Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    I was craving chocolate and there was a small slice of chocolate cream pie in the freezer. My 8-yr old son wanted it, but I told him it was bad and threw it in the trash. Once he left the kitchen, I took it out of the trash (it was in a box) and ate it in 30 seconds flat.

Wow, I can't believe I just put that out there.

Pretty sure lying to your kids about the good snacks is a mark of good parenting, lol.

Yea, my older son is a snack thief. He wakes up super early in the morning and finds treats. He have adapted by buying treats after dark and hiding them various places.

That is daughter. I can't have chocolate in the house or she will find it. And eat it. And then tell me she feels fat. :p

I just have to hide snacks from myself :D

Not sure how that would work...that is when they go into the trash. And then to dumpster. Or that trash eating behavior surfaces!

I'm out of sight, out of (mostly) mind. So I'm much less likely to attack the jelly beans if they are in my desk drawer that I rarely open - even better if I can avoid them for a week because I'll really start to forget. Spare baked goods go in the freezer and same thing happens. I'm a lucky girl that way, I guess.

I'm the same way. A dozen cookies can last weeks in the freezer, in the cupboard they'd be lucky to last 2 days!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I was craving chocolate and there was a small slice of chocolate cream pie in the freezer. My 8-yr old son wanted it, but I told him it was bad and threw it in the trash. Once he left the kitchen, I took it out of the trash (it was in a box) and ate it in 30 seconds flat.

Pretty sure lying to your kids about the good snacks is a mark of good parenting, lol.

Yea, my older son is a snack thief. He wakes up super early in the morning and finds treats. He have adapted by buying treats after dark and hiding them various places.

That is daughter. I can't have chocolate in the house or she will find it. And eat it. And then tell me she feels fat. :p

Not sure how that would work...that is when they go into the trash. And then to dumpster. Or that trash eating behavior surfaces!

I'm out of sight, out of (mostly) mind. So I'm much less likely to attack the jelly beans if they are in my desk drawer that I rarely open - even better if I can avoid them for a week because I'll really start to forget. Spare baked goods go in the freezer and same thing happens. I'm a lucky girl that way, I guess.

I'm the same way. A dozen cookies can last weeks in the freezer, in the cupboard they'd be lucky to last 2 days!
    I keep all of my snacks, non-frozen sweets included, in a separate cupboard and do pretty well with it.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

Not me, if I know they are there its ALL I can think of!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Not me, if I know they are there its ALL I can think of!

Same. The only safe place is the my son's closet when he is sleeping.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I still can't believe I actually had this thing.

Did you use it? Because I sure did. :s

I think the picture or something got removed. Probably perceived as advertising. I'll have to Google it.
    That's... really weird. I can't see it anymore either.

It's a dumbell you shake for six minutes for "shaping and toning your upper body". It looks very silly.

The link worked. That is the stupidest thing I have ever seen....and that girl's face must have been so sore from all that fake smiling.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    I'm sorry but all I can think about is how many guys enjoy watching that.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    It's stupid and "dirty" ! It's the perfect gag gift. :lol:
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    It's stupid and "dirty" ! It's the perfect gag gift. :lol:

Yes, I think that was the entire point of the stupid thing, lol.

The year it came out I saw it in at least three Secret Santas or other gift exchanges and it was inevitably hilarious.
  • Oberon21
    edited October 2015
    Options

I chose to ignore the implications and the comments below it. :)
  • kelly_c_77
    Options

I chose to ignore the implications and the comments below it. :)

Yeah, I only watched for like 20 seconds without sound...and I didn't even scroll down to see if there were comments.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Confession:

Last night I was watching this new show on the ID Channel True Nightmares, & they had this case on about a quack 'doctor' Linda Hazzard who ran a starvation clinic Wilderness Heights in the early 1900s. Basically she claimed that starving yourself would rid yourself of toxins; unfortunately, 40 of her victims died.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linda_Hazzard#See_also

https://www.themedicalbag.com/despicabledoctor/linda-hazzard-the-starvation-doctor
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Confession:

Last night I was watching this new show on the ID Channel True Nightmares, & they had this case on about a quack 'doctor' Linda Hazzard who ran a starvation clinic Wilderness Heights in the early 1900s. Basically she claimed that starving yourself would rid yourself of toxins; unfortunately, 40 of her victims died.

https://www.themedicalbag.com/despicabledoctor/linda-hazzard-the-starvation-doctor

All kinds of stupid out there
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Confession:

The crazy thing is so many people bought into this!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I binge eat on occasion and feel terrible after :s

I am pretty sure we have all done that. No judgment here... especially since I ate way too much trail mix after work today.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Confession:

I have read about her... bad, bad news. And some truly gullible people.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I had a pumpkin pie Quest bar today....and I must get more.....that is one of my favorites now!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Confession:

The crazy thing is so many people bought into this!

I agree.

I was shocked to read that she was sentenced to 20 years in jail & only had to serve two & had a full pardon. If something like this happened in today's time they would either receive life in prison or the death penalty.

I think every time I see someone mention starvation mode on here & that's why they cannot lose weight/gained weight I'll post one of these links.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Confession:

I have read about her... bad, bad news. And some truly gullible people.

I love watching the cases about these kind of things that happened long ago. They have another show on there A Crime To Remember that depicts cases from the 1950s-1960s for the most part.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    I think every time I see someone mention starvation mode on here & that's why they cannot lose weight/gained weight I'll post one of these links.

Please do!

The starvation mode nonsense I see on here makes me stabby.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I had a pumpkin pie Quest bar today....and I must get more.....that is one of my favorites now!!

It's my son's favorite, too. I like it, but it's not my fav.