The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,216 Member
    Options
    Don't stare at them. They may get self conscious and start some fad diet to try and lose weight since they think your staring at them because they are fat. Wait. Nevermind. That's my teenager. As you were. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Don't stare at them. They may get self conscious and start some fad diet to try and lose weight since they think your staring at them because they are fat. Wait. Nevermind. That's my teenager. As you were. :smile:

The bucks out here are getting some pretty nice antlers and while they're eating you can see their strong neck and chest muscles they use to hold those things up. It's amazing!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Okay guys. An hour and a half left on my shift. I might not have the energy to walk the dog when I get home... poor Tessa, she's probably PANICKING right now because I'm not home.
    She literally waits for me sitting on the back deck at the house, rain or shine and does this loud crying whining thing when I get home and if I don't give her attention immediately she gets all "barky".
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Right?!?! I've seriously only had one or two people who I shared that site with that were not impressed with the accuracy! What sign are you? I'm a Virgo.

https://youtu.be/XjsMaUbqdjM

You're adorable! And I really like that you don't use exclusively higher-end products.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian I know the eating everything in sight thing well, that's me like everyday lol. And the crap I think of when I'm beyond exhausted...the navy one was hilarious!

Glad to see peeps come back, it was super quiet on here Thursday.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    How's everyone's night going?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I always love it when people act like I'll be offended when they say they would like a second opinion. My goal is your animals care, not my ego. They seem so relieved when I tell them I don't mind and where would they like my records sent so their vet can compare notes.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I always love it when people act like I'll be offended when they say they would like a second opinion. My goal is your animals care, not my ego. They seem so relieved when I tell them I don't mind and where would they like my records sent so their vet can compare notes.

I think they might also be worried that your goal is to take their money and that you would be reluctant to let money/business slip through your fingers.
  • silverlining84
    silverlining84 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Last nightshift before 3 glorious days off! Meeting with my physiotherapist this week to discuss what rehab i'll need after foot surgery in a few weeks. Starting to feel nervous!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Last nightshift before 3 glorious days off! Meeting with my physiotherapist this week to discuss what rehab i'll need after foot surgery in a few weeks. Starting to feel nervous!

I wouldn't stress it too much. They wont ask you to do anything you aren't capable of. Just make sure after the surgery that you are very honest on what hurts, where, and what kind of pain.

I don't get days off. I get days without pay. Except tomorrow night. I'll be using accumulated holiday hours for my day off tomorrow. This will be my first requested day off and my first 3 day 'weekend' for this job.
    Hopefully no one dies this time and prevents me from actually taking tomorrow off! :angry:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for your kind words! The speed of talking...believe it or not that IS me slowed down! People who know me are used to it but even watching myself I'm blown away by how fast I talk...sheesh! I filmed another...a TMI tag...of course...

I can't WAIT for the SNOW!!!

• bethanie0825
    Options
    @lilaclovebird You def deserve that day off! And long weekend. I agree with you about the @sufferlandrian situation too. They think it's about the money and it's not one bit. :)

@silverlining84 good luck!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    We are supposed to get snow tonight.
  • DLDzioba
    DLDzioba Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    hello
  • bethanie0825
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Just more rain here. Started Sunday morning and isn't suppose to stop till tomorrow after lunch.

Hi! @DLDzioba
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    @DLDzioba Hi there!

@bethanie0825 We are supposed to get more rain starting on Thursday and it's supposed to be pretty heavy which means more flooding. :weary:
  • DLDzioba
    Options
    Never been in here before. I'm working night shift at a hotel, what do you guys do?
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I'm a night shift Public Safety Officer(Security Guard) for MD Anderson Cancer Center at the Bastrop/Smithville detachement.

@sufferlandrian is a Veterinarian. He works LOOOOONG shifts.
    @bethanie0825 is a dispatcher.
    @Frankie_Felinius and @jennifer_417 both work at hotels as well.
    @belimawr Does stuff with trains???
    That's all I remember....
  • DLDzioba
    Options
    Awesome, nice to meet you all. I only work third shift 2 days a week unless our regular guy goes on a trip (fair often, actually).
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Welcome to the coolest thread ever!