November 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »

So I just completed my first HM even if it wasn't an organized race. Might complain to the organizers - No water stations, No Bathroom Facilities, No Shirt, No Race Bling and no post race FOOD.

You should totally complain! ;) But awesome job!! :smiley:
    Although a winter HM will be better for me as in the heat of summer I wilt, and you can only take off so many clothes before you get arrested.

Haha, I tell people the same thing! I can always put more clothes on, but I can only take so many off before I'm breaking the law ;)
    kareF wrote: »
    ACSL3 wrote: »
    @kareF - oh no! I hope you're feeling better. I'm glad it was a good run before the fall! If the pain doesn't let up soon or you have tenderness over the ankle bone you may want to look into getting an x-ray. You can still have a minor fracture and still be capable of walking on it. Sorry about your phone too - that's crummy! :(

Thank you!! :worried: My ankle has tripled in size. I can walk on it with limited pain, though I think it is just muscular as i can stand/walk on it and it's not sore to touch, just hurts if I turn my foot certain ways. I could curse those shoes to the moon! I doubt I will be running again this week and I'm not sure what I should run in when I can run again - If I should maybe use my old Fila's (cheap and nasty, but a broader shoe) or keep using the Nike's (not enough arch support or stability) I haven't any options other than that seeming as it's going to take me at least a month to pay the Asics off.

Oh good - hearing you say you can walk with limited pain makes me feel better that there's nothing broken. Likely a bad ligament tear, which will heal itself. Don't know what to tell you about running or not running, but a good physical therapy regimen for twisted ankles is to trace the ABCs with your foot. It'll hurt, but it'll help your body heal the ligaments without decreasing your range of motion :)
  • ACSL3
    Options
    Ohhim wrote: »
    Tapering for an Olympic triathlon Sunday

Good luck on Sunday! cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • runner_girl83
    runner_girl83 Posts: 553 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Apologies for anyone not wanting to see my foot.. Thinking @ACSL3 may be right and I've possibly torn some ligaments. Might be off to the Dr. tomorrow just to be safe.

505vz1ii8c3t.jpg
  • MamaMollyT
    MamaMollyT Posts: 197 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    @kareF Oh wow that's swollen! Yeah, a doctor might be a good choice.... Eeek!

@MamaMollyT That sunrise is gorgeous!
  • CrimsonWhite
    CrimsonWhite Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to incorporate a more regular 4th run into my week, so keeping it short since I already added some distance to my longer run this week. I started out running outside, but then it started to rain on me. So at the 2/3rd of a mile I decided to hit the treadmill. It's just hard to run as fast on the treadmill without working up to it. But I got a short one in at least!

10/2 5 miles
    10/3 3.5 miles
    10/5 5.5 miles
    10/7 2 miles

Total of 16 miles out of a goal of 50. I'm definitely on track! But I imagine life will interfere somewhere along the way, so it's good to stay ahead of the game. If things go ok, I can always take one of those cutback weeks.

Happy running everyone!
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    11/1: 22 miles LR
    11/2: 5 miles recovery style
    11/3: XT: 15 miles indoor bike
    11/4: 10 miles
    11/5: 7 miles tempo run (am), 7.2 with the Thursday crew (pm)
    11/6: Rest day
    11/7: 6 miles

Went to bed too late (thanks, Netflix...) and woke up too early, so I was not excited to run today. But I put on some shorts and a t-shirt because we're having September weather in November (seriously, 60+ degrees at 9 am in November? Somebody pinch me!), and wouldn't you know, 2 miles in and I was feelin' good! Took a couple miles for the rest day stiffness to leave my cranky heel, but as always, I was feeling limber and strong by the end. And according to my google calendar, taper officially starts tomorrow, so bring on the taper madness! ;)

57.2/150

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    11/22: Philadelphia Marathon
    .....?
    5/1: New Jersey Marathon
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    @kareF that looks really painful. speedy recovery!

My calf was in pain for a couple of days and even though I wanted to run so bad today, I thought I will be doing a mile or two before the pain is too much. But what do you know, 7 miles in and I had to stop even though I felt I could have kept going forever.

11/1 4.71 miles
    11/2 no run—elliptical for an hour though!
    11/3 5.27 miles — lake path. here are a couple of pictures!
    11/4 no run--elliptical for an hour.
    11/5 4 miles--nice run, but my left calf decided to go crazy today for some reason! I did finish my run, although the last mile was painful, like a cramp, but not fully :(
    11/7 7 miles--wonderful run, felt so comfortable and happy since I thought I won't be able to make the run

exercise.png
  • Amandajs232
    Amandajs232 Posts: 194 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    On track
    exercise.png

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    kareF wrote: »
    Apologies for anyone not wanting to see my foot.. Thinking @ACSL3 may be right and I've possibly torn some ligaments. Might be off to the Dr. tomorrow just to be safe.
    The Bad - You are injured - the Good you can put weight on it and its not all Black and Blue.
    Yes to the ABC's pointer with your toe, Ice and rest along with a Dr. Visit. Many years ago when I sprained my ankle playing hockey the ABC's were what my Physio Recommended and showed me. I should warn you that with me it went from being a pleasant stretch/exercise to pain with no transition - all my physio said was - " yes that's the way this exercise works so keep doing them" .
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    November 1 - lazy day, no running
    November 2 - 17km in the morning and another 4km with my dog in the evening.
    November 3 - 10km early this morning. First snowfall of the year. :'( I'm ready for it to be summer.
    November 4 - day off
    November 5 - 10km - less than 2km in and I tripped on the sidewalk and fell hard. I shook it off and kept going. When I got home I realize my running tights were ripped and covered in blood. Yay for running in the dark.
    November 6 - day off
    November 7 - 15km

November Total: 56km (194km/120-ish miles to go)

• dperich1968
    dperich1968 Posts: 235 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    When life gets in the way of your running, ugh. Should be able to catch up on miles next week. Very busy weekend.

Nov 3 - 4.73 walking
    Nov 5 - 7.00
    Nov 6 - yoga and stretches
    Nov 7 - family time
    Nov 8 - family time

exercise.png

• vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Date      Miles      MTD
    ------    -----    -----
    Nov 01      6.5      6.5
    Nov 07      4.2     10.7

exercise.png

After a little reflection, I've decided to further revise my goal to 50 miles, away from the 100 mile targets I set the past several months. I was realizing that, although not exactly injured, I was aching all the time, and my times were not improving at all. It seems like a little recovery time is called for, and a little less focus on quantity of miles.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    11/1: 5.62 miles (3.18 running, 2.44 walking)
    11/2: 5.13 miles walking + weights/TRX with trainer
    11/3: 2 miles easy jog, even slower than usual glacial pace
    11/4: 5.45 miles (3.1 running, 2.35 walking)
    11/5: 5.8 miles walking (active rest day)
    11/6: 5.1 miles (2.2 running, 2.9 walking)
    11/7: 5.2 miles walking + weights/TRX with trainer

exercise.png
  • patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    06/11 - 13.5 miles
    07/11 - 10.3 km

so windy today I couldn't move, so I used the tricks I read yesterday on runner's world - don't get frustrated, don't fight the wind, focus on the effort and not on the pace - and it worked very well

after 7km dry, I thought - wow, it was suppose to rain, it looks like clouds are clearing out, might go to Brighton then ... well, 3 minutes later...mega heavy rain! I couldn't even see, but honestly I did enjoy the last 2 km under those conditions, it was fun! satisfied to see people closed in their cars and myself out in the rain working out

tomorrow long run, I feel like going right now, but this is NOT a good sign, the worst feelings I have the day before, the better I perform, and vice versa

last week 22 miles killed me, so I'm a bit concerned, let's see tomorrow how it goes
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    November goal 75 miles

11/1 4.42
    11/2 rest
    11/3 3.18
    11/4 9.47
    11/5 rest
    11/6 3.25
    11/7 6.25: 1st (and last ;) ) in my age group!

Total 26.57

Upcoming races:
    11/7 Sunrise Athletics 10k
    11/15 Las Vegas RocknRoll 1/2 marathon
    3/20 Big Island International 1/2 marathon

@kareF : I am a doctor. Yes, you need to see one soon.....

Ticker is my goal for 2015 and accumulation to date:

exercise.png

• tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options

exercise.png

11/3--5.28 miles
    11/4--5.03 miles
    11/5--strength training and elliptical
    11/6--3 miles
    11/7--13.03 (woo hoo)
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    @Stoshew71 - I don't know if I'm still in the young category at age 30, but I do know who Tom Selleck is and have no idea who Donny Walhberg is! :/ lol

Maybe I am the old one? lol Donny Walhberg? New Kids On the Block? married to Jenny McCarthy (Donny loves Jenny). Wahlburgers?
    He plays Tom Sellecks' oldest son (detective) on Blue Bloods?

alg-donnie-wahlberg-jpg.jpg
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    @kareF I'm sorry to hear about your fall. I hope that swelling goes down soon.
  • ACSL3
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    @Stoshew71 - I don't know if I'm still in the young category at age 30, but I do know who Tom Selleck is and have no idea who Donny Walhberg is! :/ lol

Maybe I am the old one? lol Donny Walhberg? New Kids On the Block? married to Jenny McCarthy (Donny loves Jenny). Wahlburgers?
    He plays Tom Sellecks' oldest son (detective) on Blue Bloods?

Oh, ok, I know who he is. Mostly, I'm just really bad with names, haha. Characters and faces I remember, but tend to forget the actor/actress's names ;)