10 day green smoothie cleanse

Options

Replies

• Donesha88
    Donesha88 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I definitely want to try this where do I get the recipes i won't be doing this cleanse till after Thanksgiving
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Donesha88 wrote: »
    I definitely want to try this where do I get the recipes i won't be doing this cleanse till after Thanksgiving

Can you please highlight which posts swayed you to try this cleanse and which posts were not compelling enough to convince you that a cleanse is not necessary for weight loss and sometimes can even be quite harmful? I'd like to see what verbiage resonates and what needs to be amended for the next cleanse thread...
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Can you please highlight which posts swayed you to try this cleanse and which posts were not compelling enough to convince you that a cleanse is not necessary for weight loss and sometimes can even be quite harmful? I'd like to see what verbiage resonates and what needs to be amended for the next cleanse thread...

"Verbiage". *steals*

Cos it made me smile
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

Eat Thanksgiving food, then eat regular diet at a deficit. Liver will cleanse, kidneys will filter.

No cleanse needed.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options

i will join you, as long as i can make red smoothies instead. i dont think i could hold the green stuff down.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

shirley_temple_facepalm-400x250.gif

The movie "Dumb and Dumber", comes to my mind.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

i will join you, as long as i can make red smoothies instead. i dont think i could hold the green stuff down.

Is that like bloody marys?

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

oh hell no, thats as bad as drinking grass smoothies
    i was thinking more of Strawberry Margarita Smoothie or Cherry Lime Margarita Smoothie. the tequila will help burn the fat.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    tis the season for cleanses and detoxes, falalalalalala...

OP - you don't need to cleanser your body of toxins as your body does that naturally on your own. Also, you don't "kickstart" weight loss. Just start eating in a deficit, and making better overall decision with what you are eating.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    @ndj1979 I'd forgotten what you looked like without bars! <3
  • ndj1979
    Options
    shikashik wrote: »
    Hey I'm Ashley and I need to lose like 60lbs. I'm starting my 10 day green smoothie cleanse Wed. Let me know if you are jnterested. I need a support buddy and I'm new to these discussion post
    Hi Ashley, I have don't this cleanse several times. In fact i just finished2 weeks ago. So i am unable to do it with you. There is a huge facebook group with tons on great support. My only suggestion is that you have a plan for what you are going to do after the cleanse. You cannot go back to you old way of eating because you will most certainly put i all back on. Use the cleanse as stepping stone to your final goal and not the end all be all.
    Why did you need to "cleanse" multiple times?

because toxins...
  • ndj1979
    Options

*wow*
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

oh hell no, thats as bad as drinking grass smoothies
    i was thinking more of Strawberry Margarita Smoothie or Cherry Lime Margarita Smoothie. the tequila will help burn the fat.

I would think the tequila would help kill the toxinz :smile:
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Oh gawd... now I want a Bloody Mary
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

@WinoGelato My guess is that, they didn't read the replies; at least I hope that's why?
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Oh gawd... now I want a Bloody Mary

IN for a good round of spicy bloody maries. Marys? Maries? Howinell do you spell that in plural?
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Here's some great recipes for smoothies!!

Will It Smoothie?
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Even though it seems like all the sensible people are just talking among themselves and being ignored by the 'pro-boring-smoothie-detox' people, I'm going to throw in my 2 cents.

OP- I can give you a way to SAVE money and LOSE WEIGHT! HOW you ask? Well, the answers simple...

I lost 46lbs by eating exactly what I wanted. I didn't blend anything down, I didn't have to live off of fruits and veggies (although I eat them when I want to). I can eat biscuits, crisps, soup, pizza, risotto. Literally anything I want (although from a health angle I do try and get a good amount of fruit and veg in too obviously).

I saved money because I didn't have to fork out for expensive diet plans, smoothies, OR a ton of fresh veggies to blend down. Because I was eating less than before, I was buying less food (= spending less money).

It's literally that easy. Why on earth would you put yourself through an almost exclusively liquid diet when you can eat real food? and by eating 'actual' food, you'll be losing fat, not just water weight that you'll gain back after the 'cleanse'.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    Even though it seems like all the sensible people are just talking among themselves and being ignored by the 'pro-boring-smoothie-detox' people, I'm going to throw in my 2 cents.

OP- I can give you a way to SAVE money and LOSE WEIGHT! HOW you ask? Well, the answers simple...

I lost 46lbs by eating exactly what I wanted. I didn't blend anything down, I didn't have to live off of fruits and veggies (although I eat them when I want to). I can eat biscuits, crisps, soup, pizza, risotto. Literally anything I want (although from a health angle I do try and get a good amount of fruit and veg in too obviously).

I saved money because I didn't have to fork out for expensive diet plans, smoothies, OR a ton of fresh veggies to blend down. Because I was eating less than before, I was buying less food (= spending less money).

It's literally that easy. Why on earth would you put yourself through an almost exclusively liquid diet when you can eat real food? and by eating 'actual' food, you'll be losing fat, not just water weight that you'll gain back after the 'cleanse'.

because weight loss is hard and should be the equivalent to the experience of being tortured during the inquisition ….
This discussion has been closed.