New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• piheart
    piheart Posts: 122 Member
    I've always wanted to try Miracle Berries - http://amzn.to/1I8Tlrb
    they look like they would be fun. They make everything taste sweet, even vinegar and lemons!

Had these in a college class about drugs and behavior to simulate how drugs change perception. Stout beers taste just like chocolate, hot sauce is sweet, whole lemons are like candy. would be really good for diabetics who need to control their sugar levels, as you can get the same sweet treat experience from other foods!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Anyone try the McDonald's Egg Nog shake?
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    zh90i1o1eu8b.png
    REALLY LIKED THIS. It had a subtle pumpkin flavor. I am a pumpkin fan so it was good. My boyfriend hates pumpkin and she thought it tasted weird. He said pumpkin should not be savory. I liked it and thought it tasted like pumpkin ravioli filling, very good. It tasted lovely on toasted bagel.
    HEB carries a pumpkin pie hummus that I REALLY love. I just ran out of my second tub. :(

I tried the gingerbread latte from Starbucks today. It was a little too sweet and not very gingery.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member

I tried it last year (or two years ago?) and loved it! Very thick, rich, and pronounced eggnog taste. Very dense and a small really filled me up. I read reviews prior to trying it and was discouraged by many people saying it tasted fake, but they must have changed the recipe since then because I didn't taste anything fake about it. This all being said, I only ordered that one all year, the calories are pretty high for it! Very good treat though if you like eggnog and have enough calories ;)

On a side note, I found a ton of Wild Friend's peanut butters at TJ Maxx for $4.99. I picked up the Pumpkin Spice and was very disappointed and found it bland; the spices were all there but it was kind of dry and didn't taste sweet at all like I was hoping. I'm kicking myself for not picking up the sugar cookie flavor instead!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    I've always wanted to try Miracle Berries - http://amzn.to/1I8Tlrb
    they look like they would be fun. They make everything taste sweet, even vinegar and lemons!

Never heard of these but they sound interesting!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    hgycta wrote: »

I tried it last year (or two years ago?) and loved it! Very thick, rich, and pronounced eggnog taste. Very dense and a small really filled me up. I read reviews prior to trying it and was discouraged by many people saying it tasted fake, but they must have changed the recipe since then because I didn't taste anything fake about it. This all being said, I only ordered that one all year, the calories are pretty high for it! Very good treat though if you like eggnog and have enough calories ;)

On a side note, I found a ton of Wild Friend's peanut butters at TJ Maxx for $4.99. I picked up the Pumpkin Spice and was very disappointed and found it bland; the spices were all there but it was kind of dry and didn't taste sweet at all like I was hoping. I'm kicking myself for not picking up the sugar cookie flavor instead!

I've tried both of them and the sugar cookie was way better. I was not a huge fan of the pumpkin, just okay.
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Mug cakes!

dr-oetker-cups-cakes-nougat-53g.jpg

dr-oetker-cups-hazelnut-cakes-54g.jpg

Kind of high on calories, but delicious!
  • hgycta
    edited November 2015
    ATTENTION EVERYONE:
    The Vitamin Shoppe is having a sale today only (not sure if it's only online or also in their standing stores), all Lenny & Larry's products 30% off! 12 Pack of Cookies for $13.78, 12 Pack of Muscle Brownies for $17.49! This is the best deal I've personally seen on them, but I'm ordering only one box of each just in case they happen to roll out a better Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale (which I doubt they will, but just in case).
    I also tried their Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookie and LOVED IT. Didn't get to try the Birthday Cake yet, but the coconut was really soft and delicious. Right up there as a new favorite with the Snickerdoodle c;
    Also, their Power Crunch Bars are also on sale 30% off, so a box of 12 is only $11.05.
    For some reason they also applied an extra 10% off my entire order at checkout and I got free shipping o:
    Plus Healthy Awards Points.
    Goodness this is why I don't go to GNC xD
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    ATTENTION EVERYONE:
    The Vitamin Shoppe is having a sale today only (not sure if it's only online or also in their standing stores), all Lenny & Larry's products 30% off! 12 Pack of Cookies for $13.78, 12 Pack of Muscle Brownies for $17.49! This is the best deal I've personally seen on them, but I'm ordering only one box of each just in case they happen to roll out a better Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale (which I doubt they will, but just in case).
    I also tried their Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookie and LOVED IT. Didn't get to try the Birthday Cake yet, but the coconut was really soft and delicious. Right up there as a new favorite with the Snickerdoodle c;
    Also, their Power Crunch Bars are also on sale 30% off, so a box of 12 is only $11.05.
    For some reason they also applied an extra 10% off my entire order at checkout and I got free shipping o:

I just seen that e-mail.

I'll definitely have to buy a few more boxes of the Snickerdoodle & maybe one of the Birthday Cake.

So far my favorites are in order Snickerdoodle (ah so good in the microwave), White Chocolate Macadamia, & the Lemon Poppyseed.

The only one I didn't care for were the Pumpkin.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly

I've tried both of them and the sugar cookie was way better. I was not a huge fan of the pumpkin, just okay.

I read the Sugar Cookie tasted more like cinnamon, but if I can find it at TJMaxx then I might splurge & buy a jar.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    ATTENTION EVERYONE:

This is what I paid for the 3 boxes I have... I need to get through those before I buy more, sadly, lol.

Has anyone tried the birthday cake one yet?
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    I found these on clearance at Natural Grocers. I expected them to be the exact same as their Chocolate Chip bars, but they're surprisingly not. Tastes like a combination between their Chocolate Brownie and Chocolate Chip flavors.
    21633142909_860b08e8d9_z.jpg
    There is something just very odd about these. Tastes kinda like a sweetened up softer version of their Espresso Slim bars. It also had a light film on some parts of the coating, which I read in a bunch of reviews is a common problem. Definitely not worth the $1.79.
    nugo-dark-mocha-chocolate-lg.png
    I think I tried their superfood flavor a few years ago, but I'm not sure. These are a lot like the Brownie Clif bars, but an improved version of it. Still prefer the other Clif bar flavors over these, though.
    1172.png
    These definitely have a soynut and date thing going on. I like it.
    1178.png
    Eeeewwww.
    61vVtI4gTSL._SX522_.jpg
    This did not taste like peanut butter or a peanut butter cup.
    81LRMBM0D1L._SX522_.jpg
    I really like the coating on this.
    nugo-organic-double-dark-chocolate-lg.png
    Not coconutty enough for me.
    nugo-dark-chocolate-coconut-large.png

@hgycta Good thing I didn't end up buying a jar of their pumpkin spice peanut butter. I ended up buying Follow Your Heart's VeganEgg as an add-on item instead. Besides, I already have 20+ jars of the Skippy Natural on hand.

Also, I checked out the ingredients on the new Lenny and Larry's coconut chocolate chip cookies... WTF? I don't think vitamin D3 is vegan, unless that was a mistake of some sort. Then again, they're not a vegan company, and there certainly isn't FDA regulations around the word...

(100%VEGAN) ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR [UNBLEACHED], NIACIN, IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), CANE SUGAR,PALM MARGARINE (PALM OIL, PALM KERNEL OIL, SUNFLOWER OIL, WATER, SALT, VEGETABLE MONOGLYCERIDES, SUNFLOWER LECITHIN, FLAVORING, CITRIC ACID, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, VITAMIN D3),PROTEIN BLEND(PEA PROTEIN ISOLATE, BROWN RICE PROTEIN, WHEAT GLUTEN),VANILLA FLAVOR, SPRINKLES (SUGAR, CORN STARCH, VEGETABLE FAT, SPIRULINA EXTRACT, TURMERIC, CAROTENE, PAPRIKA, BEETROOT RED, ANTHOCYANINS, MALTODEXTRIN, CARNAUBA WAX), OAT FIBER, APPLE FIBER, MOLASSES, BUTTER FLAVOR, SALT, BAKING SODA, FLAXSEED, OREGANO, SUNFLOWER LECITHIN

@MissBabyJane Those ought to be imported to the US.

Not vegan, but I was curious so looked it up. The D3 could be vegan. There's a company called Vitashine that advertises manufacturing the only vegan vitamin D3 - registered with the Vegan Society (no idea if that's meaningless woo, or an actual certifying body).
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    ATTENTION EVERYONE:
    Dang, and I JUST stopped by their today.
    Mug cakes!

dr-oetker-cups-cakes-nougat-53g.jpg

dr-oetker-cups-hazelnut-cakes-54g.jpg

Kind of high on calories, but delicious!
    I really hope these are at World Market or something.

• Noreenmarie1234
    ATTENTION EVERYONE:

THANKS!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited November 2015
    stealthq wrote: »
    I found these on clearance at Natural Grocers. I expected them to be the exact same as their Chocolate Chip bars, but they're surprisingly not. Tastes like a combination between their Chocolate Brownie and Chocolate Chip flavors.

The chocolate chip is the same as their regular chocolate chip. I was curious what the difference was so I messaged clif bar and asked them.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Ok I am a big fatty! I just ordered six boxes of Lenny & Larry's cookies. At $13.78 I couldn't pass up the deal. I bought one of the new Birthday Cake flavor, & five of the Snickerdoodle.

I figure once my protein bars go down that I bought at GNC I can eat these for Breakfast or even a later snack.
  • hgycta
    The plan was to save calories and try Lenny & Larry's birthday cake cookie that I recently bought, but then my father brought this home.
    Caloric bomb, but awesome if you like cheesecake. Personally I'm not a huge cheesecake person so I can't foresee myself eating it again.

jj9gsklcid02.jpg