Losing 10lbs in the month of June 2011 - Are you in?

Options

Replies

• jessicastanfill
    jessicastanfill Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am in!
    Starting weight: 172
    Goal Weight: 162 by July 1st!!
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    P90X Legs and Back and a "wog" around the lake by my house today. I think I did some serious damage last weekend. The scale will show tomorrow. *Bites nails*
  • uwec00
    uwec00 Posts: 3
    Options
    Just finished Turbo Fire: Fire 55 EZ Class. Ready for a day of rest tomorrow. Am very proud of myself for sticking to the Turbo Fire workout schedule for the past 5 days (which is about 3 days longer than I have stuck with anything in the last couple of years :wink: ) The next big challenge is I will be visiting my parents for 5 days and trying to keep working out while there. Wish me luck! :smile:
  • Johnnygirl777
    Options
    Hi everyone! Hope you are doing well! I am behind 2 days and missing Zumba tonight sadly :( Today will chaotic and enough of a calorie burn for tonights fashion show I am working but tommorrow
  • chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Well I am definitely behind on the weight loss but I am doing much much better in the exercise department. I have taken it up a notch. Sadly just a 0.2lbs weight loss this week but that is okay because I actually thought I would have a gain with TOM and all. I know I am retaining water because I can feel the tightness in my shoes. So I will take my 0.2lbs and hope that I have a much better loss next week. Good luck to you all and hoping you all had good losses this week.
  • Johnnygirl777
    Options
    Well I am definitely behind on the weight loss but I am doing much much better in the exercise department. I have taken it up a notch. Sadly just a 0.2lbs weight loss this week but that is okay because I actually thought I would have a gain with TOM and all. I know I am retaining water because I can feel the tightness in my shoes. So I will take my 0.2lbs and hope that I have a much better loss next week. Good luck to you all and hoping you all had good losses this week.

Great job upping the workouts! It may not be a huge weight loss but it IS a weight loss and you should be proud, esp at TOM.
  • Johnnygirl777
    Options
    Hello everyone, I hope that you're doing well... crazy things happen in the last few weeks, new job, death in the family etc. So I've be MIA for a bit, sorry about that!

Anyone have anything to update?
  • chrisja
    Options
    I am at 6.8lbs lost so far for the month. Like I expected I had a very good loss this past week. I seem to only lose really every other week so I wont hold out much hope for much more for the rest of the month. My plan to beat that though is to up the proteins this week and lessen the carbs while continuing with the exercises. I hope for some success doing that.

How is everyone else doing?
  • Johnnygirl777
    Options
    I am at 6.8lbs lost so far for the month. Like I expected I had a very good loss this past week. I seem to only lose really every other week so I wont hold out much hope for much more for the rest of the month. My plan to beat that though is to up the proteins this week and lessen the carbs while continuing with the exercises. I hope for some success doing that.

How is everyone else doing?

Wow, that's amazing!! I'm afraid I've stalled a bit, my life dramatically changed with my new job with a 60 mile commute half the week so adjusting has been nuts!
  • MrsK612
    MrsK612 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    WooHoo! Just passed the 10lb mark...with one day to spare! (whew)
  • chrisja
    Options
    Congrats MrsK612. Well done!!!!! I know I wont be making the 10lb mark this month but I am still satisfied.

Johnnygirl777 I know how some changes can throw things off. I go away July 9th and I hope I will be able to stay on track. I will be trying my hardest though but I know it will be tough. Nothing like a controlled environment for me.
  • Virgo09
    Virgo09 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    How's everyone losing 7-10 lbs this month? What are you eating and what type of physical activity are you doing? I barely lost 2 lbs for June...
  • mdn15
    mdn15 Posts: 145
    Options
    I MADE IT!!!!! I did not think it was possible b/c i have struggled for soooooo long. But I did it. I lost the 10 lbs this June. On t he the next 10 for July!!!! Yeah!!!!!
  • Johnnygirl777
    Options
    WooHoo! Just passed the 10lb mark...with one day to spare! (whew)

CONGRATS!!! That's so amazing, you should be really proud of yourself! I'd love to have you join a July challenge with me, just the type of motivational people I love :)
  • Johnnygirl777
    Options
    Congrats MrsK612. Well done!!!!! I know I wont be making the 10lb mark this month but I am still satisfied.

Johnnygirl777 I know how some changes can throw things off. I go away July 9th and I hope I will be able to stay on track. I will be trying my hardest though but I know it will be tough. Nothing like a controlled environment for me.

Don't worry, I didn't hit 10lbs either, it was a huge goal for me to try and achieve since I only had 10lbs to lose but I loved it and did get some results I'll post in a moment :)
  • Johnnygirl777
    Options
    How's everyone losing 7-10 lbs this month? What are you eating and what type of physical activity are you doing? I barely lost 2 lbs for June...

A weight loss is a loss, so even though it's only 2lbs that's better than nothing! For me the challenge was to give me something tough to shoot for, I really only had 10lbs that I could lose and I didn't come anywhere near it but I did lose some and get better toned and in shape than I have been for awhile. I am personally doing P90X diet plan and workouts.
  • Johnnygirl777
    Options
    I MADE IT!!!!! I did not think it was possible b/c i have struggled for soooooo long. But I did it. I lost the 10 lbs this June. On t he the next 10 for July!!!! Yeah!!!!!

WOW! Congrats, I'm SO proud of you!!! I'd love to have you join my July challenge!
  • Johnnygirl777
    Options
    Congrats to everyone that lost any weight at all during the month of June! Even if it's not a lot, it's better than nothing or gaining weight so great job to all of us. To those of you that lost the 10lbs... my hats off, that's a big weight loss and I'm proud of you all :)

Here are my personal weight loss statistics, the 10lbs I wanted to lose are my last 10 so I didn't fully expect to lose them all this month but I was plateaued for 4 months and this month I finally broke it.

I went from 133 to 129 & lost 2% body fat. I'm also pretty sure I've put on some muscle. (I've never posted my weight on here before!)

The first 2 weeks, were perfection, worked out every day, ate perfectly. Then I got a new job and had a death in the family and the workouts slowed down a bit but I'm finding time to factor them in.

So July starts tomorrow, my birthday is on Monday and I want to be in a bIkini! What challenge shall we do? So we do pounds and everyone have their own goal of weight to lose or should we do calories burned, low carb month?

I'd love to hear your suggestions!
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Well, I lost 3. Not close to 10. BUT 3 is better than none, and now I am off work for the summer, so I am planning on focusing on ME for the summer. Here's to new challenges all the time! :drinker:
  • derail65
    derail65 Posts: 8
    Options
    7753336.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter