Options

Replies

• Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    bri170lb wrote: »

J4T Monday
    1. Pre log breakfast, lunch and dinner and stick to the plan. - a little over on calories
    2. Finish Christmas decorating. - about 75% done
    4. Work on planning meals and making grocery list for next 2 weeks - not yet
    5. Day 13 of Ab Challenge :smile:
    6. Go for a walk :smile: 5 miles
    7. Adding day 14 of Ab Challenge :smile: -did 2 days worth to make up for being lazy over

Bri170lb, you've inspired me. I've been struggling with keeping on track & I noticed that you're doing an ab challenge. I need to look into committing to a challenge in hopes that it'll help me stay accountable. Thank you for sharing!
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    shrcpr wrote: »
    JFT, 12/23

1. Stay within calorie limits :)
    2. Walk the dogs :)
    3. Strength workout: Push Circuit 2 :)
    4. Cardio workout or >10k steps (Ggrr forgot to put my Fitbit on after charging and went for a walk without it this morning) :) Almost!

Happy Wednesday!

So, I think I have plantar fasciitis in my right foot. Have an appointment for Monday with the doctor. This worries me because I love my high-impact, high-intensity cardio because it burns lots of calories and keeps me off medication for depression. I'm worried about how this will affect my weight loss and my emotional state (which are tied closely together as with most people). Even walking is becoming painful so I will have to see if the elliptical is better or the stationary bike, which I hate. Hopefully I hate being depressed more than the bike. :|

Anyway, back to the actual thread topic.

JFT, 12/24

1. Stay within calorie limits
    2. Walk the dogs (wearing my good shoes with orthotics)
    3. No walking around the house barefoot
    4. Today is cardio day so go to the gym and test out if the elliptical bothers my foot
    5. Try not to panic and think this is the end of the world
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday 12/22/15
    1) OT at 9
    2) Watercolor paintings for Thursday's get-together
    3) Figure out what to do with some odds and ends for storage

^no painting

JFT Wednesday 12/23/15
    Went to a new orthopedist and found out I've been walking around for three months with an undiagnosed hip fracture. So...
    1) Made PT appt for Jan 7
    2) Made Pool appt for Jan 6
    3) Will not wreak vengence on the last orthopedist, but will definitely report it to my internist who referred me to the first one.

Oh my goodness, Jacqueline, that sounds painful (and frustrating). Wishing you a speedy recovery!
  • jet0505
    jet0505 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    JFT -
    1. Plantar fasciitis stretches three times today
    2. Abstain from processed sugar. I'm finding I do better when I completely abstain rather than moderate the sugar. Gretchen Rubin's book Better Than Before is helping me recognize weaknesses and strengths with my goal setting :smile:
    3. Spend time reflecting on good things/blessings in my life.
    4. Stationery bike and walking around mountain while family is skiing.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all. I'm thankful for the support and encouragement from this positive group of people!
  • jet0505
    jet0505 Posts: 69 Member
    Options

So, I think I have plantar fasciitis in my right foot. Have an appointment for Monday with the doctor. This worries me because I love my high-impact, high-intensity cardio because it burns lots of calories and keeps me off medication for depression. I'm worried about how this will affect my weight loss and my emotional state (which are tied closely together as with most people). Even walking is becoming painful so I will have to see if the elliptical is better or the stationary bike, which I hate. Hopefully I hate being depressed more than the bike. :|

So sorry to hear about your plantar fasciitis. There are some great resources and stretching excersies online to help you heal. I've dealt with it on and off for the last 6 years. When I recognize early signs of recurrence and start stretching right away, it can usually be kept at bay. I'm not a fan of stationary bikes, but the pain, especially in the morning, will force you to make some changes until you can heal the area. I'm back to stretching again right now after trying to kick up my cardio with high impact too quickly. Good luck!!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options

JFT Wednesday 12/23/15
    Went to a new orthopedist and found out I've been walking around for three months with an undiagnosed hip fracture. So...
    1) Made PT appt for Jan 7
    2) Made Pool appt for Jan 6
    3) Will not wreak vengence on the last orthopedist, but will definitely report it to my internist who referred me to the first one.

^still pissed, but kept my word

JFT Thursday
    1) 2 more paintings to do and @Elaine352962 - I'll post pictures
    2) Christmas eve party 7PM
    3) Wash hair
  • razzle973
    razzle973 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I just found this thread and love it! Here are my goals, JFT:

- make it to 10k steps
    - meet with a friend, exchange gifts, only eat one of her amazing homemade cookies :blush:
    - clean up the house in preparation for tomorrow
    - do a low impact cardio workout before bed

I can't wait to follow along with you all as you reach your goals! and for those who celebrate it, Merry Christmas!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    JFT Thurs 24/12
    1. Prelog/follow through/90+ minutes exercise/8000+ steps/8 cups liquid.
    2. Collect the turkey/gammon from the butcher.
    3. Cook turkey/ham and portion it out for tomorrow. Prep veg.
    4. Wrap presents.
    5. Make dinner for family. Barbecued ribs, salads etc.
    :star: Went to bed early after a hectic but wonderful day with my family around. :star:

Great to see everybody sticking to their goals

:heart: Welcome to our newcomers. This works, so stick with us.
    • Start small, keep it simple.
    • Celebrate your success.
    • Build upon your successes

JFT Fri 25/12
    :star::heart: Enjoy Christmas Day. See you back on the bus tomorrow :heart: :star:

:star: Merry Christmas :star:

w81hz7cecq7u.jpeg

:star::)smiley-happy110.gif:):star:
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    Options
    @Elaine352962 This is one of my watercolours.
    I love your pictures. Your last pencil sketch is my favourite.

phjp2ennxrj0.jpeg
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    [quote="47Jacqueline;34894191"}
    JFT Thursday
    1) 2 more paintings to do and @Elaine352962 - I'll post pictures
    2) Christmas eve party 7PM
    3) Wash hair[/quote]

^didnt do paintings. Or wash my hair.

JFT Friday 12/25/15
    1) Star Wars this morning
    2) Visit my cousin,
    3) Clean up
  • FluffyAndFestive
    FluffyAndFestive Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Cardio and lots of abs at home since the stupid gym is closed. Lol
  • gforbes12
    gforbes12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    JFT. This thread is fab.

JFT i am eating everything and enjoying it.

For once I can't wait to get back on track on Sunday 27th December.

Merry Christmas.
  • razzle973
    razzle973 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    razzle973 wrote: »
    I just found this thread and love it! Here are my goals, JFT:

- make it to 10k steps (did 20k!) :smiley:
    - meet with a friend, exchange gifts, only eat one of her amazing homemade cookies :blush: (succeeded, we even took a long walk together, hence the extra steps) :smile:
    - clean up the house in preparation for tomorrow :smile:
    - do a low impact cardio workout before bed (did not do this, but I'm still happy with my activity level for the day)

JFT, 12/25/15:
    - do that workout I talked about yesterday
    - Get at least 8k steps
    - track, enjoy, and feel no guilt about whatever I want to eat today.
    - Relax and enjoy the day off with my husband.
  • Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    @Elaine352962 This is one of my watercolours.
    I love your pictures. Your last pencil sketch is my favourite.

phjp2ennxrj0.jpeg

Your watercolour is absolutely amazing. I really love it. Have you always painted? I only started drawing 3 years ago, I have no idea why, I just can't stop now. There is an artist called Annabel Burton (Cherry Tree Handmades) she also does beautiful watercolour paintings. Another acrylic artist who I love is Monica Chadwick.

Lovely to see your work, have a grest Christmas.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,212 Member
    Options
    I have not been on here for the past week - just so much going on. But tonite I'm hoping to read all that I have missed, and tomorrow, get back to logging and posting again.
    But - I did see these beautiful paintings on here - such talented people!! Beautiful

But wanted to wish you all a very merry Christmas, and a happy new year. I am hoping the year 2016 will be the year that I can get, and stay, in shape for a healthier me!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Just dropping in to wish everyone success in their goals.

1rok9io3pa1u.jpeg

Thanks for sharing your beautiful picture!! Absolutely beautiful. My daughter, who has severe mental illness just started painting. I hope she continues with it - (we got her more paints for Christmas!).
  • mytime6630
    Options
    JFT, 12/23

So, I think I have plantar fasciitis in my right foot. Have an appointment for Monday with the doctor.

I hope you do not have plantar fasciitis! My husband had that - he bought some supports from the Good Feet store which really helped. I walk a lot, and hopefully have never had this. Will be thinking of you, and sending positive vibes!
  • Elaine352962
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Just dropping in to wish everyone success in their goals.

1rok9io3pa1u.jpeg

Thanks for sharing your beautiful picture!! Absolutely beautiful. My daughter, who has severe mental illness just started painting. I hope she continues with it - (we got her more paints for Christmas!).

Thank you Joan. Hope you had a fantastic Christmas Day. Best wishes to your daughter, I am sure art therapy will help your daughter to express how she is feeling. It will help her to relax and hopefully see her future health continually improving. Love and best wishes to you all.
    td5v94k7gj21.jpeg
    siou14ce1p5e.jpeg

• Elaine352962
    Options
    JFT

Log food
    Exercise
    Keep calm
    Do things that I love - just received a copperfoil engraving to do of a chimp. Just started to do it.
    Stop eating mince pies or at least cut down.
    Enjoy today
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Just for today -- a fresh start. I let emotions lead to unplanned eating, and time to stop that. The only thing I did was that the scale is up - the extra eating did absolutely nothing else.
    Eating will not fix the things in life that I have no control over.
    So just for today:
    1. drink 8 glasses of water
    2. No sugar
    3. write out thank you notes for beautiful christmas presents
    4. sew chemo hats. Nothing helps us feel better than to help others that are less fortunate.