Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Replies

• zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it!
    Friday Fitness: TBH, I'm sorely tempted not to think about exercise for literally the rest of the year, but might try something to help shake the stiffness. We'll see.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Merry Christmas everyone ... I popped in to record a meal and read the recent posts. And that puts me on the towels as bath mats thought pattern ... When I have the bath rugs down, I end up covering them with an old bath towel anyways because the rugs get wet when I step out of the shower, and my bathroom is small enough that one bath towel amply covers the floor space between tub and vanity ... thus, I vote for old bath towels on the floor!

Friday Fitness needs to be confessed as Thursday Truth ... today I am not doing any food watching or exercise planning as it is Christmas. Today I had lunch at the church after services and filled my plate with a tablespoon of 5 different dishes ... and realized there was no way I can find a MFP food list for any of them except for the steamed baby carrots. Thus ... no food recording today either!

Hope everyone who is sick gets better pronto, and everyone who is sad gets happy, and all those who suffer in any way find relief.

• cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited December 2015
    Merry Christmas to all.

I use towels as bathmats. Our routine is to take the towel that is drying on the bar and use it for the bathmat, grab a clean towel to use, then when done you hang that one to dry and the next person uses it for a mat. Works for us.

I am watching tiny house shows all day today. I think I could to that if I could live alone. I do not have a lot of "stuff" so downsizing would be pretty easy.

I am 10 days post surgery and my leg is now purple, yellow and some green. Quite colorful. I did take off the remaining steri strips. The challenge right now is the itching. It is just below the skin and with the bruising I cannot scratch. Not being able to work out has been the worst part. No cardio and no weight lifting until Tuesday. I do have an appointment with the trainer that day but am not positive I will be up to that.

I am leaving tomorrow morning to go to a friends cabin until Tuesday. I am looking forward to the time away. This is a pic of the lane leading to the cabin. It is about 1 mile from the cabin to the main road. The pic was taken a few weeks ago. When I am up there I usually walk to the main road and back at least once a day. It is so very peaceful and the wild life there is not afraid of people so you can really watch them. Birds, deer, squirrels and rabbits. I have not seen any evidence of bears but I do keep a watch just in case.

9gdfo0xyugfi.jpg

Love to all,
    Lori <3

• Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Merry Christmas. I hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

I am looking forward to getting back to exercising again and restarting a strong cardio workout. The weather here is rainy but warm. I wish the rain would go away so I can get outside for a workout. Tomorrow I will go to the gym at least once and maybe twice if I get my act together.

I am enjoying the time off and can now relax.

Getting ready to head to my brothers house for dinner. Hope everyone has a great night.. The bath towel debate, I have also used towels as a bath mat and to cover the rug that is down.
  • mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    It was a quiet Christmas here, but I am beginning to feel better. The celebration with the family is being rescheduled to Tuesday so there still will be merriment here. As for food: I can eat again without feeling badly. I suppose that means the 5 # that I lost will be finding me again....I will try not to regain all of it back, but certainly some can be expected.
    I wish you all peace and happiness at this very special time of year.
    @cblue Lori, what a beautiful spot to retreat to refresh and distress. Enjoy your time "up north".
    Barb
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    @barb-- glad you're feeling better. :)

@laurie-- we had that rain a few days ago; today it was sunny but colder. Still much nicer than most Decembers and no horrible snow storms to make holiday travel treacherous, so I'm happy. Enjoy the gym!

@lori-- lovely picture! I guess it's a white Christmas someplace. :)

@niki-- yes, we have bath rugs as well, but cover them with old towels so they stay dry. I also skipped logging today. I know I am over on calories, and I'm ok with it for the one day. Tomorrow it's back to logging and the gym.

@kaye-- I love that 11 is a small gathering for your family! I also need the accountability of logging. You'd think after nearly 5 years, I would have this down, but alas, I do not.

@robin-- I checked out your Nate Berkus bath mats online--very nice! I may go that route if I don't find something at Home Goods.

AFM-- My DH and I went to Christmas dinner at his mother's boyfriend's house. He's a very nice widower she's been seeing for awhile--they seem like a good match and she appears to be very happy with him. Some of you long-time posters might recall that two years ago the DH and his mother had a huge blowout and stopped talking. It was a very nasty time with a lot of hurtful messages on our answering machine from her directed at me and my husband's sister.

My DH had said for years that she just needed to get a life of her own and stop obsessing over her grown children and grand children. I thought he was being harsh, but apparently he was right. As soon as she started dating this man, she became much more bearable and mended fences with my SIL. Then she began calling to invite us to dinner as if nothing had happened. When calling to decline her past invites (we had other plans both times), she was pleasant to my DH and they were able to talk without fighting. We accepted the invite to Christmas dinner, and all went well. We are apparently pretending like nothing happened which is fine with me b/c I hate drama. It may not be the healthiest route, but my SIL already tried going to counseling with her to no avail. The therapist told my SIL that my MIL has a narcissistic personality and is unlikely to change. She suggested that moving forward without creating new conflict is probably the best any of us can hope for.

General Goals:
    1. clean fish tank
    2. clean house (this goal needs to get broken down further) STARTED

Grading Goals:
    1. x/40 AP essays
    2. x/1 colleague rec letter

Exercise Goals:
    Sun-- walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Mon-- walk gunner NOT DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Tues-- walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Wed-- walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Thurs-- walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Fri-- walk gunner (Christmas)
    Sat-- walk gunner + gym
  • zcb94
    Saturday Success: Despite enjoying a particularly rich late lunch/early dinner yesterday, I somehow managed to stay well under my calorie/macro limits. I don't think I ended up logging every morsel, but I think it'll be okay. After all, 'tis the season to be jolly, not worried about every detail of life!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    We had a wonderful day yesterday. Everyone there was old enough to participate in and enjoy the games. Some of the kids went together on a nice walnut cane for their dad. He likes it. They thought if he had to use a cane, he should have a nice one. We had a lot of snow on Wed. and Thurs. Now it is cold and sunny so we definitely had a white Christmas. The house survived the party really well, so today I will concentrate on the prep for my part of the dinner tomorrow. I hope to get time to put my feet up, too.
    Enjoy your weekend. Onward and downward. Kaye
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited December 2015
    Happy Boxing Day!

Hello All,
    Up at the cabin for a few days. I am feeling the stress dissipate as I write this. Hubby is moving out this weekend. I chose not to be there. I will deal with the consequences when I return.
    Four years ago today I weighed 297 pounds. Today I weigh 175 most days. I knew in my heart that if I allowed myself to go over 300 I would not be able to come back. These four years have brought about so very many changes.
    Thank you all for being there for me in so very many ways.

Love to all,
    Lori <3

moenilnm3rcs.jpg
  • Mindykinzkirby
    Mindykinzkirby Posts: 10 Member
    Hey yall! I have about 170 to lose to even be satisfied. I could use all the friends I can get! Please add me!!
  • Lauriek70
    Hi all, I can say I made it back to the gym and the workout felt really good. Tomorrow, I hope the weather will cooperate for a bike ride. It is suppose to reach 70 degrees and partially sunny. It will be a nice change after all the rain and clouds.

Lori- congratulations on your accomplishments.

Kaye enjoy the family celebration. I miss the large family gatherings that we use to have at my house.

Karen- glad to hear that the MIL drama has subsided and she has found someone. Sounded like a nice Christmas dinner.

Success getting back to the gym for a cardio workout.

Hope everyone has a delightful Sunday. Tomorrow I am going to breakfast with friends then a bike ride in the afternoon. It should be a nice day.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    @Skinny - that is the best and most amazing Christmas miracle story I have heard in quite a few years. Karen - I don't know how you must really feel about it yet - you knpw, like, will this gentleman catch on, or will there be a happy ending? After hearing all these years about her treachery and spitefullness, to hear about her being nice is just weird...but I am happy for your DH's family that there is peace now.

Lori - I'm so glad your'e away and healing this weekend. I was tempted to call you this Sunday but now - not so much. You need another quite day! Such a beautiful picture! Your poor legs, sorry you can't exercise for a while.

My Christmas gathering was lovely and peaceful with just one bit of excitment. My sister planned the meal for 1 pm. She called me, quite worried at 11:30, as I was about to leave with my mashed potatoes and another casserole, and said she hadn't talked to our younger brother in the last 2 days, he hadn't answered her calls - could I swing by his place? So, I headed over there - now we'd had 7 inches of snow and it went slowly. But when I got to Brian's apartment, I realized right away, that it had a security door - no way to knock on his apt. door. No - since his apt. window was close - I could see it, but drapes were closed - and since I was heavily dependent on my cane, I stood on the steps and brayed his first and last name as loud as an Donkey in a Disney movie about 6 times in a row. Quite effective - it bought out a lot of people - just not my brother but I got a chance to knock on his door and wake him up! Off we went, Brother and 2 bottles of Asti now in tow. It was a fine time!

Adios until tomorrow -
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Well, I'm back. Again. No weight lost, determined this time. Still using my "thin" profile photo from when I lost all that weight -- maybe I'll upload a fat one later but that will be very very depressing.

Obviously I'm a bit gloomy about all this.

I did have a lovely peaceful Christmas, in my brother's farmhouse in the Scottish borders with the beautiful view. The weather was properly awful though; wet and windy and generally dreary. But we had the whole family there -- 15 of us -- so that was very nice!

Back now.

Sunday share -- apart from the general midwinter gloom I'm well, the house is a mess; I'm doing some bits of work now (company branding and t-shirt design); my daughter's had her first term at university and is doing fine, my son's busy looking at schools for sixth form (he has to move because his current school is 11-16).

It's good to be back.
  • Nikion901
    edited December 2015
    Sunday Share ... I tried my hand this weekend at the second attempt at baking my own whole-wheat bread; another sour-dough starter no-knead bread ... and another big time flop! This time I used half all-purpose and half whole-wheat in the mixture, and a lot of the sour-dough starter ... and again I ended up with a well flavored but extremely dense and crumbly texture that just would not rise up into the image of a bread. I think the next one I bake will be a regular knead and rise instead of a no-knead to see if I have better success with that.

Nutrition and weight wise I have been 'missing in action' this whole past week (or 2) ... Monday's Check-in and the routine blood-work on Thursday will tell the tale ... and will also provide the foundation for my 2016 goals. I haven't been eating lots of candy and baked goods .. oh no! For me, the downfall is pepperoni or salami and dried fruit, and of course, bread. But, except for today's bread, those items are now a memory.

That strong affection I have for bread is what is driving me to create the perfect "Niki loaf" ... I consume a pound loaf of bread a week if I have some every day but can make it last for two weeks when I am watching my carb intake. I want a loaf that is light and airy with a firm crunchy crust that slices easily and makes both a good accompaniment to my soup but also a good base for left overs to make bread pudding or french toast, or bread crumbs :) And it has to have no additives, only the simple ingredients that go into building it.
    Follow-through
    Niki
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    @niki-- my husband used to often bake his own bread, but hasn't in quite awhile. I, of course, have no baking knowledge or tips to share.

@alison-- welcome back!!! I actually have been thinking of you recently with all the news about the flooding in Northern England. Glad you aren't experiencing that in London. I have also experienced a bit of weight gain over the past few months and am just trying to get through these holidays without making it worse. The box of pixies and tin of cookies on the dining room table are not aiding me in this endeavor. :(

@robin-- oh how I hope there's a happy ending b/c I don't think any of could handle her going back to her unhappy self. The gentleman seems to "get" her personality though I'm sure he doesn't know the extent of her craziness--if they work out, perhaps he never will have to see that side of her. I'm glad everything was okay with your brother and that you got to enjoy the holiday with your siblings.

@laurie-- hope you got that bike ride today. The colder weather seems to have settled in here.

Sunday Share:
    Another day of no gym visit. I stayed up way too late last night reading Mockingjay and, consequently, slept too late to get there before I had to meet a friend to watch football and grade. I'm also a bit over calories but at least stayed under maintenance even though I indulged in a couple of yummy pints of hard cider and more holiday treats. I really need them to just be gone!

General Goals:
    1. clean fish tank DONE
    2. clean floors and vacuum DONE
    3. clear dining table
    4. wash bedding

Grading Goals:
    3. 5/40 AP essays
    4. x/1 colleague rec letter

Exercise Goals:
    Sun-- rest day
    Mon-- walk gunner
    Tues-- walk gunner + gym
    Wed-- walk gunner + gym
    Thurs-- walk gunner
    Fri-- walk gunner + gym
    Sat-- walk gunner + gym
  • zcb94
    Sunday Sharing: not much new to say about my life, but I am bored out of my gourd. Augh!
  • Lauriek70
    Karen- I did get my bike ride in yesterday. I rode around my neighborhood instead of heading up to the trail but it was a good ride. I am using it as a way to get use to riding on the street versus a trail. I hope you are able to get to the gym today. I must say it felt good to exercise this weekend, my body really missed it. Enjoy the week off.

Allison-Welcome back.

Kelley- Hope you are were not affected by the tornado's and other weather in TX and the Dallas area.

Mindy- Hope you come back here often and check in. Many of the regulars don't spend much time on the newsfeed but we provide support on this thread.

Today- I am trying to decide if I want to go the Military Bowl parade this morning or run around and do some shopping. I just need to plan my trip around the game. I thought about the game but the weather is not the best, cloudy and damp with a chance of rain. The rain comes in tonight until tomorrow morning.

Plan for the week
    Monday- gym with trainer
    Tuesday- gym
    Wednesday- gym or pool, climb
    Thursday- gym or outside exercise
    Friday- outside or rest
    SAturday- gym
    Sunday- Gym

Have a great week.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited December 2015
    Good Morning.

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas holiday. Mine was nice and quiet, which is what I needed. :smile:

I’m sure everyone has heard of the crazy weather Texas had on Saturday night. Violent tornadoes. Zoe and I spent most of the night huddled in the downstairs bathroom listening to the tornado sirens—several hours of unpredictable weather. :worried: The one that touched down a few miles from my house was an EF4 and traveled 13 miles before breaking apart, it was really wide so pretty much took out everything in its path. So much devastation, lives lost, houses lost and pets missing. Another one the next town over was an EF3, startling a lot of people traveling on the highway. So scary. At last count there were 8 tornadoes, they are still surveying the damage in other areas so more could be added--11 fatalities across two counties. We’re used to violent spring storms, but never in December—the high was 82 degrees with 100% humidity, so perfect conditions for violent storms to pop-up. It was a strange weather event across Texas—west Texas got hit with blizzard conditions, some got sleet/ice, we got hit with tremendous thunderstorms/tornadoes, and some just got rain. Thunderstorms continued through the entire day yesterday, the temps dipped last night so areas west of me were getting dumped on with snow this morning! :astonished: I think Texas just had all four-seasons in 24 hours.

@Niki~ Are you following some kind of recipe for your “no-knead” bread? What are you using as a yeast agent? Are you allowing it to proof or are you using self-rising flour?

@Karen~ Talk about Christmas miracles. :wink: I’m glad to hear that your MIL has found someone and that your Christmas with her was drama-free, compared to previous years. I hope relationships remain peaceful.

@Alison~ Welcome back, so glad to see you posting.

@Laurie~ Luckily, my house was spared—lots of debris but luckily no tornado touch-down in my immediate neighborhood.

AFM~Honestly, not much to report. I saw my orthopedic surgeon on Thursday for follow-up, not much has changed—still in boot until at least the end of January (when I see him again). As always, he told me to remain patient; that it will be a good 6-9 months before I’m 100% and allowed to return to my regular workout routine. I can tell it’s getting stronger, but still have pain/swelling and sensitivity—baby steps. Working today thru Wednesday, scheduled for a half-day on NYE but may take the entire day off—haven’t decided yet, will depend on work-load I think.
  • Nikion901
    Monday Check-in ... came in at the same weight this week as last week. So ... it's a bust for having gotten back to my low weight from the the beginning of the year before I gained 10 pounds in March. ... aw shucks and by golly Niki; quit your tooling around and get serious, why don't ya!

@kah68 ... It's so good that you and Zoe came through that horrible weather! I have a couple of friends in Teas. The one in the Dallas area stated their house got torn up pretty badly. And believe this ... during the storm someone stole everything out of her car!

Yes, I am following a recipe. My yeast agent is a sour-dough starter that I've been growing from some I got from a friend who makes this type of bread every week.

@skinnyjeanzbound ... Is that the Mokingjay from the War Games trilogy? I loved those books but have only seen one of the films.

No more personals tonight ... sorry.
    Follow-through
    Niki
  • moocow927
    moocow927 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello everyone! My name is Laura and I am new to my fitness pal I would love support in my weight loss journey and to support others. I don't know how to friend request yet but feel free to friend me. Can't wait to get started!