Unexpected results of weight loss

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    joinn68 wrote: »
    After debating for weeks whether or not to go to the store and see if I'd finally made it into sz 14 jeans ( as my 16's are pretty loose, but not so loose that I thought it could warrant a trip and potential frustration in the dressing room,) I decided, why not. I wanted to be into 14's by the end of new years and I am! Then I stopped a baby from being abducted. The most unexpected result of weight loss as I will ever remember/ experience in my life. I hope!
    ( From what I understand, the baby is okay and the men were being looked for in connection to another case...)

This is certainly a memorable experience! So... you couldn't have stopped them before you lost weight? :o

Probably a confidence issue.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    aylajane wrote: »
    I lost a shoe size!!

I've gone through weight loss phases. I lost 2stone in 3month last year, then lost motivation to keep going, but kept the weight off. Now two weeks ago I started again and tomorrow is my weigh in day, but it's looking like I've lost 6lb in two weeks. And since last year I've lost s shoe size and now fit into a smaller size.

I guess feet can also lose weight lol

Of course they can! I went from pudgy swollen looking ankles and normal-ish feet to bony ankles and when I wriggle my toes, I can see all the bones and ligaments working under the skin.

My feet have dropped a shoe size as well. Although I already had a narrow foot, so now it's just even harder to find a women's shoe in a narrow size EU43 :(

For everyone who is excited about their feet getting smaller... not to be a downer, but dont throw out your old shoes just yet :) I dont think its just me, but when I got pregnant 20 years ago I gained a whole shoe size. When I lost a lot of weight 10 years later, I lost 0.5 shoe size. When I gained more weight back over the following few years, they stayed the same. When I lost a lot of weight again (to my smallest ever), I lost another whole shoe size. Since then, I am still the same weight and basic size, but I started wearing barefoot/minimalist shoes... My feet went back up 0.5 size! I guess from flattening out and elongating some (totally worth it though - 40 years of knee pain gone from the shoes!). Then I started running and oh goodness - up another 0.5 size!

So I have gone from 9, to 10, to 9.5, to 9, to 8.5, to 9.0, to 9.5 and now back to 10! That was the highest shoe size ever and I wore it at my heaviest weight.. I am still the lightest I have ever been!

So I learned my lesson - shoes are expensive, and even though I had to buy all new shoes in the last few months, I just put the old ones in a bag in storage since I dont have any clue what might make them shrink back up again!

Sorry, didn't mean it would happen to everyone, just that it can happen for some people.

Another unexpected thing for me would be my glasses falling off my nose all the time. Even after getting them adjusted, my face just isn't wide enough to hold them in place any more.
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    edited December 2015
    Yikes! I can see how it might sound that way. And before this becomes a discussion about butterfly effects et all. I was just thinking on the way home, that if I hadn't wanted to test my goal for the end of the year I would not have been there at all. I thought about this thread and thought I'd share... So in that respect it was an unexpected side effect of losing weight. I would have done the same fatter or thinner. (I'm no where near goal yet.) But for tonight, the whole reason I was there was because I had lost weight. I hope that make better sense. Sorry for not expressing myself better.

Actually I thought at first "if you hadn't needed and wanted to go to the store..." So it was really the way you meant for it to be read. I just had to ask to clarify. No running involved; no jumping over fences or anything like that :smiley: Right place/right time because you lost weight .
  • brit_blm
    brit_blm Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2015
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    I am sure someone has mentioned this and I don't mean to be crude... but when I lost 150 pounds the sex was A-MA-ZING! Maybe others have had different results due to a different body feel, but for me it was one of the best things I never really thought about.

Now to get back to that same state...
  • dzmikki
    dzmikki Posts: 254 Member
    This was a great read.
  • Minicakes4814
    Minicakes4814 Posts: 6 Member
    ewhip17 wrote: »
    I discovered that I really like clothes. I mean.... REALLY like clothes... My wife gave me the stink eye the other day when yet another box showed up from the UPS truck. There were no words to describe the loathing I had for clothes and shopping at 318lbs. It's a really interesting change.

Awesome, I got a chuckle
  • Minicakes4814
    My ex-husband checking out my *kitten* :D

Fricking Awesome, LOL
  • Minicakes4814
    This one made me cry. When my husband of 18 years picked me up for the first time. I'll never forget it. : )

Awwww, sweet
  • jokoh92
    jokoh92 Posts: 112 Member
    edited December 2015
    Looking almost ten years younger....

When I was a teen and huge, I used to get asked if I was my baby sister's mother.

But recently when I was at my sister's high school for freshmen registration the principal thought I was registering as well. I mean its a really good plus since in ten years, I will be thirty something looking like a twenty year old and so on (hopefully) but when it comes time for going out to bars and clubs, its going to be annoying lol

although it could also be that this generation looks ten years older than previous generations as well but I would like to think the former lol
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    joinn68 wrote: »
    Yikes! I can see how it might sound that way. And before this becomes a discussion about butterfly effects et all. I was just thinking on the way home, that if I hadn't wanted to test my goal for the end of the year I would not have been there at all. I thought about this thread and thought I'd share... So in that respect it was an unexpected side effect of losing weight. I would have done the same fatter or thinner. (I'm no where near goal yet.) But for tonight, the whole reason I was there was because I had lost weight. I hope that make better sense. Sorry for not expressing myself better.

Actually I thought at first "if you hadn't needed and wanted to go to the store..." So it was really the way you meant for it to be read. I just had to ask to clarify. No running involved; no jumping over fences or anything like that :smiley: Right place/right time because you lost weight.

lol, right. I had my kids with me, I was being as covert as possible. Though when I was a kid I always imagined saving people doing flying kicks and single punch smack downs, reality was way different. lol

• bsbprincess
    bsbprincess Posts: 161 Member
    I love this thread! I find these little fun unexpected changes very inspiring!

Especially those of you saying you're always cold now. I have spent my whole life overweight and I'm a very warm person. Also flush like crazy so easily. I hope when I get to a healthy place I won't be so warm all the time!
  • marise51
    marise51 Posts: 65 Member
    Very inspiring for me..thank you
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    though I always claimed I was pretty hot-blooded, now my hands are FREEZING even in leather gloves with whatever the fluff to keep you warm inside them is called.

turns out I was not hot-blooded, but just FAT o:)
  • deebol
    deebol Posts: 24 Member
    I love this post - this is motivation 101!
  • srujana_kanneganti
    srujana_kanneganti Posts: 63 Member
    edited January 2016
    Sharper jawline.

I've always wanted a nicer jaw line--I notice it now in photos. And I guess I take a lot more selfies now. :*

I also remember how proud/weird I felt once I hit "single digit" sizes. I started at a size 16 (5'7", 180lb) and am now a 6-8 (135lb). It's a bit surreal.
  • Brilliant thread guys xx
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    The sex is so much better!!!!! I'm more flexible and I don't feel like I'm being suffocated by my massive fat gut.

My feet are getting all boney.
    My bum bones hurt when I sit for too long.
    My nose looks bigger.
    I have collar bones!!!!
    I have hip bones!!!!
    I curl up in weird human pretzel shapes on the couch now as well.

I have way more confidence. I've only lost 10kgs and I've still got heaps to go. I'm so excited to see what else is coming my way
  • amandapierce0515
    amandapierce0515 Posts: 67 Member
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Good: No more chafing legs. Bad: Loose skin.

For my rings I bought this stuff from a jeweler online, it's kind of like thinner rubber cement in a tiny applicator tube. You clean the ring with alcohol then apply it in a layer on the inside of the ring, wait at least 24 hours, then wear the ring. Lasts a long time, works great, now I don't have to try and come up with money to get my wedding ring resized!

What is it called? My rings are all falling off!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!