MFP New Years Resolutions (the lighter side)

Options

Replies

• grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I resolve to never ever open the "I am the woman in the freeweights section of the gym" thread again so long as we both do live (i.e., me login to MPF, it having people actively posting to it).

JFC.

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I...

Tincan

I don't think I know you anymore
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Gah. Regimen/regiment.

And regime.

Every time someone says "exercise regime" I think of Kim Jong Il wearing sweatbands.

g1361342060628751274.jpg
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I...

Tincan

I've already started growing another one.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I resolve to speak
    For posts such as these and more
    Only in haiku
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I won't cringe when I see someone use "advise" instead of "advice". No wait it happens so often, that I consider cringing via this; to be an exercise. That's a positive thing, so why would I resolve; not to exercise?

Okay I won't consider the cringing I do, from those that use "dose" instead of "does" exercise because that doesn't happen enough.

Just don't screw up your face while cringing. It will stay that way. :s

Effect/affect, do/due, then/than. To add to your exercise routine. Careful you don't get bulky. That is going to be a lot of exercise.

Cheers, h.

would of/could of vs would have/could have

@Carlos_451 and @middlehaitch, so if I would have written with typos the both of you would of been effected that bad? Well 'scuse us internationals
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Just put your finger over the bottom part of my avi and you won't be able to tell the difference!

Dear Tincan--Why??

Honestly? Boredom.

I kinda like it...and I'm kinda freaked in equal measure

How titillating ;)

Well, I'm not going to lie. I absolutely detest it. It freaks me out and it feels weird and my kids are cryingandthewifemovedoutandit'sallbecauseIshavedmybeard!!!!!!! It's already growing out.

My Dad shaved his beard for the first time when I was about 4. Came in to kiss me good night and I completely lost my shiz. It took mum about an hour to calm me down and get me to understand the 'bad man' was daddy.

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Just put your finger over the bottom part of my avi and you won't be able to tell the difference!

Dear Tincan--Why??

Honestly? Boredom.

I kinda like it...and I'm kinda freaked in equal measure

How titillating ;)

Well, I'm not going to lie. I absolutely detest it. It freaks me out and it feels weird and my kids are cryingandthewifemovedoutandit'sallbecauseIshavedmybeard!!!!!!! It's already growing out.

My Dad shaved his beard for the first time when I was about 4. Came in to kiss me good night and I completely lost my shiz. It took mum about an hour to calm me down and get me to understand the 'bad man' was daddy.

Yeah, I made sure my daughter was there when I shaved and took frequent breaks to show her the progress to avoid that very scenario.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    joinn68 wrote: »
    I won't cringe when I see someone use "advise" instead of "advice". No wait it happens so often, that I consider cringing via this; to be an exercise. That's a positive thing, so why would I resolve; not to exercise?

Okay I won't consider the cringing I do, from those that use "dose" instead of "does" exercise because that doesn't happen enough.

Effect/affect, do/due, then/than. To add to your exercise routine. Careful you don't get bulky. That is going to be a lot of exercise.

Cheers, h.

@Carlos_451 and @middlehaitch, so if I would have written with typos the both of you would of been effected that bad? Well 'scuse us internationals

3476997-hulk.gif
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Orphia wrote: »
    I will probably still think less of people if they reply to an OP without reading the other replies.

Sorry, not sorry.

I'm sure your opinion of me must be in the gutter then @Orphia :bigsmile: because almost the only fun I now get out of foruming on MFP is thread bingo

read OP
    answer
    read up and see who I've agreed with, disagreed with and unconsciously insulted

since we are now devoid of any form of personality I must get my jollies somewhere

bitternotbitter

@rabbitjb That just shows how awesome you are, because I've never noticed that.

You always seem to come along and sum up the whole discussion perfectly as if you've read every post.

I really should resolve to stop being such a rabbitjb fangirl. It's only the fact that you believe in acupuncture that stops me from creating my own rabbitjb altar to worship at. :smiley:

You think I'm awesome (sung to the tune of Sandra Bullock in Miss Congeniality)

Right back at you :)

But seriously...acupuncture is a real thing

Have you never seen the surgery clips?

Warning ...shows real surgery

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6ThmAqf--t8

@rabbitjb

See http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116686

I like this bit in particular. "It's not quite so much that Chinese patients feared death if they cried out, but much more that ingrained culture prevented them from insulting the surgeon by doing so."

xoo

I second the recommendation to read Simon Singh's "Trick or Treatment". It has a great history of the scientific method as a preview to its discussion of alternative medicine.
  • Josh_lol
    Josh_lol Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I will finish a 10k run in under an hour :)
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    After doing this ie: weight loss and then maintaining for 3 years, I promise to act my age and not buy into unrealistic promises of the latest style of eating.

Late 2015 saw me turn into a frantic, frenzied and confused 'newbie'....when I should have known better.

I vow to ask for advice sooner from those much wiser than me.

Hurry before they're all gone.
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options

Cheers, h.

3476997-hulk.gif

That's violent! I read a "well wrote" somewhere in the posts today and I thought about you. lol
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I...

Tincan

I've already started growing another one.

*sighs in relief*
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options

Cheers, h.

3476997-hulk.gif

That's violent! I read a "well wrote" somewhere in the posts today and I thought about you. lol

Haha! It actually doesn't bother me so much as I just like to joke around about it. I do shake my head in disbelief sometimes and think "Man, people are bad at this."

Well wrote is a doozy. It's also ironic.
  • galabrielle98
    galabrielle98 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    This thread made my day brighter!

I resolve to not have the urge to bash someone's head against a wall when I see posts like: "1200 calories is too much for me." Well, if you feel that way then why are you overweight? * takes deep breath to prevent assault and battery on poor plant on desk*
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Gah. Regimen/regiment.

And regime.

Every time someone says "exercise regime" I think of Kim Jong Il wearing sweatbands.

^ is so funny!!!!!

• suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    If we are talking about spelling -
    I will never eat a donut - I will eat a doughnut.
    I will never eat yogurt - I will eat yoghurt.
    I will not see red when I see the word colour spelt color.
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    suziecue20 wrote: »

Courgette. Aubergine. Biscuits.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    suziecue20 wrote: »

Armor. Theater. Flavor.

I could go on all day :p