MFP New Years Resolutions (the lighter side)

Options

Replies

• dredremeg
    dredremeg Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I will not get annoyed when someone says they can't eat 1200-1500 calories a day, unless they have a medical problem or sick. I start to wonder, how did they gain weight, hmmmmmmmmm
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    crb426 wrote: »
    I am defianetly going to loose wait by eating less calories. I hope to not go threw it alone. I can ketch up to all my MFP friends who are already loosing alot of wait.

No? ha ha ha. Sorry, I had to.

Actually, I probably could have written the OP myself because the "loose" has been really bugging me lately.

MzcwNDAzMQ
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    krdews wrote: »
    I will NOT assume that since this is the first time I've seen you at the gym and you look like you are trying to lose ALL your weight in one session on the elliptical machine that you are a new years resolution-er and in four weeks you will be a distant memory.

I will.

Me too. I did. Well, the 500 people that suddenly appeared in the park in shiny new kit, trying to run or cycle, on 2nd January. I almost want to wear a big badge saying I'm not new, I do this all the time!

Anyone brand new to running or cycling who starts now in Chicago is welcome -- most take the winter off. The gym, eh, I'm skipping for a couple of weeks.

I normally skip the gym for a few weeks this time of year but recently got the New Rules of Lifting for Women from the library so am excited about trying new things.

Yesterday, I noticed a whole bunch of couples and am curious about how long that will last.
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I will continue to resist the urge to correct people who say they "fell off" or got back on "the bandwagon."

No, no, no. You fall off the wagon when you "resume any previously stopped behavior including smoking, drug use, overeating, or any other disavowed behavior."

You "jump on" the bandwagon when you "support something that is popular."

You cannot combine the two. Can. Not.

I find myself SMH (pronounced smuhuh, in my head at least) whenever I see this, and console myself with the thought that I've gotten almost, almost, immune to loose/lose.
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I resolve to stop being a stubborn American and work a bit more in the metric system, such that I can stop skipping over all threads written in the latter because I have no idea if losing 15 kg is a big deal or not. I'll also someday remember what a stone is and better support those across the pond.

A stone is 14 pounds...I sometimes do the math and post it in the thread.

When I think of stones, I think of pebbles. 14 pounds isn't a pebble; it's a boulder (to me)!

I will never understand why Anericans use feet and inches for height, yards and miles for distance but use pounds alone for weight (these are all the British Imperial system - maybe you dropped the stones so you could call them 'American' measurements?) Anyway I find it much easier to say I'm 5ft 9 and 9 stone 2 rather than giving the numbers in inches or pounds alone
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I resolve to stop being a stubborn American and work a bit more in the metric system, such that I can stop skipping over all threads written in the latter because I have no idea if losing 15 kg is a big deal or not. I'll also someday remember what a stone is and better support those across the pond.

When I think of stones, I think of pebbles. 14 pounds isn't a pebble; it's a boulder (to me)!

I will never understand why Anericans use feet and inches for height, yards and miles for distance but use pounds alone for weight (these are all the British Imperial system - maybe you dropped the stones so you could call them 'American' measurements?) Anyway I find it much easier to say I'm 5ft 9 and 9 stone 2 rather than giving the numbers in inches or pounds alone

Beats me. I guess eventually I will remember how many inches are in one foot too, but it's like stones... it just doesn't register. Nevermind that I've been living in the US for over 13 years.

Metric system > all.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I will try not to judge 'volume eaters' as 'greedy'. I have a small appetite so its hard to relate. Sorry

As a counterpoint, I will try not to judge people who wail "I can't possibly eat 1200 calories, it's sooooo much food!" as 'disordered eaters'. I have a large appetite so it's hard to relate. #sorrynotsorry
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avoirdupois

Here you go, if you can figure it out.

I don't like stones, though, although I'm sure it's just custom. I like grams vs. oz, but like that lbs are a smaller unit than kg, and stones are just too big to make sense for me for weight.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Orphia wrote: »
    I will probably still think less of people if they reply to an OP without reading the other replies.

Sorry, not sorry.

I'm sure your opinion of me must be in the gutter then @Orphia :bigsmile: because almost the only fun I now get out of foruming on MFP is thread bingo

read OP
    answer
    read up and see who I've agreed with, disagreed with and unconsciously insulted

since we are now devoid of any form of personality I must get my jollies somewhere

bitternotbitter

@rabbitjb That just shows how awesome you are, because I've never noticed that.

You always seem to come along and sum up the whole discussion perfectly as if you've read every post.

I really should resolve to stop being such a rabbitjb fangirl. It's only the fact that you believe in acupuncture that stops me from creating my own rabbitjb altar to worship at. :smiley:
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I will probably still think less of people if they reply to an OP without reading the other replies.

Sorry, not sorry.

You, know, what's; even worse? Not reading. The whole, original post, before; jumping in and, bashing prospective, commenters.

I got. real mad the other day when; i saw that in one thread.

"The blog of unnecessary quotation marks"....I'm a communications major, English minor, and i have thought about starting a blog like that, only with horrible grammar and not just quotes.
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I resolve not to be frightened by all the people who have contributed to this thread.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I resolve not get so eye twitchy at the misinformation spouted on waist trainer threads, even by people I usually like and respect.

Excuse me while I write an essay on the differences..............
  • Vodka97
    Vodka97 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'd love to walk 365km in 365 days :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I did it again. But I swear I'll stop clicking on the 'sugar addiction' threads.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I won't cringe when I see someone use "advise" instead of "advice". No wait it happens so often, that I consider cringing via this; to be an exercise. That's a positive thing, so why would I resolve; not to exercise?

Okay I won't consider the cringing I do, from those that use "dose" instead of "does" exercise because that doesn't happen enough.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Sorry, not sorry.

I'm sure your opinion of me must be in the gutter then @Orphia :bigsmile: because almost the only fun I now get out of foruming on MFP is thread bingo

read OP
    answer
    read up and see who I've agreed with, disagreed with and unconsciously insulted

since we are now devoid of any form of personality I must get my jollies somewhere

bitternotbitter

@rabbitjb That just shows how awesome you are, because I've never noticed that.

You always seem to come along and sum up the whole discussion perfectly as if you've read every post.

I really should resolve to stop being such a rabbitjb fangirl. It's only the fact that you believe in acupuncture that stops me from creating my own rabbitjb altar to worship at. :smiley:

You think I'm awesome (sung to the tune of Sandra Bullock in Miss Congeniality)

Right back at you :)

But seriously...acupuncture is a real thing

Have you never seen the surgery clips?

Warning ...shows real surgery

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6ThmAqf--t8

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    I won't cringe when I see someone use "advise" instead of "advice". No wait it happens so often, that I consider cringing via this; to be an exercise. That's a positive thing, so why would I resolve; not to exercise?

Okay I won't consider the cringing I do, from those that use "dose" instead of "does" exercise because that doesn't happen enough.

Just don't screw up your face while cringing. It will stay that way. :s

Effect/affect, do/due, then/than. To add to your exercise routine. Careful you don't get bulky. That is going to be a lot of exercise.

Cheers, h.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options

Just don't screw up your face while cringing. It will stay that way. :s

Effect/affect, do/due, then/than. To add to your exercise routine. Careful you don't get bulky. That is going to be a lot of exercise.

Cheers, h.

would of/could of vs would have/could have
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Gah. Regimen/regiment.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Gah. Regimen/regiment.

WTF ...that better be an av of some celeb I don't recognise @tincanonastring

Otherwise you have shaken my faith in humanity...and beards