Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Saturday Success: after a few days of faithfully taking a few extremely strong medicines to combat this stupid bug, I'm happy to report that, although still tired and dealing with a nasty side effect of my antibiotic, I feel 10x better than I did before.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Today I got to take a real walk outside in the sunshine. It has been foggy and cold all week, and too slick to risk walking outside. It felt so good to be outside! After 2 falls last year, and 2 already this year, I have just decided that unless conditions are really safe, I can't risk it. That includes slick and/or dark. I have to have a good alternative for the winter weather.
    I have been using an old WW CD for my exercise, but I find it frustrating because some of the steps they use are really hard for me. I am definitely not a dancer! Even the rock step confuses me. I ordered Leslie Sansone walking CD today. I have used her on Youtube in the past and liked it. I am excited for the CD to come. It has 1, 2, and 3 mile walks. It will work better for me because I can do the 3 mile walk. With the WW CD I had to stay at the beginner level because I was confused by the steps.
    Congratulations to those who are seeing the scale go down! As I get my head around this again, I know that my scale will begin to go down as well.
    My daughter wrote a very insightful blog about the lies we tell ourselves when we are overweight. Does anyone know how to share a link to here from FB? I'd really like to share it. I think that it would be helpful to many.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @kaye-- I think if you just copy the URL, you can paste it into a post here.

@zoe-- glad you are feeling better.

@laurie-- the painting party was fun. I will take a picture of my painting and post it here tomorrow. That's great that you are meeting your goal to get exercise every day.

Friday Fitness:
    I didn't quite meet my running goals for this week, but still did okay with exercise throughout the week-- especially if you include the shoveling I did yesterday.

Saturday Success:
    I met my calorie allowance for the week, and logged every day except for Friday which I will go back and add when I get the chance. I know I was over due to some cocktails at the DH's work party. I also had that really great run earlier in the week.

Fitness Goals for the month of January:
    I will run 3x/week and at least one 5k/week. Week 1 = 2/3 runs, 1/1 5k; Week 2 = x/3 runs, x/1 5k
    I will run a 5k start to finish with no walking breaks. DONE
    I will run an 8k twice.

Nutrition Goal for January:
    Stay under calorie goal 6/7 days each week.
    Week 1 = 6/7
    Week 2 = 1/7

You vs Year Challenge:
    8k done/ 992k to go

Grading Goals:
    1. 17/40 AP essays
    2. 5/29 Scarlet Letter research papers

Exercise Goals:
    Sat-- rest day
    Sun-- walk gunner + gym
    Mon-- rest day (meeting)
    Tues-- rest day (meeting)
    Wed-- walk gunner + gym
    Thurs-- walk gunner
    Fri-- walk gunner + gym
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check-in -- I've got a cold so the party we went to last night was really no fun. And someone tripped over a table and sent a pint of cider flying all over me and my new bag, leaving me in a proper funk. At least I didn't go wild on the buffet table or with the drinks. I'm supposed to be going out tonight as well but I think I'm going to tuck myself up in blankets with soup instead.

I'm still not tracking properly, which is code for "I'm still eating a lot of snacky junk food that's harder to track than proper meals would be". I'm definitely eating a bit less though, so it's a start.

Hope you're all having a fun weekend!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Just a quick Sunday Share ... I'm struggling with a growing stronger by the second desire to takeout/order-in restaurant food .. however I am proud of myself that I closed the address book of my favorite places and went into the kitchen for some cooking ... and I made myself a bowl of 100% whole wheat thin spaghetti with mushroom/marinara sauce.

This should be a good substitute for what I was craving ... something starchy with sauce on it, and I usually have mushrooms on it! :smile: )

Hope everyones weather is not causing too much grief and missery.

Follow-through on Consistent Focus
    Niki
  • pookie01tracy
    pookie01tracy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    RobinsEgg wrote: »
    Hello Everyone!

Welcome to our discussion. We are a great community - both men and women
    - and provide excellent support and motivation for your personal weight
    loss journey.

This is not a group. This is an ongoing discussion of support and motivation and you can easily participate. There is no "joining" to do. Just post a comment! happy That's all it takes. Go to the last - most current page (600 and counting)and write a comment - whatever you feel like saying, and click the REPLY button. You will be welcomed by other people posting and hopefully you will return often. I try to send a welcoming message within a week of your first post.

After posting, you can find your way back by checking your "COMMUNITY"
    tab, then on the "MY DISCUSSIONS" listing, and all the DISCUSSIONS you
    have posted to will show up. If you click on the STAR to the right of the
    DISCUSSIONS, that selects them as your favorites. Then you can click on
    the Titles of the DISCUSSIONS and doing that will return you to the most
    current posting on the DISCUSSIONS thread.

GOALS and IDEAS for daily posts (Not mandatory)

Monday - Check In (how are you doing? Had any successes or struggles this week-end?)

Tuesday - Goals (do you have any Goals you want to update us?)

Wednesday - Wishes (what do you wish? It can be weight related or not, can be realistic or not)

Thursday - Truth (got anything you need to fess up to or get off your chest?)

Friday - Fitness (what are you doing to get fit? How are you preparing for weekend eating?

Saturday - Success (what have you accomplished; focus on the positive of the week, NSV=non scale victories)

Sunday - Sharing (tell us a little about yourself....update your personal life)

Welcome to each and every one of you as you start this journey - Robin

Hi I'm Tracey and I'm going on a healthy weight loss journey for 2016....
  • Nikion901
    Options
    RobinsEgg wrote: »
    Hello Everyone!

After posting, you can find your way back by checking your "COMMUNITY"
    tab, then on the "MY DISCUSSIONS" listing, and all the DISCUSSIONS you
    have posted to will show up. If you click on the STAR to the right of the
    DISCUSSIONS, that selects them as your favorites. Then you can click on
    the Titles of the DISCUSSIONS and doing that will return you to the most
    current posting on the DISCUSSIONS thread.

Hi I'm Tracey and I'm going on a healthy weight loss journey for 2016....

Tracy ... welcome ... and wanted to make a quick correction to the informatin for bookmarking this thread ... it only appears under 'My discussions' for the person who started the thread, not anyone else.

The best way to bookmark it is to click on the star either on the line in the discussions page or at the top of the page once you are on the the thread. You can then click on the star amongst the three icons at the top to return to the thread on the page where you left off.

Good luck.
    Follow-through on Consistent Focus
  • LC_libra
    LC_libra Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone, I'm just getting started and looking for support. I have a long way to go and that's kind of daunting. I have a lot to get in shape for; more energy for baby #1, want to be in great shape for the possibility of baby #2, going to 2 weddings, and moving if all goes well.

Looking forward to getting to know you!
  • zcb94
    Options
    Sunday Sharing: I'm so tired lately due to this stinking bug! All of my loved ones and closest friends have it too. For the most part, all I want to do is curl up in the fetal position and crash, though I know that's not healthy!
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Sunday share- I am Laurie and 45 years old. I started this journey 5 years when I weighed 268 pounds. During the first year I lost most of the weight and reached 200 and slightly below that over the next couple of years. This journey has been a very long learning process. There have been ups and down, long periods of no change.
    During this time, I have learned how to lose weight but more importantly I have learned to keep it off and maintain the loss. Currently, I am at 194lbs.

It really is about calories in versus calories out.
    Exercise builds endurance
    Exercise is a great way to reduce stress
    A high protein diet is not the answer for everyone, but it is learning how to balance carbs, proteins and fats to meet the needs of your body.
    Daily monitoring of my weight has helped me to learn the patterns that my body goes through during the month. Knowing that pattern, helps to make it easier to understand a overnight gain of 3 pounds after a weight training workout or one that focused on building muscles. It also can explain how your body changes to your normal cycle. It is a great way to learn when you need to focus on losing weight again or just maintaining for a short time.

Just get moving everyday and it will make a difference and you will build endurance that will make moving easier.

The challenge has always been getting started exercising. I am learning that once I get started moving then I can and will keep going.

The most important thing I have learned is that you must want to lose the weight for yourself and no one else. You need to discover what works for you and figure out what you are you willing to do. Stick with it even if you have a bad day. You can always get yourself back on track. It will be a lesson learned and one day will not derail your entire effort.

This is a journey that will have it's ups and down, it is not easy but a challenge that we can successful accomplish with determination and confidence. Along the way you will discover things about yourself that you never thought possible. Soar to new heights and accomplish new things. When I started this journey I never dreamed of climbing a rock wall, hiking through the woods, completing a 5K run much less a 10K and doing a triathlon. Now, I can successfully say that I have done all those and have a greater sense of self confidence.

If you believe you can then you will.

These are just a few of my observations from the past 5 years.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just a quick check-in tonight. I spent all day grading those research papers and need to get to school early to make some copies before first hour.

@niki-- good for you for resisting the take out. My DH made the decision to pick of fast food yesterday, but at least I only ate half the gyro for dinner last night (ate the other half for breakfast today).

@alison & zoe-- sending healthy vibes in your directions. Fell better!

AFM-- I had too many social activities this weekend considering it's finals week. However, I should have time to do a proper Sunday Share later in the week. Took a break from grading to hit the gym today, but no walk for gunner. If you haven't heard, Chicago is in a deep freeze.

Welcome to the new folks!

Fitness Goals for the month of January:
    I will run 3x/week and at least one 5k/week. Week 1 = 2/3 runs, 1/1 5k; Week 2 = 1/3 runs, x/1 5k
    I will run a 5k start to finish with no walking breaks. DONE
    I will run an 8k twice.

Nutrition Goal for January:
    Stay under calorie goal 6/7 days each week.
    Week 1 = 6/7
    Week 2 = 2/7

You vs Year Challenge:
    8k done/ 992k to go

Grading Goals:
    1. 17/40 AP essays
    2. 29/29 Scarlet Letter research papers DONE
    3. x/10 AP analysis activities
    4. x/30 AP journal reflections

Exercise Goals:
    Sat-- rest day
    Sun-- walk gunner NOT DONE + gym DONE
    Mon-- rest day (meeting)
    Tues-- rest day (meeting)
    Wed-- walk gunner + gym
    Thurs-- walk gunner
    Fri-- walk gunner + gym
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!!! I hope everyone had a good weekend. I think winter has finally hit many of us. It was COLD for us in the south. Luckily, we don’t normally get the white stuff, but temps were very chilly. Overall, I had a good weekend. Eating was OK for the most part. I just didn’t log so I need to get back in the habit of logging over the weekend as well.

I met a guy friend on Saturday. We cooked dinner together at his place and watched a movie so it was a nice evening. He’s becoming a good friend. I don’t think I see him as a long term partner, but definitely a nice guy friend to do things with. I do have another friend that is heading in a really good direction. We’re trying to take things slow, but we both have the same direction for the future. We’re just enjoying each other’s company and continue to spend time together to see where it leads. Fun, fun!!

@jtconst – Tammy, yikes on the computer! I know we can’t get away from technology, but sometimes I would just like to have NONE of it. You’ll be back on track before you know it. I’ve been doing the same thing and bouncing back and forth, but trying to finally lose the 10 and keep going. We’ve got this!

@becky – We definitely have a lot in common. I use to try and push the exercise too, but I’ve realized I try to change too much at one time. Baby steps. I’m eating right again and logging my food (for the most part). I know I need to start the exercise, but not going to kill myself or be upset if I don’t get in a full hour work out.

@Grace – 3 #’s is awesome! You go girl!!

@Laurie – I’ve been seeing the walkers out there all bundled up. I need to bundle up and just get my butt moving. No more excuses. Great job doing something every day this month, which is awesome!

@zcb94 – So glad you’re feeling better. Hope this week is even better to recovery.

@grandma – I’ve also heard good things about the Leslie Sansone CD’s. I was thinking about ordering as well so when weather doesn’t permit being outside I can still use them – NO excuses!!

@Bohemian – Pint of cider? Sticky and stinky. Not a lovely night for you. Proper funk is understandable.
  • zcb94
    Options
    Monday Check-In: sadly, pretty much the same as my Sunday Share, especially the bolded part:
    zcb94 wrote: »
    Sunday Sharing: I'm so tired lately due to this stinking bug! All of my loved ones and closest friends have it too. For the most part, all I want to do is curl up in the fetal position and crash, though I know that's not healthy!
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Good Morning. Just a quick check-in as it’s another busy week, auditors this week and next. Sad that David Bowie lost his battle with lung cancer yesterday, he was legendary--the radio station I listen to has been playing tribute to him all morning, good stuff!

@Kaye~ I used those Leslie Sansone walking videos exclusively when I first started on a weight loss program, great way to get those miles in.

@Karen~ Painting party sounds like fun, I went to one of those a couple of years ago—fun times! :smile: I don’t blame gunner one bit for wanting to stay out of that cold Chicago air! :wink:

@Susan~ We were chilly this weekend too, luckily that white stuff is seldom! Sounds like you had a fun weekend.

@Grace~ Congrats on your 3# loss, great job! :star:

@Tammy~ Ugh, I hate computer problems! I’ve had my laptop repaired twice in the last year; I hope it survives through the grad class I’m taking this semester. I really need a new one but want a Mac and this class requires a Windows PC, so am hesitant to buy anything yet.

AFM~I don’t know what happened to the weekend, it just flew by. Saturday was busy with a lot of running around and then my parents came by yesterday. Need to get myself organized and on a schedule as my grad class starts today—need to get my brain in learning mode again! :wink: And it’s a busy week—appointment at the spa at the gym after work, then need to get by campus for my books, then Thursday I have meeting at Church. Finally, on Saturday, I have a hair appointment for cut/color--I'm way overdue! :smiley: I know its bad when my mom asked me yesterday if I had a hair appointment anytime soon. :lol:

I'm learning to embrace my new electric pressure cooker, made hard boiled eggs in it on Saturday in 8 minutes. Then yesterday made a chicken taco chili using the slow cooker function. Love this thing so far! :heart:

Have a great week, will check in again when I can.
  • LC_libra
    LC_libra Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My weekend was good as far as eating within my numbers. I'm starting to feel trapped indoors with all the freezing temperatures. My biggest struggle is exercise. Unless you count carrying my 25 lb toddler and groceries up and down the stairs I'm not walking much. I have a neglected gym membership. It might be time to get off my butt and go tonight. I don't know why it's so hard to get started!
  • Nikion901
    Options
    LC_libra wrote: »
    I don't know why it's so hard to get started!

My thoughts, exactly!
  • Karendeez21
    Karendeez21 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello Karen here.. First time really committing to getting this started. Just had my son in September and still the same weight from the day he was born :-( Motivation and support would be wonderful.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Yes it is hard to get start but once you do you will keep going. Newton's first law of motion comes into play with humans as well as objects: an object in motion stays in motion, and object at rest stays at rest unless acted upon by another force. Once you start moving your body will adjust and eventually you will keep going for longer and longer periods of time.

A good exercise night. I am bummed since the person at the gym who has been putting up new routes on the rock wall quit. He was told that he could not put up any more new routes. I really liked his routes and will miss them when they are gone. I am sure when the other guy returns the routes will be gone. Nick was only temporary but he made a huge impact and climbing was fun at my gym again.

Have a great day.
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi @karendeez_21 and all the other new folks (and another Tracey, woo hoo!). My name is Tracy, I live in the Austin TX area, and my ultimate goal is to lose a total of 110 lbs (or around there). I've lost 44 lbs so far. My short term goal is to lose 18 lbs by Memorial Day. My other goals for this year:

1) Walk every work day (M‐F) 2X @10 minutes each, either inside or outside the building, weather permitting.
    2) Work out at lunch (30 min lunch) at least 3X during the workweek at the Omni Hotel gym.
    3) Work out at least 1x on the weekends, walking at least a couple of miles. I have been very consistent in
    2015 just sitting on my butt at home all weekend, and that's not going to work if I want to meet my goals
    for 2016.
    4) Log my food, ALL of it, even the late night snacks, every single day. Log it as I eat it so I don't forget anything.
    And stay within 200 calories of my basic allowance, and make at least an extra 200 burn over that.
    5) Complete the 30‐day squat challenge by May, the 30 day plank challenge by my birthday in July, and
    couch‐2‐5k by Thanksgiving (I want to participate in the annual Schlotzsky's Bun Run in 2016).
    6) Start a weight training regimen to strengthen my body, improve my posture, and tone my muscles.

So far, week one of January has been fairly successful.
    I logged every day, even most of the late night snacking (I will do better at this!)
    I walked every day at work, but not 2x a day.
    I only worked out at Omni 2x.
    I walked for 25 minutes in 36 degree weather (with an icy hard wind, unusually cold for my area) on Saturday, which I am really proud of because I am usually a really really big veg on weekends.

So, not bad, but lots of room for improvement.

I will probably start the squat challenge next month, and I want to start some sort of weight/strength training program, even if it's only with cans at home. And I need to continue stretching so the muscles in my arm and neck loosen up. Boy, was I hurting this weekend!

Glad to see so many people back with the new year!

"Stay strong and keep moving on".
  • massey987
    massey987 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Today I was 393. -8 from last week.