You Know When You're in the MFP "Zone" When...

Options

Replies

• Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    flatlndr wrote: »
    Soopatt wrote: »
    You get irrationally annoyed if someone steals a morsel off your plate or some of the grated cheese you have carefully set aside. I already weighed that!!!! It's MINE!!!!!

Me too! I.need.help!

Ditto. My toddler likes to "share". Meaning that I end up giving her some of MY calories . . . and yes, I do resent it, until she gives me her very cheeky grin :smile:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    When you go pick up the wrapper of your yogurt from the trash because apparently nobody's entered the nutrition information for it on MFP yet...
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    When you can't believe you threw out the #%$&ing box with the nutrition label, and the pudding baggie is just sitting there by itself in the cupboard. I mean who the hell does that?!?

When you're seriously considering buying office supplies for your portioning and logging. Labels, that cute stapler that I lost is making a come back, pens/sharpies and more

• MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    When you not only weigh the dish before you eat but also the utensil & both after as well, so that you don't count; the residue left on them because you didn't actually consume them.
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    You wake up and feel like death and want nothing bit to sleep all day but, manage to walk to your dresser grab a kind bar and log it before nodding back off
  • Francl27
    Options
    When you dump all your soup on your food scale and it dies and you have to go out to the store for the 4th time today to get a new one...
  • Francl27
    Options
    k80flec wrote: »
    Charging your FitBit becomes a fraught affair, as you need to ensure that it is done at a time where you are as inactive as possible, so you don't miss any activity, but you don't want to do it overnight because you're fascinated by the sleep tracking.

0leddpenvqgt.jpeg

:D
  • catherj
    catherj Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    When I lick the yogurt off the pull off foil lid.

Those are my calories and if I have to log them...I'm going to eat every last one of them.

This!
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Sharon_C wrote: »
    Anybody ever done this one? My old pedometer is out of commission / don't have a fitbit, so on day 1 of walking I took the car on that exact route to get my mileage... I began to go a bit further and I counted each step in my head! (hey 100 steps is 100 steps!) Now I'm mainly just timing it & not worried about distance. Kinda feel like I'm from the dark ages without all the awesome tools available, but it's still science! LOL

My husband runs and doesn't always trust his tracker. I can't tell you how many times I had to drive his run so he could figure out the correct mileage.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    joinn68 wrote: »
    And the winner of most extreme MFPal is!! Actually it's a toss up between you two :smiley:
    flatlndr wrote: »
    One morning I had my fitbit on the charger downstairs, and went upstairs without it. That evening, I asked my wife to walk up the stairs with my fitbit so I could get the credit back. She did it, but the look she gave me said a) "you are a lunatic" and b) "just this once".
    When you not only weigh the dish before you eat but also the utensil & both after as well, so that you don't count; the residue left on them because you didn't actually consume them.

Woo-hoo!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    When you tell your kids to get their own food, cuz you've already weighed yours out. hehe
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    Charging your FitBit becomes a fraught affair, as you need to ensure that it is done at a time where you are as inactive as possible, so you don't miss any activity, but you don't want to do it overnight because you're fascinated by the sleep tracking.

I read this post yesterday, realized that I'd not yet had to charge my FB, switched over to email, and saw I'd just received a message saying it needed to be charged. So I put it on the charger and took a nap.
  • robingmurphy
    robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    When you sometimes select your meal because it's something you ate recently or eat frequently and therefore it's in "Recent' or "Frequent" foods and is easy to enter.
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    When you are about to go to bed, but you notice one of your Fitbit friends has just passed you, so you pace about the house until you are tops of the leader board again.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    When you drop a piece of cheese in the dirt and you contemplate eating it because you already added it to your diary and cheese calories are precious!
  • lippicker3000
    lippicker3000 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    (I spend every other week at my boyfriends house) packing my own scale when I go stay at boy friends house and set it next to his. An ounce more or less means the world to me.
  • Dreven1989
    Dreven1989 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    When people think your hobby is taking pictures of bar codes.