The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Her reaction is exactly how my reaction is...outside of work. Granted, I do look like this at work (except for the uniform) but my job isn't the same. My job is to seem inviting and receptive and in all of the years I've looked like this in jobs like this, I've gotten nothing but compliments about my professionalism, etc but in a job like that....I understand the need to look "normal".

I kind of wish I could look like Stef Sanjati:

ni8wpl9vhrth.jpg

But in a police uniform. WHY CAN'T THIS BE ALLOWED?! We're in the greater Austin, TX area! LET US BE WEIRD! :lol:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    No shizz! Austin prides itself on weird!

Wow. I haven't seen a pic of Stef in awhile. Very pretty! I hope to shout that is filtered to hell though...that skin is wowzers.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    My job is pretty flexible when it comes to attire. It's one of the perks of working here. I can come into work wearing gym clothes and no one cares, which I like since then I am more motivated to just go straight to the gym in the morning after work instead of needing to go home first to change.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    No shizz! Austin prides itself on weird!

Wow. I haven't seen a pic of Stef in awhile. Very pretty! I hope to shout that is filtered to hell though...that skin is wowzers.

I'm sure it is. However, she is on estrogen now and in her videos on YouTube her skin looks PHENOMENAL!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I don't go crazy with my make-up at. all. No one ever taught me how so I taught myself. If I do wear make-up, it's usually pretty conservative. I've pretty strong features (imo) so I usually make my eyes pop and no lip stick. I hardly every wear lipstick and that's from not having a d@mn clue what looks good on me anyways. So yay chapstick!!

When I did wear it to work, I'd wear foundation, some brown eyeliner, a neutral eyeshadow, and some mascara. I don't wear it now bc my department is so small and I work nights. No brass ever sees me. When I work OT and it's a dayshift, I'll wear some, usually to just not look like a zombie.

I think as long as your make-up doesn't distract people from your uniform, you should be good to go.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    I live near an military arsenal which is situated on an island in the Mississippi. I just heard on the news that IL IDs are no longer accepted for entry to the island. Welp, I guess I can't take the kiddo to the museum now! :o You gotta be kidding me?! Now she has to miss out on the herd of taxidermied horses...
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,214 Member
    Options
    So far its been mostly really nice clients. I'm hoping the trend continues. My other Parvo dog is still holding down food with no diarrhea. :smile: I think she is going home tonight. :smile:
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    A lot of the time I just wear tons of mascara (I have pretty light eyelashes and hair) and dark purple eyeliner (I have very grey-green eyes which look greener with purple shadow or liner) and a deep rosebud colour lip pencil all over my lips - not glossy or goopy or shiny, just a brighter 'natural pink' lip. Never had a problem with makeup/hair issues and I have had Goldwell Blueberry hair, also a very burgundy auburn colour before. But if in doubt choose one thing to 'emphasize.' If you are going with interesting hair, keep your makeup very neutral, and vice versa. It's when everything gets done to the max that there is an issue.
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    My friend on the phone telling me how spun out she is on this pre work out supplement got me like...

http://youtu.be/38_MwcGDNhQ
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I love to hear that doggies get to go home <3
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    from the "if i don't chime in soon, it'll be long enough that it'll be officially awkward" desk:

just finished reading up...and i'm totally ready to sign up for Ipsy. :)

i'm still in a bit of a football coma from the past two days. when i say i did nothing, i cannot emphasize it enough.

saturday, i had barely over a hundred steps on my pedometer. if i had a colostomy bag, it'd be half that.

definitely feeling the need to harvest some energy and pull myself outta whatever it is that you'd call this particular phase i seem to be in at the moment. i'll totally do that...tomorrow.

after i go home tonight and pour myself a George Dickel and Diet Dr. Pepper in one of my oversized stadium cups and watch the directors' cut of Almost Famous.

tomorrow. definitely.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    I have decided to take this venom towards my boss and use it to help get another job. I guess I'm more pissed at myself for having such a shmuck for a boss that no one respects so every time I get freaked out about the prospects of a new job...I'm going to think of how I deserve better than to be here. I put in tons of apps last night and tonight so hopefully I'll be getting some calls. I need to pick up a new wig (my last work approriate one was used for costumes!)...I'm thinking a Mia Wallace...I've always wanted that 'do in real life anyway. I also need to go to Goodwill and break my own rule of "never look for specific items" and look for tops to cover my tattoos and black skirts that actually fit. I don't wear long sleeved things normally and ol' Tusky peeks out of even my longest that I have now. This should be an interesting transformation...Hildy to job candidate...
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    FTR, I applied for whatever. A baker, a baker decorator, warehouse, Sally Beauty, admin assistants, beauty advisors. Fudge it, right?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I hope the job search goes well. Are there any other hotels looking for people?
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    FTR, I applied for whatever. A baker, a baker decorator, warehouse, Sally Beauty, admin assistants, beauty advisors. Fudge it, right?

I think you can do anything!
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Not knowing if you can stand to stay there for any longer but have you thought about maybe training in a job field that you really do want to work in, maybe do night classes, or online courses etc and then try to find a job that you will love, if the job market is anything like the UK sometimes its best gritting teeth staying with the devil you know (in your case a *kitten* of a boss) and work towards changing for something you want rather than just anything to get you out........OR.........go on a massive rampage, tell him everything you think of him, and then offer your services as a general manager or the like, tell him you'll run the place, but double your wage for it......hope you sort it......nothing worse than despising work.....
  • Frankie_Felinius
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thanks @lilaclovebird. History proves the exact opposite but I keep trying...

Hotels are definitely hiring but I want out...

And I have taken many courses/classes/college over the years but as I referenced to lilac above...I've never finished anything. Either I realize the intended career or whatever just isn't going to work for me or I can't handle the pressure once things start getting difficult and I quit. I'm so...I'm not sure of the right word...not delicate or fragile but I just cannot handle any pressure being put on me...I put so effin'much pressure on myself and I feel so much immense internal pressure that I'm theeeeeeees close to popping at any given time and so far this has caused me to fail at everything I've tried...I give up far too easily due to getting overwhelmed incredibly quickly. I told myself no more trying to go back to school or what not. I can't do it and I'm sick of being disappointed every time. It's just not in the cards for me...but thanks for the suggestion.

I just need to get out of the rut that is this job...I'm not even saying I need a "better" job....I'd be happy with a lateral move at this point...just one that maybe I'm sliiiiightly happier with or challenged by or something. Otherwise I'm just gonna stay stuck here, going nowhere and that isn't where I want to be...

• fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Another thought...based on the last bit...^... Is your boss the owner too? Or just manager?..... Either way could you put a plan together of how your current place could be improved, ran better....im sure you could improve things given the right opportunity........ Maybe keep looking for another job elsewhere while doing the plan then if you find something else that you could move to if needed then maybe take your plan to the owners with your concerns, and improvements or if he owns it tell him you are prepared to do the jobs he's not got the balls for.......get yourself a promotion / bump in pay if it works if not then you still have something else to go to.......
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I hate being in that position. I've been there, done that, got the scrub top. I sure hope something tickles your fancy soon so you go get the heck out of dodge.
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    sometimes, more than money, or schedule, or location...you just need A CHANGE.

good luck...it'll likely drop into your lap when you're least expecting it.