"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    @brandiuntz Congrats on your marathon PR!
    @ninerbuff glad to hear knee is on the mend!

Another relax day for me at home no workout. More importantly got everything ready to go for the upcoming week. Planning & getting my stuff prepped keeps me stress free & organized.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Lazy, lazy poster here... forgot all about yesterday!

I forget to log the easy exercises some days!

Saturday: Easy 3+ mile walk with the wife.

Sunday: 30 minutes, 3.57 miles, 500 calories on the elliptical. Work!

Strength: Upper body pump, but minor stuff.

I think I'm slowly turning into a cardio freak, and I'm ok with that. I might even cut a few more pounds, even at the expense of some muscle.

Food assessment: On track, but the daughter made some muffins that pushed the edges some. Steak tacos for dinner.

@brandiuntz Congrats on the PB. That always feels good.

@47Jacqueline Good to see you sneaking in a couple days of exercise into the thread!
  • ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats @brandiuntz !

Finally could get back to the gym today. I was starting to go stir crazy at home not being able to do anything. Still kept it light and will be doing so for the rest of the week.

Cardio-35 minutes on treadmill ~3mph ~8 incline

Strength- facepulls 3x10 bench- 10,7,5,4,3,2,1,1,1,1

Assessment- Yeah, I didn't pay any attention to what I ate or drank this weekend. At all. Back at it again today though.

• MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All, Congrats @brandiuntz

Strength: Bulk Back, i need to increase my weight next time doing this workout, i felt much stronger today, could be because of the late carb injection last night

Cardio: Chisel Cardio, was still part strength too, was holding 10-15 minutes dumbbells throughout the workout

Nutrition: i need to make some changes to build muscles
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! I'm back at it after a weekend of wedding preparations. Felt good this morning because I slept well last night.......LOL. It's funny how getting things done reduces stress which increases my ability to sleep. Still working around my shoulder until I know what's actually wrong with it. I'm afraid to do much rehab without knowing if it's just an impingement or rotator cuff. I'm just trying to maintain my strength, mobility and flexibility and run more!

Cardio: 7 minutes on stair master and about 10 minutes running laps around the basketball court at the gym.

Strength: 40 min circuit training including 2 sets each of 15 good morning w/25/25 lbs, 15 goblet squats w/25 lbs, 10 each physio ball single leg bridges, 20 physio ball crunches w/25 lbs, 2 min elevated leg plank, 15 decline situps w/10 lbs, 10 decline leg lifts, 20 decline scissors, 20 monkey pulls and 3.5 min stair master after each set. 80 minute strength and running w/3X7 laps around basketball court between sets. Leg press <single leg warmup 12w/130 lbs, 8 w/180 lbs, dbl leg 15w/310 lbs, 12w/400 lbs, 10w/450 lbs and 8w/470 lbs>, front squats <2X5 w/65 lbs, 2X5w/75 lbs and 1X5 w/80 lbs>, 3X20 box stepups, 3X10 cable wood chops w/27 lbs, 3X10 cable dead lifts w/47/47 lbs and 3X10 inner thigh w/100.

Assessment: Had a good weekend food wise and stuck to calorie goals. I'm just sticking with calories for now of around 1650 to 1700 and maybe a little less on non-workout days.

Have a great week everyone!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Took the weekend off.

Strength- minor stuff in a Jillian Michaels 30 day shred DVD- but had me sweating. Am taking a little break before I finish my last month of body beast.

Cardio- 20 min. stationary bike (110 cal) and 30 DS DVD (110 cal).

Assessment- trying standing cardio again to see how my foot does. My son is clearing out his room today so I can, in a few months, put a rack and barbell set up in there as I'd like to start Stronglifts.

Have 2 pounds to go to GW (120) and am adding some calories back. My daughter in law saw me working out and said I'm "hot". Nice! Especially since I'm 61!
  • ltworide
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Happy Monday all!

todays lesson: Turn awkward moments into opportunities for personal learning & development...

No strength work today.

Led a very interesting class today at work... I was covering to lead a yoga/stretch flow class. No problem I've done this before except for one minor hitch I had my coworkers regular 'yogis' mixed with the ladies who prefer my higher impact class... I panicked initially, took a couple of breathes & on a whim mixed some dynamic warmup stretches with low impact bodyweight exercises followed by a very basic yoga flow consisting of sun salutations, balance poses, seated poses & static stretches. It was an interesting experience.

Krav Maga class tonight.

Assessment: boneless chicken thighs with rice & chick peas for dinner last night.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,671 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Monday! 4 clients this morning then 4 tonight. Much more mobility in my knee now and by the weekend, the swelling should be just about gone.

Cardio: boxing- 30 min (200 calories)

Strength: back- high pulldowns, one arm rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pushdowns. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Watched the games then later had KFC.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »

@47Jacqueline Good to see you sneaking in a couple days of exercise into the thread!

Yes. I'm still supposed to be taking it easy, but I can't sit still any longer. lol

I just ordered a kick scooter - I'm supposed to limit my walking due to the impact on a fractured hip, but I live in NYC where you don't even think about transportation if it's 10 blocks (a half mile).
  • ovidnine
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Got a bit more sleep last night, not totally caught up, but it was a good day at the gym. Going a bit batty not being able to squat but its only a few more days.

cardilol- 30 minutes treadmill 3.2mph average 8.5 incline

Bench- Just calling my strength workout bench today. I'm ready for my regular program again. Anyway 10,8,5,4,3,3,2,1,1,1,1,2,2

Assessment- A bit under my calories and protein targets yesterday but that's alright.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »

Yes. I'm still supposed to be taking it easy, but I can't sit still any longer. lol

I just ordered a kick scooter - I'm supposed to limit my walking due to the impact on a fractured hip, but I live in NYC where you don't even think about transportation if it's 10 blocks (a half mile).
    Careful on that hip Jacqueline! How it heals may impact posture and movement later. Just be cautious.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Tuesday! 4 clients this morning then 2 tonight. A little grocery shopping today and just kicking back since it may be too rainy to ride my bike.

Cardio: boxing- 45 min (300 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench, dumbell flat bench, machine flyes, dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pho last night.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Oh yeah and I'm 52 today.
  • ovidnine
    Options
    Happy birthday @ninerbuff!
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All and Happy Birthday @ninerbuff

Strength: Bulk Arms and Hammer Max Strength

Cardio: not much

Nutrition: I have to find out what I really need to do! looking at the scale, if it goes down too quick I'm scared of losing muscles and if goes up a bit, too worried I'm gaining weight1 make up your mind woman!
  • luluinca
    Options
    @ninerbuff Have a great birthday............hope you have something fun planned!

Cardio: Got in a 3.75 mile walk/run with the dog. I've been running more and more of it so I'm pretty happy with my progress this year so far.

Strength: None today.

Assessment: Staying really close to my calorie and macro goals so hopefully I'll drop another half pound or so soon!

Keep up the great work everyone.........this is a very motivating group to be a part of!!!!
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Oh yeah and I'm 52 today.
    Happy Birthday!
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Cardio:
    30 minutes (4.28 miles) on recumbent bike
    5500+ steps

Strength:
    Biceps Curl 10 lb 2x12
    Calf Raises 35 lbs 2x12
    Chest Press 10 lbs 2x12
    Back Extension 30 lbs 2x12
    Hip Adduction 37.5 lbs 2x12
    Leg Press 50 lbs, 18, 12
    Lat Pulldown 10 lbs 10, 12
    Shoulder Press 10 lbs 2x12

Not exhausted like I was the last time I did the weight machines. Actually spent the day cooking and cleaning, and still feeling energized!
  • luluinca
    Options
    64crayons wrote: »
    Cardio:
    30 minutes (4.28 miles) on recumbent bike
    5500+ steps

Strength:
    Biceps Curl 10 lb 2x12
    Calf Raises 35 lbs 2x12
    Chest Press 10 lbs 2x12
    Back Extension 30 lbs 2x12
    Hip Adduction 37.5 lbs 2x12
    Leg Press 50 lbs, 18, 12
    Lat Pulldown 10 lbs 10, 12
    Shoulder Press 10 lbs 2x12

Not exhausted like I was the last time I did the weight machines. Actually spent the day cooking and cleaning, and still feeling energized!

I think you're doing a great job!!!
  • ltworide
    Options
    @ninerbuff Happy Birthday, hope you had a great day!
    @64crayons good work!

Strength:
    Shoulder width grip pull-ups 5x2; 2x1+1
    Military press 65 lbs 1x5; 2x4; 1x3; 1x2
    Front squat 85 lbs (power) 5x5

Cardio:
    2 sets 1 min rest:
    Skipping 3 mins
    Low pulley chops 27.5 lbs 2x10/side

Indoor cycling 20 mins. Easy pace.

Assessment: under calories today. Macros on target. Leftover homemade beef stew for dinner.