Ladies loose 10lbs by feb.19

Options

Replies

• RedBone481
    RedBone481 Posts: 49 Member
    Options

izaybess wrote: »
    I'm new to this how do I join btw

You have joined by just saying I'm in! We are basically loosing 2lbs a week and posting results on feb.19. Also posting meals and motivating each other

OK, I'm in :smile: where do I post

All posting for the challenge is done here
  • laurstroh
    laurstroh Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Count me in, too!
    My name is Laurie. I lost 50 lbs last year with a healthy diet and exercise 5-6 times a week. But now I've hit a big plateau :( I'm currently 5'7 and 168 lbs, hoping to be around 158 next month! Let's do this!
  • born2transform
    born2transform Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! I'm in. :)
  • feliciafitnesshealth
    Options
    Hi! I know I am a few days late to the party but I would like to join :smile: Hopefully I can lose 10 pounds but I'd be okay with getting to under 140 (currently 145).
  • 46carmen
    46carmen Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I finished my last 2 small meals. I had 3 wing dings and 2 cups steamed broccoli then a protein shake. My exercise was strength weight class. Then I walked for an hour and included going up/downsteps and flipping a tire. I felt really motivated after reading everyone's goals, meals and exercises. :smiling
  • CeciMass
    CeciMass Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would love to join in as well. Starting at 203 and goal is to get down to 160 (very similar)....really need some motivation to keep going.
  • SaraAhmad117
    SaraAhmad117 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I'm out. In order for me to lose 10lbs (real weight loss, not water weight) in one month, I would have to restrict my calories to less than 800 calories per day. I love my body too much to inflict such abuse upon it. I'll continue to lose my weight slowly, in a sustainable manner, while maintaining my current muscle mass and increasing my cardiovascular health, endurance, stamina and strength.

And by the way, the word is "lose", not "loose".

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

I believe you're posting in a "Motivation and Support" forum, so it would be great if you would kindly keep your comments motivating and supportive or keep them to yourself.

Just because YOU would have to restrict your calories to 800 per day in order to lose 10 lbs. in one month does not mean that everyone on MFP would have to (also, if you worked out harder, you wouldn't even have to restrict your calories to that amount). The amount of weight a person can lose over the course of four weeks depends on many factors, such as how much a person weighs currently, how much a person works out, and what kinds of food a person is eating. It is perfectly reasonable to lose 10 lbs. in one month while "maintaining current muscle mass and increasing cardiovascular health, endurance, stamina and strength" if you study nutrition, choose the right foods to eat, and stay motivated enough.
  • namarc0
    namarc0 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! It's Wednesday so how are we doing? I'm having a hard time getting my exercise in. I feel drained by the time I get home from work and it's hard to get going in the morning. Any tips? Guess I'm just going to need to buckle down and knock it out--NO excuses.
  • ticiad1
    ticiad1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in in this one!! Totally doable. I'm down 6 since January 1. No need to slow down now.
  • RedBone481
    Options
    Welcome to all of the new ladies! :smile:
  • RedBone481
    Options
    Ladies for the past two mornings I have eaten deer BBQ on wheat bread. (I am a country girl) I thought it would be super unhealthy but turns out it is just the opposite according to MFP not a lot of fat and a bunch of protein.
  • 2Angelcloud9
    2Angelcloud9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge....what do I need to do?

• RedBone481
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge....what do I need to do?
    hi it's very simple we are basically loosing 2lbs a week and posting our meals and excerise routines to motivate each other we will do our weigh in on Feb.19th

• Jonnae519
    Jonnae519 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Sending out positive vibes! Im about to do a little yoga. I used to be more strong and flexible about 6 months ago.. And then i gained back about 40 lbs. Needless to say, yoga, or any exercise for that matter, has become more challenging! But im going to do my best! And then i will be eating chicken lettuce wraps for breakfast.. Yum! Im not a traditional breakfast person btw
    Anyway, just wanted to wish everyone a strong, motivated, hump day ;)
  • Supawmn18
    Supawmn18 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to stay away from carbs but somehow still over. I need to get better at measuring food but when your hungry at your desk, counting peanuts is a little hard. Ground turkey and broccoli for lunch and dinner
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    namarc0 wrote: »
    Hello ladies! It's Wednesday so how are we doing? I'm having a hard time getting my exercise in. I feel drained by the time I get home from work and it's hard to get going in the morning. Any tips? Guess I'm just going to need to buckle down and knock it out--NO excuses.

Honestly...that's exactly what I've had to do. I started to get super sleepy just about an hour before I was supposed to get off of work and head to the gym. I wanted to talk myself out of it but knew better. As always, so glad I got to the gym and got my workout done!
  • fareehafarrukh
    fareehafarrukh Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'd love to join as well. Really need some motivation
  • stephaniewestfossum
    Options
    I'm in. I need a good jump start to get me moving. Looking forward to it.
  • tonimadurski
    tonimadurski Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! Need to lose 25 lbs before a wedding this summer!!!!
  • christierenea
    christierenea Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm down 5 pounds just this month, I'll join. Id like to lose 10 more.