Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    While I'm thinking about it I'd better write this or I'll forget. A while back when everyone was talking about wills etc.and sometimes someone would ask if anyone had heard from so-and-so; I had this idea. Added to my list of people to notify when I pass into the great beyond is this group. Though it would be sad to get such a notification about any of you it would be better to know than wonder what happened to you. Facebook also has a way of shutting down a person's site after they die by naming a person who can do so. My daughter Wendy will be in charge of doing these things. I'm not planning on going anywhere soon but planning ahead. After all who expected David Bowie to go so soon after all he was only my age! ;)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,931 Member
    Options
    CSSJ09 wrote: »
    I am a newbie and have never posted before so forgive me for probably doing this incorrectly. I am currently freezing in the MidAtlantic region and will need to get some essential supplies for the expected snowpocalypse. I enjoy the arts, international travel, cooking and eating new foods, particularly Middle Eastern vegetarian. I have worked in many parts of the world (aid worker) including conflict regions and emerging democracies. Like many on this thread, I used to be very thin. I want to get back to what I used to be (5 junior petite, and that was before vanity sizing was invented) and be far more active and effective in my work and personal life.

You are doing this just right...keep coming back and join in the conversation....tell us more about you and give us and easy name we can call you :)
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

CarolNC, so sorry about the breakin. What a mess for you. (((Hugs)))

Mia, great work on the decluttering. Keep it up.

KJL, I’m with you. If I knew I only had a year to year and a half, by golly let me have whatever I want!!!!

Sylvia, yeah you is right for getting rid of the Hershey’s Hugs that got in your shopping cart. Good for you!!

m1277.gifto any Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I had to skim quickly tonight so not many responses. Had a good time at line dancing today but boy does it still wear me out. Tomorrow I am going out of town with my good friend for a day trip to see her aunt. She is a great cook and will serve us lunch. I’ll be thinking of all of you and wishing you the very best.

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC

• miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Barbie, so glad you won't damage anything!

Sylvia, love the tray.

DJ, I am always so jealous of your line dancing. I have a disconnect between my brain and my body. No matter how many times I practice ANYTHING, I never can do it. I practiced and practiced just one line on the piano, and never got to the point I could play it through without mistakes. Same with dance moves, cheers, etc. When I dance I just shake it all, and embarrass ALL my kids, old and new! LOL
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,119 Member
    Options
    Sylvia - I love the tray! You are very artistic! They would sell like hot cakes here in Northern Minnesota!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,558 Member
    Options
    Nite iold and new peeps
    I t was fun riding home in the rain!
    Pip from Tacoma Washington
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I guess I must have missed checking in yesterday and now there are over 200 posts to catch up on. Sigh! And now I hit a wrong key and believe my entire post got deleted. If not, I apologize for posting two posts. Anyway, only to the bottom of page 56 and logging off so that I can wake up early to exercise. Thinking of you all. <3

Linda/IA
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi gals,

Mia – sometimes a hissy fit puts your point across! Later – your cleaning is awesome! You go!

KJL – I am sorry to hear about your sister, everyone has given the advice I would too, but one other component, separate from caring for your sister, is to care for you. Be sure you get the food, support, time away you need. Caregiving is a hard job, taking a break for yourself is part of the job, not a ditching of duties…

So I am working on an embroidery project for a client that is sucking my brain dry! It is a 13 line long saying embroidered on striped fabric, one line per stripe and it all needs to line up, and be even, the stripes are 5 feet long so every 13 inches I have to re-hoop and realign it all. I have spent days on this and just can not wait for it to be done, the embroidery should be done tomorrow – then trimming threads, spot cleaning all my alignment marks, and ironing it. It is coming out great – but I am ready to do some “easy” stuff like logo’s on jackets.

This project is all I have worked on today, and that plus getting very little exercise (it poured all day) and I have made some crappy food choices. Then as I was doing dishes I realized that my tea/water cup was still in the kitchen with my morning cup of tea (stone cold) – so that means I drank nothing all day!!! That never happens; so that is probably part of the bad food choices and fried brain issues. I am going to really pour in the water for the next hour, and will probably be up and down all night… grrr!!!

Good night

Kim from N. California – where tomorrow is supposed to be dry!
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
  • BonnieSpins
    BonnieSpins Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Well, they say that confession is good for the soul. I was a good girl all day staying under my calorie count, but my daughter brought my favorite birthday cake over tonight to celebrate my birthday. I celebrated. I don't regret it. Even my son who is eating very little had a small piece.

Michele, I would love to take a class, but right now getting out several days a week to go anywhere is near impossible, so the DVD route is the one I must take. I will look for the Rodney Yee DVD. Thanks.

Bonnie in freezing Maryland
  • dlmcgowan93
    dlmcgowan93 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm really enjoying this group and reading all about you all. Hopefully I will get to where I can feel comfortable enough to chime in. For now I'm just "stalking about". Sweet dreams & tomorrow is a new day!

Denise
    IL where it's cold and snowing!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,119 Member
    Options
    Bonnie - Happy Birthday! I'm glad you enjoyed your Birthday cake!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,710 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    NSV~I haven't had candy or chocolate for 2-3 weeks now.. eating alot more veggies and fruits..
    I got a nasty cold, everyone sneezing at work, and who is the one who gets it...grrrrr
    had a nasty one before going to Florida too, and usually I am pretty good.. today I dont even feel like eating
    I have to work 1-6 today and have tomorrow off, I do need to go get a haircut .. but will lay low...
    Sylvia~ love your tray ...
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    :p Stayed the night in town so I can work out early this morning. First workout since I tweaked my back on Saturday, but it feels fine. Fingers crossed.

Really struggling with spending nights in town and away from the DH--just kind of go down mentally, curl up in a ball instead of accomplishing anything. Yesterday was a sugar binge unlike anything I've done in more than a year--the ability to go out and shop for junk food because it's just down the road is scary after two years on the ranch. Have to do some serious thinking about what I want, and why. And, even ten years after the gastric bypass, sugar can still make me extremely ill, and I know this. It's about a 50-50 shot, and last night, it didn't make me sick, which worries me even more. OK, at 720 calories, it wasn't like the sugar binges I had at 300+ pounds, and I logged it, which I'm proud of--but it was, nonetheless, distrubing.

If you really want to have a think about why we believe we need to be smaller, new book in the library called "Dietland" that's thought-provoking. It's fiction, and it gets a little rough around the edges--violence and cursewords would get it an R rating in a movie. It does make you think about things.

Working through some stuff,
    Lisa in West Texas
  • JoeyVenter
    JoeyVenter Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    In the last two years I have made health goals, and I'm really sticking to my goals.

My goals started 1 April 2014:
    2014 - To lose 33 pounds the first year. (Reached my goal and maintain)
    2015 - To lose another 33 pounds the second year. (Reached my goal and maintain thus far)
    2016 - To start with exercise this year.
    - Staying with my 1200 calories a day.

It not an easy thing to do but with "My Fitness Pal" I am now committed and logging everything I put in my mouth.
    "Nothing feels as good as losing weight and feeling good".
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    17761776 wrote: »
    Thanks it worked, now how do u transfer parts of the message? Gayle

Gayle - I've found that you have to hit 'quote' and then edit out those parts that you have no interest in answering; then you can type under it. However, I haven't been able to just highlight a portion of a previously posted item and move it.

To clarify - highlight the part you don't want to keep and delete it (after you have hit 'quote' and put it into the new posting box, leaving the text that you do want to answer.

Gloworm - I have written a 'directive' to my children (and DH if I predecease him) about who I want to be notified of my death, too. Did not think about this site - not so sure I'd be 'missed' other than, when I stop posting for a week or more - probably something wrong here. I usually check the posts twice a day as it is even on vacation. Well, make that a bit longer - 2 - 2 1/2 weeks ... I'm not with it somehow. o:)

This last two weeks I have not done as well with my 'caloric intake' as I would like. Today is a new day; and, I know that I'll be cooking tonight, so I have to take that into mind when planning out my meal.

lhannon062709 - Last week I read a book that was 'horrible' - something about 'divorce' (with a hot pick cover). It was hard to follow even though I was a paralegal most of my life. It was like reading a file. Difficult at best to keep up with - letters, depositions and legal papers filed with court. So much in there that was totally unnecessary, like the legal papers filed. If you need the rest to make it interesting, this author really blew it. I might check out "Dietland" because there are times that I need some thought-provoking ideas into my brain. I'm going to check to see if they have the Marie Kondo book(s). She's written another book that actually illustrates the folding of the clothes and is like an illustrative book to her first one.

I checked out a book, and about 3 chapters into it, I realized it was way too familiar; and, finally found the list of the books I have read by this author, and sure enough - I'd read it. I need to get the lists out and remember to check them off. Got to ask (again) if they ever got the "N" book in the series of Sue Grafton books. I'll check the Lee County Library and have them look up to see if it is here in Dawson. They've put my name to get James Patterson's new NYPD #4 book when it comes out later this month. Last month I got his latest Alex Cross book. Others that I like write mystery/murder novels that are written along the same lines. I took back 2 books without reading them, thinking they were probably more like sexy love novels. I've gotten my husband reading, too.

Got to check with my MD in Macon when I go to see him later this month to see if my 'bipolar' meds need to be 'adjusted' because of the weight I've lost.

Miriam - Do you ever get your cats' names and your dog's names mixed up when calling them? I do the same thing my Mother used to - run though all the names before getting it right. Like "SuzanneMargaretLenora" - dammit you know who I am talking to." I do the same thing with my family members. I'll refer to Cracker as 'he'; and Tux as "she". A lot of times I call Cracker, "MrTux,Shorty,MissPrissSpoiledRottenDogDammitMissCracker." Until she hears "Cracker" she ignores me.

I blew my 'caloric intake' yesterday; and, I had really blown it last weekend (or maybe once the previous 2-week period (going out to eat). Now I have to go back and track those things I ate that were extra calories for yesterday. Could not help myself. Half ounce of cheese straws and two stick of cheese strings. Easily another 200+ calories - I could KICK MYSELF! Between now and when I go back for my weigh-in; I will work at working close to my 'caloric intake'.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,225 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Sylvia - Gorgeous fish! You are such a talented artist. Was that freehand, or did you copy or trace something? I'd buy it. :flowerforyou:

Katla , Michele - I think my anti social quip was a bit of a joke, but I am not good at ambiguous situations. I am fine when I am in charge, like being a teacher or a designated leader, but just being part of a group that is just milling about is not my thing. I can be a team player when I know my role. When I did my Leadership course, most of the time I was comfortable as it was very structured, but part of the course gave us opportunities to see how we reacted in much more fluid group situations. It caused me quite a lot of panic, which was a great insight for me. I learnt to "go with the flow" a lot more and I am much better than I was. I can do it if I put my mind to it and work on my attitude, but it is not a natural strength for me. It is better if I have a bolt hole to go to and have supplies for food emergencies.
    All this is, of course, because I feel the need to be in control. Not surprising with my childhood.
    I love my friends and prefer to meet them where I am in control of the situation, like being a hostess, or one to one.
    I would like to be more relaxed about group situations and I continue to work on my attitude and my need to be in control. :)

Lisa - I recognise your "syndrome" of finding it difficult to be on your own, without your man. I have the same issues when DH is away. Last week I sat up until 4pm watching a recorded tv series, eating scones and cheese. By the next day I had recovered my sanity, thank goodness. :flowerforyou:

Left over curry for lunch. I must be careful to heat it up really well. Don't want to give myself food poisoning!
    Tonight is Spinach and Feta Pie. <3

Barbie - How frustrating for you! You are being very patient. :flowerforyou :smile:

Joyce - any news?

Love Heather in the cold and sunny UK
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    o:) It's been a difficult New Year for me and our family. My nephew had a collapsed lung and came home from the hospital on Sunday. He is 25 yrs old and very tall and thin, but doesn't do any exercise. He just eats very little, says he's not hungry. My kids always want to know Mom what's for dinner- meant affectionately of course! So far he is recovering well. My brother has been a rock handling things as his wife is in Huston, TX with her Mom that is at home and hospice has been there since the beginning of the year.

My BIL had scheduled hip replacement surgery yesterday so I was at the hospital most of that day too. That surgery went better than we expected and he was up today walking and joking with the nurses. He is 65 but in excellent shape and works out regularly. Boy that makes so much difference. (Note to self - really have to get serious with exercise again)

Lastly, My dear friend is finally at peace after a 14 month struggle with ovian cancer that matastisized to the brain. She went through chemo and radiation, but in November they found it in her brain. It's unbelievable to me that she's gone. It happened quickly. I was with her and her family most of the day, got home about 6:30 pm and got the call from her husband 3 hours later. I will always remember her kind and caring heart and her great laugh. I am just sad :'(

I feel like I've been moving in slow motion. I can't really explain it. Our group of friends had planned to have a girls weekend locally for my birthday this Friday at a hotel by the Pacific Ocean we all like to go to, but under the circumstances we have postponed it. The funeral is likely to be on Sunday.

It's time for me to take a good look at myself and take stock of my life. We just never know what God's plan is for us.

I love this group of woman and am so thankful to have you all chat with. Be well friends.

<3 Rosie in So Cal
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,225 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Rosie - <3<3<3 (((((((HUGS))))))

Heather UK