30 min. - 30 days!

Options
cblanza
cblanza Posts: 18 Member
Hi, everyone!! Starting Monday, Jan. 25, I am committing myself to doing 30 min. of exercise a day for 30 days. I've been working out, but some days it is just hard to get motivated and I still have a lot of toning up to do. I'd love to have some of you join me in this challenge, and we can keep each other motivated. Any kind of exercise for 30 minutes consistently! Let's do this!

Replies

• MissJeweloftheForest
    Options
    I would love to join you in this challenge! I go to the gym, but I have not been going everyday, so it would be great for me to have motivation to go everyday!
  • cnroybal
    cnroybal Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in! What time of the day do you normally work out? Years ago I was addicted to a spinning class and had to wake up at 4:30am just to get a bike for the 5am class. Now I can't get my butt out of bed to workout, so I work out -reluctantly- late in the evening. Any suggestions?
  • hoperochelle11
    hoperochelle11 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey! I would love to join this challenge! I have had a bit of trouble myself staying motivated to exercise each day.
  • KatyP86
    KatyP86 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm in! :)
  • cblanza
    Options
    I would love to join you in this challenge! I go to the gym, but I have not been going everyday, so it would be great for me to have motivation to go everyday!

Yay, I'm so glad! I struggle with making it to the gym, too, so I hope this will be a motivation!!
  • cblanza
    Options
    cnroybal wrote: »
    I'm in! What time of the day do you normally work out? Years ago I was addicted to a spinning class and had to wake up at 4:30am just to get a bike for the 5am class. Now I can't get my butt out of bed to workout, so I work out -reluctantly- late in the evening. Any suggestions?

Welcome to the challenge! I cannot make myself get up at 4:30 to workout in the mornings before work, either. In fact, I'm really sluggish if I try to work out first thing, and I don't feel like I get as much accomplished. For me, it works better to do mine in the afternoons or evening. I am a school teacher, so I usually do my workouts around 4 every afternoon or 7 at night if I'm running behind. I actually find it hard to fit in gym time, so I have found some really great 30 min. Workouts videos that I do from home. Plus, I do a different workout every day so I don't get bored. It fits in my schedule so much easier! That may be a solution for you, too!
  • cblanza
    Options
    Hey! I would love to join this challenge! I have had a bit of trouble myself staying motivated to exercise each
    Hey! I would love to join this challenge! I have had a bit of trouble myself staying motivated to exercise each day.

Yay! Let's help each other stay motivated!!
  • cblanza
    Options
    Pooja86 wrote: »
    I'm in! :)

Woohoo! I'm so excited to see our progress at the end of these 30 days!!
  • nkluet
    nkluet Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. Do we need to post something here every day during the challenge?
  • globalgourmand
    globalgourmand Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This is totally what I need! MFP has helped me lose weight by being mindful of what I eat and how much, but I am totally stuck in an exercise rut! In the past, I biked to work everyday, or spent hours in the gym, and now I just can't seem to find the right on-ramp to get back into regular exercise. I'm a teacher too, so I am definitely feeling the early morning crunch, and sometimes I'm draggy in the evening. What are some fun activities that folks do? Any that don't require being outside as winter is upon us?
  • mzproverbs31
    mzproverbs31 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am so in.. I stay more consistent with exercising when it's a challenge..
  • Kotelk
    Kotelk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great challenge. I'm in!
  • determined2suceed
    determined2suceed Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I need this to make me actually stay accountable and do the exercising! Doing great on the eating now I just have to get moving!! I will check in on a daily basis as to what I did! Good luck everyone!
  • FiddlinRDH
    FiddlinRDH Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am in! I use to love to work out and that has changed over the years. I love to see the results and love how I feel afterward. This is just what I need.
  • cblanza
    Options
    nkluet wrote: »
    I would like to join. Do we need to post something here every day during the challenge?

I think it would be great to post what activity you did that day for 30 min. as a way of accountability and to encourage all of us!
  • cblanza
    Options
    This is totally what I need! MFP has helped me lose weight by being mindful of what I eat and how much, but I am totally stuck in an exercise rut! In the past, I biked to work everyday, or spent hours in the gym, and now I just can't seem to find the right on-ramp to get back into regular exercise. I'm a teacher too, so I am definitely feeling the early morning crunch, and sometimes I'm draggy in the evening. What are some fun activities that folks do? Any that don't require being outside as winter is upon us?

I am right there with ya! I already get up EARLY, so morning workouts are out for me. The gym takes too long and outside is too cold - do you see I'm good as making excuses? Ha What I have found works for me is just a 30 min exercise video each day. There are tons on Youtube, and I also have a few programs that I really like for myself. Having a variety of workouts that only take 30 min. from the comfort of my own home are a real winner for me!! Let me know if you need suggestions.
  • cmjohnson53
    cmjohnson53 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm in, it will be a great motivator for me! :)
  • koffeekakes
    koffeekakes Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'd like to do this too! I've never done a Challenge though, so I don't know exactly what to do.. which leads me to... what do I do lol??? We are quite alike though! I also am a schoolteacher, cannot work out early, usually do workouts around 4 or 7, use some cool dvds often (various PiYo, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6), and like to switch it up. Yesterday I walked/ran the track at our school for 3.25 miles, today (soon) will be dvd workout, tomorrow morning is the gym.. gotta keep it interesting! Also, if we start on the 25th and keep it going for a month, that'll leave me right about at my birthday on Feb 25th! FUN!!!
  • KidKNuncio
    KidKNuncio Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow i like this challenge! I'm in. So 30 mins minimum for 30 days straight. This is exactly the challenge i need! I have a gym in my apartment complex and sometimes I'm even lazy enough to not go to it. IT'S RIGHT DOWN THE HALL! Lol. Count me in for this one!
  • suecastro
    suecastro Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am prepared to give this a go! Currently only doing an active gym treadmill session on Sunday's for 30–45 mins. Cannot currently swim due to operation and recovery time. Been trying to increase general walking but rarely doing 6,000 steps a day - but will now commit to the 30 mins of active walking either outside in park if fine or gym if freezing and pouring with rain. There is no reason I can't do this except lack of will power! Being accountable to you guys will really help. Roll on 25 th and hope weather is fine!