Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Myles_104 wrote: »
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    I confess that I get a little excited that some of the longer term residents of this thread respond to a newbie like me. :)
    I also confess that I hate weaving in the ends of my knitting with the passion of a thousand fiery suns, but really love the striped look and may or may not have at least 3 projects complete except for the weaving in.

Edited to Add:
    @pofoster21 Am I still ghosted? Apparently when I signed up I pretty much put my profile on lockdown, and I wonder if that did it. I just changed it

Doesn't look ghosted to me. So, how bored will you have to be with bed rest to do the weaving in? My daughter is knitting a striped lap blanket right now. I am not a knitter, but I would like to learn. I just need to make time.

I've been doing some weaving in, and then giving up as bored, then picking it up. It will get done by golly. lol. Knitting is something you either get or you don't. I find the knittinghelp.com and knit picks videos super helpful if I run across something I don't know.

I don't know if I would be able to get it or not. I have bad fine motor skills when working with both hands. I can build a dollhouse, but not play a piano. I'll try it someday.

I like to knit and do all craft things but no time...one of these days I'll pick it up again. My mom knits like a fiend.

I wonder how long it would take you to knit a horse onesie :p?

Ha! A lot longer than Myles....

Well a month is only if I don't get bored out of my mind knitting the same thing for a month. Could never do a blanket, even tho that is a goal I want to reach. I like mittens and slippers because it takes me less than a week for a pair, then I can change yarns, and look at a different colour for a week.

And @MelissaPhippsFeagins if you don't have good motor control in both hands, try crochet. You can do more with crochet then knit.

You need to mix up the pattern. Then you won't get bored!
    But then there would be weaving in ends. Can't win.

Hello @Myles_104
    Welcome to our little thread. :)

Thanks. I am still reading thru and am on page 1018. I think I'm never going to catch up, so I just decided to post

We are much slower now. You'll catch up. I am impressed with your dedication...
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I confess that I get a little excited that some of the longer term residents of this thread respond to a newbie like me. :)
    I also confess that I hate weaving in the ends of my knitting with the passion of a thousand fiery suns, but really love the striped look and may or may not have at least 3 projects complete except for the weaving in.

Edited to Add:
    @pofoster21 Am I still ghosted? Apparently when I signed up I pretty much put my profile on lockdown, and I wonder if that did it. I just changed it

Doesn't look ghosted to me. So, how bored will you have to be with bed rest to do the weaving in? My daughter is knitting a striped lap blanket right now. I am not a knitter, but I would like to learn. I just need to make time.

I've been doing some weaving in, and then giving up as bored, then picking it up. It will get done by golly. lol. Knitting is something you either get or you don't. I find the knittinghelp.com and knit picks videos super helpful if I run across something I don't know.

I don't know if I would be able to get it or not. I have bad fine motor skills when working with both hands. I can build a dollhouse, but not play a piano. I'll try it someday.

I like to knit and do all craft things but no time...one of these days I'll pick it up again. My mom knits like a fiend.

Well a month is only if I don't get bored out of my mind knitting the same thing for a month. Could never do a blanket, even tho that is a goal I want to reach. I like mittens and slippers because it takes me less than a week for a pair, then I can change yarns, and look at a different colour for a week.

And @MelissaPhippsFeagins if you don't have good motor control in both hands, try crochet. You can do more with crochet then knit.

Hello @Myles_104

Thanks. I am still reading thru and am on page 1018. I think I'm never going to catch up, so I just decided to post

Wow, me too! What's happening on page 1018?!

*wanders back to page 1018*
  • Oberon21
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

Edited to Add:

Hello @Myles_104

Let us know! And what date was that?
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

Edited to Add:

Hello @Myles_104

Nicci first posted pics of Charlie on June 22. <3
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Edited to Add:

Hello @Myles_104

Welcome, Myles!! You're going to like it here! Although it sounds like you've been here all along... :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »

Edited to Add:

Hello @Myles_104

Nicci first posted pics of Charlie on June 22. <3

This makes me sad.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

I missed it. I was at the hospital when this happened. I'm sad about this now. However, it looks like a bunch of us OG's missed 1700.

You can still claim being on the page though since your name is there.

I confess I finally opened my Strawberry Shortcake spread & it's heavenly! The fat kid in me wanted to inhale the whole jar, but I only used a serving.

I also confess that I am going way over in calories today, but I want pizza! I'll just even out the calories the next week to make up.

A sad confession:

No more Strawberry Shortcake Spread since I annihilated the jar. I thought about drowning the jar, but it was too good to waste.

This post is up for grabs for a bingo square haha.
  • kelly_c_77
    edited January 2016
    Options

I missed it. I was at the hospital when this happened. I'm sad about this now. However, it looks like a bunch of us OG's missed 1700.

I confess I finally opened my Strawberry Shortcake spread & it's heavenly! The fat kid in me wanted to inhale the whole jar, but I only used a serving.

I also confess that I am going way over in calories today, but I want pizza! I'll just even out the calories the next week to make up.

A sad confession:

No more Strawberry Shortcake Spread since I annihilated the jar. I thought about drowning the jar, but it was too good to waste.

I'll call BINGO!

ETA: Mmm..what's Strawberry Shortcake Spread?...although I probably shouldn't have this information...
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

A sad confession:

I'll call BINGO!

ETA: Mmm..what's Strawberry Shortcake Spread?...although I probably shouldn't have this information...

It's a local store's spread that is kind of like cookie spread with Strawberries crushed up in it. So good. Wish I didn't eat the whole jar, but oh well.

Will get back on the wagon tomorrow.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

A sad confession:

Darn it !!! My internet was out. The router that wouldn't let me refresh yesterday got fried by a power surge today. Kudos to Denni for fixing it already.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

A sad confession:

I'll call BINGO!

It's a local store's spread that is kind of like cookie spread with Strawberries crushed up in it. So good. Wish I didn't eat the whole jar, but oh well.

Will get back on the wagon tomorrow.

Yep can't change what's done. Just move on....
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    bw_conway wrote: »
    I had planned on getting up at 4:30 and going to the rec center to swim...but just didn't. I was awake, an just laid there until my alarm went off to go to get up for work. Now I get to dwell on my lack of discipline all day :(

Look at it as a win for being awake. Tomorrow's goal is get out of bed. The day after, to put clothes on. I've tried setting my alarm for stupid AM. I just switch it off and go back to sleep.

When I first started working out in the morning, I put my alarm clock across the room so I had to get out of bed to turn it off. Two and a half months later, I'm used to getting up at 5 and it's not a struggle anymore.

I've tried that :( and downloading those alarms where you have to solve a puzzle or scan a barcode for the alarm to shut off, all to no avail. I am now at the conclusion that i am not a morning person, so no amount of tricks is going to make it happen.

This is me. My hubby gets up and runs at 4:30am. The only thing that gets me out of bed is that I'm competitive. I can't let him get training that I don't get. It wouldn't be fair.

I need someone to run with :( Mrs S doesn't do mornings any more than I do and she doesn't run, ever.
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    I had planned on getting up at 4:30 and going to the rec center to swim...but just didn't. I was awake, an just laid there until my alarm went off to go to get up for work. Now I get to dwell on my lack of discipline all day :(

Look at it as a win for being awake. Tomorrow's goal is get out of bed. The day after, to put clothes on. I've tried setting my alarm for stupid AM. I just switch it off and go back to sleep.

When I first started working out in the morning, I put my alarm clock across the room so I had to get out of bed to turn it off. Two and a half months later, I'm used to getting up at 5 and it's not a struggle anymore.

I've tried that :( and downloading those alarms where you have to solve a puzzle or scan a barcode for the alarm to shut off, all to no avail. I am now at the conclusion that i am not a morning person, so no amount of tricks is going to make it happen.

Twinsies!

We so are! On lots of things
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    In honor of my 8000th post and page 1700 I have changed my username. FYI.

I noticed that! and yet quotes are still showing your as POFoster21

Actually, I see Oberon21 in this quote... maybe older quotes before I changed don't change?

Ah maybe. I thought they were new posts because your name/avatar was oberon
  • orangesmartie
    Options

A sad confession:

I Confess on Saturday I drowned left over cheesecake so I wouldn't eat it
  • Oberon21
    Options

A sad confession:

Ha I didn't l know that!!! Good for you!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    In honor of my 8000th post and page 1700 I have changed my username. FYI.

I noticed that! and yet quotes are still showing your as POFoster21

Actually, I see Oberon21 in this quote... maybe older quotes before I changed don't change?

Ah maybe. I thought they were new posts because your name/avatar was oberon

I meant older as in seconds or days before I changed??
  • Oberon21
    Options

This is me. My hubby gets up and runs at 4:30am. The only thing that gets me out of bed is that I'm competitive. I can't let him get training that I don't get. It wouldn't be fair.

I need someone to run with :( Mrs S doesn't do mornings any more than I do and she doesn't run, ever.

I need someone to kick my butt out of bed these days. I did make it running yesterday!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

A sad confession:

N40 on my bingo card...seriously, GF cheesecake gets frozen at my house. Too expensive to throw away.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options

A sad confession:

Drowning food FTW!!