Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    bw_conway wrote: »
    I had planned on getting up at 4:30 and going to the rec center to swim...but just didn't. I was awake, an just laid there until my alarm went off to go to get up for work. Now I get to dwell on my lack of discipline all day :(

Stop beating yourself up and try again tomorrow. I get up at 4 when I have to be at work at 6, but I would never get up at 4:30 to go to the gym by 5. I admire you for aiming for it.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I had planned on getting up at 4:30 and going to the rec center to swim...but just didn't. I was awake, an just laid there until my alarm went off to go to get up for work. Now I get to dwell on my lack of discipline all day :(

Look at it as a win for being awake. Tomorrow's goal is get out of bed. The day after, to put clothes on. I've tried setting my alarm for stupid AM. I just switch it off and go back to sleep.
  • Myles_104
    Myles_104 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Myles_104 wrote: »
    I should be reading my nonfiction book for the month. If I finish it, I can read my fiction of choice for the rest of the month. But, noooo, I am pushing for page 1700 instead.

What are you reading? I just finished weaving in ends on 6 colour changes, I'm on a roll. And I convinced my kids they did not want to watch minions for the 8th time this weekend. How to train your dragon 2 FTW.

I confess I am going to blow my calories on a very planned snack of chips and guac

I am reading Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training by Mark Rippetoe, which my husband bought me for Christmas. (Another mark of a lifter, I am reading about the physics and physiology behind what I am doing in the gym.) I have 23 pages left. And then I can read Monster Hunter Vendetta by Larry Correa. Absolute mind candy, reading about vampires, werewolves, etc. being hunted by humans they've attacked in the past. It was also a Christmas gift. And then I have to pick another non-fiction book. My goal is to read one non-fiction book each month this year.

I tried to read new rules for lifting for women, got about 1/3 of the way in and decided to stick to strong lifts. I also just borrowed one from the library, Body weight anatomy (or something similar) by Bret Contreras. That one is interesting so far. If you like police investigating behind the scenes stuff, there is a book called "Author Unknown" that is fantastic. Its forensic science behind writing styles in the unibomber case.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try to read about most anything. I'll give "Author Unknown" a try.

Also for non fictions, Decrartes Error is also good. I generally read fluffy fiction, but on occasion read these intellectual books.
    I should be reading my nonfiction book for the month. If I finish it, I can read my fiction of choice for the rest of the month. But, noooo, I am pushing for page 1700 instead.

What are you reading? I just finished weaving in ends on 6 colour changes, I'm on a roll. And I convinced my kids they did not want to watch minions for the 8th time this weekend. How to train your dragon 2 FTW.

I confess I am going to blow my calories on a very planned snack of chips and guac

I wish i had the patience to knit. I've hunted high and low for a chunky aran knit blanket and i cannot find one anywhere. If i could knit, i would make my own, but c'est la vie
    Have you tried Etsy? Tho that would cost a mint.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,451 Member
    Options
    I confess that I get a little excited that some of the longer term residents of this thread respond to a newbie like me. :)
    I also confess that I hate weaving in the ends of my knitting with the passion of a thousand fiery suns, but really love the striped look and may or may not have at least 3 projects complete except for the weaving in.

Edited to Add:
    @pofoster21 Am I still ghosted? Apparently when I signed up I pretty much put my profile on lockdown, and I wonder if that did it. I just changed it

We like to meet new people and welcome all to the thread. BTW, I love your dog! I have a rescue that looks a lot like him/her.
  • Myles_104
    Options
    Confession, I have a hole in my favorite leggings and I'm sad, even tho its my fault for washing them wrong, and I used that as an excuse to buy 3 more pairs.
  • Myles_104
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I confess that I get a little excited that some of the longer term residents of this thread respond to a newbie like me. :)
    I also confess that I hate weaving in the ends of my knitting with the passion of a thousand fiery suns, but really love the striped look and may or may not have at least 3 projects complete except for the weaving in.

Edited to Add:
    @pofoster21 Am I still ghosted? Apparently when I signed up I pretty much put my profile on lockdown, and I wonder if that did it. I just changed it

We like to meet new people and welcome all to the thread. BTW, I love your dog! I have a rescue that looks a lot like him/her.

Thanks, that's Parker (as in Peter :) ) He was listed as a mastiff mix, but as he grew he grew LEAN, so I did the DNA thing, and it came back as Grey Hound, Great Dane and Lab. He's a 115lb baby.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,451 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

Edited to Add:

Thanks, that's Parker (as in Peter :) ) He was listed as a mastiff mix, but as he grew he grew LEAN, so I did the DNA thing, and it came back as Grey Hound, Great Dane and Lab. He's a 115lb baby.

He is wonderful. I have a Mastiff at home and my rescue is a mix, we are thinking mastiff and something else. He is 15 weeks and about 50lbs so far, so he will probably be a lot like Parker. His coloring is very similar too. If I get curious enough, I may have to look into the DNA thing.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options

Stop beating yourself up and try again tomorrow. I get up at 4 when I have to be at work at 6, but I would never get up at 4:30 to go to the gym by 5. I admire you for aiming for it.

Look at it as a win for being awake. Tomorrow's goal is get out of bed. The day after, to put clothes on. I've tried setting my alarm for stupid AM. I just switch it off and go back to sleep.

Thanks for the encouragement! I am usually in the gym or pool 3-4 days a week at 5am, so my track record is pretty solid, it is just...Mondays, lol
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Confession: I got a performance bonus at work yesterday (not a lot of money, but a nice surprise) and promptly spent half of it on Combat Crunch bars and BCAAs instead of the VS sale. I guess I am officially a lifter now...

I'm not even a lifter, but usually if we get a bonus at work for making sales for the quarter I also buy some kind of protein bar, protein snacks, or basically any kind of sweet treat.

I also very rarely buy designer jeans with my bonuses (still only look at the bargain sales for the jeans).

I was super pumped Friday when my Vitamin Shoppe order came in (OhYeah Birthday Cake bars, OhYeah Cookie Dough, & OhYeah Almond Fudge Brownie).

Still have the Cookie Dough bars to try.

The branch chain amino acids are the mark of a lifter, I think. How are the Oh, Yeah bars?

Pros:

Tastes like cake batter (so does Combat Crunch)
    Sprinkles
    Weighs close to package weight & sometimes a bit less
    A bit cheaper than Musclepharm

Cons:

Combat Crunch bars are very chewy which takes awhile to eat them & savor the bar

So if I ever get a bonus or a big discount from GNC with my Gold Card I would still buy Combat Crunch's flavor; however, I would still buy the OhYeah flavor if price were an issue.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

You at least got up to go to work right? So you do have some discipline :p!

Kudos on you for setting your alarm to workout before you go to work.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

When I first started working out in the morning, I put my alarm clock across the room so I had to get out of bed to turn it off. Two and a half months later, I'm used to getting up at 5 and it's not a struggle anymore.
  • orangesmartie
    Options

Have you tried Etsy? Tho that would cost a mint.

no but i'll have a look, thanks for the suggestion

• orangesmartie
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »

When I first started working out in the morning, I put my alarm clock across the room so I had to get out of bed to turn it off. Two and a half months later, I'm used to getting up at 5 and it's not a struggle anymore.

I've tried that :( and downloading those alarms where you have to solve a puzzle or scan a barcode for the alarm to shut off, all to no avail. I am now at the conclusion that i am not a morning person, so no amount of tricks is going to make it happen.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

I am totally in your corner, Nicci. Getting up is a win.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Confession, I have a hole in my favorite leggings and I'm sad, even tho its my fault for washing them wrong, and I used that as an excuse to buy 3 more pairs.

You and I would so be friends in person. I have totally done that.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

I missed it. I was at the hospital when this happened. I'm sad about this now. However, it looks like a bunch of us OG's missed 1700.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

Story of my life. Every DAMN DANG morning!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Confession, I have a hole in my favorite leggings and I'm sad, even tho its my fault for washing them wrong, and I used that as an excuse a perfectly acceptable reason to buy 3 more pairs.

There. FTFY.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »

I've tried that :( and downloading those alarms where you have to solve a puzzle or scan a barcode for the alarm to shut off, all to no avail. I am now at the conclusion that i am not a morning person, so no amount of tricks is going to make it happen.

Twinsies!