Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Myles_104
    Myles_104 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Myles_104 wrote: »
    I confess that I get a little excited that some of the longer term residents of this thread respond to a newbie like me. :)
    I also confess that I hate weaving in the ends of my knitting with the passion of a thousand fiery suns, but really love the striped look and may or may not have at least 3 projects complete except for the weaving in.

Edited to Add:
    @pofoster21 Am I still ghosted? Apparently when I signed up I pretty much put my profile on lockdown, and I wonder if that did it. I just changed it

Doesn't look ghosted to me. So, how bored will you have to be with bed rest to do the weaving in? My daughter is knitting a striped lap blanket right now. I am not a knitter, but I would like to learn. I just need to make time.

I've been doing some weaving in, and then giving up as bored, then picking it up. It will get done by golly. lol. Knitting is something you either get or you don't. I find the knittinghelp.com and knit picks videos super helpful if I run across something I don't know.

I don't know if I would be able to get it or not. I have bad fine motor skills when working with both hands. I can build a dollhouse, but not play a piano. I'll try it someday.

I like to knit and do all craft things but no time...one of these days I'll pick it up again. My mom knits like a fiend.

I wonder how long it would take you to knit a horse onesie :p?

Its taken me 5 days to knit 1 leg warmer. I would guess for me, over a month for a horse onesie.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Confession: I got a performance bonus at work yesterday (not a lot of money, but a nice surprise) and promptly spent half of it on Combat Crunch bars and BCAAs instead of the VS sale. I guess I am officially a lifter now...

I'm not even a lifter, but usually if we get a bonus at work for making sales for the quarter I also buy some kind of protein bar, protein snacks, or basically any kind of sweet treat.

I also very rarely buy designer jeans with my bonuses (still only look at the bargain sales for the jeans).

I was super pumped Friday when my Vitamin Shoppe order came in (OhYeah Birthday Cake bars, OhYeah Cookie Dough, & OhYeah Almond Fudge Brownie).

Still have the Cookie Dough bars to try.

The branch chain amino acids are the mark of a lifter, I think. How are the Oh, Yeah bars?
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I confess that I get a little excited that some of the longer term residents of this thread respond to a newbie like me. :)
    I also confess that I hate weaving in the ends of my knitting with the passion of a thousand fiery suns, but really love the striped look and may or may not have at least 3 projects complete except for the weaving in.

Edited to Add:
    @pofoster21 Am I still ghosted? Apparently when I signed up I pretty much put my profile on lockdown, and I wonder if that did it. I just changed it

Doesn't look ghosted to me. So, how bored will you have to be with bed rest to do the weaving in? My daughter is knitting a striped lap blanket right now. I am not a knitter, but I would like to learn. I just need to make time.

I've been doing some weaving in, and then giving up as bored, then picking it up. It will get done by golly. lol. Knitting is something you either get or you don't. I find the knittinghelp.com and knit picks videos super helpful if I run across something I don't know.

I don't know if I would be able to get it or not. I have bad fine motor skills when working with both hands. I can build a dollhouse, but not play a piano. I'll try it someday.

I like to knit and do all craft things but no time...one of these days I'll pick it up again. My mom knits like a fiend.

I wonder how hard she'd get kicked trying to put that on. I remember breaking Ginger to a blanket... It was bad...I wish I had room for a horse... sigh.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    The Oh Yea bars aren't bad at all.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I should be reading my nonfiction book for the month. If I finish it, I can read my fiction of choice for the rest of the month. But, noooo, I am pushing for page 1700 instead.

What are you reading? I just finished weaving in ends on 6 colour changes, I'm on a roll. And I convinced my kids they did not want to watch minions for the 8th time this weekend. How to train your dragon 2 FTW.

I confess I am going to blow my calories on a very planned snack of chips and guac

I am reading Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training by Mark Rippetoe, which my husband bought me for Christmas. (Another mark of a lifter, I am reading about the physics and physiology behind what I am doing in the gym.) I have 23 pages left. And then I can read Monster Hunter Vendetta by Larry Correa. Absolute mind candy, reading about vampires, werewolves, etc. being hunted by humans they've attacked in the past. It was also a Christmas gift. And then I have to pick another non-fiction book. My goal is to read one non-fiction book each month this year.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

Edited to Add:

I was confused about ghosted. I read and now I understand. Hmmm. I may have to try this.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    So I'm making hot cocoa since I have some and am stuck at home. Out f sheer curiousity and in honor of this trad I tried the cocoa powder. Not a fan. This wouldn't give me a chocolate fix I don't think....

It wouldn't do it for me either, POF, but in the spirit of the thread I claim this for my bingo card. I20.

(giggle at the bingo card)

Confession: Mashed potatoes are a complete meal! I made them with sauteed onions and basamic balsamic vinegar reduction and butter. Ok, I did have a few sliced tomatoes on the side, but mashed potatoes!
    edited for error.

Mashed potatoes aren't a meal? I wish you hadn't told me that.

I frequently eat a baked potato as a meal. Skin and all. I love baked potatoes.

What would you eat for protein with it, since you do not eat meat?
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    You can ignore people? mostly, I hang out here and in the Cave where it's safe, but that is nice to know.

I never knew that either. That is why Myles was ghosted. When I clicked on her it asked me if I wanted to 'unignore' her. Now I am going to get paranoid when people don't respond to me. I'll be convinced I bored them so badly they 'ignored' me.

If it is me it is (1) I am on my phone and that makes it hard or (2) I am at work and trying to behave (3) dealing with stuff that has nothing to do with you or here and I can't summon the energy. It has zero to do with you. <3
    Woot. I made a list! <3
  • Myles_104
    Options
    I should be reading my nonfiction book for the month. If I finish it, I can read my fiction of choice for the rest of the month. But, noooo, I am pushing for page 1700 instead.

What are you reading? I just finished weaving in ends on 6 colour changes, I'm on a roll. And I convinced my kids they did not want to watch minions for the 8th time this weekend. How to train your dragon 2 FTW.

I confess I am going to blow my calories on a very planned snack of chips and guac

I am reading Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training by Mark Rippetoe, which my husband bought me for Christmas. (Another mark of a lifter, I am reading about the physics and physiology behind what I am doing in the gym.) I have 23 pages left. And then I can read Monster Hunter Vendetta by Larry Correa. Absolute mind candy, reading about vampires, werewolves, etc. being hunted by humans they've attacked in the past. It was also a Christmas gift. And then I have to pick another non-fiction book. My goal is to read one non-fiction book each month this year.

I tried to read new rules for lifting for women, got about 1/3 of the way in and decided to stick to strong lifts. I also just borrowed one from the library, Body weight anatomy (or something similar) by Bret Contreras. That one is interesting so far. If you like police investigating behind the scenes stuff, there is a book called "Author Unknown" that is fantastic. Its forensic science behind writing styles in the unibomber case.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

I tried to read new rules for lifting for women, got about 1/3 of the way in and decided to stick to strong lifts. I also just borrowed one from the library, Body weight anatomy (or something similar) by Bret Contreras. That one is interesting so far. If you like police investigating behind the scenes stuff, there is a book called "Author Unknown" that is fantastic. Its forensic science behind writing styles in the unibomber case.

Myles, I think you fit right in with this group. :)

I read books and magazines about running all the time. I find it fascinating.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

Edited to Add:

Ha! A lot longer than Myles....
  • Myles_104
    Options

Edited to Add:

Ha! A lot longer than Myles....

Well a month is only if I don't get bored out of my mind knitting the same thing for a month. Could never do a blanket, even tho that is a goal I want to reach. I like mittens and slippers because it takes me less than a week for a pair, then I can change yarns, and look at a different colour for a week.

And @MelissaPhippsFeagins if you don't have good motor control in both hands, try crochet. You can do more with crochet then knit.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    I confess that I'm refusing to move from the couch today solely because my fitbit has given me a rash so I've had to take it off. I refuse to take steps if they aren't counted!!( it's possible I have a fitbit addiction)

Make sure you don't wear it too tight! I had the same problem, but if I keep it a little loose, I have no issues.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    So I'm making hot cocoa since I have some and am stuck at home. Out f sheer curiousity and in honor of this trad I tried the cocoa powder. Not a fan. This wouldn't give me a chocolate fix I don't think....

It wouldn't do it for me either, POF, but in the spirit of the thread I claim this for my bingo card. I20.

(giggle at the bingo card)

Confession: Mashed potatoes are a complete meal! I made them with sauteed onions and basamic balsamic vinegar reduction and butter. Ok, I did have a few sliced tomatoes on the side, but mashed potatoes!
    edited for error.

Oh, yum. I'm pretty sure potatoes are my desert island food.
  • CosmoTI
    CosmoTI Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    I confess that I'm refusing to move from the couch today solely because my fitbit has given me a rash so I've had to take it off. I refuse to take steps if they aren't counted!!( it's possible I have a fitbit addiction)

Make sure you don't wear it too tight! I had the same problem, but if I keep it a little loose, I have no issues.

Thanks - might try loosening it. I was not good over the weekend without my fitbit. It's like the naughty child inside figured if the fitbit can't see what I'm doing I might as well be all the way bad - didn't do any exercise and ate ALL the food!!

• Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I had planned on getting up at 4:30 and going to the rec center to swim...but just didn't. I was awake, an just laid there until my alarm went off to go to get up for work. Now I get to dwell on my lack of discipline all day :(
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    In honor of my 8000th post and page 1700 I have changed my username. FYI.

I noticed that! and yet quotes are still showing your as POFoster21
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try to read about most anything. I'll give "Author Unknown" a try.

• orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options

I wish i had the patience to knit. I've hunted high and low for a chunky aran knit blanket and i cannot find one anywhere. If i could knit, i would make my own, but c'est la vie