Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Fursian wrote: »
    Question, why doesn't this thread show in General Diet and Weight Loss Help, when it says that it IS in General Diet and Weight Loss Help, was this thread moved and just "ghosts" in this section now, or?

I'll click into General Diet and Weight Loss Help, and this thread is just not there, anywhere.

It has been popping up in the main feed lately just when we post. Some of us keep it alive. We love new posters! Welcome!
  • Kitty_Nikki
    Kitty_Nikki Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    OK, I might as well add a confession of my own. I sometimes use my diet as an excuse to not go to certain social events when the reality is that I just don't want to go. I know if I say I can't go because I am trying to lose weight that my friends/family won't be insensitive enough to keep pushing. If I just say no I get pestered until I finally agree.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    OK, I might as well add a confession of my own. I sometimes use my diet as an excuse to not go to certain social events when the reality is that I just don't want to go. I know if I say I can't go because I am trying to lose weight that my friends/family won't be insensitive enough to keep pushing. If I just say no I get pestered until I finally agree.

Smart lady ;)
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    That post a couple pages back about leaving a teenage couple alone in the house? Yeah, drama is happening. Not as in OMG I'm gonna be a grandad (thankfully) but the two of them are learning some valuable lessons. Even better, the hickey session didn't happen at my house, but at the girlfriend's so my parenting shortcoming is not at issue.

Hickeys are stupid. I thought that when I was 16 and I think it's the same now.

Carry on!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    nuffer wrote: »
    That post a couple pages back about leaving a teenage couple alone in the house? Yeah, drama is happening. Not as in OMG I'm gonna be a grandad (thankfully) but the two of them are learning some valuable lessons. Even better, the hickey session didn't happen at my house, but at the girlfriend's so my parenting shortcoming is not at issue.

Carry on!

Yes they are! And uh oh! Do you have the boy or the girl?
  • Oberon21
    Options

I like this excuse!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

Carry on!

It sounds like he has the boy..he said not at his house but at the gf's house. ..right?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

Carry on!

It sounds like he has the boy..he said not at his house but at the gf's house. ..right?

Ahh. Hence the not too much anger on the hickey.
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Fursian wrote: »
    Question, why doesn't this thread show in General Diet and Weight Loss Help, when it says that it IS in General Diet and Weight Loss Help, was this thread moved and just "ghosts" in this section now, or?

I'll click into General Diet and Weight Loss Help, and this thread is just not there, anywhere.

It has been popping up in the main feed lately just when we post. Some of us keep it alive. We love new posters! Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome, @pofoster21! :)
  • Myles_104
    Myles_104 Posts: 91 Member
    Options

I would be annoyed by that. In fact, they'd probably have to sedate me.

PS welcome to posting and I really hope you get better quickly.

Thanks. My husband has been throwing new movies and yarn (so I can knit) at me to keep me from breaking the Dr's no housework rule.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Myles_104 wrote: »

Thanks. My husband has been throwing new movies and yarn (so I can knit) at me to keep me from breaking the Dr's no housework rule.

When can you run again? And your post keeps appearing like it's ghosted out for me so weird.
  • Myles_104
    Options

When can you run again? And your post keeps appearing like it's ghosted out for me so weird.

That's odd? I have to see a neurosurgeon before I can get the ok to run. I hope its soon, but I'm not holding my breath (great that in canada I can see the dr without having to mortgage my house, but the waits are a bit crazy).
  • CosmoTI
    CosmoTI Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I confess that I'm refusing to move from the couch today solely because my fitbit has given me a rash so I've had to take it off. I refuse to take steps if they aren't counted!!( it's possible I have a fitbit addiction)
  • Oberon21
    Options

That's odd? I have to see a neurosurgeon before I can get the ok to run. I hope its soon, but I'm not holding my breath (great that in canada I can see the dr without having to mortgage my house, but the waits are a bit crazy).

Still ghosted out. So odd. That is a bummer. Which marathon are you training for?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    I confess that I'm refusing to move from the couch today solely because my fitbit has given me a rash so I've had to take it off. I refuse to take steps if they aren't counted!!( it's possible I have a fitbit addiction)

Nice... I am addicted too. Not that I am getting many steps these days.
  • Myles_104
    edited January 2016
    Options

Still ghosted out. So odd. That is a bummer. Which marathon are you training for?

I was training for the Manitoba Marathon, but only a half. My goal was to to the Disney World Challenge after I proved I could run a half. I was also training for the Mud Hero Run as well. :) I wonder if I need to post in the introduction section? (RE:being ghosted out. Edited for clarity)
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

Carry on!

Yup, the male half of the teen hormones lives at my house.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Myles, trying again without the thread to see if it eliminates the ghosting. I just did the Dopey Challenge. I love marathoning... when is the Manitoba Marathon?
  • Myles_104
    Options
    The Manitoba Marathon is Fathers Day weekend. Obviously in Manitoba (canada,) Winnipeg to be exact. I love running too, but kinda scared to do a marathon.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

That is a strategy that never worked with my husband's family. They badgered until I agreed to go anyway. Then they all try to make me eat mire than I want or things I don't want. Then they wonder how I could lose and keep off weight when they can't.
    My own family just takes no for answer. Although, we only get together 3-4 times a year and I almost always go and eat my way. They are fine with that - more for them. They know why they can't lose weight and don't care.