Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Well, I skimmed most of the pages I missed, I'm back now. Lots of work travel the past few weeks.

I'm a little freaked out this week, I'm going in for a colonoscopy on Thursday. Fun prep day tomorrow.
    No, I'm not old enough for it to be needed, but there is a TON of colon cancer in my family, so I'm being safe.

I missed commenting on a ton of things, but just know that I care deeply and I'm going to try to do a better job of keeping up even when I'm on the road.

I am way behind on all my checkups. I put myself on the back burner while my kid got treatment, so now I get to play catch up on all those check ups which probably needs to include a colonoscopy too. Lots of fun the rest of the year for me!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Stopping by to say fitbit ordered. In purple! 35% off!

@susieqhusband get cracking... she needs that Fitbit. ;)

Yay!!! Be sure to post your email in the Fitbit thread when it arrives! :)
    @spacequiztime, sorry about your alleriges...my husband struggles every year too. :(
    @ShibaEars, some people have posted their Fitbit names and/or what their picture looks like if you look in the Fitbit thread...I was having a hard time too!
    ETA:
    @rungirl1973, good luck!
    Also, has anyone seen or heard from @BZAH10 ...she has been MIA for the past few days...did I miss a vacation announcement?

She liked an update of mine today so I know she is around. Maybe too busy? I was going to message her but saw that do knew she was safe.
  • crosbylee
    Options
    Well, I skimmed most of the pages I missed, I'm back now. Lots of work travel the past few weeks.

I'm a little freaked out this week, I'm going in for a colonoscopy on Thursday. Fun prep day tomorrow.
    No, I'm not old enough for it to be needed, but there is a TON of colon cancer in my family, so I'm being safe.

I missed commenting on a ton of things, but just know that I care deeply and I'm going to try to do a better job of keeping up even when I'm on the road.

Yay, you're back!! :) I hope the colonoscopy results come back perfectly fine. :) How do you prep for a colonoscopy exactly? :o

By taking big doses of laxitives that make you set up camp in the bathroom for 24 hours beforehand, while only drinking clear fluid.
    I had a tray table with my laptop/Netflix happening in there lol.

Good suggestion. I may have to steal that one when the time comes. :/
  • crosbylee
    Options

Now I'm jealous of all of you with your Fitbits! @LBuehrle8 and I are the only ones with Jawbone UP 24s. I actually really like my Jawbone so not complaining, but now wishing I had a Fitbit!

Just post your Jawbone steps on the Fitbit thread in the group!! We love all activity trackers!!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

I am way behind on all my checkups. I put myself on the back burner while my kid got treatment, so now I get to play catch up on all those check ups which probably needs to include a colonoscopy too. Lots of fun the rest of the year for me!

Oh yeah, fun times. Next up is a mammogram. And then, I get to start with the dentist. Ugh.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

Oh yeah, fun times. Next up is a mammogram. And then, I get to start with the dentist. Ugh.

I'm behind on my dentist appointments (about a year and half since I last went). I actually don't mind going, I've never had a cavity so it's usually an OK experience, but for some reason I dread making the appointment. I think it's fear that at some point I'm likely to have a cavity and drills and needles in my mouth freak me out.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Confession: The Brits meeting up in real life has made me jealous!

I forget where folks are from, specifically (I think I have everybody's country down, and some of the US states), so I'll just ask!

Any body in the Philadelphia/South Jersey/North Delaware area? We should get together! It could also be expanded into Eastern PA, North Jersey, and maybe even Northeast Maryland. Depends who is willing to make a trek. ;)

I am! New Jersey. I go to Philadelphia often enough. It's only like 45 min from me. Do you run at all? Maybe we could meet and run or walk a 5k? Or walk in the park. I am up for it! I just hope you're not like....I don't like her in real life! (Assuming you like me in virtual life of course!)
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    @TigerNY128 is the tiger in your name a clemson thing then?

If it is, I'll have to try to put that aside. ;)
    Die hard Carolina Gamecocks fan here!

@raelynnsmama52512
    Ugh...and to think, I accepted your friend request! Lol, just kidding! :)

Lmao! Clemson is pretty good, I'll give y'all that, but that's about it haha! I mean, y'all did end our winning streak last year.... :cry:
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Scale victory(?): Still working to get the water weight off from...less ideal choices over the weekend (delicious things are never a poor choice), but gaining said extra weight did NOT put me back up over 150! (I was right at my recorded low on Saturday morning, so I'm hoping to be lower by the time this clears)

Confession: Back to wishing I could get to the gym before work in the morning instead of the super-busy late afternoon, but that just means getting up SO early, and it ruins me on the weekends (I want to go to bed at like, 8pm). I'm WAY less motivated in the evenings.

Me too. I promise myself I will go in the evening but it never happens. It must be in the am.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    I've got plantar fasciitis, every walking movement currently hurts. I may try and tempt fate by doing some weights and see how that works out...

Would seated upper body weight lifting work to fill the void? Or some sort of mat work that wouldn't bother your feet?

A friend used to roll one of those nubbly laundry ball things under the sole of her foot, that seemed to help. Cheaper than the official foot massage balls they sell in health stores too.

I'm thinking I'm really lucky, I don't have any dating horror stories, probably because I had a habit of getting involved with guys I already knew socially. Just later in life when I was dating unknowns, I had a run of what I called The Bolters. We'd go for a simple coffee together then the guy would suddenly come up with some lame excuse and cut the date short. One guy, we're sitting in Tim Hortons and he was looking at a sign advertising their latest special sandwich... abruptly announces that looking at the sandwich was making him hungry and he had to go eat. Like, right away.

I was starting to develop a complex... was it something I said? Halitosis? Huge blemish suddenly sprout on my face?

That is funny but that would freak me out too.

Have I mentioned I am glad I don't date?
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Confession: The Brits meeting up in real life has made me jealous!

I forget where folks are from, specifically (I think I have everybody's country down, and some of the US states), so I'll just ask!

Any body in the Philadelphia/South Jersey/North Delaware area? We should get together! It could also be expanded into Eastern PA, North Jersey, and maybe even Northeast Maryland. Depends who is willing to make a trek. ;)

I am! New Jersey. I go to Philadelphia often enough. It's only like 45 min from me. Do you run at all? Maybe we could meet and run or walk a 5k? Or walk in the park. I am up for it! I just hope you're not like....I don't like her in real life! (Assuming you like me in virtual life of course!)

yay for Jersey!!! I went to Seton Hall for undergrad :) (No one here in MI even knows the school unless they're basketball fans). I've told DH I would live near the Pine Barrens in a hot second. He does not share my enthusiasm :/
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin, I think I may be the special snowflake on here haha
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Omg T-2 days until Darius Rucker! I'm thinking about getting a new outfit today for it, if I can convince RaelynnsDaddy to go shop with me haha! ;)

Make sure you scream HOOTIE. He looooves that. Ask me how I know. o:)>:)

:laugh: will do

Actually, DR haaates that. So unless you want the stink eye, don't do it! (DR was at a benefit and my friend got hammered and kept calling him Hootie all night, DR was not amused... but I sure as hell was!)

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

I'm behind on my dentist appointments (about a year and half since I last went). I actually don't mind going, I've never had a cavity so it's usually an OK experience, but for some reason I dread making the appointment. I think it's fear that at some point I'm likely to have a cavity and drills and needles in my mouth freak me out.

I messed up my teeth in my 20's (bulimia). They're full of fillings. I just hate trying to find a new dentist and probably haven't been in 2 years (2 moves).

• Oberon21
    Options
    Hey. I've already deleted my post.. it was one of those panicky things and I got embarrassed straight away. You don't need to delete yours though.. I'm sorry you went through that.. You're right the world we live in is twisted. I sometimes wonder how people end up in such an evil way.

My Grandma's just went in for the shunt operation which will drain some of the fluid off her brain. Just waiting to see how that turns out. Thankyou for your response :)

Hope everything goes well with your grandma's surgery. We are always here to listen. (Hugs)

I've just heard it went okay. Will be allowed in to see her in a couple of hours.

Aww this thread is the most amazing place.. Everyone is so supportive :)

Still reading backwards to catch up but glad the surgery went well. We are here for you!
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options

I messed up my teeth in my 20's (bulimia). They're full of fillings. I just hate trying to find a new dentist and probably haven't been in 2 years (2 moves).

Yep my teeth are like swiss cheese :( I've spent (at last tally) $15k out of pocket just since March 1st this year, on root canals/crowns, fillings, all of it. I go Thursday for 3 more fillings, I just had 3 done last Friday, and I think I have 4 remaining until everything is done.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Original Poster who I will not identify for her sake, I'm glad I read it. I will reply with thoughts of my experience (and for those of you reading my experience is not at all the same, but something in what I'm saying may help her or someone else)

You have dealt with a lot. It does not matter what your orientation is in so far as what happened was in NO way, shape or form any fault of your own. At All. You are blameless. (HUGE HUGS). I am so sorry that you had the experiences you did.

**WARNING FOR THOSE WHO MIGHT BE TRIGGERED BY VIOLENCE - SKIP THE REST OF THIS POST PLEASE, THE LAST THING I WANT TO DO IS UPSET SOMEONE**

When I was 20 I met an acquaintance through a co-worker. He was a wealthy physician. He invited me to a barbecue. I was in no way attracted to him but I thought he was just being friendly and he was "known" so I said yes. I was drugged (the date rape drug) and have no recollection of what happened, but why would I be drugged if nothing happened?

The same year I was taken by two men in a situation where I thought there was a good chance I'd be killed and I was raped by one. I talked my way out of being raped by the second. I talked the first into a condom. I talked my way into being let go. I was shaken and I (kick myself for this one now) chalked it up to a hard learning experience and I moved on without reporting it and without telling anyone. Until 10 years later someone threatened by then 2 year old daughter. I took care of that situation IMMEDIATELY and have entirely put that person out of my life. I had flashbacks. I had nightmares. I sought counseling and was told I had PTSD. Counseling really helped me enormously. I reframed the incident so that I was strong and did everything I could to protect myself. I worked through the issues and I have not had issues since and that has been a number of years ago. Please seek counseling. Call the hotline number that you see for victims of ___ crimes even if you feel it does not apply to you because they can put you in touch with counselors. HUGE HUGE HUGS.

The first few counselors I saw were batty, find one you can work with. What happened does not define me nor do I think about it often. It is now just a tiny moment in time. You will get there. I believe in you and your bright future.

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry for this experience. I have nothing to say. Hugs.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options

Woop woop!!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Omg T-2 days until Darius Rucker! I'm thinking about getting a new outfit today for it, if I can convince RaelynnsDaddy to go shop with me haha! ;)

Make sure you scream HOOTIE. He looooves that. Ask me how I know. o:)>:)

How do you know?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Ok so it's 2 am and of course I am awake due to messed up travel schedule. Ok....

Yesterday :smile:

I studied on plane (win)
    Only 6274 steps (loss)
    No running (loss)
    No alcohol (win).

Today:
    Study on plane home
    10k steps
    Run 1 hour
    No alcohol

Sounds like you won both days!!!

You are so sweet. :)