Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Aww, total warm fuzzies! Thank you, guys. :) By the way, does it bother anyone that I'm essentially referring to a group of women as "guys"? Because it's just the way I've always used that word growing up, so I use it automatically. :D

Yes! I'm very offended! Just kidding! I waver between y'all (living in SC for 17 years) and you guys (grew up in IL) depending on the situation, but prefer you guys!

I'm also in SC!

What part?!?! :D

Greenville!

I'm in Laurens, I'm in Greenville a lot lol!!! :smiley:

You are not far at all from me!!

We should meet up somewhere lol! (That didn't sound too creeptastic did it?)

Couple pages behind, but me too! We drove through Sumter National forest on Father's Day weekend and I thought of you, @raelynnsmama52512!

Aww, well thank you!! :)
    RaelynnsDaddy is currently in Columbia for a meeting. We've been contemplating a return trip to riverbanks zoo in the near future for Raelynn lol!

ETA: We should meet up too! I'm about an hour/hour and a half from Columbia and Greenville lol! We're in the middle, in the most boring town (they call it a city for some reason) ever haha!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    Omg T-2 days until Darius Rucker! I'm thinking about getting a new outfit today for it, if I can convince RaelynnsDaddy to go shop with me haha! ;)
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Ok so it's 2 am and of course I am awake due to messed up travel schedule. Ok....

Yesterday :smile:

I studied on plane (win)
    Only 6274 steps (loss)
    No running (loss)
    No alcohol (win).

Today:
    Study on plane home
    10k steps
    Run 1 hour
    No alcohol

Yay, 2 out of 4 is awesome! I'm actually having trouble REMEMBERING what daily goals I made, but I'll try:
    - A minimum of 30 minutes of exercise (60 minutes done!)
    - Housework (Almost fully done! Big win there...)
    - Stay within my calories (HUGE yes--I had 600 left at 2.45 A.M. the next day, which I used for ice cream ;))
    - Drink at least 2 liters--8 cups--of water (Fail. I got around 5 cups or 1.25 liters)
    - Climb the apartment building stairs from the bottom floor to the fourth at least once (Fail. Big chicken. Cluck cluck cluck...)
    - Write motivational sticky notes (Fail. No excuse but laziness.)

I think I remembered them all. Today's goals:
    - 30-60 minutes of exercise
    - Meet my calorie goal
    - DRINK THE STUPID WATER ALREADY. :p
    - Steal my husband's sticky notes and write motivational things on them.
    - Finish up the housework and laundry (looking at you, big pile of ironing!)
    - Do the stair thing! I can do it!

Ok I am about to head out on my run... you head down the stairs. We'll do it together!

I DID IT!!! I went down cautiously at first and saw that nobody was outside of the apartments, so I went all out: I CLIMBED NINE FLIGHTS OF STAIRS!!!! :smiley:

I admit that I was lazy and went down in the elevator the second time, then climbed back up the three flights, took the elevator back down, repeat. :p At least I did the "up" part, right? ;)

The "up" part is the hardest part so that all sounds like a victory to me! Way to go!
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    confession: i'm attempting to "date" again...and it's seemingly terrible. i think staying home, getting drunk and dancing around my kitchen with the dogs might be a way better option.

went out with a dude on saturday evening. went to a local bar for beverages and chatting, and had a really fun time. i'd had a few dates previously that were kinda meh, so i thought ok cool, finally a fun time!

have some beverages, play a bunch of songs on the jukebox (are they still called that?), lots of fun convo and eventually the evening wears down and it's time to call it a night. and dude's like oh, i'm having such a good time with you, let's go back to your place to "snuggle" for a while. (and yes, he literally said snuggle).

ummm...no?
    and he starts to get all huffy about it. and i'm like dude, i had a lot of fun on this FIRST date, but i think there should be a few more before i'm inviting you back to my place. and he starts freaking out, wanting to know how i couldn't trust him, he's such a good guy and just liked being with me so much he didn't see what the big deal was. he just wants to hold me and snuggle for awhile! so we argue back and forth about it for a few minutes and finally i say i'm done, have a good night and leave.

seriously? yeah because trying to guilt me into letting you come over to my place is an AWESOME first date.

then i get home and i have all these msg's from him saying he's leaving the dating website he found me on because he just can't handle how ppl are, and what was my problem that i couldn't trust him?!

well duh, we live in the same area, of course that makes him trustworthy!

sigh... :s

But, he is just trying to be nice! After you said no, by repeatedly trying to make you change your mind and then calling up and trying to manipulate you further! Isn't that attractive?! Why isn't that attractive?

On the bright side at least he let the crazy out early so now you know and can avoid him. Also, if he is telling the truth he is rather helpfully leaving the site you're on so you don't have to.

B)
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    @TigerNY128 is the tiger in your name a clemson thing then?
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Omg T-2 days until Darius Rucker! I'm thinking about getting a new outfit today for it, if I can convince RaelynnsDaddy to go shop with me haha! ;)

Make sure you scream HOOTIE. He looooves that. Ask me how I know. o:)>:)
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Well, I skimmed most of the pages I missed, I'm back now. Lots of work travel the past few weeks.

I'm a little freaked out this week, I'm going in for a colonoscopy on Thursday. Fun prep day tomorrow.
    No, I'm not old enough for it to be needed, but there is a TON of colon cancer in my family, so I'm being safe.

I missed commenting on a ton of things, but just know that I care deeply and I'm going to try to do a better job of keeping up even when I'm on the road.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Yesterday was kind of a crappy day. My allergies have been at their worst since it's been rainy and it's not helping anything. :/
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    My goals for today:
    -Keep to my calorie goal.
    -Drink at least 8 cups of water.
    -Get closer to the 10,000 step goal for the day.

I am getting closer, but still not getting enough in during the day. I guess I need to walk laps around my house at night.

When I first got my fitbit that's what I was doing - laps and/ or dancing on the commercial breaks.
    If I'm bored or it's a lazy day, I'll walk around the house while browsing the Internet on my phone.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I had a bunch of friend requests on fitbit (thank you!) and I accepted them, but then I realized I'm not sure who's who from here lol
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Well, I skimmed most of the pages I missed, I'm back now. Lots of work travel the past few weeks.

I'm a little freaked out this week, I'm going in for a colonoscopy on Thursday. Fun prep day tomorrow.
    No, I'm not old enough for it to be needed, but there is a TON of colon cancer in my family, so I'm being safe.

I missed commenting on a ton of things, but just know that I care deeply and I'm going to try to do a better job of keeping up even when I'm on the road.

Yay, you're back!! :) I hope the colonoscopy results come back perfectly fine. :) How do you prep for a colonoscopy exactly? :o
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I had a bunch of friend requests on fitbit (thank you!) and I accepted them, but then I realized I'm not sure who's who from here lol

I'm Tammy. I'm wearing a cowboy hat in my pic on Fitbit.

And now, I'm going to walk over to the grocery store and pick up lunch rather than ordering from the delivery service because of you people and all your steps.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Stopping by to say fitbit ordered. In purple! 35% off!

@susieqhusband get cracking... she needs that Fitbit. ;)
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Stopping by to say fitbit ordered. In purple! 35% off!

@susieqhusband get cracking... she needs that Fitbit. ;)

Whooo!!! That's awesome!!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    @TigerNY128 is the tiger in your name a clemson thing then?

If it is, I'll have to try to put that aside. ;)
    Die hard Carolina Gamecocks fan here!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »

Make sure you scream HOOTIE. He looooves that. Ask me how I know. o:)>:)

:laugh: will do
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    So, weighed myself this morning, and apparently I'm down 6 pounds from yesterday. Probably just water weight, considering I haven't slept at all since Sunday night, and I was in and out of the bathroom all night. ;)

Any loss is welcomed, though!! :D
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

I'm Tammy. I'm wearing a cowboy hat in my pic on Fitbit.

And now, I'm going to walk over to the grocery store and pick up lunch rather than ordering from the delivery service because of you people and all your steps.

I'm Cindy. You can see my forehead and some shades.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Confession:

I haven't been swimming in nearly two weeks. My hips started hurting 2 or 3 weeks ago and swimming made it worse. So I decided to hold off until my hips stopped aching, but they haven't. Anytime I walk or am active for more than 20 minutes, my hips ache at the back. Sometimes the pain shoots down my leg.

I'm a bit worried that if this is pregnancy related (it seems an awful lot like pelvic girdle pain), then there go all my good plans of staying fit throughout. Especially as I am only just ending the first trimester - I have a long way to go! If it's not better in another 4 weeks (when I next see the midwife) I will ask for her advice. I did not expect sore bones this early on and it's getting me down a little, but then I feel guilty because this was super wanted and planned and I know some people would love to be in my place. But hip pain for the next 6.5 months does not fill me with joy. That's not what they show on the clear blue commercials!

Tl;dr - I haven't been swimming and I'm an ungrateful grump.

Try a maternity girdle (think that's what they are called). You can buy them at Babies R Us here, but not sure if you have those there. I had really bad hip pain when I was pregnant with #2 and wore one most of my second and third trimester. Also I got a note from my doctor to say that I could wear tennis shoes because we are required to wear dress shoes at my job. The combination made my life a little easier. Hope that helps!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

Good luck!

I had one last year and the DR was an asshat so it sucked!

I hear normally they are not bad though.......
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Confession:

I haven't been swimming in nearly two weeks. My hips started hurting 2 or 3 weeks ago and swimming made it worse. So I decided to hold off until my hips stopped aching, but they haven't. Anytime I walk or am active for more than 20 minutes, my hips ache at the back. Sometimes the pain shoots down my leg.

I'm a bit worried that if this is pregnancy related (it seems an awful lot like pelvic girdle pain), then there go all my good plans of staying fit throughout. Especially as I am only just ending the first trimester - I have a long way to go! If it's not better in another 4 weeks (when I next see the midwife) I will ask for her advice. I did not expect sore bones this early on and it's getting me down a little, but then I feel guilty because this was super wanted and planned and I know some people would love to be in my place. But hip pain for the next 6.5 months does not fill me with joy. That's not what they show on the clear blue commercials!

Tl;dr - I haven't been swimming and I'm an ungrateful grump.

Try a maternity girdle (think that's what they are called). You can buy them at Babies R Us here, but not sure if you have those there. I had really bad hip pain when I was pregnant with #2 and wore one most of my second and third trimester. Also I got a note from my doctor to say that I could wear tennis shoes because we are required to wear dress shoes at my job. The combination made my life a little easier. Hope that helps!

I have to agree here. I have degenerative disc disease, a bulging disc, and part of my pelvis and spine is fused together on my right side (apparently some undetected birth defect I didn't learn about until 17). Pregnancy was hell (excuse the word Susie! Sorry!) for me. Hope you get some relief soon!