Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    bw_conway wrote: »
    I had planned on getting up at 4:30 and going to the rec center to swim...but just didn't. I was awake, an just laid there until my alarm went off to go to get up for work. Now I get to dwell on my lack of discipline all day :(

Look at it as a win for being awake. Tomorrow's goal is get out of bed. The day after, to put clothes on. I've tried setting my alarm for stupid AM. I just switch it off and go back to sleep.

When I first started working out in the morning, I put my alarm clock across the room so I had to get out of bed to turn it off. Two and a half months later, I'm used to getting up at 5 and it's not a struggle anymore.

I've tried that :( and downloading those alarms where you have to solve a puzzle or scan a barcode for the alarm to shut off, all to no avail. I am now at the conclusion that i am not a morning person, so no amount of tricks is going to make it happen.

This is me. My hubby gets up and runs at 4:30am. The only thing that gets me out of bed is that I'm competitive. I can't let him get training that I don't get. It wouldn't be fair.

I need someone to run with :( Mrs S doesn't do mornings any more than I do and she doesn't run, ever.

I need someone to kick my butt out of bed these days. I did make it running yesterday!

Want me to call you at 5 am when I get up?? :smiley:
  • southerman46
    southerman46 Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I confess that I have been sneaking conversation hearts and dove chocolate and I am not dropping weight to be faster for my next half :(

Guess that is how this works right?
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I had planned on getting up at 4:30 and going to the rec center to swim...but just didn't. I was awake, an just laid there until my alarm went off to go to get up for work. Now I get to dwell on my lack of discipline all day :(

Look at it as a win for being awake. Tomorrow's goal is get out of bed. The day after, to put clothes on. I've tried setting my alarm for stupid AM. I just switch it off and go back to sleep.

When I first started working out in the morning, I put my alarm clock across the room so I had to get out of bed to turn it off. Two and a half months later, I'm used to getting up at 5 and it's not a struggle anymore.

I've tried that :( and downloading those alarms where you have to solve a puzzle or scan a barcode for the alarm to shut off, all to no avail. I am now at the conclusion that i am not a morning person, so no amount of tricks is going to make it happen.

This is me. My hubby gets up and runs at 4:30am. The only thing that gets me out of bed is that I'm competitive. I can't let him get training that I don't get. It wouldn't be fair.

I need someone to run with :( Mrs S doesn't do mornings any more than I do and she doesn't run, ever.

I need someone to kick my butt out of bed these days. I did make it running yesterday!

I did get my 5am strength training in this morning:

Standing One-Arm Dumbbell Curl
    Dumbbell Row, One-Arm, Bent-Over
    Triceps Extension
    Seated, Low Lat Pull-In, Two-Arm
    Lat Pulldown
    Abdominal crunch - seated machine
    Kettlebell swings
    Preacher Bench Medium-Grip Barbell Curl
    Abdominal Extension
    Leg Extension
    Leg Curls
    Leg Press
  • Myles_104
    Myles_104 Posts: 91 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    In honor of my 8000th post and page 1700 I have changed my username. FYI.

I noticed that! and yet quotes are still showing your as POFoster21

Actually, I see Oberon21 in this quote... maybe older quotes before I changed don't change?

Ah maybe. I thought they were new posts because your name/avatar was oberon

I meant older as in seconds or days before I changed??

You are Oberon WAY back in 1034 ;)I haven't come across any quotes tho. You are still POFoster21 in quotes :)

And yay for running. You can do 7-10 miles for me. lol. If I were allowed, today is my 10 miler day. I'll have to settle for walking a few miles on the slow, uninclined treadmill (I'm allowed that and slow swimming as per my dr. )

I confess to being done one leg warmer that I made WAY too big so its a thigh high and is way bulky, but should be warm. Took me a week, Even wove in my ends. Now I have to start the second one. I think its awesome. If I figure out how to post pics I will.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I confess that I have been sneaking conversation hearts and dove chocolate and I am not dropping weight to be faster for my next half :(

Yep! Its even more exciting if you throw the candy off a bridge, bury it in the manure pile at the barn, drown it in acid or mix it with dog food to stop yourself from eating it.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Ha, most days I am up before 5... but not very motivated. And sometimes I just feed the cats and go to back bed...I text Tammy at 5:30 (when I remember!!!). But we can text! Send me your number and I'll send you mine!

ETA: I used to get up nearly every day at 3:30 am I just can't seem to do it anymore.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Myles_104 wrote: »

Actually, I see Oberon21 in this quote... maybe older quotes before I changed don't change?

You are Oberon WAY back in 1034 ;) I haven't come across any quotes tho.

And yay for running. You can do 7-10 miles for me. lol. If I were allowed, today is my 10 miler day. I'll have to settle for walking a few miles on the slow, uninclined treadmill (I'm allowed that and slow swimming as per my dr. )

I confess to being done one leg warmer that I made WAY too big so its a thigh high and is way bulky, but should be warm. Took me a week, Even wove in my ends. Now I have to start the second one. I think its awesome. If I figure out how to post pics I will.

I'm nursing a foot injury, plantar fasciitis that won't go away. I used to run about 25-30 miles a week, now I don't run at all. I have filled the cardio void with swimming, hitting the heavy bag, spinning, and HIIT, and of course, eating less to remain in maintenance (which is unfortunate)! But nothing takes the place of running, it was basically my church and psychiatrist's couch. I have been doing rehab and wearing shoe inserts, and have a follow up with a podiatrist in early March, so hopefully I will be back in time for spring.
  • Myles_104
    edited January 2016
    Options

I'm nursing a foot injury, plantar fasciitis that won't go away. I used to run about 25-30 miles a week, now I don't run at all. I have filled the cardio void with swimming, hitting the heavy bag, spinning, and HIIT, and of course, eating less to remain in maintenance (which is unfortunate)! But nothing takes the place of running, it was basically my church and psychiatrist's couch. I have been doing rehab and wearing shoe inserts, and have a follow up with a podiatrist in early March, so hopefully I will be back in time for spring.
    THIS! Exactly. Except, I have Spinal Stenosis, and herniated disks and I need to wait for the neurosurgeon to decide whether or not I need surgical decompression of the spine. :( no HIIT, no heavy bags, I can't even bend and tie my sons skates.
    I was up to 25 miles a week, as well as 10+ miles of walking as well (I live in a tiny town, so I don't drive anywhere) And so this inactivity thing just SUCKS.

I'm very scared that since I can't be as active as I was I'm going to regain all the weight I lost plus friends. Or I'm going to lose muscle tone, and be skinny flabby
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Ouch! My sister and brother in law had that. I feel yah on running. I wasn't able to run for half of last year and started getting very antsy.

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,451 Member
    Options

You got it! ;)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Yep! Its even more exciting if you throw the candy off a bridge, bury it in the manure pile at the barn, drown it in acid or mix it with dog food to stop yourself from eating it.

Definitely wouldn't want to dig the candy out of the manure pile.

:#
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Yup!

Welcome to the thread.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

Awww, I would let you borrow my dog. She is a good running buddy. One time, I went without her because she was limping a little so let her rest and all. I thought I would enjoy it more since I wouldn't have to stop for her to do her "business" but nope, missed her.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

Twinsies!

We so are! On lots of things

:smiley:
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

Ha, most days I am up before 5... but not very motivated. And sometimes I just feed the cats and go to back bed...I text Tammy at 5:30 (when I remember!!!). But we can text! Send me your number and I'll send you mine!

ETA: I used to get up nearly every day at 3:30 am I just can't seem to do it anymore.

LOL! So, @TigerNY128 will text @Oberon21 to get up and text me. And then one or all of us need to nag @orangesmartie later in the evening when it is HER morning time to run. I'm in Central time zone, so it would be earlier for me...
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

I had a bad case in 2014. I got the injection in my foot, did a TON of stretching and wear inserts in my shoes and haven't had any problems since. I run anywhere between 0-50 miles per week. LOL
  • Myles_104
    Options
    @Oberon21 I am on page 1041, and saw pics of your renos. and I wanna say, I want your bathroom.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

LOL! So, @TigerNY128 will text @Oberon21 to get up and text me. And then one or all of us need to nag @orangesmartie later in the evening when it is HER morning time to run. I'm in Central time zone, so it would be earlier for me...

Haha! Yep!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I'm going out for cheese fries with a girlfriend of mine tonight. I plan on logging them even if they put me close to 1000+ calories over my daily calorie goal. #itsformygainz
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I'm going out for cheese fries with a girlfriend of mine tonight. I plan on logging them even if they put me close to 1000+ calories over my daily calorie goal. #itsformygainz

You have plenty of deficit to work with...