Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Myles_104 wrote: »
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    In honor of my 8000th post and page 1700 I have changed my username. FYI.

I noticed that! and yet quotes are still showing your as POFoster21

Actually, I see Oberon21 in this quote... maybe older quotes before I changed don't change?

Ah maybe. I thought they were new posts because your name/avatar was oberon

I meant older as in seconds or days before I changed??

You are Oberon WAY back in 1034 ;)I haven't come across any quotes tho. You are still POFoster21 in quotes :)

And yay for running. You can do 7-10 miles for me. lol. If I were allowed, today is my 10 miler day. I'll have to settle for walking a few miles on the slow, uninclined treadmill (I'm allowed that and slow swimming as per my dr. )

I confess to being done one leg warmer that I made WAY too big so its a thigh high and is way bulky, but should be warm. Took me a week, Even wove in my ends. Now I have to start the second one. I think its awesome. If I figure out how to post pics I will.

I giggled at the image of a single, extra long leg warmer. :smiley: I'm picturing vivid eighties colors.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    bw_conway wrote: »

Actually, I see Oberon21 in this quote... maybe older quotes before I changed don't change?

You are Oberon WAY back in 1034 ;) I haven't come across any quotes tho.

And yay for running. You can do 7-10 miles for me. lol. If I were allowed, today is my 10 miler day. I'll have to settle for walking a few miles on the slow, uninclined treadmill (I'm allowed that and slow swimming as per my dr. )

I confess to being done one leg warmer that I made WAY too big so its a thigh high and is way bulky, but should be warm. Took me a week, Even wove in my ends. Now I have to start the second one. I think its awesome. If I figure out how to post pics I will.

I'm nursing a foot injury, plantar fasciitis that won't go away. I used to run about 25-30 miles a week, now I don't run at all. I have filled the cardio void with swimming, hitting the heavy bag, spinning, and HIIT, and of course, eating less to remain in maintenance (which is unfortunate)! But nothing takes the place of running, it was basically my church and psychiatrist's couch. I have been doing rehab and wearing shoe inserts, and have a follow up with a podiatrist in early March, so hopefully I will be back in time for spring.

I had a bad case in 2014. I got the injection in my foot, did a TON of stretching and wear inserts in my shoes and haven't had any problems since. I run anywhere between 0-50 miles per week. LOL

I signed up for three races today, including the Tucson marathon. I'm still just building endurance and mileage slowly. Two miles on a 2.5% incline today. I am excited. I also finally told SO that I'm doing it. He is fully on board as consultant and coach. Yay!!! First up, a five K next month. A 10 K in March (or early April, I have to look) and I'm looking over some halfs in the summer months. There is one called "bucket of blood" (YIKES).
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I'm going out for cheese fries with a girlfriend of mine tonight. I plan on logging them even if they put me close to 1000+ calories over my daily calorie goal. #itsformygainz

Enjoy it, you deserve a break and some girlfriend time.
  • nonoelmo
    Options

I'm nursing a foot injury, plantar fasciitis that won't go away. I used to run about 25-30 miles a week, now I don't run at all. I have filled the cardio void with swimming, hitting the heavy bag, spinning, and HIIT, and of course, eating less to remain in maintenance (which is unfortunate)! But nothing takes the place of running, it was basically my church and psychiatrist's couch. I have been doing rehab and wearing shoe inserts, and have a follow up with a podiatrist in early March, so hopefully I will be back in time for spring.
    THIS! Exactly. Except, I have Spinal Stenosis, and herniated disks and I need to wait for the neurosurgeon to decide whether or not I need surgical decompression of the spine. :( no HIIT, no heavy bags, I can't even bend and tie my sons skates.
    I was up to 25 miles a week, as well as 10+ miles of walking as well (I live in a tiny town, so I don't drive anywhere) And so this inactivity thing just SUCKS.

I'm very scared that since I can't be as active as I was I'm going to regain all the weight I lost plus friends. Or I'm going to lose muscle tone, and be skinny flabby

I am rooting for no surgery and glad to read you can walk on the treadmill and swim. Bummer about not even being able to tie skates.

I agree with everything Mel said. I hope you are able to heal fully and quickly.
  • nonoelmo
    Options

You are Oberon WAY back in 1034 ;)I haven't come across any quotes tho. You are still POFoster21 in quotes :)

Totally post pics! The only sweater I ever fully knitted was huge. I totally made the stitches too loose so the size ended up like 3X what it was supposed to be... I gave it to my sister anyway. It was made with love...even if it was clown sized!

Tammy is doing all the running (rungirl) these days. She'll have to cover your 10 miler (although I am trying again!)

The sweatshirt I made in Home Ec was so hideous! I remember the sewing teacher was so mean in 7th grade & then practically did my whole project in 8th grade.

I wonder whatever happened to my sweatshirt? I'm sure I threw it in the garbage.

We had to do button down shirts. My top buttonholes were horrid. I'm sure it got turned to rags.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I had planned on getting up at 4:30 and going to the rec center to swim...but just didn't. I was awake, an just laid there until my alarm went off to go to get up for work. Now I get to dwell on my lack of discipline all day :(

Look at it as a win for being awake. Tomorrow's goal is get out of bed. The day after, to put clothes on. I've tried setting my alarm for stupid AM. I just switch it off and go back to sleep.

When I first started working out in the morning, I put my alarm clock across the room so I had to get out of bed to turn it off. Two and a half months later, I'm used to getting up at 5 and it's not a struggle anymore.

I've tried that :( and downloading those alarms where you have to solve a puzzle or scan a barcode for the alarm to shut off, all to no avail. I am now at the conclusion that i am not a morning person, so no amount of tricks is going to make it happen.

This is me. My hubby gets up and runs at 4:30am. The only thing that gets me out of bed is that I'm competitive. I can't let him get training that I don't get. It wouldn't be fair.

I need someone to run with :( Mrs S doesn't do mornings any more than I do and she doesn't run, ever.

(this could be complete hogwash) Can you facetime and run with someone? Is that something you can do internationally? I am so ignorant on phone features and I have not facetimed (is that a word) in my life. (Head down, not a good suggestion.)
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

THIS! Exactly. Except, I have Spinal Stenosis, and herniated disks and I need to wait for the neurosurgeon to decide whether or not I need surgical decompression of the spine. :( no HIIT, no heavy bags, I can't even bend and tie my sons skates.
    I was up to 25 miles a week, as well as 10+ miles of walking as well (I live in a tiny town, so I don't drive anywhere) And so this inactivity thing just SUCKS.

I'm very scared that since I can't be as active as I was I'm going to regain all the weight I lost plus friends. Or I'm going to lose muscle tone, and be skinny flabby

Hi Myles! Are you north, south, east or west of Winterpeg? I'm in northwestern Ontario myself.

I'm sorry for your forced inactivity.
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »

Totally post pics! The only sweater I ever fully knitted was huge. I totally made the stitches too loose so the size ended up like 3X what it was supposed to be... I gave it to my sister anyway. It was made with love...even if it was clown sized!

Tammy is doing all the running (rungirl) these days. She'll have to cover your 10 miler (although I am trying again!)

The sweatshirt I made in Home Ec was so hideous! I remember the sewing teacher was so mean in 7th grade & then practically did my whole project in 8th grade.

I wonder whatever happened to my sweatshirt? I'm sure I threw it in the garbage.

We had to do button down shirts. My top buttonholes were horrid. I'm sure it got turned to rags.

I feel lucky - we only did pencil cases and aprons. I still have my apron - it is white with a pattern of tiny alligators wearing running shoes on it.
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »

No, that's awesome! Have you ever had a too big sweater? But it was the comfyest, cosyeat thing ever?

That was totally the thing in the 80's. To steal your dad's sweaters and wear them over stirrup pants.

Huge sweaters are the best.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options

I had a bad case in 2014. I got the injection in my foot, did a TON of stretching and wear inserts in my shoes and haven't had any problems since. I run anywhere between 0-50 miles per week. LOL

I'm glad to hear that, it is encouraging that you were able to fully recover like that! 0-50 is a nice range, it provides you with some flexibility, lol!
  • Myles_104
    Myles_104 Posts: 91 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »

Hi Myles! Are you north, south, east or west of Winterpeg? I'm in northwestern Ontario myself.

Hi Glinda, I'm just south of the Winterpeg, all my activities are in the city actually.

I'm a bit of a weirdo and when I hear Northwestern Ontario my mind goes to Atikoken. Am I close? lol.

and @Oberon21 nope, its a late 1970s style, but not vivid, I need to figure out how to get the pics on my phone on to here. (Finger crossed that worked)
    c34ulzw3goyn.jpg
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    @Myles_104 I like it! Very retro..
  • Myles_104
    Myles_104 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    @Myles_104 I like it! Very retro..

Thanks :) I was challenged to make it happen, so yeah, I did it. now I'm working on the other one. Got about 3 inches done.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I had planned on getting up at 4:30 and going to the rec center to swim...but just didn't. I was awake, an just laid there until my alarm went off to go to get up for work. Now I get to dwell on my lack of discipline all day :(

Look at it as a win for being awake. Tomorrow's goal is get out of bed. The day after, to put clothes on. I've tried setting my alarm for stupid AM. I just switch it off and go back to sleep.

When I first started working out in the morning, I put my alarm clock across the room so I had to get out of bed to turn it off. Two and a half months later, I'm used to getting up at 5 and it's not a struggle anymore.

I've tried that :( and downloading those alarms where you have to solve a puzzle or scan a barcode for the alarm to shut off, all to no avail. I am now at the conclusion that i am not a morning person, so no amount of tricks is going to make it happen.

This is me. My hubby gets up and runs at 4:30am. The only thing that gets me out of bed is that I'm competitive. I can't let him get training that I don't get. It wouldn't be fair.

I need someone to run with :( Mrs S doesn't do mornings any more than I do and she doesn't run, ever.

I need someone to kick my butt out of bed these days. I did make it running yesterday!

Want me to call you at 5 am when I get up?? :smiley:

Ha, most days I am up before 5... but not very motivated. And sometimes I just feed the cats and go to back bed...I text Tammy at 5:30 (when I remember!!!). But we can text! Send me your number and I'll send you mine!

ETA: I used to get up nearly every day at 3:30 am I just can't seem to do it anymore.

LOL! So, @TigerNY128 will text @Oberon21 to get up and text me. And then one or all of us need to nag @orangesmartie later in the evening when it is HER morning time to run. I'm in Central time zone, so it would be earlier for me...

Haha! Yep!

well you must not have bought into i i didn't get a note from you on texting you!

So far, I've been doing ok getting up!! If I ever start to struggle, you're the first one I'll notify!! Lol! :smiley:
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    We are coming up on our one year "confessions" anniversary, you guys. As in this Friday. Craziness! :heart:
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    We are coming up on our one year "confessions" anniversary, you guys. As in this Friday. Craziness! :heart:

<3.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

I need someone to kick my butt out of bed these days. I did make it running yesterday!

Want me to call you at 5 am when I get up?? :smiley:

Ha, most days I am up before 5... but not very motivated. And sometimes I just feed the cats and go to back bed...I text Tammy at 5:30 (when I remember!!!). But we can text! Send me your number and I'll send you mine!

ETA: I used to get up nearly every day at 3:30 am I just can't seem to do it anymore.

LOL! So, @TigerNY128 will text @Oberon21 to get up and text me. And then one or all of us need to nag @orangesmartie later in the evening when it is HER morning time to run. I'm in Central time zone, so it would be earlier for me...

That would be funny to try and do that...WAIT your in central timezone? I have been texting you at 4:30?

Yes! My husband has to be at work at 7:30, about an hour drive. We have to be out the door running at 5am. Thus, the 0430 wake-up for me.
    If I can get more consistent, it would make my life so much easier. I could also get to work earlier and get more done here.
  • Glinda1971
    Options

Hi Glinda, I'm just south of the Winterpeg, all my activities are in the city actually.

I'm a bit of a weirdo and when I hear Northwestern Ontario my mind goes to Atikoken. Am I close? lol.

and @Oberon21 nope, its a late 1970s style, but not vivid, I need to figure out how to get the pics on my phone on to here. (Finger crossed that worked)
    c34ulzw3goyn.jpg

About 2 hours away. I'm in Thunder Bay.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

c34ulzw3goyn.jpg

Reminds me of R2D2.
    Is that on purpose?

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »

<3.

I'll be celebrating by driving 500 miles to attend my daughter's spur of the moment wedding. :neutral: