Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,614 Member
    Options
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Marti and I am hoping to join your group. I am not new to FitnessPal, but it has been a while. This year I decided not make a New Year's Resolution, I am going to work on being healthy and possibly loose some weight in the process. I am watching what the serving size as well as what I eat and moving more. I have been entering my calories into the app for the past 5 days and I have been working out. One of my issues has been that I have a tendency to graze. We have a new puppy so I am busy with her and I am doing my crafts(knitting, beading, genealogy) to keep my hands busy.

Welcome Marti! This is a great group of ladies (all across the globe and at different phases of their weight loss journey's). Our normal amount of posts are about 150 a day! There is a lot of us! Portion control is a major key factor that is for sure! I have a weight scale and yep its my friend. It's one that I can change from oz to grams, etc. I usually just weigh everything out, making a plate of stuff I need to saute or whatever. I have a dry ease board in the kitchen and I just write it on there, and log my food at mid day to see what I have left for dinner. It's becoming easier, and I have a nice flow to my day.
    I used to graze in the evenings, but I have my container of brewed mint tea, and I just drink that. The kitchen is closed after 7 pm. No exceptions. If there is food left over from what I have fixed for husband and son I make THEM go in and container it up! I am hopeless when it comes to things like mashed potatoes and gravy.... I just don't put myself in that position anymore. I know what triggers me, and the spoon is NOT my friend when I have to put away left overs!
    Congrats on the new puppy! Many ladies here have puppies!
    Where are you from Marti?
    Have a great week!
    Sunshine Becca in
    Oregon
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Marti, welcome! What part of the world do you come from? Tell us more about your puppy. You'll find we have several knitters here, so you'll be in good company. Portion control and exercise are two of the very best ways to start!

I had fun this afternoon junk shopping with my friend Sue. We hit three flea markets and a cute kitchen store. After I picked up the kids we went to the park. It was a nice sunny day with temps in the upper 50's. Not bad for January.

Good night all!

Sylvia

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,959 Member
    Options
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    17,000 steps
    173 minutes of dog walking
    20 minutes riding the exercise bike
    1 minute plank
    line dance class
    weight training

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    My hair was down to my shoulders and I took the scissors and cut off about 2 or 3 inches. Now it's just below my ears. Only problem was of course the back. Will have to go to the hair dresser and ask to have that cleaned up.

My DDnL#2 corrected my bad hair cut. Wasn't noticeable until I wanted to flat iron it and there was a hole in the back (this done by a hairdresser). She feathered it and was able to keep my length. Just got a permanent; otherwise, it lays flat to my head. I'll get her to cut it the next time we see one another. If she knows they'll be here in the Spring, I will ask her to bring her shears with her. Otherwise it will be August. I can live with it; it's very curly and I wear it up a lot, too.

Still have not found the elusive credit card. Somewhere in this house; but, I have turned everything that even makes sense trying to find it; and, even looked in the freezer where I keep them most of the time. This one is the only one I use now. So pissed! Looked under chair, in chair, beside chair, on table, in Cracker's bed and toy box, under the footstool, in pockets of dirty clothes, in coat pockets, in Louis' chair. The only thing possible is that it has fallen so far down into the chair that it is where I can't reach it maybe. I KNOW that I did not lose it elsewhere. I made a purchase online after disputing a charge; and, all the purchases I've made have hit the bank; only thing that hasn't hit is the refund that has already been processed by the online company. Got all that 'in writing'. This is the 2nd times in as many months. I really don't need the card; I keep it almost maxed out a lot of the time. I just did not want to go through cancelling it and a new number given to me; which means I will have to contact 2 companies that charge to me monthly. Such a PITA!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day;
    spin- 50min, 84ar, 104aw, 11-15g, 129ahr, 153mhr, 20.6mi = 448c
    physical therapy - 45min = 109c
    total cal 557
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    Thanks Heather and Kim!

The darn cat bit my hand! Been to the doc for a shot of penicillin. Hope it works or i will be back in hospital on iv meds. Cat is either going to a cat free home or being put down. the first bite was my fault. this one wasn't. I am sad- it is a really neat cat, just gets upset about the other cats here.

Hope you don' have 'cat scratch fever' disease. I hear it is very painful. Where the cat scratches or bites you become infected - hard to heal - might have to change up antibiotics. You might be building up an immunity if you are taking one that you take every time you go on one.

DOS's damn cats (and dogs) come down here to eat Tux's food. We have a trap set; but, Tengen isn't a 'dumb' cat, just 'mean' as a snake. She was taken from Mama Cat before she needed to be and isn't very 'human friendly'. Also have a stray that we can't catch either. Their 2 outside cats stay at home, right on the deck (brother and sister) so they entertain one another. I just worry about Tux being around them because they don't keep them current on most of their shots. The dogs get all their shots. I just worry about one of the DGDs trying to help a 'sick' cat. Tux has been known to go down there and eat their food; but, normally he knows we'll feed him just about every time we walk outside. Only a little at a time. We're feeding Cracker more times; less food. That seems to work better. She went to vet today and got her last puppy shots, nails trimmed, and a bath. She's beside herself with 'joy'. Son is thinking about us going in together to buy one of those nail shavers so you can't make the mistake of cutting their nails down to the quick. Just the 'thought' of clipping Cracker's nails about made me nauseous. Shorty (or late JRT) split one of her toenails and the vet had to remove it.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    Becca - You need to tell Jack that is the reason they're called "CHAPS."
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Heather, I’m so sorry you aren’t feeling well. Are you going to be able to go see your brother? Feel better soon.

Penny. Good to see you and appreciate the drop by when you are down to a deadline. Good luck.

Terri, glad you are sleeping well. It can mean so much for our day.

Allie, I am anxious to hear about the “adventure room”?? It congers up all sorts of images in my mind. idea.gif

Vicki, sorry about your aunt. Will it be a problem getting coverage at work? Congrats on great numbers from your blood work! You take care and hope you are feeling better soon. ((((Hugs))))

Karen, I don’t even want to tell you how long I have been at this plateau but the interesting thing is that my body is still changing. Sometimes they say it helps to change up your diet. More protein, less carbs, or something on that line. I know for me I need to be consistent with my exercise.

Seabrzjo. Welcome. I’m glad you decided to come out into the open and join us. Feel free to tell us a little more about yourself so we can get to know you. Do you work? If so, at what? Kids live near? A lot or a little to lose? Whatever you want to share. We also ask that you sign each post with the name you want to be called and a location, general or specific.

Kimses, glad you are feeling better. Good luck with the interviews.

Meg, so sorry you have a cold. Sometimes they can just take the wind out of your sails. I hope you feel better real soon!!!

Barbie, so happy you were holding with cheerful readiness on the phone today.

Sylvia, so sorry the chili wasn’t kind to your stomach but really glad it didn’t get worse. That is just too weird???

Mkbunny, welcome. I was diabetic when I joined MFP but have been off my meds for 6 months since losing weight. Come often for support and information.

Allie, sorry you had such a morning. My little poodle has gotten to where he can’t jump up on the bed and will bark for me to pick him up.

Heather, here a rasher of bacon is often referring to a serving of two or three slices. I looked it up and see that it can be either. I hope your ear gets better soon.

Teri, good bowling for your DS and DH. That is sad about the deaths of your DD’s friends.

Katla, DH and I were going to Costco today and normally have lunch there. He loves their dogs. I usually get the chicken Caesar salad but was actually considering a slice of pizza today. Luckily my friend called and invited me to lunch so I passed on the Costco trip.

Crowelldoom, welcome. You will find this a great place for support and information. Congrats on not letting the added weight get any worse before doing something about it. Please sign your posts with the name you want to be called and a location, general or specific.

Linda, wishing you a better day, for sure. You can do this. (((Hugs)))

Miriam. I hate to hear that cat bit you again. I agree you can’t keep it around with such behavior.

Barbie, good for you on working out a good time to do the weights.

Marti. Welcome. We are happy to have you join us. We love dogs so tell us more about your baby.

m1277.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I went to lunch with my friend that cruises with me. I took her some of my big clothes and she was very excited. 10 days but who’s counting? I have a friend that is decluttering her closets (she has a bedroom converted into a closet) so Friday I’m going to her house to see if I want any of the clothes she is getting rid of. *crossing my fingers*

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Did 1 hr of Cathe Friedrich's Fitness Cross Fire DVD. I thought this was a very good DVD, not sure tho if it wasn't uploaded properly, I didn't download it properly or what. The plan for tomorrow is to do the Biggest Loser PowerSculpt DVD.

Had the Newcomer board meeting this morning then I had an appt with the foot MD. Everything is fine. Bought a pair of earrings and I may go back to get a pair of boots. They're on sale, will cost something like $16. We have this stuff that you can put on clothing, etc to make them waterproof. As much as I use boots down here, these'll be good enough. So tomorrow I'm volunteering at the Green Room, then will probably go to Aldi, then on my way home stop at Kohl's to get those boots

After the board meeting and the MD, went to Kohl's home for dinner, then ceramics. Stopped at Lowe's Foods. They got a license to sell beer so you can shop and drink at the same time. Vince doesn't mind if I go to that Lowe's Foods....lol

Welcome everyone new!

Heather - sorry to hear about your ear.

Chris - does your fitbit have one of those batteries that have a "memory"? If so, you might have to let it run down occasionally.

Evidentally today is national chocolate cake day so Vince wants me to make him a chocolate cake. I probably will tomorrow, but instead of the oil I'll use silken tofu. He won't know the difference.

Found out that in Feb. the Newcomer social is going to be a chili cookoff and Trivia night. I'd go if it was just the chili, but I have no interest whatsoever in trivia. I'm afraid the gal that is going to do the socials is only interseeted in games, games, games. Evidentally she was spoken to since she doesn't work well with others, she likes to do things her own way. She's supposedly going to be working with someone else, we shall see how that goes!

Don't know what's going on. I KNOW I had a Mari Windsor Lower Body Pilates DVD, now I can't find it. I also know that I had a Caribbean rebounder one, and I can't find it, but that one I can live without. I'm just sad that I can't find the Lower Body one.

kimses - Vince used to give me candy, too for Valentines day or Christmas. He knew I liked Dove. One year I asked him not to get me candy but instead to give me an arrangement by "Incredible Edibles" (if you don't know, that are fruits cut up into shapes. One year for Valentines day I got a dozen "roses". They were strawberries, with a slit in the middle for a mini-markshmallow. The "leaves" were lettuce). Now he doesn't get me candy any more

miriam - hope that anitbiotic works for you

Lenora - hope you find that credit card. Cancelling them is a real pain

Had to skim - apologies for anyone I missed.

Michele in NC
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone... Caught up on reading posts but I did not take notes so will not comment individually. Thinking of you all.

Took the afternoon off work today to watch my daughter bowl in the junior varsity invitational. Coach took a group of girls whose averages are all very close and who have been rotating between varsity and JV. She wanted to use this tournament to determine who will get the final varsity spot for their tournament. Anyway, Sophi did well. Placed 9th individually out of more than 40 girls and had the top score on her team. Coach was happy as 5 of the 6 girls (including Sophi) have not bowled prior to this year. I think Sophi has secured her spot for the varsity tournament. Most importantly, she has been having fun.

Succumbed to temptation and ate a cheeseburger for lunch today. Tomorrow is a new day.

Linda/IA
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • mbrown862015
    mbrown862015 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you Annr and Sylvia for your welcome and your advice. I also have a scale that is my friend. I am from Eastern Oregon. Our puppy is a Chihuahua named Bella, she is 18 months old. She is a rescue that has found a permanent home.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    YEAH! FOUND THAT CREDIT CARD - Have been doing my 'happy dance' ever since. One day I will learn to pay my bills and order stuff while standing at the kitchen counter like DH does, then I won't have to worry about things dropping down into the deepest, darkest recesses of my chair. I've got to get a vacuum hose to it. Next thing I need to try finding before I try to reorder on is the crevice tool for the vacuum. I really think it is down at my DOS's house; but, they are not going to look for it- takes too much time.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,144 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,753 Member
    Options
    well we had a ball last night..first we went to the restaurant,well i had one mixed drink,cranberry juice and spiced rum and then a few calamari,had filet mignon with carmelized onion and mushroom andgrilled asparagus..
    the adventure room was real neat. there were 8 of us and we had to figure out clues to find codes or keys to open locks in 3 rooms and theY gave us an hour to do it.. the guy said we did pretty well but we didnt find everything in the third room.but it really wass a blast,
    Tom is letting me order the fit bit surge so we shall see how this goes..
  • mtowne002
    mtowne002 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    No I have not been to bed yet....my schedule has gotten worse over the last year..I now go to bed be one and two am and usually don't shut the tv off till two or three. Doing this I normally get up be ten am and noon. Crazy I know but my work loves my availablity to close any night, I have no partner to disturb, and most importantly my dogs have gotten used to the schedule. My psychiatrist and counselor insist I do not guilt myself over this, just adjust my lifestyle and try to average eight hours of sleep per night. It has also been suggested that I get checked out for a c pap which sounds unbearable to me, but my traveling companion and BF insists I need one and six months of Fitbit HR sleep Evals shows that I average restlessness fifteen to fifty or more times a night. Does anyone else have this Fitbit and have you noticed a correlation be a certain level of restless periods and possible c pap use?
    Very anxious about money right now. My mortgage was due Jan 1 and had a grace period till the fifteenth and I have yet to pay it. I have never been late. Bw my daughter losing her job so no rent from her and another boarder moving out my week of missed pay from having the flu I am short. Stressing just a bit. I have eight hundred of the twelve hundred I need but I need a small oil delivery which will take about two hundred and a two or three hundred dollar car repair to make my car inspect able by the end of the month. This leaves only three hundred of which I need one hundred or so for food till my next paycheck. Mortgage will be the first thing I pay with my Feb third disability check! But I have never been behind on a mortgage.
    This said, my interview for supervisor is Monday. I need to update and make copies of my resume, cover letter and a requested action plan of my intent to enact upon hiring. The panel is ten people including peers, my boss and the top manager in the store. There are four candidates. One woman is young super capable w more experience than me...but she is despised by most of my peers. The other is a young lady who has two months cashiering experience but is in her third trimester. She is popular though. I like her. The third is a seventeen? Year old super star who is immensely popular w the bosses very capable, limited availability bc of school (but same as me)... Been there two years, has plans to go to college already accepted mid summer. And me.
    Allison I'm so sorry about Woody
    Joyce hope your ok
    Mary sorry bout ur toe...I have to admit your tale was amusing and I laughed too. Remember a couple of months ago when my girls made me a maypole along w a tras can? What a crush that was! And they swarmed me w concerned kisses! Darn little curies. I had to miss two days of work bc of the pain in my hip!
    Well it's really late (early) I need to crash.
    Good night friends new and old,
    Mindy from Boston
    PS welcome all you new gals!
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    mindy dont forget to breathe, focus on your amazing talent that you bring to your work and let the rest go. Good luck

Dj
    i know you are right about variety. The way i cope with busy work life is to eat same meals over and over again...my food diary is super repetitive. Same for the clothes i wear to work, it is just the way i do things, lol

Going to a social thing after work, oh boy, one drink, one apetizer, say hey to everyone, smile listen and end positivlely after one hour.....can u guess i am not into this kind of social life.

Chat later. Karen from ny