Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    A month ago I found this thread and commented on it then lost it. (I had not learned how to book mark yet.) Last week I found it again and decided to read what I have missed. I spent most of 4 days reading. I even forgot a boiling pot of water on the stove. (burnt the water). I have loved reading the threads that were pointed out and have laughed till my sides were sore. I thank all of you for being such an inspiration and enjoyment to me and I wish to join the thread.

A word about Blue Bell, they were pulled from the market 3 months before I started on the weight loss journey. It was a very sad moment for our family. We tried every other ice-cream on the market and gave up eating cream all together. I just commented to my husband that it was probably advantageous that I had a couple of months practicing logging my foods without Blue Bell calling. I was even able to go to an ice cream social without being tempted, I reminded myself it was not Blue Bell. Blue Bell has not reached the stores where I live yet. I will find a way to put it into my budget.

Try as I might I can't find anything earlier. I mis have been mistaken that I posted here a month earlier than this one on this thread.
    Yes Blue bell is back and I occasionally have a taste.

Did you use the search functionality?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    A month ago I found this thread and commented on it then lost it. (I had not learned how to book mark yet.) Last week I found it again and decided to read what I have missed. I spent most of 4 days reading. I even forgot a boiling pot of water on the stove. (burnt the water). I have loved reading the threads that were pointed out and have laughed till my sides were sore. I thank all of you for being such an inspiration and enjoyment to me and I wish to join the thread.

A word about Blue Bell, they were pulled from the market 3 months before I started on the weight loss journey. It was a very sad moment for our family. We tried every other ice-cream on the market and gave up eating cream all together. I just commented to my husband that it was probably advantageous that I had a couple of months practicing logging my foods without Blue Bell calling. I was even able to go to an ice cream social without being tempted, I reminded myself it was not Blue Bell. Blue Bell has not reached the stores where I live yet. I will find a way to put it into my budget.

Try as I might I can't find anything earlier. I mis have been mistaken that I posted here a month earlier than this one on this thread.

And I remember this one too!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I feel like this needs some kind of trumpet fanfare to announce it.

Thats huge!

Was this a recent Anne-Marie post? I didn't see her post? Did MFP eat it?
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Is it bad that I'm secretly laughing at the fairly skinny girl in my office who is complaining about not fitting her favourite jeans - yet eats take out food everyday? Then she thinks the miracle cure is some pills she bought at the dollar store and something called the 14 day teatox?

My first post in April.

And the girl I work with doesn't do that anymore. Thankfully.
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options

My other confession is that occasionally I've had extra cals after midnight and logged them for the next day.

What's wrong with doing that? It IS a new day, after all.

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »

Thats huge!

It's from September 8th
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Quotes are messed up on that one!! ^^
  • Myles_104
    Myles_104 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Myles_104 wrote: »
    I confess I'm a little nervous today, I'm starting a swimming routine to replace my gym routine and I'm afraid I'm going to go to the pool and stand out as the worst swimmer there, as I can't put my face in the water so I'm not very "professional" at the swimming thing.

OOOOH running and swimming.... how do you feel about triathlon? :wink:

Well, I just started swimming so... and I'm not allowed to run, the swimming to to replace the missing weight training and the running. but if I had a racing bike, I would be game.
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I hope this thread is still around in another year so those of us just finding it now can search up our first posts. :smiley:

It will be! We will never let it die!!

th?id=OIP.M2c6d602fec1661016023da47c9ff7305o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

YES!
    Awesome movie!
    Is it just me, or is that kid the same guy who played Samwise Gamgee in the Lord of the Rings?
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I confess I'm a little nervous today, I'm starting a swimming routine to replace my gym routine and I'm afraid I'm going to go to the pool and stand out as the worst swimmer there, as I can't put my face in the water so I'm not very "professional" at the swimming thing.

You are starting something new. It is ok to be less than perfect and to make mistakes. Good luck.

I didn't drown, so it was a win. And I really enjoyed myself. Definitely will be going back.

Cool! You can do pool running too.
    Is pool running low impact? Seems like it would be because of the water.

I confess I ate all my kids movie night snacks because both of them became sick in the middle of the movie so didn't want their snacks.

And I hope they both get over it by morning because I don't want to be house bound tomorrow.

Yes, it's no impact. Google it. It can really help you retain a level of running fitness when you are injured.

That's what all the seniors were doing at the pool. They had foam dumbbells too, I guess for added resistance. THANKS, now I have something else I can do. YAY. Thanks Oberon21
  • Myles_104
    Options

Well, I just started swimming so... and I'm not allowed to run, the swimming to to replace the missing weight training and the running. but if I had a racing bike, I would be game.
    I hope this thread is still around in another year so those of us just finding it now can search up our first posts. :smiley:

YES!
    Awesome movie!
    Is it just me, or is that kid the same guy who played Samwise Gamgee in the Lord of the Rings?

You are starting something new. It is ok to be less than perfect and to make mistakes. Good luck.

I didn't drown, so it was a win. And I really enjoyed myself. Definitely will be going back.

I confess I ate all my kids movie night snacks because both of them became sick in the middle of the movie so didn't want their snacks.

And I hope they both get over it by morning because I don't want to be house bound tomorrow.

Yes, it's no impact. Google it. It can really help you retain a level of running fitness when you are injured.

That's what all the seniors were doing at the pool. They had foam dumbbells too, I guess for added resistance. THANKS, now I have something else I can do. YAY. Thanks Oberon21
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Confession
    I don't know what got into me. I sort of (ok I actually) agreed to ride Cycle Oregon with my SO next year. "With" means he'll ride it at his pace and I'll ride it at my pace and we'll be together when not riding. "With" means if there is a harder route he'll take it and if there is an easier route I'll take it. I'm not quite sure how I agreed to this. I have not done a trip like this since I was 15 years old...

This is awesome!!! I live in the Pacific NW and have always wanted to do Cycle Oregon, but lacked the funds, the endurance, or the vacation time to give it a try.

I've been lurking this thread for awhile now and have enjoyed the support, kindness, and honesty on display here. :-)

Confession - This is my first post ever on this site. I'm somewhat antisocial - I don't really seek out lots of friends or acquaintances, preferring my few close friends/family to having lots of surface-type relationships with others. So my only friends on MFP are people I actually know IRL. That's not a very good confession. Hmmmm... I love ice cream to the point that if I buy it, I will eat it. All of it. Now.

I'm lucky to have a wonderfully supportive husband and family as I work to get fit again.

Lastly - My profile pic is about 9 years old. Being in shape again like that is where I'd like to be again. It is my inspiration for doing all the work it takes to get from where I am now to where I'd like to be.

Ha! My first post is from June 2015... see, I am SUCH a latecomer!

I love that it was in response to @nonoelmo AND that I'd forgotten she'll be in OR this summer for the cycling!! I'm gonna have to track you down, my friend, and meet up with you!!

I remember when you posted first!! I was like Psh what a weirdo :p Hahaha just kidding you know I love you big sister!!! :*<3

And you don't seek out new friends but now you're stuck with about 20 of them! VEGAS 2017!!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Is it bad that I'm secretly laughing at the fairly skinny girl in my office who is complaining about not fitting her favourite jeans - yet eats take out food everyday? Then she thinks the miracle cure is some pills she bought at the dollar store and something called the 14 day teatox?

My first post in April.

Hahaha Cindy that's a great first one!
  • Oberon21
    Options

YES!
    Awesome movie!

No problem!
  • Oberon21
    Options

My first post in April.

Haha! Did you educate her to MFP?
  • Oberon21
    Options

Thats huge!

It's from September 8th

Ahh. And yes the quotes are messed up on this one.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    In honor of my 8000th post and page 1700 I have changed my username. FYI.

I noticed that! and yet quotes are still showing your as POFoster21

Actually, I see Oberon21 in this quote... maybe older quotes before I changed don't change?

Ah maybe. I thought they were new posts because your name/avatar was oberon

I meant older as in seconds or days before I changed??

You are Oberon WAY back in 1034 ;)I haven't come across any quotes tho. You are still POFoster21 in quotes :)

And yay for running. You can do 7-10 miles for me. lol. If I were allowed, today is my 10 miler day. I'll have to settle for walking a few miles on the slow, uninclined treadmill (I'm allowed that and slow swimming as per my dr. )

I confess to being done one leg warmer that I made WAY too big so its a thigh high and is way bulky, but should be warm. Took me a week, Even wove in my ends. Now I have to start the second one. I think its awesome. If I figure out how to post pics I will.

Totally post pics! The only sweater I ever fully knitted was huge. I totally made the stitches too loose so the size ended up like 3X what it was supposed to be... I gave it to my sister anyway. It was made with love...even if it was clown sized!

Tammy is doing all the running (rungirl) these days. She'll have to cover your 10 miler (although I am trying again!)

The sweatshirt I made in Home Ec was so hideous! I remember the sewing teacher was so mean in 7th grade & then practically did my whole project in 8th grade.

I wonder whatever happened to my sweatshirt? I'm sure I threw it in the garbage.

Ah home Ec the bane of the coordination challenged. By the time I was in high school I signed up for welding class.
    The teacher had a long lecture on how some of us would not make it a day. He looked at me the entire time. It made me determined to stay. That was a long long long time ago. Back in the day when girls in welding classes were unheard of. At least where I lived. I was going to continue the second semester but the teacher who was a friend by this time came to me privately and told me that there were not enough spots left for a guy that needed the class to graduate and asked me it not continue so that he could take the class. I agreed to not sign up.

Actually, I see Oberon21 in this quote... maybe older quotes before I changed don't change?

You are Oberon WAY back in 1034 ;)I haven't come across any quotes tho. You are still POFoster21 in quotes :)

And yay for running. You can do 7-10 miles for me. lol. If I were allowed, today is my 10 miler day. I'll have to settle for walking a few miles on the slow, uninclined treadmill (I'm allowed that and slow swimming as per my dr. )

I confess to being done one leg warmer that I made WAY too big so its a thigh high and is way bulky, but should be warm. Took me a week, Even wove in my ends. Now I have to start the second one. I think its awesome. If I figure out how to post pics I will.

Totally post pics! The only sweater I ever fully knitted was huge. I totally made the stitches too loose so the size ended up like 3X what it was supposed to be... I gave it to my sister anyway. It was made with love...even if it was clown sized!

Tammy is doing all the running (rungirl) these days. She'll have to cover your 10 miler (although I am trying again!)

The sweatshirt I made in Home Ec was so hideous! I remember the sewing teacher was so mean in 7th grade & then practically did my whole project in 8th grade.

I wonder whatever happened to my sweatshirt? I'm sure I threw it in the garbage.

We had to do button down shirts. My top buttonholes were horrid. I'm sure it got turned to rags.

I feel lucky - we only did pencil cases and aprons. I still have my apron - it is white with a pattern of tiny alligators wearing running shoes on it.

That sounds cute.
    bw_conway wrote: »

You are Oberon WAY back in 1034 ;) I haven't come across any quotes tho.

I'm nursing a foot injury, plantar fasciitis that won't go away. I used to run about 25-30 miles a week, now I don't run at all. I have filled the cardio void with swimming, hitting the heavy bag, spinning, and HIIT, and of course, eating less to remain in maintenance (which is unfortunate)! But nothing takes the place of running, it was basically my church and psychiatrist's couch. I have been doing rehab and wearing shoe inserts, and have a follow up with a podiatrist in early March, so hopefully I will be back in time for spring.
    THIS! Exactly. Except, I have Spinal Stenosis, and herniated disks and I need to wait for the neurosurgeon to decide whether or not I need surgical decompression of the spine. :( no HIIT, no heavy bags, I can't even bend and tie my sons skates.
    I was up to 25 miles a week, as well as 10+ miles of walking as well (I live in a tiny town, so I don't drive anywhere) And so this inactivity thing just SUCKS.

I'm very scared that since I can't be as active as I was I'm going to regain all the weight I lost plus friends. Or I'm going to lose muscle tone, and be skinny flabby

Hi Myles! Are you north, south, east or west of Winterpeg? I'm in northwestern Ontario myself.

I'm sorry for your forced inactivity.

Hi Glinda, I'm just south of the Winterpeg, all my activities are in the city actually.

I'm a bit of a weirdo and when I hear Northwestern Ontario my mind goes to Atikoken. Am I close? lol.

and @Oberon21 nope, its a late 1970s style, but not vivid, I need to figure out how to get the pics on my phone on to here. (Finger crossed that worked)
    c34ulzw3goyn.jpg

Reminds me of R2D2.
    Is that on purpose?

Agreed.
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    We are coming up on our one year "confessions" anniversary, you guys. As in this Friday. Craziness! :heart:

<3.

I'll be celebrating by driving 500 miles to attend my daughter's spur of the moment wedding. :neutral:

Congratulations to her. It is not nice to not let you plan ahead. I am sure you will pick something nice to wear. I am looking forward to pictures. Safe travels.
    peleroja wrote: »
    bw_conway wrote: »

You are Oberon WAY back in 1034 ;) I haven't come across any quotes tho.

I'm nursing a foot injury, plantar fasciitis that won't go away. I used to run about 25-30 miles a week, now I don't run at all. I have filled the cardio void with swimming, hitting the heavy bag, spinning, and HIIT, and of course, eating less to remain in maintenance (which is unfortunate)! But nothing takes the place of running, it was basically my church and psychiatrist's couch. I have been doing rehab and wearing shoe inserts, and have a follow up with a podiatrist in early March, so hopefully I will be back in time for spring.

I had a bad case in 2014. I got the injection in my foot, did a TON of stretching and wear inserts in my shoes and haven't had any problems since. I run anywhere between 0-50 miles per week. LOL

I signed up for three races today, including the Tucson marathon. I'm still just building endurance and mileage slowly. Two miles on a 2.5% incline today. I am excited. I also finally told SO that I'm doing it. He is fully on board as consultant and coach. Yay!!! First up, a five K next month. A 10 K in March (or early April, I have to look) and I'm looking over some halfs in the summer months. There is one called "bucket of blood" (YIKES).

That's awesome! I was crazy and signed up for five races (two halfs, 1 10K, 2 15K) this spring too and I am so excited and a bit freaked out as I really only started running in, what, October?

Is the "bucket of blood" one themed or something, or is it just terrifying? :lol:

Kudos to both of you. I'm thinking of doing a 5K in the spring. You both are so brave and energetic.
    crosbylee wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    We are coming up on our one year "confessions" anniversary, you guys. As in this Friday. Craziness! :heart:

<3.

I'll be celebrating by driving 500 miles to attend my daughter's spur of the moment wedding. :neutral:

YAYYY!!! I demand pictures!!

I'm sure there will be tons of pictures. Speaking of pictures, I probably should figure out what I'm going to wear, mother of the bride and all...

Have a safe trip and I know you will look great!!
    I am going to sign myself up for the Insane Inflatable 5K. It just looks too fun. I may or may not also sign up for the Gritty Goddess again. Still thinking about it.

What is an inflatable 5K?
    Confession: I could not find matching socks today after looking for several minutes. So, I chose to wear boots instead of the flats I had planned on (and my socks don't match).

Ben there done that.
  • Myles_104
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Its 10:30 (ish) am here and I already and sneaking into the chips that I "saved" for my hubby last night. My excuse is that I'm tired (sick kid) and I've already worked my butt off (bleaching the house).

But I really need to knock it off (otherwise I will hit my calorie goal by noon)
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options

YES!
    Awesome movie!

I sed to do that in the swimming pool too, loved it and never felt like i was working that hard. To mix it up i used to run backwards sometimes. Gutted that the gym have got rid of the pool :s
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options

Ah home Ec the bane of the coordination challenged. By the time I was in high school I signed up for welding class.
    The teacher had a long lecture on how some of us would not make it a day. He looked at me the entire time. It made me determined to stay. That was a long long long time ago. Back in the day when girls in welding classes were unheard of. At least where I lived. I was going to continue the second semester but the teacher who was a friend by this time came to me privately and told me that there were not enough spots left for a guy that needed the class to graduate and asked me it not continue so that he could take the class. I agreed to not sign up.

On first pass, i read this as signed up for wedding class, and some would not make it a day. I thought what an odd curriculum and how horrible to put a dampner on your day. Then i read it again.

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options

I have to stay away from the Butter Crunch that they put out recently. I ate about half of a half gallon by myself, but not all at once. That stuff is a Dairy Queen Butterfinger Blizzard in a half gallon tub!!! So good.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

I have to stay away from the Butter Crunch that they put out recently. I ate about half of a half gallon by myself, but not all at once. That stuff is a Dairy Queen Butterfinger Blizzard in a half gallon tub!!! So good.

Oh boy. I must never try that . Mmmm....