You Know When You're in the MFP "Zone" When...

Options

Replies

• ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I've moved my 3 'left over from Christmas' 1litre bottles of baileys into our spare bedroom to keep them out of sight. I checked the dates, so maybe next Christmas I can enjoy some. For me once it's opened, it's fair game !!
  • carolerunsalot
    carolerunsalot Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Jenna8915 wrote: »
    You no longer understand how people can eat "normally" with no idea of the calorie content of what they're eating!

All I can say is AMEN! But still trying to be the person that doesn't clue them in.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    When you reside in an apartment complex & therefore don't have to shovel snow but awaken earlier than normal, just to beat them to it; for the exercise!

When you decide not to buy a snow blower because shoveling snow is such a great workout (even though you silently curse for 2 days afterwards because you are SO SORE from shoveling all that heavy snow).
    You no longer understand how people can eat "normally" with no idea of the calorie content of what they're eating!

This. The worst for me is seeing people chowing down high calorie food that isn't even good in the first place (like Friendly's chicken fingers or grocery store cupcakes or something).
  • whatang
    whatang Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    ridge4mfp wrote: »
    srecupid wrote: »
    When you have all your stuff logged before you get out of the checkout lane at the grocery store. Or when you start singing "Another One Bites the Dust" to yourself when you log your last food for the day.
    I sing this too, but I do it when I have just stepped off the scale with a new loss. This also involves some significant butt-wiggling. :D

my significant butt is why I'm on mfp in the first place... :smiley:
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    When you reside in an apartment complex & therefore don't have to shovel snow but awaken earlier than normal, just to beat them to it; for the exercise!

When you decide not to buy a snow blower because shoveling snow is such a great workout (even though you silently curse for 2 days afterwards because you are SO SORE from shoveling all that heavy snow).

This. The worst for me is seeing people chowing down high calorie food that isn't even good in the first place (like Friendly's chicken fingers or grocery store cupcakes or something).

@Francl27 I don't suffer from soreness because I do 2 things: 1 I stretch before I shovel & 2 I shovel in layers, so that I reduce the weight; on my shovel & I'll also shovel when there's a significant amount, even if it's still snowing; to reduce the amount of layers & time, that it'll take me; to do at once. Thereby granting me a rest period, in between.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    edited January 2016
    Options
    When you'll pay, to vacation on a work farm instead of getting paid, to work on a farm; for the exercise!
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    ...when all my measuring cups and spoons are dirty.
  • wrenak
    wrenak Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I have been SO disappointed this winter. I was looking forward to being able to shovel now that I don't get winded just walking to the mailbox. Alas, there has been almost no snow where I am (Anchorage, AK).
  • runningalice
    runningalice Posts: 71 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    mary251 wrote: »
    When you click on the "complete this entry" button right after logging dinner so that you're not tempted to snack in the evening. (I'm too embarrassed to add a snack after I've finished logging for the day, and refuse to cheat, so it's cut out my evening nibbles entirely!)

Yes! I do this too, people told me brushing my teeth would stop the snacking! but you can just brush them again
    Once you have pushed that button, its game over or that day!
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    Options
    When you click on the "complete this entry" button right after logging dinner so that you're not tempted to snack in the evening. (I'm too embarrassed to add a snack after I've finished logging for the day, and refuse to cheat, so it's cut out my evening nibbles entirely!)

Yes! I do this too, people told me brushing my teeth would stop the snacking! but you can just brush them again

Unfortunately you can also, push the button again; I've done it.
  • Francl27
    Options

Unfortunately you can also, push the button again; I've done it.

Yes you can.
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    You try to drink enough water to make it overflow in the app cup!!! :D
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options

Mine never does this anymore :(

When going out for lunch with an old friend you've not seen in forever is bitter sweet because although it's really lovely to catch up, you're majorly peeved you didn't get your lunchtime walk/step count up. (I work in an office and sit on my butt all day, and lunchtime in the winter months is the only time I get to walk outside in daylight!).
  • Francl27
    Options
    CariTJR wrote: »

Mine never does this anymore :(

When going out for lunch with an old friend you've not seen in forever is bitter sweet because although it's really lovely to catch up, you're majorly peeved you didn't get your lunchtime walk/step count up. (I work in an office and sit on my butt all day, and lunchtime in the winter months is the only time I get to walk outside in daylight!).

I relate. When your routine changes and you stress about being able to fit in a workout.
  • Nova_88
    Nova_88 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    When you recognize and have as a friend most of the people who post here.
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Preplan your dinner meals out so that you don't go over your calories....
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    When you have already looked up the calories of, and pre-logged, the All You Can Eat Full English Breakfast buffet you're going to on Saturday morning, and figured out exactly what's worth the calories and what isn't. (Bless Toby Carvery for having item by item nutritional info!)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    LaceyBirds wrote: »
    Nova_88 wrote: »
    When you drink directly from the measuring cup to make sure not a drop is wasted.

I just did this.

Also, when you bitterly regret the last dregs of liquid in a measuring cup being washed down the sink (Bailey's Irish Cream today).

4814921331_woman_crying_2_xlarge.jpeg
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    jacklifts wrote: »
    When you weigh out your kid's food absent-mindedly as you're making their plate

I send food home with my OH for his mother and weigh her food :D
  • noexcuses0626
    noexcuses0626 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Dariasen wrote: »
    You have an internal temper tantrum when dinner plans change because you prelogged.

"Internal"? LOL You have more self control than I do :)