Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    There was a powerlifter in my gym doing a 125 lbs one arm bench press with an Olympic bar. I can't even do that with both arms lol. The balance alone must be difficult. He said he is a bit unbalanced so he does this to get his weaker side stronger. I was very impressed.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    There was a powerlifter in my gym doing a 125 lbs one arm bench press with an Olympic bar. I can't even do that with both arms lol. The balance alone must be difficult. He said he is a bit unbalanced so he does this to get his weaker side stronger. I was very impressed.

I wonder why that side is that weaker? Hmmm....
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options

@JoRocka 's mind is already in the gutter LOL
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »

@JoRocka 's mind is already in the gutter LOL

f@p f@p f@p...

There is a girl in Philly who is a powerlifter- she competes- she only has one arm.
    She finds center with her hand on the bar- then slides it over so it's over her shoulder. pretty fricking awesome.

I don't think I'm going to be able to lift today. I'm upset at this. poop
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Got these in the mail yesterday. SBD knee sleeves and singlet.

57z10jiwnxra.jpg

Ran to the gym this morning to preflight them up to 85%. (355lbs/161kg)

Depth look good?
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Depth is great. I'm guessing a good 2+" below parallel.
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    Depth is great. I'm guessing a good 2+" below parallel.
    Great! Thanks @McCloud33 ! IPF judges are notoriously strict.
  • ash_law
    ash_law Posts: 70 Member
    Options

Depth look good?

Super smooth and super deep!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    ash_law wrote: »

Depth look good?

That's what she said...
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

57z10jiwnxra.jpg

Depth look good?

You're kidding I hope. If you're competing, you make want to work on not quite so deep. You'll leave unnecessary pounds on the platform. You don't get more points for extra deep :smile: For reference, I'm a ref in an IPF affiliate (CPU) and don't need to see anything nearly that deep.

How do you like the sleeves? I found mine difficult to put on the first time and had to watch an instructional video. I couldn't get them over my feet. I have Rehbands, two kinds of titan and SBDs. I like the SBDs the best.
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

Depth look good?

That's what she said...

damn......I was beaten to it....
  • ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yeah man, really nice squats! Nice and deep and without a hitch at all.

I have to say I love my TK knee sleeves. They keep my knees so nice and toasty and they just feel nice.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options

Depth look good?

No problem. Deeper than deep!
    Options

Depth look good?

Thanks Ashley! I used to really struggle with this lift and then three months ago I finally figured it and since then I feel indomitable at this lift.
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

57z10jiwnxra.jpg

Depth look good?

You're kidding I hope. If you're competing, you make want to work on not quite so deep. You'll leave unnecessary pounds on the platform. You don't get more points for extra deep :smile: For reference, I'm a ref in an IPF affiliate (CPU) and don't need to see anything nearly that deep.

How do you like the sleeves? I found mine difficult to put on the first time and had to watch an instructional video. I couldn't get them over my feet. I have Rehbands, two kinds of titan and SBDs. I like the SBDs the best.
    Yep I know that. Since it was my first time using these SBD I tried to go a little extra. I only asked because like proofing your own work, you look at it so much that you fail to notice the typos or formatting errors #designerproblems. I wasn't trying to be a smart@ss.

I like them. While they felt different over my Rehbands, I felt a little stronger out of the hole. I got mine on okay the first time, even though getting them over my calves sucked. Before this morning sesh I folded them half over and placed/aligned them to my knee. No biggie.

Options
    ovidnine wrote: »
    Yeah man, really nice squats! Nice and deep and without a hitch at all.

I have to say I love my TK knee sleeves. They keep my knees so nice and toasty and they just feel nice.

Thanks much @ovidnine !

I love that warm knee feeling too.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Awesome work Matt! @nakedraygun
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Finally! Broke past a forever stall at a double at 100lb for push press and nailed 105lb for a triple!

• juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Finally! Broke past a forever stall at a double at 100lb for push press and nailed 105lb for a triple!

Nice work. I would have thought overhead pressing would come naturally to someone with a solid bench. However, my husband has proven otherwise.
    Options
    Awesome work Matt! @nakedraygun
    j
    Thank you Dana!

Solid triple!