Box diet

Options

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    aggelikik wrote: »
    Do you realise you are on a counting calorie site? Which give you the tools to count calories, instead of using the method you are using? Why not just post all this in facebook? Or create your own blog or other site promoting this diet? Or your box-building youtube videos? Just make sure to ask a good-looking half naked friend to help with the box presentation, and you might even gain followers.
    Do you realise you are on a counting calorie site? Which give you the tools to count calories, instead of using the method you are using? Why not just post all this in facebook? Or create your own blog or other site promoting this diet? Or your box-building youtube videos? Just make sure to ask a good-looking half naked friend to help with the box presentation, and you might even gain followers.

I know that many of you feel that people that don't count calories should not use this site. I am of the opinion that the site is here to be used in a way that meets our individual needs.

I hope the OP continues to use this site...maybe he will read a response that makes him re-evaluate his current method. I know...so far...none of us have made an impact but maybe somewhere down the line when he figures out that his way might not be working he will reread this thread and understand that we are trying to help.

But OP is trying to count calories. This is the crazy part. He is trying to count calories through a box and whatever other estimations he does. I could understand some other method: limit portions just by eyeballing them, go for less calorie-dense food, limit carbs, limit fat, move more. But trying to "promote" some weird calorie estimating approach on a site providing tools to do this properly?
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Valen004 wrote: »
    Fast vegetable day
    86s7eqe8npun.jpg
    4hduohq3jxjt.jpg

After some two 1300 cal/days there is a fast vegetable day. Probably 500 cal/day. Approximately 1.5 kg total of tomatoes, cucumbers, pepper,onion and some dill.

You need help. Hopefully you will just starve after a few days and give up, but the fact you think what you are doing is good for you means you need professional help. 1300 calories days alternating with 500 calorie rabbit food days?

2 days 1300 and 500 cals 1 day.
    Previously like 2000 cal for a week.
    Cal deficit of 1100 a day in the first two days and a fast day (cal deficit of 2000 ). That's all

Recommended cal deficit to weight loss is 1k.

For a person who has a lot to lose 1k is an acceptable deficit, not for a person who is only trying to drop a few kilos. For someone with your stats the recommended deficit is 250-500, which can include exercise. Basically you can actually eat at maintenance, exercise for 300 calories a day and still lose weight.

Well,likely nothing bad will happen to a person who has 1k deficit for some days. I's been only 2 days with this deficit. I feel pretty ordinary, maybe because I am not too active now.
    I would say that losing lean tissue is a bad thing. Under normal conditions, research suggests a limit of 31 kcal/lb of body fat/day is the oxidation limit of fat in the body. Above that, you're close to guaranteed to lose lean tissue (you might have a few days buffer based on glycogen stores) as the body will need to turn lean tissue into amino acids to make up the difference.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but this is the stupidest diet I ever heard of in my life - and that includes everything Dr. Oz ever said.

That's all I got.
  • MimiOfTheFraserValley
    Options
    I think that the idea of this whole Box Diet definitely has merit, as long as you fit in the proper amount of calories for your lifestyle & put in healthy, balanced food. If you just put in random foods, whatever they may be, then it's not really well planned out. I totally like the idea of planning out your food ahead of time & just sticking to a menu or, in this case, whatever you put into a box, if you're able to do that. It just has to be well planned out with a combination of foods for variety. The right amount from each food group needs to be there, & I think that having smaller boxes within the bigger one for each meal & a healthy snack or two would make this work. I didn't read through all the comments here - just the first page - & so I have no idea if you've adjusted the way you do this. I hope so, for your health. :smile:
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    This thread has me craving protein!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Where did this diet come from? Did you make it up? Edit- never mind, I see this is of your own invention. I think you might need a bigger box...
  • buffalobill41
    buffalobill41 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You're a genius dude, but I just keep thinking of the end of Seven now.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    You're a genius dude, but I just keep thinking of the end of Seven now.

I'm thinking of jaws since rchlthompson pointed out "we're gonna need a bigger [box]".
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    I have just taken the time to go back and read all the replies in this thread. Clearly, this is a joke. Well played OP. I seriously Peed a little bit reading some of his responses. I certainly got my laughs in for the day.
  • boombalatty123
    boombalatty123 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I lost it when he started referring to "box calories" like that was a thing. :D

OP, if you are sincere, I wish you luck, but please know there are easier and healthier ways to get where you want to go.
  • icemaiden37
    icemaiden37 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    What's in the box?!!!

Food! Usually some eggs, some tomato/cucumber salads, pasta, pepper, and chocolate. It depends on my mood largely what I put inside.

Perhaps you could make green eggs and ham?
    Then you could eat from boxes
    with foxes.
    You could eat on train
    or in the rain.

You could use MFP to pre-log
    you could exercise with calorie burning zig-a-zog
    You could track your macros
    You could exercise with a yoga pose
    Tracking your nutrition is so good you see
    Just count calories and you'll feel free

You are my hero! :D

This is the best thread since Cheerio-gate.

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's box was real hard. Today it's time for some wine to recompense for it.

jz0rsgjhqlo2.jpg

6ulfbn24b05u.jpg

a5z48ecg5iz9.png

This is absolutely NOT what I would chose to put in my box :noway: :huh: :laugh:
  • Valen004
    Valen004 Posts: 66 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Guys and girls, thank you for the responses. Everyone has his/her own way to do weight loss/dieting. There are many wonderful tools and ways for that.

I wrote on what I've been doing , it's not a joke, and it works out very well. Let each of us have his or her own way.
    My apology if I was a bit on the negative side toward anyone who has been potentially offended.
  • Valen004
    Options
    After about two weeks of some huge weight loss and what feels like big fat-mass loss (6kg lost in less then two weeks), my weight suddenly started to ... grow. On small boxes with total day about 1700 cal the weight grows . It's really frustrating. 84kg / 185, down from 90kg/185. Target weight: 75 kg.
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I can understand the concept it is a good idea if you struggle to eat what you plan (which I do a lot), although I do agree that is nowhere near enough food.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    After about two weeks of some huge weight loss and what feels like big fat-mass loss (6kg lost in less then two weeks), my weight suddenly started to ... grow. On small boxes with total day about 1700 cal the weight grows . It's really frustrating. 84kg / 185, down from 90kg/185. Target weight: 75 kg.

That's not all fat that you've lost
  • Valen004
    edited February 2016
    Options

Definitely I feel I lost some muscle tissue. I struggle with some weight to lift that was not big for me like 2 weeks ago.Unfortunately I feel I lost quite a bit of pure muscle strength... :-(
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Definitely I feel I lost some muscle tissue. I struggle with some weight to lift that was not big for me like 2 weeks ago.Unfortunately I feel I lost quite a bit of pure muscle strength... :-(

This does not appear to be working for you. I would suggest logging your information into MFP, setting a moderate goal, and then eat to your calorie goal. And if you find yourself lacking energy, perhaps try cutting back on the wine and getting more nutrition through food.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Why would you do that to yourself?
  • Valen004
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

This does not appear to be working for you. I would suggest logging your information into MFP, setting a moderate goal, and then eat to your calorie goal. And if you find yourself lacking energy, perhaps try cutting back on the wine and getting more nutrition through food.

I lost 6 kg in less than 2 weeks. It works out very well. It just can't go forever, losing weight at this speed.