Box diet

Options

Replies

• Valen004
    Valen004 Posts: 66 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yesterday's box was real hard. Today it's time for some wine to recompense for it.

jz0rsgjhqlo2.jpg

6ulfbn24b05u.jpg

a5z48ecg5iz9.png
  • Valen004
    edited February 2016
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Valen004 wrote: »
    aggelikik wrote: »
    Fast vegetable day
    86s7eqe8npun.jpg
    4hduohq3jxjt.jpg

After some two 1300 cal/days there is a fast vegetable day. Probably 500 cal/day. Approximately 1.5 kg total of tomatoes, cucumbers, pepper,onion and some dill.

You need help. Hopefully you will just starve after a few days and give up, but the fact you think what you are doing is good for you means you need professional help. 1300 calories days alternating with 500 calorie rabbit food days?

2 days 1300 and 500 cals 1 day.
    Previously like 2000 cal for a week.
    Cal deficit of 1100 a day in the first two days and a fast day (cal deficit of 2000 ).

I will try to speak simply and use easy maths for the purposefully obtuse

THIS IS NOT A HEALTHY APPROACH

You are eating 1550 a day but not hitting your macro nutrient nor micro nutrient needs

As a 30 year old male (did you post height and weight?) your TDEE let us assume probably around 2400, so your weekly calories in maintenance = 16800

To lose 1lb a week you need a defecit of 3500 = weekly goal of 13,300, daily goal of 1900

If you are doing intermittent fasting (500 calories) you need to hit maintenance TDEE on the other days
    so 2 days x 500 plus 5 days at 2400

a box of salad is missing your fat and protein macros as well as other nutrients
    a box of carbs is missing your fat and protein and vitamins and minerals requirements

If you want to invent your own diet, start with a basic understanding of nutritional requirements
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    If you want to invent your own diet, start with a basic understanding of nutritional requirements

Let me think here, I am older and three cm shorter than the OP and just below his goal weight now...22lbs ago....that's early June!

Hmmm.... I could have saved myself a TON of money by following the box diet @rabbitjb .

I mean I've been spending money to feed a 2370 net Calories a day average when I could have just had a box instead!

He wants to drop 10kg at 1100+Cal a day deficit.

That's OK: he will drop 3-5kg of fat, 5-7kg of lean mass including muscle tissue.
    And he will be 75kg and proud of himself.

Hey: at least he has the wine and chocolate macros covered.

I have said multiple times that the box contents is changing daily. And the cal deficit is changing too accordingly.
    Claims of sub-micro nutrition are downright wrong. We are talking elements intake over time. Get your numbers straight!
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Do you realise you are on a counting calorie site? Which give you the tools to count calories, instead of using the method you are using? Why not just post all this in facebook? Or create your own blog or other site promoting this diet? Or your box-building youtube videos? Just make sure to ask a good-looking half naked friend to help with the box presentation, and you might even gain followers.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Fast vegetable day
    86s7eqe8npun.jpg
    4hduohq3jxjt.jpg

After some two 1300 cal/days there is a fast vegetable day. Probably 500 cal/day. Approximately 1.5 kg total of tomatoes, cucumbers, pepper,onion and some dill.

You need help. Hopefully you will just starve after a few days and give up, but the fact you think what you are doing is good for you means you need professional help. 1300 calories days alternating with 500 calorie rabbit food days?

Cal deficit of 1100 a day in the first two days and a fast day (cal deficit of 2000 ).

I will try to speak simply and use easy maths for the purposefully obtuse

THIS IS NOT A HEALTHY APPROACH

You are eating 1550 a day but not hitting your macro nutrient nor micro nutrient needs

As a 30 year old male (did you post height and weight?) your TDEE let us assume probably around 2400, so your weekly calories in maintenance = 16800

To lose 1lb a week you need a defecit of 3500 = weekly goal of 13,300, daily goal of 1900

If you are doing intermittent fasting (500 calories) you need to hit maintenance TDEE on the other days
    so 2 days x 500 plus 5 days at 2400

a box of salad is missing your fat and protein macros as well as other nutrients
    a box of carbs is missing your fat and protein and vitamins and minerals requirements

PAV8888 wrote: »

Let me think here, I am older and three cm shorter than the OP and just below his goal weight now...22lbs ago....that's early June!

Hmmm.... I could have saved myself a TON of money by following the box diet @rabbitjb .

I mean I've been spending money to feed a 2370 net Calories a day average when I could have just had a box instead!

He wants to drop 10kg at 1100+Cal a day deficit.

That's OK: he will drop 3-5kg of fat, 5-7kg of lean mass including muscle tissue.
    And he will be 75kg and proud of himself.

Hey: at least he has the wine and chocolate macros covered.

I have said multiple times that the box contents is changing daily. And the cal deficit is changing too accordingly.
    Claims of sub-micro nutrition are downright wrong. We are talking elements intake over time. Get your numbers straight!

Yeah .. no

You have posted a crackpot idea and illustrated it with nutritionally unsound pictures and thought processes and figures that are undereating for a man at your size

fine if you want to do it, nobody can stop you

but it is nutritionally unsound - just look at your protein intake - you know the building blocks for cell repair
  • mygalsal76
    mygalsal76 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Valen004 should change his username to Boxman.

hqdefault.jpg:)
  • AndromahiPolychroniou
    Options
    Sorry ot tell you, and i hope you won't mind our critisism but if you follow this diet for more than a week your metabolism will slow down and you won't be able to lose the weight you wish.
    and if you start eating again without the box all the weight you will have lost will get back on you.
    II think you should read this http://training.eatmore2weighless.com/get-your-quick-start-guide/
  • Valen004
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Sorry ot tell you, and i hope you won't mind our critisism but if you follow this diet for more than a week your metabolism will slow down and you won't be able to lose the weight you wish.
    and if you start eating again without the box all the weight you will have lost will get back on you.
    II think you should read this http://training.eatmore2weighless.com/get-your-quick-start-guide/

It's downright wrong. The box diet is not about 1200 cal/day or 300 cal/day or 2500 cal/ day.
    It's not about fat-zero, carb-zero, protein-about, low-hyco and etc things.

It's about limiting your intake correctly. It's about getting your numbers add up to box calory values, not some other likely hugely miscalculated-by hundreds-percents value. Which does work out pretty well.

With the weight back... I might virtually guarantee that once any person start in-taking huge amounts of food (ordinarily several hundred percents off the recommended daily calorie inputs) he or she will gain fat mass and weight. It is better not to overeat by several hundreds percent the recommended values, than weight loss might be easier .
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

It's downright wrong. The box diet is not about 1200 cal/day or 300 cal/day or 2500 cal/ day.

It's about limiting your intake correctly. It's about getting your numbers add up to box calory values, not some other likely hugely miscalculated-by hundreds-percents value. Which does work out pretty well.

No, it's about completely nonsensical, arbitrary rules and a refusal to see sense.
  • Valen004
    Options

No, it's about completely nonsensical, arbitrary rules and a refusal to see sense.

What you think is pretty irrelevant and downright wrong.
  • Sued0nim
    Options

With the weight back... I might virtually guarantee that once any person start in-taking huge amounts of food (ordinarily several hundred percents off the recommended daily calorie inputs) he or she will gain fat mass and weight. It is better not to overeat by several hundreds percent the recommended values, than weight loss might be easier .

But it doesn't do that!

That's the issue

You are working on volume not on nutritional values

what aren't you getting?
  • Valen004
    Options

But it doesn't do that!

That's the issue

what aren't you getting?

Get your numbers straight, that's all. You are simply miscalculating.
  • Sued0nim
    Options

But it doesn't do that!

That's the issue

what aren't you getting?

Miscalculating what? How many grammes of protein and fats have you consumed the last 3 days per day?

What's your height and weight?
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

It's about limiting your intake correctly.
    It's about getting your numbers add up to box calory values, not some other likely hugely miscalculated-by hundreds-percents value. Which does work out pretty well.

From the looks of your box, it could easily fit a jar of nutella, a couple of snicker bars, a couple of mars bars, and since there will be quite a lot of space still empty, I could fill this by using as many mini oreos as it takes to have no empty space. Are you sure this will help with limiting calorie intake?
    I could alternate this with days of filling the box with layers of bacon and butter (I hate both, but let's pretend I don't). How much weight would I lose?

Or I could alternate days of sugar free jello (the whole box a big jello cube) and then days of a box of plain of lettuce. Do you think this would be better health-wise?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

But it doesn't do that!

That's the issue

what aren't you getting?

This is ironic since from the very beginning, I and others have been asking you to complete the basic data set up in MFP so that you have an accurate calorie goal and macro targets with which to work.

I don't understand why you refuse to do this, yet lecture the rest of us about our misunderstanding. The people who have been overwhelmingly successful in losing weight, increasing fitness, improving health markers through using the principles of CICO and nutritional balance.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Fast vegetable day
    86s7eqe8npun.jpg
    4hduohq3jxjt.jpg

Cal deficit of 1100 a day in the first two days and a fast day (cal deficit of 2000 ). That's all

Recommended cal deficit to weight loss is 1k.

nope, it is 500 a day for 3500 a week for one pound per week loss.

Also, a 30 year old man should not be averaging 1200 calories a day….

you are going to burn through muscle at an alarming rate and will not like your look at the end of this process.

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Why is ndj1979 in jail, and not the OP? I love you, MFP, but sometimes you are just crazy.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    He's not in jail for that this time - he's in jail cos he looks sexy behind bars
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Do you realise you are on a counting calorie site? Which give you the tools to count calories, instead of using the method you are using? Why not just post all this in facebook? Or create your own blog or other site promoting this diet? Or your box-building youtube videos? Just make sure to ask a good-looking half naked friend to help with the box presentation, and you might even gain followers.

I know that many of you feel that people that don't count calories should not use this site. I am of the opinion that the site is here to be used in a way that meets our individual needs.

I hope the OP continues to use this site...maybe he will read a response that makes him re-evaluate his current method. I know...so far...none of us have made an impact but maybe somewhere down the line when he figures out that his way might not be working he will reread this thread and understand that we are trying to help.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    One day when you pass out from lack of food maybe you will listen to the Ppl here. Most of whom know what they are talking about because they have lost the weight. I lost over 35 lbs by using mfp the way it was designed. Telling Ppl who have lost lots of weight they don't know how is ridiculous and you know it is.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »

I know that many of you feel that people that don't count calories should not use this site. I am of the opinion that the site is here to be used in a way that meets our individual needs.

I hope the OP continues to use this site...maybe he will read a response that makes him re-evaluate his current method. I know...so far...none of us have made an impact but maybe somewhere down the line when he figures out that his way might not be working he will reread this thread and understand that we are trying to help.

There is no way to make an impact on him, at least in the short-term, so I won't waste my breath. Maybe in the future, after he gains back everything he lost and realizes that he didn't learn a thing about proper eating habits from this diet, then he will understand the value of what we are saying.

You don't have to count calories but you do have to understand basics of nutrition and how your food choices matter to your weight management and overall health as well.