Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    chimpy123 wrote: »
    I can't keep junk in the house or I will eat it all...in one sitting. There have been chocolate cream pies that have disappeared in an evening...there are only two ppl in my household. I put signs on the pie that say things like "don't eat this, you will regret it" in an effort to discourage myself from eating it all and then my fiancée will walk into the kitchen and find me with a mouthful of pie and I yell "I regret nothing!" and keep eating...so yeah, not an ounce of junk in our house now.

Also, when I was really trying to restrict my intake (bad idea, I know now) I have stopped at the bakery on the way home from work saying "oh, we just need some bread" and then I will buy half a dozen doughnuts and scarf two or three of them on the way home...

I'm totally a binge eater

We've definitely all had moments like this, I find that when I log my food properly and I don't restrict myself I don't binge. But if moderation is not something you can handle keeping it out of the house is the way to go!

Hugs to you and know you can do this! <3
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Myles you should totally try a triathlon it's a great community with wonderful people who help and support one another.

BTW the trail run was HARD! I managed not to fall. We missed a turn so only ran 11.5 miles vs. the planned 13.1 and I was grateful. I will be sore tomorrow.

If I tried to trail run in the snow, I would trip over every tree root on the mountain. I am glad you didn't fall and I hope you aren't too sore.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited February 2016
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Better?

bdjs25tnep34.jpg

Is this the bingo card for Sunday?

I didn't actually have 25 words on the list for this week, but most of those are on it. Good lick, players! The caller is watching!
  • Myles_104
    Myles_104 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thank-you Nonoelmo Crosbylee, Peleroja, and Patricia, about the 5K It was a big surprise for me. Kinda like getting candy at the end of the day as a reward for being good.

Patricia, How did the race go?

Kelly_c Ha! Funny there was several times I saw things yesterday that I thought of the game too.

Myles, I wish you could be able to run again too, I know what you mean about being able to relax and clear your mind when out running. It does that for mede too. I have done water aerobics before but it is much more social. It also can be as strong or light as you make it. I have never tried water running like you describe, it sounds hard especially in the deep end. Do you do it alone or in a group?

You did have a great time there, Wendy. my attitude toward running is that I hate it unless I have something to pray about, in which case run and pray until you feel better.

I have actually began to like exercise more every day. It was not always this way. Running when under stress does help significantly. The run I showed was a practice run on my own using Digifit to see if I could actually run a 5k. I was pleased just to have been able to run for 3 miles straight. I was very surprised at the time.

Next up ... FOUR miles!

Then on to 26.2!! lol, with a stop at 6, 10, 13 on the way?
    Going from 0-3 is hard, but after that I find once you beat that 3 mile mark, its like you beat some mental mind game and can increase your milage quicker (for me at least)
    Myles_104 wrote: »
    Thank-you Nonoelmo Crosbylee, Peleroja, and Patricia, about the 5K It was a big surprise for me. Kinda like getting candy at the end of the day as a reward for being good.

Kelly_c Ha! Funny there was several times I saw things yesterday that I thought of the game too.

Myles, I wish you could be able to run again too, I know what you mean about being able to relax and clear your mind when out running. It does that for mede too. I have done water aerobics before but it is much more social. It also can be as strong or light as you make it. I have never tried water running like you describe, it sounds hard especially in the deep end. Do you do it alone or in a group?

I do it on my own during the adult lap time at the pool. I pretty much have to schedule myself around my kids, and so I get the time when they are at school to do stuff, and the classes and groups aren't until the evening.
    Good news is my running partner has said that her husband teaches one of the swim teams here, and he has offered to coach me in swimming if I want him too. So yay, if I choose to actually try a tri, I have a coach.

And your run time is what I worked up to after 2 years, Excellent job!! You will totally get that 5k in 35 minutes.
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    All this dishwasher judgement is exactly why I almost never do the dishes.

Bahaha Ceci <3

It's because you do the baking. In my house you wouldn't be allowed to do the dishes. Because fairness. B)

What is this word of which you speak?! I do not recognize it.

It only occurs in houses without children. Sorry :'(

Yes! Cleaning dishes was so much easier without kids.

I thought she meant fairness. Although cleaning dishes is easier without kids too..

You know! That is the only part about my son moving to school I will enjoy, that I can go out with a clean kitchen and come home to a CLEAN kitchen!

I am that way about the picking up of the legos. Its nice to be able to go in and out of their room and not have to wear like steel boots to not injure myself.

It's exciting to think you can work on your swimming and get strong at it. Then when you can run you will be on your way to the triathlon . I'll certainly will cheer you on.
    Legos, toys that will occupy children for hours teaching them about spacial relationships, and destroying their parents feet.

This (bolded) needs to be their new slogan.

And Thank you for that (in italics) I was seeing swimming as a sub par substitute for running, and was just mind grumbling about how it wasn't as fast, I didn't get the same rush, etc. I never thought of it as something exciting, as something new to improve upon. so Thanks. I will try to think of it that way. It might lift my mood.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    My phone won't quote right now, Mo, but quik is right. Nothing called on Saturday counts.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Congratulations Quik for rocking your 5k tonight!

Thanks! 34:59! My fastest 5K ever!!!

All that weight lifting is paying off in strength! Woot woot!

It must be true. I've never had a sub-40 5K before, much less sub-35!

Stronger is faster! Way to go!!!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    chimpy123 wrote: »
    I can't keep junk in the house or I will eat it all...in one sitting. There have been chocolate cream pies that have disappeared in an evening...there are only two ppl in my household. I put signs on the pie that say things like "don't eat this, you will regret it" in an effort to discourage myself from eating it all and then my fiancée will walk into the kitchen and find me with a mouthful of pie and I yell "I regret nothing!" and keep eating...so yeah, not an ounce of junk in our house now.

Also, when I was really trying to restrict my intake (bad idea, I know now) I have stopped at the bakery on the way home from work saying "oh, we just need some bread" and then I will buy half a dozen doughnuts and scarf two or three of them on the way home...

I'm totally a binge eater

We've definitely all had moments like this, I find that when I log my food properly and I don't restrict myself I don't binge. But if moderation is not something you can handle keeping it out of the house is the way to go!

Hugs to you and know you can do this! <3

Wise words right there, Burlz.
    Ditto!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Morning, guys! I confess I am going to eat all the things at the Super Bowl party this afternoon with no regrets!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @chimpy123 - you've gotten great advice on beating the binges so I will just shout Welcome!!;
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

You did have a great time there, Wendy. my attitude toward running is that I hate it unless I have something to pray about, in which case run and pray until you feel better.

I have actually began to like exercise more every day. It was not always this way. Running when under stress does help significantly. The run I showed was a practice run on my own using Digifit to see if I could actually run a 5k. I was pleased just to have been able to run for 3 miles straight. I was very surprised at the time.

Next up ... FOUR miles!

Then on to 26.2!! lol, with a stop at 6, 10, 13 on the way?
    Going from 0-3 is hard, but after that I find once you beat that 3 mile mark, its like you beat some mental mind game and can increase your milage quicker (for me at least)

I do it on my own during the adult lap time at the pool. I pretty much have to schedule myself around my kids, and so I get the time when they are at school to do stuff, and the classes and groups aren't until the evening.
    Good news is my running partner has said that her husband teaches one of the swim teams here, and he has offered to coach me in swimming if I want him too. So yay, if I choose to actually try a tri, I have a coach.

And your run time is what I worked up to after 2 years, Excellent job!! You will totally get that 5k in 35 minutes.
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    All this dishwasher judgement is exactly why I almost never do the dishes.

Bahaha Ceci <3

It's because you do the baking. In my house you wouldn't be allowed to do the dishes. Because fairness. B)

What is this word of which you speak?! I do not recognize it.

It only occurs in houses without children. Sorry :'(

Yes! Cleaning dishes was so much easier without kids.

I thought she meant fairness. Although cleaning dishes is easier without kids too..

You know! That is the only part about my son moving to school I will enjoy, that I can go out with a clean kitchen and come home to a CLEAN kitchen!

I am that way about the picking up of the legos. Its nice to be able to go in and out of their room and not have to wear like steel boots to not injure myself.

It's exciting to think you can work on your swimming and get strong at it. Then when you can run you will be on your way to the triathlon . I'll certainly will cheer you on.
    Legos, toys that will occupy children for hours teaching them about spacial relationships, and destroying their parents feet.

This (bolded) needs to be their new slogan.

And Thank you for that (in italics) I was seeing swimming as a sub par substitute for running, and was just mind grumbling about how it wasn't as fast, I didn't get the same rush, etc. I never thought of it as something exciting, as something new to improve upon. so Thanks. I will try to think of it that way. It might lift my mood.

I enjoy swimming just as much as running and can find the same zone that the world just slips away. Just embrace the swim! You'll get there!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Ladies I believe Bingo starts today! Good luck!

I started prepping for our 40 day challenge. I bought a few final cams of New England Clam Chowder to eat and then all non dairy soups. Getting physically and mentally ready!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Morning, guys! I confess I am going to eat all the things at the Super Bowl party this afternoon with no regrets!

NO RAGRETS
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Daughter and I chose sleeping in over a hike. We will go for a run shortly.
    I confess: I slept in, and spent a good part of this morning googling gf chocolate lava cake recipes. I discovered I must go to Cost Plus World Market for more ramekins. Not that I need more than four, but I need enough to hold all the cake batter. Said chocolate lava cakes will be baked, topped with coconut milk chocolate ice cream (caramel was my first choice but not an option) and caramel sauce and fresh raspberries. This will follow up a meal of tortilla soup (I started making it last night - stock from scratch, then cook chicken in stock, the shred chicken into stock, filtering the stock through cheesecloth each time to remove little things. Last step, add in all the veggies and chilis and cook until veggies are done, serve with corn tortillas cut into strips and fresh cilantro.
    Super Bowl. It is all about the gathering of friends and family and food. Oh, and football too. XO

On the plus side, I was down two pounds this morning. :smiley:
  • Oberon21
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I confess: I slept in, and spent a good part of this morning googling gf chocolate lava cake recipes. I discovered I must go to Cost Plus World Market for more ramekins. Not that I need more than four, but I need enough to hold all the cake batter. Said chocolate lava cakes will be baked, topped with coconut milk chocolate ice cream (caramel was my first choice but not an option) and caramel sauce and fresh raspberries. This will follow up a meal of tortilla soup (I started making it last night - stock from scratch, then cook chicken in stock, the shred chicken into stock, filtering the stock through cheesecloth each time to remove little things. Last step, add in all the veggies and chilis and cook until veggies are done, serve with corn tortillas cut into strips and fresh cilantro.
    Super Bowl. It is all about the gathering of friends and family and food. Oh, and football too. XO

Mmmm sounds fabulous! Have fun!
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Mmmmm, so yummy!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I went with buffalo chicken dip with Frito scoops, and cheesecake. Let the Super Bowl feast begin!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    I went with buffalo chicken dip with Frito scoops, and cheesecake. Let the Super Bowl feast begin!

Oh yeah.
  • Oberon21
    Options

You can keep the dip. I'll take the cheesecake.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Yum!

Hope you enjoy the game & food.

*edited to add*

Way to go on the weight loss!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

You can keep the dip. I'll take the cheesecake.

I ate a piece of this cheesecake tonight! So good!

th?id=OIP.M9820a7e12a4ae563632e1360d65dc51do0&pid=15.1

Trader Joe's Speculoos Cookie Butter Cheesecake