Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    FloraJL wrote: »
    I'm surprised by how many more dishes I have to wash because I'm cooking healthier meals!

Yes!! I live in California, where our water bill is outrageous since we're in a record drought, and needing to run the dishwasher sometimes 2-3 times a day does not make the boyfriend happy! hahaha
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    JustHilsie wrote: »
    bri170lb wrote: »
    I have hot flashes (I'm 52, need I say more) BUT they are balanced out by the fact that I an cold most of the time!

you made me laugh and now people at the office is looking at me funny :blush:

I'm glad I could be of service to your funny bone!

My husband thinks it hilarious that I am shivering, with my teeth chattering in bed one minute and throwing off the blankets the next minute.

He likes to tuck me into the covers ( I think it's his "love language"). But I just throw them off again!

I'm actually losing some sleep because of it, but hopefully it won't last forever!
  • Panda_brat
    Panda_brat Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    My standards are getting higher and higher. 4 months ago I was happy just to be off my blood pressure medicine. Today I was disappointed at 121/69 which is 2 points into PRE-hypertension.
  • lenette88
    lenette88 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Being able to feel my pelvic bones against the matress when I lay down facing down
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    ryana2 wrote: »
    Love reading all of these! Congratulations all. For me it was self confidence, self esteem, and feeling like there isn't anything I couldn't do. It did take me several years for my brain to accept that I was a fit athletic looking guy after being 318. I remember when this picture was taken (2 years after meeting my goal) feeling like I didn't belong with this running group of lifelong athletes. Back row first on the left....p774lfaztntl.jpg

Oh you sooooo belong! Great job hitting and maintaining goal!
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    lenette88 wrote: »
    Being able to feel my pelvic bones against the matress when I lay down facing down

Me too! It kind of weirded me out at first, because I started thinking, "If I can feel them now, what is it going to look/feel like when I'm at goal weight?!"
  • nicolesmith2395
    nicolesmith2395 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The gallon
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the wonderful read everyone..I too have issues with people making comments as I lose weight..when I weighed 182lbs I always got the "Are you sure you want to lose more?" I guess being 5ft5in and fat all my adult life justifies this comment. Not. Anyway, love this thread. Back at over 240 and needed the inspiration. Now I am under a doctor's supervision. Guess I am the 1% whose body genetically turns my food to fat. On new pills and watching what I am eating now, hopefully soon back to writing my didn't knows.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Yvonnie16 wrote: »

Collar bones are my dream :) One day. One day. I promise you I will smile with you. Cheers :)

My mantra last spring when I first started running was, "I'm coming for you, clavicles!" And I got them! Now my mantra is, "Die, belly fat, die!" :-) After 3 pregnancies and a c-section, it may never happen, but it's still a motivating goal.

Love this!
  • rnewyn
    rnewyn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    AHHH love this!! Just a week in, myself, but I've done the yo yo thing just down to 200 and back a million times and I'm so done. This is MY body, I'm responsible for it and I'm gonna take care of it!!! Things I'm excited for:

Buying cute bras
    Being able to sit with my knees pulled up to my chest- I've wanted that since I was little!
    Not being at odds with my body re: movement and exercise
    Being able to eat in public without feeling like people are judging you
    Smaller clothes=more room in closet/suitcase
    Not being hot all the time! I die in summers!

Thank you all so much for this thread, so inspiring!!!!
  • joelyont
    joelyont Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    loads of great stuff here:

when I look down in the shower I can see the "equipment".

this might sound silly, but with just a couple of Kgs off in the last week I feel lighter on my feet more bouncy. (not bouncy in the old way)
  • jestbreathe
    jestbreathe Posts: 4 Member
    Options

I used to take baths regularly, usually taking a book to read while I relaxed. Sometimes I would let the cool water drain out while I finished a chapter, but my hips and butt always created a dam behind me and I had to shift around to let it drain.
    I took a bath last night, opened the drain and ALL the water went down, with no damn dam due to my butt.

Feels great to have the water flowing freely around your body.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!