You Know When You're in the MFP "Zone" When...

Options

Replies

• slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Bummed out that going on vacation with no Internet will ruin your "days logged in a row" record. :(
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    When you check the box to send ALL the Girl Scout cookies you ordered from the boss's daughter to the troops to keep temptation 7,218 miles from your door.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    When you realize it's girl scout cookie time and the first thing you do is go to the girl scout cookie website to look at the nutritional information (CALORIES) of any new flavor.
  • pislari_poljnamd
    pislari_poljnamd Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    :D
    Steff46 wrote: »
    When there are "only" four restaurants you allow yourself to eat out at and you know the exact meal you can have and how many calories it contains. Then you log it as a meal......because you have it in your data bank as a meal :)

Hahahaha Yess!!! :D
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    When your partner is eating cookies because they fit into his calories but they don't fit into yours so you're studiously ignoring them and reading the MFP forums for an extra willpower boost...
  • Triplestep
    Triplestep Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    When you strap on your HR Monitor before going out to shovel snow becuase you've been hungry since after that morning's workout and you want to be able to eat even more :neutral:
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    Triplestep wrote: »
    When you strap on your HR Monitor before going out to shovel snow becuase you've been hungry since after that morning's workout and you want to be able to eat even more :neutral:

@Triplestep - what did you burn? MFP gives me a crazy-high burn.
  • Triplestep
    Triplestep Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Only 220 for 60 minutes, but I was using a snow blower for about the first half hour, and the last 10 min I was only clearing off my car. MFP wanted to give me over 600!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    You spend an hour making a recipe, weigh everything and log it, and forget to weigh the sauce as you put it in the dish in the end... and you're so annoyed you just scratch the recipe and decide that you will just let the family eat it and you have something else for dinner.

*sigh*
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    You spend an hour making a recipe, weigh everything and log it, and forget to weigh the sauce as you put it in the dish in the end... and you're so annoyed you just scratch the recipe and decide that you will just let the family eat it and you have something else for dinner.

*sigh*

This is why I begin, by weighing; the empty dish 1st. Then if I forget to weigh, an ingredient separately; I just add up the dish & it's contents, then minus that from the total; to get the weight of the ingredient that I forgot to weigh before.
  • Francl27
    Options

*sigh*

This is why I begin, by weighing; the empty dish 1st. Then if I forget to weigh, an ingredient separately; I just add up the dish & it's contents, then minus that from the total; to get the weight of the ingredient that I forgot to weigh before.

Everything got cooked in the meantime though, so it wouldn't have been accurate anyway.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    You weigh the clothes, that you're going to be wearing; to your Doctor's appointment & then insist that they subtract it, from your total weight; via their scale or request that they allow you, to reweigh nude; if they refuse!
  • Lozibeth
    Lozibeth Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Measuring out your wine in a measuring jug before pouring it into the glass...must get every last drop.
  • chrissymfred
    chrissymfred Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You weigh the clothes, that you're going to be wearing; to your Doctor's appointment & then insist that they subtract it, from your total weight; via their scale or request that they allow you, to reweigh nude; if they refuse!

Lol! I love it.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    You still have an unopened box of some of your favorite cookies that your mom brought 5 months ago because you just can't find room in your days for them (90 calories a cookie)... when 3 years ago the package would have been gone in 2 days.

True! My husband bought me a big jar of honey-roasted cashews (190 cals for 30g) for Christmas. In the bad old days they would have been long gone. But now they're a perfect end of day snack if I haven't eaten enough calories that day.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Your husband wonders if your dog likes apples and you refuse to give any of it to that "poor starving puppy" because you've already weighed it. Sorry, puppy, get your own apple. MFP has made me mean.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options

*sigh*

Along these lines, everything is weighed and entered into the recipe builder, which is just waiting for the final weight, and you forget to get the final weight before your OH takes a serving. You do resist the impulse to say, "Put it back" but feel that your ability to enjoy this meal is lost.
  • MarziDeThrall
    MarziDeThrall Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    trina1049 wrote: »
    Your husband wonders if your dog likes apples and you refuse to give any of it to that "poor starving puppy" because you've already weighed it. Sorry, puppy, get your own apple. MFP has made me mean.

I'm cracking up because I can totally relate... ME: "No way, Jose. Go eat your kibble." DOG: "What the crap, lady? You used to share."
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    You put your toast on the scale and then add the peanut butter right on top of it to make sure you get every gram available to you!
  • Francl27
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

*sigh*

Along these lines, everything is weighed and entered into the recipe builder, which is just waiting for the final weight, and you forget to get the final weight before your OH takes a serving. You do resist the impulse to say, "Put it back" but feel that your ability to enjoy this meal is lost.

Yeah. I've postponed errands/workouts to make sure I was home when something was ready so I could weigh it all before my husband takes a serving.