Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Confession: whenever I have an exam in the morning I eat dessert for breakfast. I'm not sure where this belief/practice came from, but vegan coconut cookies are delicious, so :)

I think this is a fabulous idea. Do you ace your exams, @LadyAbsynthe?

Of course! ;)
    related fun fact: according to Russian superstition, you shouldn't make your bed on the day of an exam. So I have an excuse to be lazy *and* eat cookies for breakfast.

It's not an excuse, you HAVE to leave your bed unmade and eat cookies for breakfast!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Confession: whenever I have an exam in the morning I eat dessert for breakfast. I'm not sure where this belief/practice came from, but vegan coconut cookies are delicious, so :)

Of course! ;)
    related fun fact: according to Russian superstition, you shouldn't make your bed on the day of an exam. So I have an excuse to be lazy *and* eat cookies for breakfast.

Totally stealing. I'm done with school (unless someone wants to gift me about $150K to pay off my current loans and get a PhD), but I'm sure some of my job would qualify as an "exam." In fact, I think my life in general qualifies as an on-going exam. That's why I don't make my bed.

Ditto!
  • Oberon21
    Options

Hey! Haven't seen you in a while!,Welcome back!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I think I'm going to have to start doing something else for breakfast. I'm getting tired of drinking protein shakes every morning. :(

Really? I love my protein shake. What,about oatmeal?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    asgentr wrote: »
    I bought a bag of popcorn thinking it would be a filling, tasty, low-calorie snack. On a stressful day I ate the whole bag, totaling something like 700 calories. Then I proceeded to eat chocolate for a snack and Indian food for dinner without weighing anything.

I am capable of eating 10 quarts of popcorn without a thought.

When hubby and I came home from our honeymoon I told him I was going to make popcorn. He said he did not want any. I proceeded to pop a giant stainless bowl of popcorn that was piled high above the bowl. He went to take a shower.

When he came out and saw that I had eaten all of it, he looked at me as if I ate his share.

I asked him if he wanted some and told him I could make more

He replied " No I didn't want any. But..
    You just ate enough for my mother and father, your mother and father, my brothers (3) your brother and sisters(3)
    Your aunts and uncles, my aunts and uncles, my cousins, your cousins ....."

At that point I stopped him and said I got his point so he would stop naming relatives.

This is now an item I defiantly measure out.
    Estimate to the best ability what you ate. It will help you out in the long run.

Weren't you the one that said your husband ate a ton of dried bananas then complained that his stomach hurt ;).

Yep that would be him approximately 10 years later.
    He wasn't being mean to me he was just teasing me at the time. I was laughing at him and his description.
    He is very much a once a day eater and can consume enormous amounts of calories in one setting. He does not nibble because it " ruiens his appetite and then he forgets to eat." This works for him.
    Me I need to eat at least 2 meals a day and am prone to nibbling on new things just to see what they taste like.
    Let's say our boys have seen a broad spectrum of eating habits likes and dislikes.

I need to eat 5 x a day. Breakfast, lunch and dinner plus snacks at 10:30 and 2:30.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Nice pictures POF!

Agree :)

Thanks guys!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    I think I'm going to have to start doing something else for breakfast. I'm getting tired of drinking protein shakes every morning. :(

Oatmeal doesn't fill me up and it's definitely lacking in the protein department.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Oatmeal doesn't fill me up and it's definitely lacking in the protein department.

Eggs?
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Yesterday at work I had a lot of compliments.

A customer complimented me on my new hairstyle

I had my sister cut my hair like Lucy Hale's again. The only difference being I have bangs.

th?id=OIP.M2d4cc818ed143d82f841590815fa6a6bo1&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

A coworker I used to work with asked me how I lost my weight, & he said it didn't take me long to lose the weight.

An older male customer said I should be on TV since I have the face for TV & a voice suit for TV. I'll take that compliment any day over the customer who said I looked like the sister in Dirty Dancing (the one who sang off key). it's funny since losing weight how many customers have mentioned that I look like particular celebrities. I've gotten Pauley Perrette, Zooey Deschanel, Sandra Bullock, & Ally Sheedy in The Breakfast Club.

I think facially I look more like Jennifer Connelly, Lilly Collins (who also looks a lot like Jennifer Connelly), & Clara Mamet.

I'd like to see the hair style on you. You know you deserve these compliments. You have done so well.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options

Of course! ;)

It's not an excuse, you HAVE to leave your bed unmade and eat cookies for breakfast!

Exactly!

Thanks! This thread doesn't show up for some reason unless it's the most recently replied to? Otherwise I never see it. It's weird.
  • raymax4
    Options
    Myles_104 wrote: »
    I'll join the #lentchallenge
    I'm not Catholic but Lent is the one thing I do every year. This year I'm going to be abstaining from chips and chocolate bars, and adding in no complaining.

@MelissaPhippsFeagins, I understand your point of view (that it is between God and you) I do let people know so that they don't unintentionally sabotage (like my husband bringing home chips from the store, or grabbing me a chocolate bar when getting gas).

Eh, my husband is not responsible for my abstinence from item X. He is Protestant through and through and only observes Lent as far I won't serve meat in my home on Fridays until Easter. I don't even always tell him what I am doing, but he usually figures it out. Part of the sacrifice is that I may encounter the item x in my daily life and be tempted by it.
    And, I have had people (my husband's birth mother included) offer me the thing I am abstaining from to try and trip me up if they knew what it was. It's interesting how some people behave in the face of my trying to practice self control.

How very sad of them to try to derail you.
  • raymax4
    Options
    So a public service announcement. For future reference if you get to the airport and have left your drivers license in another coat and don't have it at the airport you can actually show other ID such as a credit card, insurance card, work ID and with a 'modified pat down' they will let you fly. Who knew?

My hubby had this happen several years ago. I just thought that he was just being his incredibly persuasive self.
    He will have to go back to the land of the normal people... Or you may just need to get on a pedestal yourself.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

Oatmeal doesn't fill me up either. I end up starving like two hours later.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »

Oatmeal doesn't fill me up either. I end up starving like two hours later.

Really? It totally fills me up.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    So a public service announcement. For future reference if you get to the airport and have left your drivers license in another coat and don't have it at the airport you can actually show other ID such as a credit card, insurance card, work ID and with a 'modified pat down' they will let you fly. Who knew?

My hubby had this happen several years ago. I just thought that he was just being his incredibly persuasive self.
    He will have to go back to the land of the normal people... Or you may just need to get on a pedestal yourself.

I'll take a pedestal!
  • Oberon21
    Options

Of course! ;)

Exactly!

Thanks! This thread doesn't show up for some reason unless it's the most recently replied to? Otherwise I never see it. It's weird.

Flag it as a favorite.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options

Liquid calories are tough, they never seem that satiating. I eat overnight oats for breakfast and as an after dinner snack every day - combine 15gs of plain oats, 1 container of Greek yogurt, and a half scoop of protein powder and let sit in the refrigerator for at least a few hours. The combination is low fat with almost 30gs of protein, and is heavier and more filling than just a plain yogurt or protein shake.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Bry_Lander wrote: »

Liquid calories are tough, they never seem that satiating. I eat overnight oats for breakfast and as an after dinner snack every day - combine 15gs of plain oats, 1 container of Greek yogurt, and a half scoop of protein powder and let sit in the refrigerator for at least a few hours. The combination is low fat with almost 30gs of protein, and is heavier and more filling than just a plain yogurt or protein shake.

Hmmmm, I am interested in this. How many calories? Do you rotate different protein powders for different flavors?

@Bry_Lander
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

You don't cook it?! :/
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hmmmm, I am interested in this. How many calories? Do you rotate different protein powders for different flavors?

@Bry_Lander

@quiksylver296
    I generally buy the protein powder in bulk, so i have the same flavor for quite awhile, but it generally doesn't overwhelm the overall taste because you mostly taste the yogurt.

Here are the stats from this morning's mix (I don't like peach, which is included in a variety pack, so I mix it with a different flavor, so that is why there is half of each flavor. I mix two servings at a time, FYI):

Quaker Oats - Old Fashioned 100% Natural Whole Grain, 0.1875 cup dry 56 cals
    Mp Combat Powder - Protein Powder- Cookies N Cream, 0.51 scoop 72 cals
    Chobani Blueberry - Greek Yogurt, 0.5 container 65 cals
    Chobani - Greek Yogurt - Peach - Nonfat, 2.65 oz. 60 cals

Over all, that is 253 calories, 32g carbs, 2g fat, and 27g protein.

@MoHousdon no cooking required