The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!

I'd like to share two horoscopes I've read in the past few days (prior and during this whole thing). Whether you believe in that jazz or not...sometimes just hearing things or having seeds planted in your mind help get you going.

The first one was ONE day prior to interviewing with my old bestie I haven't seen in 16 or so years.

"Consider the vocational alterations you'd like to make, and formulate a plan. Put pressure on anyone you feel can help you reach your goal. Connect with people from your past."

Wut. Tootally gave me confidence for the interview.

Today - "To hell with my sufffering." I suggest you make that your mantra for now. Anytime you feel a sour thought impinging on your perceptions, say "To hell with my suffering." And then immediately follow it up with "It's all too beautiful." Be ruthless about this, Virgo. If you sense an imminent outbreak of pettiness, or if a critical voice in your head blurts out a curse, or if a pesky ghost nags you, simply say, "To hell with my suffering." and then "It's all too beautiful. In this way, you can take advantage of the fact that you now have more power over your emotional pain than usual."

Wut. I've been trying to tell myself I'm better than where I'm at. I'm supposed to do more, be more. Get past the uncomfortable stuff...beat it. This was just amazing to read today. It reads so oddly but damn...

Anywaaaaays...thanks again for your ongoing support in this very trying time for me!!! I'll be back tomorrow for my fiiiiiinal 2nd shift here!!!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,205 Member
    Options
    My horoscope said, "You will fine hidden riches..... In bed". Wait, that was my fortune cookie. :smile: Frankie, I was working as a Mandrin linguist for the military and I kept telling myself that I was better than that. I finally had someone convince me that I should follow my dreams and I took a chance on veterinary school. I've been a vet now for 20 years. It was the best thing I could have done. If I hadn't made that leap of faith, I'd have never known. It's like Joe and the Volcano. You may get spit back out, but you won't know until you try. I know you can do this! It's right up your alley. :smile:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I started my Monday tonight and noticed MFP did some changes. Our thread is under "Fun & Games"? Everyone that works night shift knows this isn't fun and games!!!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Occasionally I get a puppy in and once we fix it, it's fun and games. :smile:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Laaaaast shift (here)!!!!!!

I went looking for this thread under chit chat...huh...never woud have looked under fun and games....had to search it.

Today...for one of the jobs I did...I packed bearings that weighed 1.3 lbs a piece...and I did about 200. That means I picked up 200+ lbs three times (not all at once obvs....once to put full boxes of parts on my table, once to pack and once to put in finished container). Soooo...my arms moved about 780 lbs of parts...for that one job! Damn! I'm not saying it is hard or heavy...just that my arms last week were NOT moving any pounds of anything, lol. (I also packed nearly 1000 .3 lb bearings before lunch! I'm so competitive...I want to beat everyone else...sick...)
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    My horoscope said, "You will fine hidden riches..... In bed". Wait, that was my fortune cookie. :smile: Frankie, I was working as a Mandrin linguist for the military and I kept telling myself that I was better than that. I finally had someone convince me that I should follow my dreams and I took a chance on veterinary school. I've been a vet now for 20 years. It was the best thing I could have done. If I hadn't made that leap of faith, I'd have never known. It's like Joe and the Volcano. You may get spit back out, but you won't know until you try. I know you can do this! It's right up your alley. :smile:

Yup...that's what I keep telling myself. I'm better than _______ until I get where I think I shoud be! Anytime I start to feel like maybe I shouldn't try whatever...I think of the regret of not trying...terrible...

Thanks! :)

• sufferlandrian
    Options
    Last shift! Yeah Frankie! Going on to bigger and better things. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Not sure if I'm on all night of if I'm going to get off at midnight. It'll be fun to find out. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I practically pulled an all-nighter last night studying for a test (about 3.5 hrs sleep) but it payed off because I'm pretty sure I aced it. And now...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Nice!! I love when an all nighter pays off. :smile:
  • LCbaby0x
    LCbaby0x Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    sooo sleepy. ive been up since 3 am yesterday !! bleh.
  • fireguy262
    fireguy262 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    LCbaby0x wrote: »

that's rough....good luck
  • LCbaby0x
    LCbaby0x Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Lol thanks! Pray for me lol
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    LCbaby0x wrote: »

Good grief, I'd fall over. Time for my weekend at work.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Back again for another fun weekend of night and dayshift. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Meme, I'm on the night shift!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    :D

I'm here too
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Here as well. I expect it to be a quiet weekend especially with Monday being a holiday.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    e6m7dy5jvfcm.jpg

This.