Stay-at-home Moms 1/12-1/18

Options

Replies

• abetterme
    abetterme Posts: 393
    Options
    I know 3/4 of you are going to think I am TOTALLY crazy for saying this but I miss having a baby in the house. I have actually been fighting with that very issue for the last 6 months emotionally. :flowerforyou:

Actually, i dont think you are crazy at all!! I have 3 teens, had a good full time job and one day decided that It just wasnt enough. Talked to my hubby about becoming foster parents, went through state training for it, quit my job to be at home and just before we got licensed, decided that I had completely lost my marbles.. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I decided that instead of all those sleepless nights and needing a sitter for my "mom time", doing daycare would be a better option. I dont regret the decision one bit! My kids are teens, so they help out when they get home but just being able to be home during the day has saved me...stresswise. I know THAT sounds nuts... but it was so much harder for me to manage my house, kids, homework, sports and a full time job. I didnt have time for myself like I do now. Now my house is clean, laundry gets done, I dont have to pack or buy a lunch every day or make sure I have clothes for work. I can cook dinner everyday and actually look forward to it. I have 3 kids part time, 1 full time (altho shes out right now cuz of a layoff) and I wouldnt trade my day job for anything in the world. I still get to experience the baby things, yet she goes home at 4pm and she's alot cheaper than having one of my own. I love the little booger to death and almost feel like it a crime sometimes that I get paid to watch her.. LOL!

I actually get to babysitt for a girlfriend next year. She works at a school and her youngest right now is 10 and she decided to have another baby and is due in June, so when she goes back to school I will be babysitting for her.:love:
  • DaniellaAnn
    Options
    Just wondering what mommies on here gain weight when it is their TOM. How much have you gained? I have gained 4 lbs in the last two days, but I think a lot of it is water. For the past week I have been drinking aroung 4 litres of water every day.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Wow I swear if I don't check in 3 times a day I get SO far behind.
    Sara-milkshakes at 2 in the morning sounds good to me. I would have sat at the table and let him serve me :laugh:

Welcome to some more newbies.
    Hi Marla
    abetterme-seriously I don't know how you make it thru a day, just reading your posts exhaust me

Okay I didn't wanna have to go back and quote everyone but I might have too
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Just wondering what mommies on here gain weight when it is their TOM. How much have you gained? I have gained 4 lbs in the last two days, but I think a lot of it is water. For the past week I have been drinking aroung 4 litres of water every day.

I don't really gain much weight but I think it's because I am on the pill so I don't have a bad PMS either.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options

I haven't had that time of the month in over a year so I couldn't say!

Dana-I'm sorry you are having an emotional time. I was really emotional over the weekend and seriously I thought I was going to lose my mind. When I woke up this morning, everything was better. I felt better, I didn't yell at my son, I got up ate worked out...it was weird. It happens. I hope you work thru this.

Mommachag-thank you for the suggestion about the coins and talk time...we may have to try that one.

Losingit4good-your comment about your hubby eating healthy and not telling him cracked me up. I fixed a whole bunch of "health" food last week and my hubby said everything was GREAT and he believe that you have to cook everything with BUTTER and OIL in order for it to taste good. Then again he's a garbage disposal and will eat anything I put in front of him so I guess it might as well be healthy.

Lori-congrats to your Steelies for their win yesterday!! I can understand being sad about moving thru Harley's clothes. Adi went from 0-3s to 6-9s. She only wore her 3-6 stuff for about 2 weeks.

Adi weighed in at 16 lbs 10 oz today. 26 3/4 inches. She has grown so much in the last 2 months its just amazing. I've eaten very little today..just too busy so I'm going to *spoil* myself with fajitas this evening. WAHOO!!!
    Hope everyone else is having a good day.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options

Losingit4good-your comment about your hubby eating healthy and not telling him cracked me up. I fixed a whole bunch of "health" food last week and my hubby said everything was GREAT and he believe that you have to cook everything with BUTTER and OIL in order for it to taste good. Then again he's a garbage disposal and will eat anything I put in front of him so I guess it might as well be healthy.

I've eaten very little today..just too busy so I'm going to *spoil* myself with fajitas this evening. WAHOO!!!
    Hope everyone else is having a good day.

I always gain about 3#'s of water weight during TOM. Im hoping the improved diet will help with the bad PMS after a few months. I always drink loads more water, more than my usual, around that time too and it seems to help with symptoms.

LOL... arent our guys funny! Mine isnt allowed to cook ANYTHING in my kitchen except eggs or pizza. I let him make dinner one night after we moved into our home 6 years ago and it ended up all over the cieling..:laugh: :noway: :laugh: :noway: :laugh: I know......Anyway.. he was fired from any kind of kitchen cooking since we had to repaint the cieling. Hes not adverse to eating healthier, but if I tell him its healthy he will pick it apart and say it doesnt taste as good, especially if its hard to notice a difference. He is German and his mom always cooked high fat, high cal stuff... still does...so Im always looking for ways to cut out the fat and cal without sacrificing the flavor of the food. What he doesnt know will probably save his life someday... LOL
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Daniella - My TOM is so irregular I couldn't even tell you. My cycles are nuts, sometimes I gain, sometimes I lose, sometimes I throw things...:indifferent: don't judge me. :wink:

Lyn - Aww! She's about the same size as Tabitha...but Tabitha's older. She's petite, the first of my children to be petite. The other 2 are doorways.

ABetterMe - I SO understand! If I could get one of them to stay somewhere between 0 & 4 months old, I'd do it in a heartbeat! I LOVE having a baby in the house...but they always turn into "people" with "mouths". :grumble:
  • 3babybeans
    Options

Whenever I have any type of alcohol my body does all sorts of things-- hee-- most of them naughty !! hee.

You naughty, naughty girl, Marla! LOL :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Whenever I have any type of alcohol my body does all sorts of things-- hee-- most of them naughty !! hee.

Embarassed.gif
  • 3babybeans
    Options

Embarassed.gif

No one said that was a BAD thing! LOL
  • Marla64
    Options
    :devil: :devil: :devil:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Now whenever I see your av "tequilla makes her clothes fall off" is going to play in my head. LOL
  • Marla64
    Options
    LOL:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Yep! There it is!

:laugh:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Now whenever I see your av "tequilla makes her clothes fall off" is going to play in my head. LOL

LOLOLOL.. oh my... not another "tequila" drinker... hehehe
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    I just got done playing on the wii! Love it! I might try yoga or something tomorrow. And the long distance run. I got 139% on the short run. :happy: I wonder if I will be sore tomorrow? lol
    I'm so glad it works now! Alex likes it too. He was grinning while I was helping him bowl. He bowled a 197! :laugh:
    Just had to tell you all!
    MM
  • jackobean29
    jackobean29 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to see someone else that struggles as I do. I also went on a 3 day binge and gained 6 pounds, I have a really hard time forgiving myself for these binges. I have lost weight several times in large amounts and gained the weight back in large amounts, never achieving my goals. It get's harder each time I gain or fail to pick myself up again. I am very much like an addict, once i start I can't stop. I was also feeling like completely giving up today. My weight has consumed my energy and thoughts for years, IT'S FRUSTRATING and makes a person tired. Then I think of the reality that if I don't pick myself up for the 1000th time, I am once again going to have to buy new clothes and I will never get rid of all the aches and pains in my body. As for friends, 2 good friends are all you need. I don't have any answers for you, just letting you know that you are not alone. You and I both need to learn to forgive ourselves and love ourselves. When I am feeling depressed like this I also like to shut myself away from the world because I don't want anyone to see how I feel and I'm ashamed. This wave of depression will pass, go shopping, read a book, take a bath, play some music, scrapbook, do something or anything to take your mind off your weight and something to make yourself feel good. I know how "consuming" trying to lose weight can be. Take Care, take a break and I hope to se you back. Your post has given me a boost knowing that there are others out there who are suffering as I.

Mornin ladies...

Well lets see..I'm a lil peeved with myslef:mad: I have gained 6 pounds over the last week...I'm so freakin ticked...:explode: :mad: :explode: I'm tired all the time, I'm hungry all the time, I'm just peeved all the time....I have been so stressed the last 6 months..I dont know if I've comin or goin right now..Saturday night I went to bed at 6pm got up @ 9pm to eat (nothin but fruit) then @ 10am I was back in bed til 8am the next morning..I wasnt depressed when I slept I was so freakin pi$$ed off:explode: :mad: that I was seeing red and crying, so I figured it was best if I just went to bed..I felt emtionaly drained and the sleep did help me feel better..But it doesnt mean I was so depressed I needed to sleep...But let me tell the the dreams I had that night where awful..You know it just really ticks me off ppl on here have told me I'm an inspriration* to them..I'm glad I can make ppl happy but I dont feel like I'm %hit right now...I feel like a big flippin faliure not with just my weight loss but with a few things in my life what lil life I have..You know I'm a sad lil person, I was gonna cancel my internet but then I thought no u cant cuz then u have no one to talk to..Thats how sad my life is..I have 2 friends in the real world..Yeah I have ppl who I talk to when I'm out but I only have 2 real friends...Gosh my life is sad:cry: If it wasnt for my kids I dont know what I would do..They are the only reason I breathe..No I dont want to freakin die...I just want , I dont know what I want..:indifferent: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I am so done with it..I dont think I will be back for awhile...I'm not sure..I'm sorry I poured all this out here..I just needed to get it out before I really blew up..Thanks for lettin me vent..I maybe back around later I'm to addiacted* to this site to stay way to long..I hope everyone else is doin ok and sorry ladies....
    [/quote]
  • supermom1114
    Options
    Wow, first day n already 4 pages, sorry girls Im too exhausted to respond to everyone but I have read through them. So heres kinda a catchall lol-

:flowerforyou: Welcome New Mommies!:flowerforyou:

Thanks everyone for the encouragement, its definitely a tough time for me at the moment. But I'm still going to step on the scale tomorrow, just to keep myself in check, n to try n create a habit.

I hope everyone is doing well in their weightloss journey!

To all of you with sick, needy, or just fussy children/babies, I hope we all can get a good nights rest soon! Ayden only poops every 1-2 days, it varies, but he just seems so uncomfortable n gassy, n I think I've tried taking every possible thing out of my diet and still no help. Gripe Water has helped a bit but theres still a few fussy times that he seems like hes in pain... I'm wondering if its teething, I know hes only 2 months but he drools SO much and here lately hes calmed down a few times when I've given him his pacifier which he NEVER liked before so I dunno, Dr's appt Wed. so I'm going to ask about it.

SO today was a LONG day. Got up and had to balance showering and getting ready with taking care of Ayden, both my parents go to work early so Im all alone. Then had to pack the rest of hubby's gear that he needed then had to get all of Aydens stufff n finally I left for Austin. Got there and ate lunch n went to the mall with hubby... then came back n Ayden was fussy about half the time on the trip back ugh, I HATE driving with my baby crying and I feel like I cant do anything, it was at night on 290, going through "the sticks" out in booney land with no lights and very few gas stations to stop at to try and comfort him on the way ugh..... I'm finally back home, Ayden is asleep in his bassinet so I'm hoping he stays that way and as soon as I'm done pumping I can go to bed.. ugh and slap on top of all of that I won't see hubby until Mar 23, then hes home for only a week and thens hes gone to Iraq...... both Ayden n I were crying on the way home, ugh ok I'm done pumping, I'm off to bed hopefully Ayden stays asleep I really just need to crash I'm emotionally and physically drained:yawn: :yawn: :frown: :frown: :indifferent: :indifferent: :sad: :sad: :sad: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
  • mazzle76
    Options
    hi to all the mummys out there
    im a sahm in sydney, australia with a little 4.5 month old boy

totally relate to the thoughts of bub growing up so quick - my boy is on the big side and is in cloth nappies, so was in the next size very early (all the bub clothes are now made for little disposie bums.

gee you guys all post lots - takes a while to read.. but gives me something to read while b/f-ing.

re the pink-eye - is that the same as conjunctivitis? if you can produce any, mooju (mummy-milk) will sort that right out in a flash - better than any store bought or saline solution!!!

anyway, got dinner on the go - indian lamb meatball curry with rice - yum

mazzle
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    hi to all the mummys out there
    im a sahm in sydney, australia with a little 4.5 month old boy

totally relate to the thoughts of bub growing up so quick - my boy is on the big side and is in cloth nappies, so was in the next size very early (all the bub clothes are now made for little disposie bums.

gee you guys all post lots - takes a while to read.. but gives me something to read while b/f-ing.

re the pink-eye - is that the same as conjunctivitis? if you can produce any, mooju (mummy-milk) will sort that right out in a flash - better than any store bought or saline solution!!!

anyway, got dinner on the go - indian lamb meatball curry with rice - yum

mazzle

I have a friend that lives here that is origianlly from Austrailia & reading your post put Kira's picture in my head! Welcome to the group! Pink eye is the same thing as conjunctivitis. I've never heard of using breastmilk for that! I'll have to try it if we get an outbreak again in the next 3 months. Thanks!