What SMALL thing did you do today to help with your journey?

Replies

• bacalaway
    bacalaway Posts: 6 Member
    Didn't eat the chips at a work meeting and then didn't eat any of my son's burger and fries!!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Well...I over-over ate, with chocolates, caramels, and popcorn. But I also lifted all the weights so let's just hope I'm getting some good gains. Good gym performance with the extra fuel.
  • PrincessBanana89
    PrincessBanana89 Posts: 24 Member
    Eat more slowly, it helps a ton!
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Anyone working on small changes today?
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    I got in a good workout of shoveling snow for 30 minutes. Who needs a gym?
  • khristiana
    khristiana Posts: 131 Member
    Cheese is my kryptonite as well! My small step for today was to make sure I cooked a healthy meal for dinner last night, with enough left over for a healthy lunch today! Meal prep and planning is KEY!
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Someone gave us a huge bag of candy. I did not eat any because it would have be a slippery slope I would have went back for just one piece many times. I felt good about saying no thank you!
  • Melzine
    Melzine Posts: 187 Member
    Checked out the local fitness center
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    I'm prepping for our hike on Friday by making my dog a backpack so he can carry his own things. It's a small thing since it's not necessary to have but it's uplifting to do. I'll also take him on a long-ish walk later to work on his training more - 2 yr old 90lb german shepherd so it's got to be right. He's never been hiking with us :)

I haven't been able to hike in awhile first because of time (incredible devastating stressful situation thrown at us), then my back and finally the weather here in the last month or two lol.

I'm so freaking happy to be planning this because a hike leaves me feeling strong and motivated and elevates my mood. Hiking is my happy place.
  • harowlands
    harowlands Posts: 19 Member
    I have not and will not eat chocolate today! Go me!
  • Melzine
    Melzine Posts: 187 Member
    I went walking for 30 min
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Decided to up my protein goal to 114 grams and decrease my sugar goal to 40 grams! My BIG step of the day was not getting my usual sugar-filled coffee.
  • lionrace
    lionrace Posts: 11 Member
    I've lost about 10 pounds now which is the point where I typically lose momentum and start gaining again, which is NOT going to happen this time, so I know I need to kick it into high gear. I got super inspired yesterday reading other people's NSV's (non-scale victories) on MFP, so finally got up the courage to start C25K again. And I didn't suck! Also trying to shave about 100 off my daily calorie intake for a little extra help. Baby steps!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Bad night last night- had trouble sleeping. I am just struggling to not grab sugar and carbs. That's what got me here - replacing sleep with sugar
  • daltonjsmom
    daltonjsmom Posts: 74 Member
    Walked for a half hour before work today and am on track with my water (1/2 gallon at work, 1/2 gallon when I get home).
  • EddieV2
    EddieV2 Posts: 19 Member
    edited February 2016
    I got my *kitten* to the gym after not going yesterday. I finally have energy today and my mood is fantastic. As a narcoleptic, every day that I don't go to the gym and push myself, I end up having poor energy and a sour mood. :neutral:

Feeling great today though! :smile:

That's what it's all about, making those small changes to keep yourself happy, sane, an energized.
  • Wildflowerhill
    Wildflowerhill Posts: 1 Member
    I cleaned out my pantry and gathered ALL the chocolates and candy and put them out of sight!
  • Summerberry1012
    Summerberry1012 Posts: 109 Member
    edited February 2016
    I actually made the hubby and I breakfast this morning! We're not morning people at all... But hopefully we can work on that