40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Ckeymom
    Ckeymom Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    @wonderwoman1205 me too! I'm not giving up! Good luck on your journey!
  • flutterphotogal503
    Options

@flutterphotogal503 Awesome! Keep it up the inches will soon follow. This is my two cents…for those micronutrients unless your doctor says you need more then you can really focus on that (a simply blood test will verify that). I feel that if you are eating balanced meals and have a calorie deficit, exercise regularly you will be ok. Granted I have not looked at your diary…but some things to consider for more potassium could be dark leafy greens, fish, avocados and of course bananas. For iron spinach and chicken liver, yes I did say that, lol. I’m severely anemic (as the doctor says) so getting my iron up is a work in progress. And liver is actually quite tasty. But this is coming from a gal who isn’t afraid of eating different meats. Had Kangaroo sliders couple weeks back; that is not high in iron, btw, lol.
    There are many more ways to increase both, those are just suggestions based on my experience so take it for what its worth. :)

Thank you for the advice and encouragement! I actually love chicken liver & hadn't thought "outside the box" on meat protiens - great idea!
  • flutterphotogal503
    flutterphotogal503 Posts: 17 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Morning cool kids! Tomorrow is my second week of logging completely - I'm set my measurement/weigh day for Fridays & am anxiously awaiting the outcome. Feeling positive & see where there is a lot of areas to improve in. The first and foremost one being portion sizes. The next being exercise - I knew I was sedentary, but WOW. Never use to be this way - I was the mom who rollerbladed & shot hoops. I set up the Pacer app on my phone to track steps. I work from home, and the days I work, my steps don't even reach 500. No wonder I've gained so much weight since I switched to working from home. :'( You all are my encouragement!

Editted for spelling - off to drink more coffee!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    aqip78mry8k7.jpg

Still killin it I see!
    yup, just doin' what I do. :p
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    LEGS! DONE!
  • KitchyWitchy
    KitchyWitchy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I just turned 47 and I'm losing around 80 pounds. I'm loving MFP. Add me :)
  • gam3rguy
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I just turned 47 and I'm losing around 80 pounds. I'm loving MFP. Add me :)
    +1 for Evil-Lyn avatar!!! :)

• loricullen2
    loricullen2 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I would love to join. Like others have already said, I don't know how. I'm almost 48 and some days cannot believe I am 50 pounds overweight when I used to teach tennis, play tennis every day and run. But I'm done wondering and ready to get back to a place of good health -- and good energy!
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I've only had 2 weeks out of the gym.... One full week of that was skiing so not exactly doing nothing. Had 4 rest days when we got home and after two short morning sessions in the gym yesterday and today, I can barely walk down the stairs!! I never thought I'd be feeling like this, that week's skiing has clearly taken far more out of me than I gave it credit for!

On the plus side, I noticed that my thighs don't wobble as much as they used to!!
  • jenwolski
    jenwolski Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Anyone here do Orangetheory? It has been my exercise savior!!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    . We held our 3rd annual Women's Health Gala and it was a HUGE success. The topic was "Keeping Sex Alive". Do you think our success had anything to do with the topic? Just a little maybe eh? lol.

Ok so how do you keep sex alive? ??

Oh, there are many ways. ;)
  • sdereski
    Options
    Happy Thursday folks! Got my workout in yesterday and successfully completed a 2 day nutritional cleanse. Am always amazed at how good I feel after doing that. I don't normally do 2 days, but did manage it this time.

@jenwolski - I checked Orangetheory online. Sounds intense. I read an interesting article about the "theory" behind it. Not sure I would survive it. Lol.

Am off to the city tomorrow for some appointments and for my granddaughter's 1st birthday party. <3

NSV for me last week - we had stopped at a McDonald's to let the baby stretch her legs and "walk", She was hanging on to my fingers as we walked about the place. An elderly couple were sitting there when the man looked at us and commented how the years his children were small like that were the best years of his life, and told me to treasure every moment because before I know it, they will be grown and gone. I told him I totally understood, as this was my granddaughter. He paused, looked at me and said "well compliments to you, I would never have thought that. I thought you were the mother." I smiled. Should have walked around the corner again with my 6'2" bearded son and said "this is MY baby". LOL.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,930 Member
    Options
    Yay for keeping sex alive, sdereski! I think, allenpriest, what is key is that, when young, "desire" often comes before "arousal"....as we age, "arousal" can preface "desire"....so, even when couples may not "feel like it", if they work on arousing each other, once aroused, the desire often comes.

Yayyyyyy!!

Anyway, I lifted, today. BOOM!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    Yay for keeping sex alive, sdereski! I think, allenpriest, what is key is that, when young, "desire" often comes before "arousal"....as we age, "arousal" can preface "desire"....so, even when couples may not "feel like it", if they work on arousing each other, once aroused, the desire often comes.

BINGO!

• Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hello to everyone. I am still here, but not been doing as well as I should of been. The last three weeks my eating has not been very good. I need to get back at it, my jeans are tight. It's amazing how much 4-5 lbs can really make your pants super uncomfortable. So, that's where I am, too many sweets around and I need to get away from them. I will get there. Just got to do it. I hope you all are well, and keeping up with it.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Ah!!! So many posts so little time!!!! Very interesting conversations here!!! Sdereski, great to see you!!!! Happy Birthday to your grandbaby! Beeps, I'm the same way, it can take months to lose 5 lbs Ugh!!! Have a great evening!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Back & Bis=Done!
  • flutterphotogal503
    Options
    Weigh in success! Lost 1.2 pounds since last week & 2 inches in my waist since I started this journey!!!!
  • Brigit32
    Brigit32 Posts: 14 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    alf1163 wrote: »
    We are a group of 40+ (40 yrs and older) peope who like to stay healthy by eating clean, exercising, etc. We support each other by providing health info, giving each other ideas on how to be healthy as we get older. Feel free to join the conversation. We usually report our weightloss/ weight gain, inches lost, struggles, goals, etc on Fridays.

What are your fitness/health goals for this year???

I'd like to join ;)

I'm a 47 year old female: 5'1 and 127 pounds.

I workout two to three times a week and have a pretty active lifestyle.

My goal is to lose three to five pounds of fat and gain three pounds of muscle. I'm having a hard time staying motivated and could use a nice group like this.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Weigh in success! Lost 1.2 pounds since last week & 2 inches in my waist since I started this journeyu50niipftzgn.jpeg
    mbfvqascbwye.png
    !!!!

That's awesome! Congrats! What are you doing?

@Brigit32, welcome! You are pretty close to your goal but it gets tougher when you are that close. What are you doing now?

I did my workouts this morning. I'm doing 5 different challenges, 3 are part of 1. 11wks ago I joined a free 12 week Idealshape up challenge. Next week is my last. In early Feb a friend started a fitness challenge on Facebook, see the pics. She added the waist trimmer within a week into the first. Along with it she asked us to do 30 minutes of cardio on most days. I added a challenge of my own while at work. I work on the 13th floor, the bldg has 15. So once a day that I'm at work I take the stairs from 1-15 and then down to 13. I take the elevator down to the 1st. My knees hurt and make a horrible sound if I go down that many flights of stairs.
    So I've been exercising a lot lately. My eating has been pretty good as well. Might do some damage today because I'm going to the Rodeo with my family. I'm planning on controlling what I eat and drink.

Have a great day!!!