Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Nina_Ekoko wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

Its funny you say this because sometimes, i will have weak moments when i buy things i should not eat. so i put it in water, because if i just toss it, i will get it out and eat it. LOL.

-_-

I actually did that with cheesecake the other week :D.

I ate almost all of the cheesecake in one sitting & threw the rest in a plastic zip close bag in the trash. Awhile later I took it out of the trash & ate the rest haha.

So embarrassing to actually confess that one LOL!

You must have semi thought you would do that our you wouldn't have put it in a plastic bag. ;)

True haha.

Today I didn't exercise for Lent, but I am still counting it since I pushed carts at work for around 10-15 minutes.

I still haven't bought any processed snacks or had ice cream. It is getting harder now that the Easter candy is starting to appear, but I will stay strong & not buy any.

I have been doing good the last few days. I hope I can keep it up when I get home!

You would be proud of me today considering what I gave up for Lent!

The struggle was real.

I walked down our store's Easter Candy aisle & salivated over all of the Easter Candy (not literally of course). I picked up a package of the Mini Cadbury Eggs & sniffed their chocolate goodness. Thank God no one saw me do that or that would be quite embarrassing. I didn't buy a damn thing :). The Carrot Cake Hershey Kisses & M&M Sundae flavor looked good.

I then went to Giant & only bought 2 Pineapple Cottage Cheese & a frozen Evol meal I've wanted to try forever. No processed snack/junk foods were bought.

You should've seen me at the ice cream aisle. I probably stood their five minutes staring at all of the new flavors! I know where I am going after Lent is over. So many new brands & flavors.

Yay! Now...do me a favor don't undo everything the day after easter. Learn new good habits.

Yeah after Lent I am only buying one or two ice creams & then finishing them & then buying more. I am not going to hoard food/snacks like I did before since all the choices can be overwhelming when you're looking for a snack in the cupboard.

Yes but maybe buy 1 a week and make that treat day? Or 2 days a week?

Most of the ice creams/gelatos I buy are pints that are around (four servings per container).

Limit 1 per 2 weeks? Just trying to be helpful!

That's what I'll probably end up doing.

I'm not sure I'll buy any Easter Candy to be honest. I might buy a package of Peeps to roast on a campfire, but none of the candies have really called out to me. The only Easter Candy I might buy a few of are the Russell Stover Eggs.

The only new food item that's not ice cream that I might try once Lent is over is the new Oreos that are supposed to taste like a cupcake. I wish Oreos would come out with sample size packs of all the new flavors that way you don't have to buy a whole pack.

I made sure I squeezed in a workout today even though I didn't feel like doing one. Just Dance for the win! My three year old niece even tried to dance. It was funny/cute.

I am still good on the vegan part. There were a few sketchy things that probably had dairy in them this part week but I am not going to stress about it. The weekend is always good exercise but I did blow my streak yesterday. Went back to bed rather than exercise.

You deserve a rest :). What's the hardest to give up when you go Vegan?

I might need to skip my exercise everyday in Lent since I was limping a bit at work.

That is a bummer what did you do to yourself?

I don't find going vegan hard in terms of missing food (I mostly eat vegan anyway and have been vegetarian for 20+ years) it's when you are starving and everything you look at has some kind of daily product in it that gets tough. I am going to try to start to cook for myself (maybe) that will help.

I am thinking it's from playing Just Dance the past two days, sleeping on my leg wrong, or standing on my feet for around 7-8 hours a day. I might just walk for my exercise during the rest of Lent.

That would be hard as far as finding food that is animal friendly & can fit into your overall diet. Do you have a lot of restaurants near you that are vegan friendly?

No but most restaurants are pretty good about cooking alternatives and I have no problem asking for things cooked differently than they call for in a menu. Unusual diet requests are so common now. Sometimes I end up with just a large plate of vegetables but if they are cooked well that is ok by me!

If you get into the back-woods and very rural America you might have more problems, just plain due to lack of the number of people who eat that way and the restaurants / cooks not having any real experience in accommodating and understanding special diets. Daughter, TK, and I stopped at a restaurant on the way back from Ren Fair last weekend where they had never heard of gluten-free. It was surreal - as if going back in time 20 years to when I was diagnosed. They were very nice and tried - but as soon as we saw the food we knew we could not eat it. It was not their fault and they tried, but they just didn't understand the necessity of avoiding cross contamination, etc. Even daughter's garden salad was contaminated. We enjoyed the ambience and watched TK eat. We made it look as if we'd had some of our meal and headed down the road. That is the first real strike-out in food I have had in a long time.

I had a funny experience in rural PA. I told them I was vegan (last time I tried this) and people were coming up to me to meet me saying they had never met a vegan before. I was a local celebrity. It was so funny. I had a very limited diet there. :#
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

Its funny you say this because sometimes, i will have weak moments when i buy things i should not eat. so i put it in water, because if i just toss it, i will get it out and eat it. LOL.

-_-

I ate almost all of the cheesecake in one sitting & threw the rest in a plastic zip close bag in the trash. Awhile later I took it out of the trash & ate the rest haha.

You must have semi thought you would do that our you wouldn't have put it in a plastic bag. ;)

True haha.

Today I didn't exercise for Lent, but I am still counting it since I pushed carts at work for around 10-15 minutes.

I still haven't bought any processed snacks or had ice cream. It is getting harder now that the Easter candy is starting to appear, but I will stay strong & not buy any.

I have been doing good the last few days. I hope I can keep it up when I get home!

The struggle was real.

I walked down our store's Easter Candy aisle & salivated over all of the Easter Candy (not literally of course). I picked up a package of the Mini Cadbury Eggs & sniffed their chocolate goodness. Thank God no one saw me do that or that would be quite embarrassing. I didn't buy a damn thing :). The Carrot Cake Hershey Kisses & M&M Sundae flavor looked good.

I then went to Giant & only bought 2 Pineapple Cottage Cheese & a frozen Evol meal I've wanted to try forever. No processed snack/junk foods were bought.

You should've seen me at the ice cream aisle. I probably stood their five minutes staring at all of the new flavors! I know where I am going after Lent is over. So many new brands & flavors.

Yay! Now...do me a favor don't undo everything the day after easter. Learn new good habits.

Yeah after Lent I am only buying one or two ice creams & then finishing them & then buying more. I am not going to hoard food/snacks like I did before since all the choices can be overwhelming when you're looking for a snack in the cupboard.

Most of the ice creams/gelatos I buy are pints that are around (four servings per container).

I'm not sure I'll buy any Easter Candy to be honest. I might buy a package of Peeps to roast on a campfire, but none of the candies have really called out to me. The only Easter Candy I might buy a few of are the Russell Stover Eggs.

The only new food item that's not ice cream that I might try once Lent is over is the new Oreos that are supposed to taste like a cupcake. I wish Oreos would come out with sample size packs of all the new flavors that way you don't have to buy a whole pack.

I made sure I squeezed in a workout today even though I didn't feel like doing one. Just Dance for the win! My three year old niece even tried to dance. It was funny/cute.

I am still good on the vegan part. There were a few sketchy things that probably had dairy in them this part week but I am not going to stress about it. The weekend is always good exercise but I did blow my streak yesterday. Went back to bed rather than exercise.

I might need to skip my exercise everyday in Lent since I was limping a bit at work.

I don't find going vegan hard in terms of missing food (I mostly eat vegan anyway and have been vegetarian for 20+ years) it's when you are starving and everything you look at has some kind of daily product in it that gets tough. I am going to try to start to cook for myself (maybe) that will help.

I am thinking it's from playing Just Dance the past two days, sleeping on my leg wrong, or standing on my feet for around 7-8 hours a day. I might just walk for my exercise during the rest of Lent.

That would be hard as far as finding food that is animal friendly & can fit into your overall diet. Do you have a lot of restaurants near you that are vegan friendly?

No but most restaurants are pretty good about cooking alternatives and I have no problem asking for things cooked differently than they call for in a menu. Unusual diet requests are so common now. Sometimes I end up with just a large plate of vegetables but if they are cooked well that is ok by me!

If you get into the back-woods and very rural America you might have more problems, just plain due to lack of the number of people who eat that way and the restaurants / cooks not having any real experience in accommodating and understanding special diets. Daughter, TK, and I stopped at a restaurant on the way back from Ren Fair last weekend where they had never heard of gluten-free. It was surreal - as if going back in time 20 years to when I was diagnosed. They were very nice and tried - but as soon as we saw the food we knew we could not eat it. It was not their fault and they tried, but they just didn't understand the necessity of avoiding cross contamination, etc. Even daughter's garden salad was contaminated. We enjoyed the ambience and watched TK eat. We made it look as if we'd had some of our meal and headed down the road. That is the first real strike-out in food I have had in a long time.

I had a funny experience in rural PA. I told them I was vegan (last time I tried this) and people were coming up to me to meet me saying they had never met a vegan before. I was a local celebrity. It was so funny. I had a very limited diet there. :#

Very funny!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

-_-

True haha.

The struggle was real.

I would like to take this opportunity to point out that God mandates one day of rest per week. I think you could rest on Sundays without breaking Lent. I hope the limp disappears soon.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

-_-

True haha.

The struggle was real.

Did they ask for an autograph?

That's funny that you had people come up to meet you since you were a vegan.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I do good with my diet until i lose inches/weight or manage not to gain weight then go off course eating double my daily calories for a week only to gain weight. Ive been doing this since June and have gained 40 pounds because of it.

You have come to the right place. Most of us have done that. I've pretty much been off the wagon since December, but thankfully I only gained 8 pounds. I lost one of those last week and am doing better with my eating. Now to get my exercise mojo back and get the weight off.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @nonoelmo it was sooo good and actually not as bad as I thought calorie wise- made it a white mocha light frap (200 calories)
    Very nice! My splurge was petite Syrah from paso robles.

Y'all are making me want to run to Starbucks and walk back home.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

-_-

True haha.

The struggle was real.

I so hate it when that happens.... and I live in backwoods America, so it happens. I do have one local coffee shop that started keeping my loaf of GF bread in their freezer to make my sandwiches with on a separate panini press. That lasted about two months before other people ate my bread. Now they buy it themselves and make sure that at least one soup is GF daily and make a GF apple nut muffin with oatmeal instead of flour. I <3 them.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

-_-

True haha.

The struggle was real.

It was hysterical. I felt like something from a zoo. I had to keep explaining no dairy. Butter is dairy. No eggs. Desserts have eggs. My friend who was with me and I still laugh about it.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    Ok. My 5 k is on Saturday. I got on the treadmill at 1% incline and did a 31:03 5 k. We will see how that translates to the actual course. My next race is a five mile race on April 2.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

-_-

True haha.

The struggle was real.

It was hysterical. I felt like something from a zoo. I had to keep explaining no dairy. Butter is dairy. No eggs. Desserts have eggs. My friend who was with me and I still laugh about it.

I guess I could see how that could be fascinating to someone who is a non vegan.

What supplements can you use in recipes that require eggs?

Angel Food Cake is one dessert that I can think of that is just cake mix & water (not sure if there's any animal products in the cake mix though).
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I forgot BINGO yesterday! Sorry, guys. Still a bit out of it. But, here it is, a day late and a dollar short... :p

AND.....GO!!!!

kb2bqkhkqkpi.jpg
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    I forgot BINGO yesterday! Sorry, guys. Still a bit out of it. But, here it is, a day late and a dollar short... :p

AND.....GO!!!!

kb2bqkhkqkpi.jpg

Looks like you are on the rebound and feeling better!!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

AND.....GO!!!!

kb2bqkhkqkpi.jpg

Yep. Except hubby just texted and said the kiddo just puked... It's a never-ending cycle. :/
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Confession @Oberon21 I bought a ginormous bag of Cadbury mini eggs. They are hidden away at the top of my closet waiting for after Easter! :p
  • angie_kins
    angie_kins Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    So I thought maybe we could all use this to get something off of our chests. Confess to anything pertaining to your weight loss journey, it may even be a helpful tip for others! :)'

Please please PLEASEEEE refrain from being mean. :)

Here goes it!

I wear a trash bag under my clothing when I exercise and also for about half of my day.
    Yeah it's not as sophisticated as a Wrap or Those belly wrap things but honestly I like it better. It covers my whole upper body besides my neck, head, and arms. Maybe one of you do the same thing :P

On Saturday I ate a corn dog covered with chocolate sauce and sprinkles.
  • crosbylee
    Options

AND.....GO!!!!

kb2bqkhkqkpi.jpg

Yep. Except hubby just texted and said the kiddo just puked... It's a never-ending cycle. :/

I hope the kiddo is better soon. I hate it when the viruses start going around. Hopefully it is shortlived.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    angie_kins wrote: »
    So I thought maybe we could all use this to get something off of our chests. Confess to anything pertaining to your weight loss journey, it may even be a helpful tip for others! :)'

Here goes it!

I wear a trash bag under my clothing when I exercise and also for about half of my day.
    Yeah it's not as sophisticated as a Wrap or Those belly wrap things but honestly I like it better. It covers my whole upper body besides my neck, head, and arms. Maybe one of you do the same thing :P

I wish I were playing and not calling... :'(
  • crosbylee
    Options

Here goes it!

I wasnt' sure if this counted as dessert for dinner. If so, B-1!!!
  • nonoelmo
    Options

Here goes it!

What did you think of it? Did it taste good?
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Here goes it!

I wasnt' sure if this counted as dessert for dinner. If so, B-1!!!

As @MelissaPhippsFeagins said, it's the spirit of the confession. It works for me. @crosbylee gets the first square!