Replies

• thinmargit
    thinmargit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Great inspiration.
  • elaineously
    elaineously Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are a great example for us all to strive for. I was wondering though, did you have any problems with loose or saggy skin after loosing that much weight? I am concerned about that happening if I loose the 100 or so pounds that I need to.
  • Maeleemooka
    Maeleemooka Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow wow wow!! Thanks for sharing. Amazing job.
  • plectrum29
    plectrum29 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Just awesome...:)
  • morgo20
    morgo20 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    wow is all I can say.......
  • slackey77
    slackey77 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing and younger in your after pics! <3
  • VeganAmandaJ
    VeganAmandaJ Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!! That's truly wonderful!!
  • VeganAmandaJ
    Options
    Oh, and you look so great! Do you have a lot of excess skin?
  • Ani2bfit
    Ani2bfit Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story here. Totally inspiring!!! I am hoping to share my story here one day too. I've more than 70lbs to go
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    WOW
  • VeganAmandaJ
    Options
    Ahhh, got my answer here. Thanks. I love the attitude and that is exactly how I would feel. Awesome.

Ok, for the skin. I got lucky with my arms. I stayed hydrated, applied lotion daily (good stuff not bath and body works) and I made sure to exercise. Not arm workouts specifically. They were very jiggly at first. Over time they got better. As for the upper thigh and stomach area, I was not so fortunate. This was very hard for me to swallow at first. I worked so hard to lose weight but I didn't get the perks of a naturally skinny person. I eventually got over it. I realized that no matter how jiggly my stomach or legs were it was better than being fat. And my husband still loves me even with jiggly areas![/quote]

• delarosa261
    delarosa261 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You are amazing and very encouraging!!!!!
  • RedLipsRedDress
    RedLipsRedDress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Wonderful story! Thank you for sharing and congratulations on your success. I can relate to your story- family background, yo-yoing all of my life and finally getting myself together for my child. I have only one question? Did you do anything to convince your husband to try to lose some weight, too? I saw what you wrote about him in comments and it looks like it happened more like a side effect of what you were doing.
    While I'm losing, my hubby started gaining. He's not visibly overweight but he's gaining quickly and I'm afraid he likes it. I always offer him a fairly healthy dinner but he eats junk when I'm not around, denies to walk with me and has a beer every evening. I'd appreciate a little bit of advice or any opinion on the matter. I don't want him to count calories or to diet. I want to convince him that he could benefit from making healthier choices. So did you have to do this or it happened naturally? Thanks
  • eagreenhalgh
    eagreenhalgh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing and so much younger! Well done and thank you for sharing.
  • Lov3lif3
    Lov3lif3 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Amazing, well done
  • dede39
    dede39 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You look like whole different person. You look great. Love your story
  • BarbnKY
    BarbnKY Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your story. I am where you started :( and I really need some advice on how to start getting active. I had an injury that left me bedridden for a few months and I lost all my core strength so I am doing floor core exercises to get it back but its so hard to be active when you're so out of shape and I get overwhelmed. I need to get up at 5am to exercise but am really struggling hard with motivation at that time of morning when I am already so tired and out of shape. Just wondered how you maintained motivation in the beginning?
  • nicholemurphy87
    nicholemurphy87 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Amazing
  • AngelinaB_
    AngelinaB_ Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational. Congrats!
  • CristyMusicLovr
    CristyMusicLovr Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You inspire me. Congratulations on your weight-loss.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!