MUSCLE BUSTERS (closed group)

Options

Replies

• faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did well but today I felt like I just needed a break for a day. I have had big losses for two weeks and I thought with immunity, if I am going to have one day to myself it can be today, whilst early in the week. For the first time in 6 mths it also felt like my body was telling me I need a big bad feed and a day of rest, no exercise. Usually it's my brain cause I am lazy, but my body just felt overall yuck.

So today I had some chips (aka crisps) and I had a delicious Hungry Jacks (aka burger king) meal. It was fantastic because I hardly EVER have take away anymore. I am going to have a guilt free evening of not exercising as well.

I will be back into it tomorrow, but I needed this day. TOM has been atrocious last 2 days as well, so I am going to relax. :bigsmile:

I am working all weekend so it will be easy to be good. Hope you are all doing super! :flowerforyou:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Faith, good job of LISTENING to your body. We all need a cheat day once in a while. I hope that you feel more satisified and ready to rock the comp. The two big losses were huge and you don't want to set yourself up for failure.

I did good yesterday. I had a rest day from exercise. However, I totally missed the calories from exercise. I woke up in the middle of the night hungry.

Brit, what are you doing for exercise. I've started the C25K and feel like I am losing the middle and toning (leg wise) as well.

Shannon, good job on TF last night. Awesome that you are learning about carbs as well. I read somewhere that you should eat the carbs in the AM and stop by afternoon so that the body can process them.
  • brit1329
    brit1329 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Kim, I've kind of been really slacking in the exercise department lately. When I was exercising regularly, the last thing I was doing was the Insanity program. Before that was running, then 30 day shred, then Tae Bo Amped.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Well, you have a lot going on with the move....so, the packing and stress may be enough to drop a little here and there
  • nisijam5
    Options
    :heart: Hey all...getting ready to do exercise so I can eat extra today.

Faith, I saw you were in a FUNK :sick: Hope that you had your bottle of wine and enjoyed it with great enthusiasim. TOM can be a super sucky time for sure. But, we need you as a team. You've been a great inspiration! You've come far and will look hot, hot, hot on the beach in the summer for sure. Keep it up!!! If not, at least, it was good timing for Immunity!!

Brit, hope that you are a mover and shaker this week. 131.4 this week and close to breaking the 130's.

Shannon, TF your booty away...you've been doing awesome with it...no carbs/sugars for you!!!

McDebbie, hope your weekend is full of veggies and exercise with liquor in moderation. Has anyone noticed your weight loss yet? Any random comments? I would think 10 lbs is noticable.

I did have one glass of wine last night. I have a lot of stress in the house right now with teenage daughter. It kind of relaxed me as I rifled thru her belongings and cell phone. Shhhh, don't tell her :noway: So, I went over in calories by 100ish or so.

The scale is up for me as TOM arrived yesterday. I must be retaining a small animal or such; but, I will kill :mad: the b*sturd that dwells within.

Same goals as always...going to do a Jillian tape today, work, eat right...sounds good on paper, right :huh:
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    We spent 1.5 hours in the pool this morning and like Maria said, I never stayed still! :bigsmile: Of course afterwards I was starving, had an Arby's regular roast beef (minus the bun) and half of the curly fries - but loaded with horsey sauce. I love horsey sauce. First fries I have had since we started this competition. I had to take a nap this afternoon I was so worn out.

After the pool we went to Bed Bath and Beyond, I had seen some pool weights there. But they were $39.99 and even with the 20% off coupon and my gift cards they would have been free but I still thought that was a little much. DH got me a new noodle to do my waist exercises so I think I will stick with that and the running/jumping etc in the pool for now.

tonight's dinner is shrimp skewers and salad!

Good luck to all the rest of you this weekend.
  • faithikins
    Options
    You're right and I need to get off the sulk train and back into it. Must exercise today and stay under cals. In fact I'll go jump on the treadmill now, I need the endorphin's big time.
  • faithikins
    Options
    new PB jogged for 20 mins straight!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    UGH!! I was lushy on Saturday and Sunday. I do so good and then...BAM...I do something stupid. Oh, well, I'm just going to drink lots and lots of water and get back on track.

I start Week 2 of the C25K today.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Kim - great job on the C25K!! Its tough, and you need the motivation to get out there. You are doing great!

Eh, I did ok this weekend. I missed my turbo fire on Friday, but was walking a little and swam a little. I didn't eat very well at all, but I didn't eat an awful lot. No snacking so that was good.

As of today I'm maintaining but I'm really hoping to see at least a little loss on Wednesday. So, here's to two whole days of making smart food choices, drinking that water, and getting in the workouts!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I finished W2, D1 of the C25K....totally stoked about it...YAY

Going to the store now for dinner...thinking it's going to be cheeseburgers, baked fries and salad...I eat my burger on a high fiber English muffin, I hate mushy hamburger rolls

Then, off to a ballgame...

PEACE!!
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options

Going to the store now for dinner...thinking it's going to be cheeseburgers, baked fries and salad...I eat my burger on a high fiber English muffin, I hate mushy hamburger rolls

PEACE!!

What's the brand name for those english muffins? Sounds a lot better than big fluffy seeded hamburger buns.
  • healthymomwannabe
    healthymomwannabe Posts: 252 Member
    Options

Hey, I'm on the same week, same day as you! Let's kick @ss together, girl! :tongue: Do you run inside or outside? I run on the treadmill at the gym. I really don't think I could do the same thing on the pavement as I do on the treadmill - pavement just seems more difficult. :noway: Well, way to go for doing the C25K - let's keep it up!

Connie
  • nisijam5
    Options

PEACE!!

What's the brand name for those english muffins? Sounds a lot better than big fluffy seeded hamburger buns.

I just use the Thomas Light 1/3 calories...they are 100 calories and 8 g of fiber
  • nisijam5
    Options

Hey, I'm on the same week, same day as you! Let's kick @ss together, girl! :tongue: Do you run inside or outside? I run on the treadmill at the gym. I really don't think I could do the same thing on the pavement as I do on the treadmill - pavement just seems more difficult. :noway: Well, way to go for doing the C25K - let's keep it up!

Connie

Hills SUCK!!! I like it better outside tho...treadmill is B-O-RING
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Mmmm - big, mushy, white, processed hamburger buns. :smile: Seriously though - when we are out of the pasta and bread we have I'm going to move towards more whole grain, or at least wheat to transition. I have some whole grain bread for my toast at work so I'm trying.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Barilla Plus is a good option for transitioning. I am not fond of the wheat stuff at all. However, the Barilla is very good and lots less sugars.

Brownberry makes a good wheat toast...with some peanut butter, yummo
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Thanks. Hubby doesn't like the wheat stuff. I don't think he eats much of the bread though, so I may be good there. I'll check out the Barilla Plus.

I have Kroger brand whole grain bread here, with Jif natural peanut butter (low sodium since sodium is also usually an issue of mine). This PB is pretty good IMO.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Thanks. Hubby doesn't like the wheat stuff. I don't think he eats much of the bread though, so I may be good there. I'll check out the Barilla Plus.

I have Kroger brand whole grain bread here, with Jif natural peanut butter (low sodium since sodium is also usually an issue of mine). This PB is pretty good IMO.

The barilla pasta is made with proteins (beans), spelt, flax, etc....therefore, it's not a "wheat" pasta...whole grain is different from whole wheat...it's kind a marketing trick that some companies use...watch the fiber content and look at the ingrediants
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    From my understanding whole grain is usually better, right? Although I really don't think of whole grain in terms of pasta, just bread.

I can't do brown rice though, I've tried and its not good. Good thing we rarely eat rice!