14.18 miles/150

Upcoming races:
    03/19/16 Rock N Roll 5K Dallas
    03/20/16 Rock N Roll Half Dallas
    04/24/16 OKC Memorial undecided distance
    10/16/16 THAT dam half, Lewisville TX
    11/05/16 Jenks Half Jenks OK
    Run the year 2016  224.26 / 2016

@kristinegift I love my new Oiselle shorts and bra. They make me run better- I ordered more :wink:

@michable I took your tip and set my garmin to chime at ~1k. Then I walk 0.10 mile and run/walk. It really helped me focus and push a bit more. I feel like itll really help my training. Thanks!

I was playing with Strava ( as you prob know) to familiarize myself with it and created a group event- the Jenks Half that @WhatMeRunning and @ceciliaslater and I are running, just incase anyone else comes along and wants to join.
  • rune1990
    rune1990 Posts: 543 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    rjmqk3 wrote: »
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    OK, I started a strava group. It's at: http://www.strava.com/clubs/mfpmnthlychlng

I invited some of you already. If you didn't get an invite, I am probably not following you on strava.
    It's a locked group, so i will need to approve requests.

If you need help setting up a strava account of syncing it from your Garmin Connect account, please let me know.

Does Strava sync with a Fitbit Charge HR? I only saw that it is compatible with the fitbit surge. Anyone know?

Just saw your post, and not sure if anyone else responded yet! But it just synced with my last run from my fitbit charge HR.

Ok, the run and gps, my distance and time synced but I'm not sure about my HR. (Oh, just checked, it did :) )

And I did that run before I even had the strava app.

So once I signed up and opened it on the PC it asked me if I wanted to sync and devices. It was cake from there, so easy.
  • rune1990
    rune1990 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    @_nikkiwolf_ ok thanks, that makes me feel better! My resting HR has dropped the same as yours and it also started up around 70, yikes. And like you, I can not imagine running with a HR under 130, let alone 100! My HR is about 115 just casually moving around the house. I will check that link too, thanks.
  • ariceroni
    ariceroni Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    3/01: 3 miles, easy (am)
    3/01: 6 miles, 2x1 mile at LTP (7:30) then 800m @ 5K pace
    3/02: 6 miles, easy
    3/03: 6 miles, 5x800m at 6:45 pace with 400m recovery between
    Total: 21.04 miles

Today’s run was yet another treadmill run -_- This one was pretty tough and my legs felt so tired by the end! 1 mile warm up; 5x800m @ 6:45 pace with 400m recovery between; ½ mile cool down. It has now been 8 days since I’ve run outside *sigh( I can’t wait to get out there tomorrow morning! Please don’t snow again tonight…

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    3/12 - Leprechaun Leap (5K)
    3/20 - Excalibur 10 Miler
    3/26 - Chicago Quarter Marathon
    4/03 - Shamrock Shuffle (8K)
    4/09 - Chi Town Half Marathon
    5/28 - Soldier Field Run (10 miles)
  • ariceroni
    ariceroni Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Also, @Stoshew71 - I requested to join the strava group!
  • rpachigo
    rpachigo Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    4.5 hard miles today. Wasn't feeling it at 8 minute pace
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    One word for today's run: meh. I think that usually means that tomorrow's run is going to rock, yes?

exercise.png
  • runner_girl83
    runner_girl83 Posts: 553 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    March 2016
    01/3 – walk…9.44 km
    02/3 – walk…2.95 km
    03/3 – walk…15.36 km
    04/3 – pram run…5.01 km

Total : 32.76 km
    *12/3 Leukaemia Foundation Run – 21.1 km
    *20/3 Melanoma Awareness March – 4 km
    *The March Charge Monthly Challenge – 150 km

Ran with the pram today. After a few easy runs my leg/hip has been fine.. Today was another story though! I found I had to lean forward more and the pain would go away, also with a bit of a massage to the outside of my thigh. I am meant to be running my first HM next weekend :open_mouth: This is not good! It is not an official race though I am doing a virtual for charity. So while times don't matter much to me, I fear I will walk most of it at this rate! I was going to go to physio after the half for a full leg massage and work on my left hip (misaligned again). I can't afford it this week unfortunately. Stuck! Gah!
  • lillymacki55
    lillymacki55 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    03/03 3.17 mile
    TOTAL 9.45 miles
    GOAL 100

exercise.png

• JohnONE29
    JohnONE29 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    3.1.16 - 7.2 miles: Rolling Hills preset program.
    3.2.16 - 0 : Lazy.
    3.3.16 - 11 miles: 89:30.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    March Running Totals (miles)
    [2/28 – 7.78 easy]
    [2/29 – 7.22 easy + 4 strides]
    3/1 – 9.31 warm up + 8 x Yasso 800s
    3/2 – 6.02 easy
    3/3 – 15.05 easy
    3/4 – scheduled rest day
    3/5 –
    Weekly total TBD vs. target 62

March total to date – 30.38

Goal – 56, 62, or 68 miles per week, per training plan
    Expected March total - ~282 miles

Today's notes – 28° when I left home, 25° when I got back . . . and the battery on my Garmin 620 died at 12.89 miles by Garmin Connect. I actually saw a distance of 12.98 at a known point just before it died, and ran some stretches of familiar road with known distances to complete the assignment of 15 miles at E pace; I just don't know how close I held to E for the last 2.16 miles. It was okay for the first 12.89 miles.

Tomorrow I'll have to make time to call Garmin customer service. Less than 2 hours battery life is not acceptable, and 25° isn't all that cold. And I need a GPS watch, like now. Saturday's assignment calls for me to vary between E and MP, and I will need to watch that indicator; it won't do to have it fail 13 miles into a 17 mile run. I may have to buy another GPS watch, and keep this one as a backup if I can get the battery issue fixed. Sigh. I can make time to run 62 miles a week, but the administrative stuff that pops up is killing me.

Upcoming races:
    March 12, 2016 Johnny's Runnin' of the Green 5 mile (Rochester, NY)
    March 26, 2016 Spring Forward Distance Run 15K (Mendon, NY)
    April 18, 2016 Boston Marathon (Hopkinton, MA)
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    3/1: Rest day
    3/2: 12 miles (am), 5 miles (pm)
    3/3: 7 miles speedwork (am), 6 miles with Thursday crew (pm)

Laidback, social group run tonight, followed by Indian food. What more could I ask for to wrap up the weekday running days? Super pumped to sleep in tomorrow and get my hard-earned rest day!

FINALLY got my strava stuff synced for all of 2016. I had to do it from my laptop, but it wasn't all that difficult or even that time consuming since strava pulled my data for all of February. So now all my data is accurate and I am one happy camper :)

exercise.png

Upcoming Races:
    3/12: Run O' The Mill 5K (Clinton, NJ)
    4/3: Caesar Rodney HM (Wilmington, DE)
    5/1: New Jersey Marathon (Lots of towns, NJ)

Elise4270 wrote: »
    @kristinegift I love my new Oiselle shorts and bra. They make me run better- I ordered more :wink:

@Elise4270 Yay, I'm glad you like them! I ordered two of the new Lesko bras because I like them so much, and I swear they DO make me run faster! Look good/feel good --> run good, am I right?
  • kristalhersh747
    kristalhersh747 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    im in

exercise.png

• Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Left calf was pretty sore, so I called it quits after 5 miles tonight as I had already put in some reasonable mileage on the bike and in the pool earlier today.

3/1 - 3.5 miles
    3/2 - 10 miles
    3/3 - 5 miles

Total: 18.5 miles
    Goal: 200 miles
    Remaining: 181.5 miles

Upcoming Races:
    Half Ironman - Florida 70.3 - Apr 10
    Marathon - Pittsburgh - May 1
    Half Ironman - Augusta 70.3 - Sep 25
    Marathon - Chicago - Oct 9 (if accepted)
    Ironman - Florida - Nov 5
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Virkati wrote: »
    @Stoshew71 How do I upload pictures onto Strava? I've been over and over the pages but can't find out where to do it or how. I am faceless on there!!

@Virkati On the web, second button top right, Settings. Then click the square where the profile pic goes and upload.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    rjmqk3 wrote: »
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    OK, I started a strava group. It's at: http://www.strava.com/clubs/mfpmnthlychlng

I invited some of you already. If you didn't get an invite, I am probably not following you on strava.
    It's a locked group, so i will need to approve requests.

If you need help setting up a strava account of synching it from your Garmin Connect account, please let me know.

Does Strava sync with a Fitbit Charge HR? I only saw that it is compatible with the fitbit surge. Anyone know?

@rjmqk3 I've got Strava linked to my Fitbit Charge HR.

I usually record the run in the Fitbit app, and it automatically syncs to Strava.

I made sure Strava wasn't linked to MFP because otherwise it double-counts your exercise.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Rest day today.

Wow, is this place ever busy!

I'm liking the Strava leaderboard.

Good luck today everyone!

3/1 - 5 miles
    3/2 - 5 miles
    3/3 - 5 miles
    3/4 - Rest

15/150 Miles

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    4/9 - Rock the Parkway half marathon (Kansas City, MO)
    4/16 - Garmin Wickedly Fast half marathon (Olathe, KS)
    4/23 - Race for Hope half marathon (North Kansas City, MO)
    5/1 - Buffalo Bell Stampede half marathon (Leavenworth, KS)
    5/14 - Running with the Cows half marathon (Bucyrus, KS)
    6/2 - Hospital Hill 5k 7pm PRE-RUN (Kansas City, MO)
    6/3 - Hospital Hill half marathon 7am RE-RUN (Kansas City, MO)
    10/15 - Kansas City Marathon 26.2 (Kansas City, MO)
    11/5 - Jenks half marathon (Jenks, OK)
    11/6 - Kansas half marathon (Lawrence, KS)
    11/12 - Longview half marathon (Kansas City, MO)
    11/13 - Gobbler Grind half marathon (Overland Park, KS)
    11/19 - White River half marathon (Cotter, AR)
    11/20 - Pilgrim Pacer half marathon (Lenexa, KS)
  • vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Date      Miles      MTD
    ------    -----    -----
    Mar 01      3.7      3.7
    Mar 02      3.8T     7.5
    Mar 04      3.8     11.3

exercise.png
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @Stoshew71 - Sent a join request to the Strava group. I'll show on Strava as Kevin Clinefelter, because I'm a boring sort of guy who uses his real name to connect with folks he knows in meatspace.

Don't know how active I'll be; this whole social media thing is getting to be a bit of a time suck when I start to talk about running. You think I might have a bit of a running problem?
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I am knee deep in my addiction again. I need a rest day - my legs are heavy - I don't want a rest day. <stomp!>

exercise.png