March 2016 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    also ... reducing my goal now to protect the self-esteem :)

exercise.png
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    March goal—can I make 120 km?
    second half on 3/27—Dongguan Songshan First Annual
    3/1—3.31 km having trouble getting my butt out of bed.
    3/3—5.09 km
    3/4—7.01 km—dear self, remember if you’re going to run to use your inhaler, mmkay?
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Logged a few more miles yesterday!

exercise.png
  • instantmartian
    instantmartian Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    03/01 3.47 mi
    03/03 3.25 mi
    TOTAL 6.72 mi
    GOAL 55.00 mi

2016 Races:
    02/21 – Disney Princess Half Marathon – 2:38:29 (included 16 stops to either take photos of something or have my photo taken with something)
    04/02 – Philadelphia Hot Chocolate 15K
    04/09 – Yuengling Light Lager Jogger 5K
    04/16 – River Horse 6K
    05/01 – Blue Cross Broad Street Run (10 miles)
    09/18 – Rock 'n' Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    01/03 3.5miles
    02/03 3.5miles
    04/03 3.5miles

exercise.png

I'm having problems with my garmin forerunner 210. Over the past few weeks but not every run the heart rate and calories burned are messed up. Today it said I burned 261 cals but it is usually 380 - 420. Its only a minor problem but it really bugs me. I've changed the battery in HRM strap but its not helped. If anyone has any advice I'd really appreciate it. Thankyou.
    Heres today's figures

Avg HR Calories Burned
    1st mile 151 134
    2nd mile 149 109
    3rd mile 150 14
    last 1/2mile 154 4
    Total 261
  • instantmartian
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @GBrady43068: The "Jiggle Butt Run 5K" reminds me of a race that is local to me. It's called "Bouncing Buns," and it's a clothing optional 7K trail run at the local nudest resort. No kidding. I giggle EVERY time I see a flyer for it at another event. I can't even imagine running anywhere without clothes let alone through the woods. I do, however, kind of want to participate one year just out of sheer curiosity, though I'm nearly positive I will be comfortably covered up.
    http://www.pretzelcitysports.com/bouncingbuns.html

@AdrianChr92: I have attended the majority of the races I've run, alone. I've never felt uncomfortable, and I've always made small talk, at least, with those around before, during, and after the race.
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a busy place. I skimmed through everything and now need to order Lesko bras and get on Strava!

I ran a 5K last night in downtown Orlando. I still can't find my actual times online and I left before they were posting them. I forgot when you run one of the downtown runs it is mainly cobblestone streets. I've seen people fall on runs there (not last night) and it was dark so I had to be really careful. I kept pointing out holes/debris like I do on a group bike ride. Everyone who was supposed to run it from my work bailed out! But it was still fun for me. The 5K got me tickets to the Sunday opening game. We have a 50+ mile bike ride at 7am that morning and then it will have to be a quick shower/eat and go to game.
    In an all day in-service for school today so I will play with Strava during that time. :wink:

March 1 - 5.05 miles + 1 hour spinning
    March 2 - strength training
    March 3 - 5K for Orlando City Soccer (not sure why they need $) + 1 mile warmup
    March 4- strength training

exercise.png

• samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Aiming for a modest 50 miles for my first month of the running challenge!

[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w0tsNuL/exercise.png [\img][/img]
  • Ron_Dco
    Ron_Dco Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Everyone going for Strava, wish me too could. But this Windows OS, not sure how I long I need to wait for Windows Phone to get Strava :'( .
    Hope this thread doesn't go dead.

Date.................KM...................Total
    3/2..................04.13.................04.13 (Walk)
    3/3..................02.62.................06.75 (Walk / Run)

exercise.png
  • pcarvalho3
    pcarvalho3 Posts: 36 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • chatpati
    chatpati Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    7 miles done!
    exercise.png
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options

FINALLY got my strava stuff synced for all of 2016. I had to do it from my laptop, but it wasn't all that difficult or even that time consuming since strava pulled my data for all of February. So now all my data is accurate and I am one happy camper :)
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @kristinegift I love my new Oiselle shorts and bra. They make me run better- I ordered more :wink:

@Elise4270 Yay, I'm glad you like them! I ordered two of the new Lesko bras because I like them so much, and I swear they DO make me run faster! Look good/feel good --> run good, am I right?

I have to agree. It's distracting when something rubs or feels tight. I swear the shorts feel like im running iny undies, and i never have a thought about the bra.. UPS tracking said yesterday was the delivery date. Then late in the day it updated to the 7th... I was so sad. But it'll give me the weekend to make a Good Will pile ;)

Glad you're data synced up with Strava, I just knew @Stoshew71 wasn't the only front runner.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @AdrianChr92 - So far I've gone to all of my races alone. I have never had a problem with it. I always meet great people and enjoy chatting with whoever I am keeping pace with. Even better, seeing them again in a future race! It's a good way to find new friends. Heck, I've seen shirts on people advertising they were single and looking for a "running partner", usually with sayings like "your pace or mine?". It's a social event whether you show up alone or in a group.

@ddmom0811 - Congrats on the 5k!!

As for the whole Strava thing and any worries about it being the new home for all of this, that was not Stan's intent, I believe. I mean, it's called "MFP Monthly Running Challenge Group" so taking MFP out of it doesn't really work. I know I'll still be posting here. Discussions on Strava are more disconnected. You can comment on someone's run. You can open a discussion thread. But none of that is really held together the same as here. I think the big thing is just having a common fitness tracker platform where our run data can be shared. That and having the easy to view leaderboard. That is nice, it's like having a single ticker showing where everyone is in a way. I just hope nobody ever feels uncomfortable for any reason if htey are on the bottom of the leaderboard. That would be a negative for the intent this group has of helping people who are starting out.
  • freakymistkd
    freakymistkd Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    March Goal - 50km walking

March 4 - 3km
    March total - 12km

38km to go :smile:
  • Elise4270
    Options
    rohanivan wrote: »
    Everyone going for Strava, wish me too could. But this Windows OS, not sure how I long I need to wait for Windows Phone to get Strava :'( .
    Hope this thread doesn't go dead.

No way! We'll be here. Strava just allows us to look at others runs. It kinda cool seeing where everyone runs.

Did you request to join the Strava group?
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    1-nothing yet
    2-yoga
    3-sicker yet. sick sick sick
    4-still sick
    so since i had no running to blog about i made a blog with some running memes.
    Happy Friday

RACES:
    Jan 16-Frosty 5k-33:43:123 (gun time-don't have chip time)
    Feb 13-Steve Cullen Run 8k chip time: 53:37
    Feb 15 Puppy Love Virtual Run 10k runkeeper time: 1:13:20
    ?Mar 14-Great Pi Run?
    May 7-Door County Half Marathon
    ?Jun 11-Rock n Sole 5 or 8k? honeymoon might interfere
    June 19th through Sunday, July 10th SHE Power Virtual Half

exercise.png

• instantmartian
    Options
    I feel the need to comment on this Strava thing:
    Firstly, I have never even heard of it before reading this thread this morning.
    Secondly, I now feel like I need to sign myself up.
    I already use Runkeeper, Garmin Connect, Fitbit, MFP, and when I run on my gym's treadmill, mywellness. (Can you tell I'm a data hound?) What's one more app to sync to all the rest? Hmm. Decisions, decisions.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    As for the whole Strava thing and any worries about it being the new home for all of this, that was not Stan's intent, I believe. I mean, it's called "MFP Monthly Running Challenge Group" so taking MFP out of it doesn't really work. I know I'll still be posting here. Discussions on Strava are more disconnected. You can comment on someone's run. You can open a discussion thread. But none of that is really held together the same as here. I think the big thing is just having a common fitness tracker platform where our run data can be shared. That and having the easy to view leaderboard. That is nice, it's like having a single ticker showing where everyone is in a way. I just hope nobody ever feels uncomfortable for any reason if htey are on the bottom of the leaderboard. That would be a negative for the intent this group has of helping people who are starting out.

I would be sad if y'all left and went over to a different platform. I can barely keep straight the ones I have going now.
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    2/3 4.14

4.14/60
    exercise.png
  • Elise4270
    Options
    I feel the need to comment on this Strava thing:
    Firstly, I have never even heard of it before reading this thread this morning.
    Secondly, I now feel like I need to sign myself up.
    I already use Runkeeper, Garmin Connect, Fitbit, MFP, and when I run on my gym's treadmill, mywellness. (Can you tell I'm a data hound?) What's one more app to sync to all the rest? Hmm. Decisions, decisions.

Oh I know. I have GC, Strava, a training journal, Run the Year, a note pad app for my copy paste here, and MFP.. Sometimes I forget the journal.. GC automatically syncs to Strava- so that's strictly stalking others. It's free too.