Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    I confess that lately I've been concentrating really, really hard on getting my protein, carb, sugar and fat goals as close to the limit as possible... I will plan meals out ahead of time and tweak the amounts so I don't go over on any of them. I've just started doing this (a few days ago) and I feel more satisfaction from meeting these goals than anything I'm doing at work right now.

I also get a weird smug satisfaction from turning down donuts and Girl Scouts cookies at work and then watching everyone else eat them instead. I'm actually a really smug, snotty b*tch deep down and this seems to be the only thing that helps me stay focused on my weight loss goal. Succeeding while watching everyone else fail.

I'm really just about the worst kind of person at times :(

Not wearing my judgy pants either. Good luck meeting your macros. It's weird how 3 or 4 numbers can make or break your day!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    I ate M&M's the other night instead of a protein bar. Also, I ate a PB&J with Cheetos and a glass of milk Sunday for dinner because I'm a child. I didn't log the sandwich or chips either. :open_mouth:

I was tempted to eat 2 Quest Bars last night in order to meet my protein goal even though it would have put me well over my calories.

I log food and then am too tired or full to eat it but don't take it out of my diary.

How's that for confessions Friday?!

Peanut Butter and Jelly and Cheetos? And milk? That just sounds so gross.

I think you misspelled delicious.

nope, totally no delicious in that sentence.

You don't like pb&j's? :anguished:

i love PB&J. Its the cheetos/milk in combo factor.

Eh. I haven't eaten Cheetos in months, and I bought a bag because they were less than $2 and I remember eating pb&j with chips and a glass of milk when I was a kid. I also like putting potato chips ON my sandwiches. I enjoy the extra crunch it adds.

Salt and Vinegar chips on a turkey sandwich? De-fricking-licious!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

LOL!! That is awesome!! I am a huge fan of peanut butter also! So far, for the last ten days or so, I've been able to eat it in moderation -- actually measuring it -- but it is not easy.

Did anyone claim this????

How long ago was this posted? There's an hour time limit, I think. @quiksylver296 is that still right?

I don't remember anything about a time limit. You'd have to ask @MelissaPhippsFeagins. I'm not going back to look! LOL

My hour time limit was for if the game was moving slowly and I decided to randomly post a square just to see if anyone caught it. I haven't seen quik do that and I ended up not needing to.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    @WestCoastJo82 I wanted you to know I mailed in my voter registration today. We MUST STOP DONALD TRUMP.

Now, of course, I have no idea who to vote for but I sure want to vote against him.

Yes!!!!! Here's a non-partisan, quick quiz thing you can take that tells you which canidate is closest to your own views.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/ns/societly-vaa/

Confirmed what I already knew. Go Bernie!!

Feeling the Bern, me too!

I also got Bernie.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    Okay, I just literally wasted an hour reading through 13 pages of that crazy oreo thread. It prompted me to eat a whole sleeve of thin mints (who knew they were also vegan?) and now I feel sick. Thanks, MFP.

thin mints are vegan?!
    (brb, finding thin mints.)
    in other news, I have now eaten a ridiculous amount of french fries two days in a row, and skipped jiu jitsu. Also, I have this ridiculous fear of making phone calls and it took me something like an hour to work up the nerve to make one today. When am I going to be a real adult?

I don't blame you. Phones are the worst.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    ~~~Public service announcement~~~~

I have discovered I am more inclined to eat my salad if i build it so that all the nice things (chicken, feta, sweetcorn) are at the bottom and all the lettuce and cabbage etc are piled on top. I have to eat my way through the greenery to get to the 'treats'*.

*this works best when served in a bowl

~~~end of public service announcement~~~

Yay for discovering this!

I also kind of eat salad the same way. I'll usually put all the good stuff to the side and then eat all the boring stuff first and eat all the yummy stuff last.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Confession about GS cookies.
    I don't like Thin Mints or Peanut Butter Patties.

The peanut butter oatmeal cookies taste so much better than the patties. I prefer Thank Yous for my chocolate fix.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I ate M&M's the other night instead of a protein bar. Also, I ate a PB&J with Cheetos and a glass of milk Sunday for dinner because I'm a child. I didn't log the sandwich or chips either. :open_mouth:

I was tempted to eat 2 Quest Bars last night in order to meet my protein goal even though it would have put me well over my calories.

I log food and then am too tired or full to eat it but don't take it out of my diary.

How's that for confessions Friday?!

Peanut Butter and Jelly and Cheetos? And milk? That just sounds so gross.

I think you misspelled delicious.

nope, totally no delicious in that sentence.

You don't like pb&j's? :anguished:

i love PB&J. Its the cheetos/milk in combo factor.

Eh. I haven't eaten Cheetos in months, and I bought a bag because they were less than $2 and I remember eating pb&j with chips and a glass of milk when I was a kid. I also like putting potato chips ON my sandwiches. I enjoy the extra crunch it adds.

Salt and Vinegar chips on a turkey sandwich? De-fricking-licious!

I do not understand this. Why not just eat them on the side? Do they not just get all broken up in the sandwich?
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    @WestCoastJo82 I wanted you to know I mailed in my voter registration today. We MUST STOP DONALD TRUMP.

Now, of course, I have no idea who to vote for but I sure want to vote against him.

Yes!!!!! Here's a non-partisan, quick quiz thing you can take that tells you which canidate is closest to your own views.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/ns/societly-vaa/

Confirmed what I already knew. Go Bernie!!

Feeling the Bern, me too!

I also got Bernie.

whoop whoop

Cuz he is the best!
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    How about this for a confession.

I ate a bunch of chocolate XLAX once thinking they were chocolate. I was a kid. Yes, I had the WORST diarrhea (yes I had to look up how to spell that).
    I ate too many sugar free chocolates once and had a fun afternoon.

• FroggyBug
    Options
    @Oberon21 if you do just don't sit in the front row. Sweat, spit, and/or blood sometimes goes far!

Gross. I learned that when we went to a play (Marx brothers) and we were front row. We could see one of the main actors spitting whenever he delivered his lines. Thankfully we were off to the right and not center. :s
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    Confession about GS cookies.
    I don't like Thin Mints or Peanut Butter Patties.

The peanut butter oatmeal cookies taste so much better than the patties. I prefer Thank Yous for my chocolate fix.

I like all of those cookies you listed but no Caramel deLites. I abhor coconut.

I confess that I did not buy a single box of GS cookies this year.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    I bought a box of the oatmeal cookies and a bag of their newer Trios to try out.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    I also NEVER EVER EVER use hand sanitizer. I think it's a sham and humans are eroding the body's ability to fight infection on its own by obsessing on anti-bacterial everything. At the most, I get one cold a year. I've never had the flu.

I use sanitizer all the time. I never get sick either. :)
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I also NEVER EVER EVER use hand sanitizer. I think it's a sham and humans are eroding the body's ability to fight infection on its own by obsessing on anti-bacterial everything. At the most, I get one cold a year. I've never had the flu.

I use sanitizer all the time. I never get sick either. :)

I use it a lot too, in conjunction with frequent hand washing. Hand sanitizing is the policy at hospitals and doctor's offices, so I'm on board until I hear different!
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    I use hand santizer when I need to. I bought a few cute ones from Bed Bath Bodyworks because I am terrible with shopping impulses.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Having a *kitten* weird day. Completely unproductive, and I just cried over a poem (that I've read many times before) and I have no motivation to do anything. Ugh. I want to hug like 15 puppies.

Also, there is a 50% chance that I'm just going to eat cookies for dinner, because I'm a Responsible (almost) Adult.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    I use hand santizer when I need to. I bought a few cute ones from Bed Bath Bodyworks because I am terrible with shopping impulses.

I love their sanitizer too. I have the winter candy apple and it smells really good.

And yes, I do wash my hands a lot too. There are a LOT of sick people where I work (right now especially). Unfortunately to do my job, I have to touch stuff they touch.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @Oberon21 if you do just don't sit in the front row. Sweat, spit, and/or blood sometimes goes far!

@LadyAbsynthe Sorry to hear it's a rough food day, I hope you were still able to fuel your body with some healthy food so that you weren't starvingly hungry when you went to bed

@quiksylver296 You're a bada** for doing your one rep max's on your birthday! Is there a way to fit alfredo in for a makeup dinner?

I confess I felt guilty for being the new person at my new Muay Thai class last night because I was afraid I was slowing people down. I know everyone starts new and everyone in the class was so nice and so welcoming, but I still felt suuuuuper guilty. Hopefully the learning curve is quick!

How'd you like it? I did judo for years. I miss it, but there aren't enough hours in the day to do everything and I'm totally in love with weightlifting.

Judo is such a cool class! I loved it and bought a membership to all their mixed martial arts classes so they're stuck with me now :)

I have often thought about doing this... one of these days...

When my kids were little, we went to a karate class for a year or so. We all 3 were in the class. I mostly remember a TON of warmup and stretching at the beginning. That was my absolute favorite part, and I miss it. The sparring and all of that stuff, I didn't really care for that. I guess maybe I should just start going to yoga, huh?

Yes, you should. I <3 yoga.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    My fit bit is getting my steps, but not synching with the site. Sometimes I have to reset the whole thing.

I think this is N-32 for me. Quik, can you check that?!

You can't use your card from the last game, Mo. You have to start over. B-1 for you.

Did we have a winner?! I thought we kept going until we had a winner?! WHY DON'T YOU WANT ME TO WIN!?

I WANT YOU TO WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Gee, thanks, Patricia. :-(