Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Kellie!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    ok POF, I added a recipe. I am just making it up for the first time right now. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/view/203967597169965

Take the amaranth seeds, chia, rolled oats, and hemp hearts and toast for 15-20 minutes at 350. Let cool.
    Melt butter and add in PB, vanilla (cinnamon optional). Mix dry and wet ingredients (minus chocolate chips). Then mix in chocolate chips. Press onto parchment paper and bake 350 for 30 minutes (?). Let cool. Cut into 24 pieces or whatever size you want. Again, I'm just making this up so I may make adjustments as I go once I see how it really looks. I'll let you know how it works out. Add salt to taste, too.

Nice! I need no butter tho! Can't wait to hear how it turns out!

Any vegan spread from an oil base. Maybe coconut oil? Also, this would be easy to make nut free by using soy or sunflower butter. So many bars have either almond or dairy in them (aside from butter, the whey protein is so hard on me) that I can't buy them. If I wanted to go high protein I'd substitute in some vegan protein powder in place of some of the dry ingredients (less oats for example).

I did add in the tiniest splash of balsamic vinegar - maybe a teaspoon. It just seemed like a good idea.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    ok POF, I added a recipe. I am just making it up for the first time right now. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/view/203967597169965

Take the amaranth seeds, chia, rolled oats, and hemp hearts and toast for 15-20 minutes at 350. Let cool.
    Melt butter and add in PB, vanilla (cinnamon optional). Mix dry and wet ingredients (minus chocolate chips). Then mix in chocolate chips. Press onto parchment paper and bake 350 for 30 minutes (?). Let cool. Cut into 24 pieces or whatever size you want. Again, I'm just making this up so I may make adjustments as I go once I see how it really looks. I'll let you know how it works out. Add salt to taste, too.

As butter, especially clarified butter, has so little of the allergens that bother the kids and I (whey, casein, lactose, etc) I forget it is dairy.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Earth Balance!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Thanks, guys.
    I talked to the on-call nurse at his doctor's office. She didn't think he had to come in because he's had cold symptoms the past few days. She said his upset stomach was probably a result of the nasal drainage when he was laying down trying to sleep. She said just treat it as a cold... saline nasal spray if needed, lots of fluids, rest..etc.
    He seemed better this morning. He ate some breakfast and was taking it easy. All was well for a few hours but now breakfast just came up. :(

I hope you can both get some rest!

Thanks!
  • nonoelmo
    Options

Earth Balance!

That's the one!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Sorry that you're sick, Kelly! I hope you're feeling better soon!
    We were up all night with a vomiting child! :( Calling the pediatrician at 8:00 when they start taking on-call appointments.

Ugh!

I was lucky that I only vomited twice, but the other end wasn't fun.

How is he feeling today?

I felt much better than yesterday, & made it the whole day at work. I still feel a bit crampy in my stomach & gassy, but other than that it's alright.
  • nonoelmo
    Options

Ok. VERY tasty - my daughter says tastes like cheesecake crust. But this is very crumbly. Maybe rather than bake as a bar turn into no-bake drops.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I have eaten dessert 3 times today, and pasta for dinner, so my calories are 1200. But that's okay because midterms.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

I can't eat coconuts, but I know.vegans who sub coconut oil for butter - start with less oil because I have never done it before and I am nit sure it's one to one.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    We were up all night with a vomiting child! :( Calling the pediatrician at 8:00 when they start taking on-call appointments.

Ugh!

How is he feeling today?

I felt much better than yesterday, & made it the whole day at work. I still feel a bit crampy in my stomach & gassy, but other than that it's alright.

I am glad you are feeling better. I still sounds like a miserable day at work.

Kelly - my son used to throw up any time he had mucus from draining congestion build up in his stomach. I hope it is that simple for your son and he heals quickly.
  • nonoelmo
    Options

I can't eat coconuts, but I know.vegans who sub coconut oil for butter - start with less oil because I have never done it before and I am nit sure it's one to one.

Oh, remind me of this if/when I cook something you are going to eat. Coconut oil is something I cook with regularly and I use coconut milk/cream in certain dishes. There are other ways for me to cook so just remind me.
    The bars could easily be made without coconut too. It is almonds for me, almost as bad as wheat.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    I have eaten dessert 3 times today, and pasta for dinner, so my calories are 1200. But that's okay because midterms.

Good luck on your midterms. Back to your balanced choices soon, but today sounded yummy.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

Ugh!

How is he feeling today?

Glad you are feeling better!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

Oh, remind me of this if/when I cook something you are going to eat. Coconut oil is something I cook with regularly and I use coconut milk/cream in certain dishes. There are other ways for me to cook so just remind me.
    The bars could easily be made without coconut too. It is almonds for me, almost as bad as wheat.

I'll remind you and bring walnuts from my yard.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Never mind. This was on the old card.

But can I count my QB confession?

Was it innocently confessed? :D

Of course. I really almost ate 2 QB's last night after checking my macros. I didn't, because my fiber would have been 49 grams :grimace: and thought I'd better not push my luck.

It's okay, you don't have to give it to me.

The one day after looking at my Fiber count I had around 84 grams :# .

I confess that 2 months ago I bought some quest bars in case I was low on fiber I could fix it, and Wednesday I could have used one but did not have it in my work bag.

Free space for N and quest bars for G-49.
    I believe I am tied with mo now. Unless @quiksylver296 is starting over today. Then B-2 for the quest bars

Not starting over til there's a winner. @MelissaPhippsFeagins and @MoHousdon are tied!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

Well you need brain food :)
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options

Good luck on your midterms. Back to your balanced choices soon, but today sounded yummy.

Thank you! ^ ^
    kecmw25 wrote: »

Well you need brain food :)

Exactly! :3
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Confession: My kids will not let me have breakfast for dinner. I am irrationally angry about that.

What!?
    Breakfast for dinner is awesome!

:o

No! Tammy WE do not like that!

:p Hahahahahahaha

Oh, Ok. Haha! I will say that I am not a fan of dinner for breakfast! Blech!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I bought a groupon to the yoga place by my house. I'm going to my first class tonight after work!

Hopefully a change will help me...