Replies

• Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Haven't logged on in ages!!
    JFT
    Track all food & pretrack if possible.
    Pack healthy snack in am.
    Workout at gym today (20 mins on eliptical & weights).
    Drink 9 cups of water throughout the day.
    Read for inspiration.
    Get back to journaling.
    Focus on eating whole foods & less processed.
    Evening walk with pup.
    Plan meal for Sunday, make extra.
    Turn clocks ahead & get to bed by 9:30.

Everything is hard before it gets easy!

• JustJaedis
    JustJaedis Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    First time logging in after a long absence.

Just for today I'm committing myself to logging all my meals, and to throw away all the unnecessary snack foods I have hidden around the house.

Except the poptarts. Those are next to the low cal cereal bars to remind me why I'm losing weight.
  • mochamist33
    mochamist33 Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    First time logging in to this post.
    Reiki Prayer
    Just for today I will not worry
    Just for today I will not anger
    Just for today I will give thanks for my many blessings
    Just for today I will do my work honestly
    Just for today I will be kind to my neighbor and every living thing
    Dr. Mikao Usui
    This is a prayer I try to live by everyday and is the reason this post caught my attention. Thank you all for your inspiring posts. It puts a smile on my face to see that the Reiki prayer principles are being adopted to your daily lives.
    So, just for today I will:
    1. Run at least 3 miles - done!! B)
    2. Count all calories that go into my mouth
    3. Meditate for at least 10 minutes
    4. Get all reading done for school project (FNP School)
    5. Drink 80 oz. of water.
    Peace to all of you for your day ahead. :)
  • clrm2jt
    clrm2jt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    JFT:
    I will get 30 mins of cardio
    I will get my back yard power washed
    I will get all of steps in
    I will enjoy my Saturday and not waste it away in front of the tv!
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    shrcpr wrote: »
    JFT, 3/10

1. Walk the dogs :)
    2. Stay within weight-loss calories :)
    3. Workout - some kind of cardio + weights :)

I'll be in SF on Friday working which makes a super long day so Just For Tomorrow, 3/11:

1. Stay within maintenance calories o:) Stayed within weight-loss calories!
    2. Enjoy my audio book on that horrendous drive back to SJ in the evening :)

JFT, 3/12

1. Walk the dogs
    2. Strength training workout
    3. Cardio or >10k steps for the day
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Can I join this? I never did a thread before.

Jump right in!
  • MeganGTaylor
    MeganGTaylor Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    This is a continuation of a thread I started a thread late October, and another one in January and February, to try to stay on track, "JUST FOR A DAY".

We have had over 500 replies each month, so I am going to restart this each month. This has helped me tremendously, to start each day new. It has kept me going, and to keep on trying, one day at a time. And, I've met some wonderful friends along the way! Reading others goals for just one day has given me so much inspiration and goals to set for myself.

If I can do this for JUST ONE DAY, well, maybe that one day will lead to another day, an entire week, an entire month, and this will help me to develop better habits for my life, taking this one day at a time.

So each day I am going to post what I would like to accomplish. While I post my "Just for today" list, I am also going to post how I did the day before, so I am accountable to you guys as well.

Would anyone like to join me!! I am always so encouraged reading others goals, and together, we can all reach our goals for 2015 and beyond. I hope to keep doing this, starting a new thread each month.

March is a new month, a fresh start!

To bookmark this new thread, just click on the little yellow star. That book marks it, so you can find it easy. When you go to post again, to the right at the top of your page is a bell, a star, and a little flower. Click on the star, and it will show your book marked threads.

Anyone can join!
    This is a continuation of a thread I started a thread late October, and another one in January and February, to try to stay on track, "JUST FOR A DAY".

We have had over 500 replies each month, so I am going to restart this each month. This has helped me tremendously, to start each day new. It has kept me going, and to keep on trying, one day at a time. And, I've met some wonderful friends along the way! Reading others goals for just one day has given me so much inspiration and goals to set for myself.

If I can do this for JUST ONE DAY, well, maybe that one day will lead to another day, an entire week, an entire month, and this will help me to develop better habits for my life, taking this one day at a time.

So each day I am going to post what I would like to accomplish. While I post my "Just for today" list, I am also going to post how I did the day before, so I am accountable to you guys as well.

Would anyone like to join me!! I am always so encouraged reading others goals, and together, we can all reach our goals for 2015 and beyond. I hope to keep doing this, starting a new thread each month.

To bookmark this new thread, just click on the little yellow star. That book marks it, so you can find it easy. When you go to post again, to the right at the top of your page is a bell, a star, and a little flower. Click on the star, and it will show your book marked threads.

Anyone can join!

• MeganGTaylor
    MeganGTaylor Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just for today I am going to log all my food and drink plenty of water and keep myself out of the kitchen when I am between meals, I am glad I saw your thread, need some support!
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    JFT 03/11
    1) Running rest day so I plan on doing some walking and weights. No weights, but walked a little over 2 miles.
    2) Need to do the water..aiming for 5 glasses but it would great if I could exceed to try and purge some of that sodium from yesterday/water retention. Got in 4 glasses. :/
    3) Prep for Sunday school lesson this weekend :(
    JFT 03/12
    1)Run! 5.13 miles in :smiley:
    2) Do the water, shoot for 5 glasses or more.
    3) Keep the calories in check tonight for dinner.
  • BreeHP
    BreeHP Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! Getting overwhelmed by a large amount to lose. This JFT thread is just what I need to stay focused on every day changes. Not sure how to post, though...let's see what happens when I hit "post"...
  • BreeHP
    BreeHP Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ohhh! It worked!!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options

JFT 3/11/16
    1) Take it easy
    2) Eat at least one meal
    3) Pay bills

^Yep

JFTomorrow 3/13/16
    1) look for new breakfast place
    2) Zumba
    3) eat balanced food
  • badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Saturday:
    1. Over 10000 steps, goal met
    2. Only 40% rda of calcium...I forgot to pick up some supplements at the grocery store.

JFT Sunday:
    1. Eat a reasonable serving of pancakes.
    2.Complete at least one bodyweight strength circuit.
  • briegirl28
    briegirl28 Posts: 121 Member
    Options

Anyone can join!

• briegirl28
    Options
    briegirl28 wrote: »

Anyone can join!

I'd love to join this challenge! I definitely need to focus on just eating healthy one day at a time. :)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,220 Member
    Options
    Back at it, after being absent a lot. So many stresses in my life right now, but I know if I take this one day at a time, I'll feel so much better.
    Since its late in the day today, here are my goals for tomorrow:
    Sunday
    1. log all food
    2. drink water
    3. finish the quilt I am sewing for my grandson
    4. work in the yard if it is not raining
    5. try and PLAN the meals for the week

• bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »

J4T SATURDAY
    1. Prep dinner :smile:
    2. Do facepainting for a couple hundred kids! :smile:
    3. Birthday party for oldest daughter :smile:
    4. Stay under calorie limit :smile:

I did really well on calories today, which is unusual for me on days when I have all my kids over for dinner. I had to make a swap so I could have a shot of Fireball Whiskey. Yummy! And I was good, I had Think Thin Protein Bites instead of homemade cheese cake!

J4T Sunday
    1. Church
    2. Lunch out
    3. Grocery shopping
    4. Stay under calorie goal
  • briegirl28
    Options
    Just for Today (for Sunday)

1. Continue my cleanse
    2. Cook enough protein for 3 days
    3. Start eating veggies
    4. Drink @ least 64 oz of H2O
  • Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    JFT
    Be inspired and motivated by all your posts on here. Keep reading them each day because I want to see results in my weight loss journey and because you are also on the same journey - We can all achieve success with support from each other on here.
    Log all food before eating it or pre-log meals for the day to stay within calories.
    Drink Water. - I sometimes forget to do this because I love tea.
    Move more even if it is just doing chores, stand up to do things rather than just sitting down.
    Use my cross trainer every day, not just when I feel like it.
    Plan time for activities, don't let the minutes in the day pass by without doing something that will make me feel happier, healthier and fitter.
    Thank you to everyone on here just for being there and sharing you JFT goals.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,289 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Friends ...Commit to yourself, Just For Today.
    Have the courage to follow through.
    Your dreams can come true.
    I know it for a fact!

[img]http://www.freesmileys.org/custom/image/grey^_^georgia^_^3^_^5^_^Welcome! Newbies!%5E_%5E.gif[/img]

"The accountability of posting here keeps me on the straight and narrow.
    I can always find excuses in my head, but somehow,
    they just don't cut it when I see them in black and white on the page."

JFT Sat 12 Mar
    1. Pre-log/follow through; 90+ minutes exercise; 9500+ steps, 10081 steps; 8 cups liquids. :)
    2. Practice gratitude. :)
    3. Local shopping. :)
    4. Laundry. :)
    5. Embroidery. :)

JFT Sun 13 Mar
    1. Pre-log/follow through; 90+ minutes exercise; 9500+ steps, ; 8 cups liquids.
    2. Practice gratitude.
    3. Start reading 'The Martian'. My daughter lent it to we weeks ago.
    4. Visit family after lunch.