What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• aenglert_04
    aenglert_04 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    had a gym date with a friend tonight. friend showed up an hour late.... i was just getting done with a 5k. instead of bailing on the newly-arrived friend, i said and did ANOTHER 5k!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    aliceghinn wrote: »
    My NSV - today i realised that me & my 3 yr old daughter regularly SIT DOWN together for snack or lunch....a far cry from what it used to be - i used to grab food, from the packet straight to my mouth, mindlessly, and she was beginning to follow my example! Now we prep lunch nicely & sit down to relax and enjoy the meal together. (I'm a sahm, so being around food all day makes it a little hard at times).

Reinforces one of my personal health rules....NEVER EAT STANDING UP

Love this rule!!
  • mommyofX2
    mommyofX2 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My NSV is being able to shop in the medium section! I was trying things on in bigger sizes but nothing looked right then realized it's because I'm smaller ☺️
  • BantamFeather
    BantamFeather Posts: 6 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I had two yesterday! I resisted temptation when someone brought some munchkins to a meeting at work. I didn't have a single one even though the box was in front of me the entire two hour meeting. It helped because I knew I was having a treat later in the day which brings me to the next victory.

We had a small pizza party at lunch for the trainers and I knew about it ahead of time so I planned to have two slices. I ended up having three but it wasn't the end of the world because in the end I fit everything into my calories for the day and actually ended up eating under my goal! This was big for me because before I could put away an entire pizza on my own if I wanted to. This time I was stuffed to the gills as soon as I finished the third piece.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    More hourglass/pear shaped. Looked slimmer in general

1200 logging day streak.

Killed it at the gym. I haven't gone so far in March so really glad i went. Also had a new top that says 'eat clean, train hard & #Letemhaveit' on it. Part of a 1stphorm challenge I'm doing. Made me go harder

• Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    aliceghinn wrote: »
    My NSV - today i realised that me & my 3 yr old daughter regularly SIT DOWN together for snack or lunch....a far cry from what it used to be - i used to grab food, from the packet straight to my mouth, mindlessly, and she was beginning to follow my example! Now we prep lunch nicely & sit down to relax and enjoy the meal together. (I'm a sahm, so being around food all day makes it a little hard at times).

Reinforces one of my personal health rules....NEVER EAT STANDING UP

that is wonderful, congrats on being a great example! I need to follow that rule, never eat standing up. I eat almost all of my meals alone, so often standing, or sitting at a computer or in front of the tv. Why bother with the dining table when you are alone? :( Great job setting a positive example for your daughter!!! :smiley:
  • hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    3otoq4ewbwl7.jpeg
    My NSV is that i need more pants. They are falling off. Down another size
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Fitting into an XL. I've been wearing a 2-3x for years now. Feels great!
  • justjumpit278
    justjumpit278 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I registered for my first 5K yesterday! I'm doing it with a group of friends and the plan is to walk most of it but it's in June so I have enough time to work up to being comfortable with jogging some of it!
  • MindyBruno
    MindyBruno Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    ahende3 wrote: »
    I have struggled to write a NSV because my journey has been long and up and down, but after my work in the last 4 months I have to do it now.
    1) I recently got to come off two medications (hbp and cholesterol)

2) I have cut my 1 mile time in half!

3) my A1c has gone from a 10.4 to a 7.5 in 6 months!!!

4) I have managed to keep 25 lbs off for 3 years and have continued to lose weight!!!!!

WOW! Going from a 10.4 to 7.5 is amazing, keep it up.
  • orange_hoodie
    orange_hoodie Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My orthopedist said I could resume my regular activities. It's been six months since a car crashed into me while I was riding my bike and one of the injuries that resulted was a fractured hip. I didn't gain any weight and I'm signed up for a 40 mile bike tour in May.

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! As a fellow cyclist coming off a minor 6 week injury I'm really cheering for you! Way to get back on that bike :)
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    a guy at church said you look like so and so, she is about your size. (oh my that lady is small) That made me feel good!
  • Adphillips9
    Adphillips9 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I worked from home yesterday, which is normally (according to my fitbit), the lowest activity day of the week since I walk a lot to get back and forth from work. So I logged off from work and went for a 20 mile bike ride.

My fitbit really doesn't know what to do with bike rides, but at one point I looked down at my cycle computer and was cruising along in a 25 mph zone at 30.1 mph. There is one long hill I have to climb to get home and my speed up the hill didn't drop below 17 mph and I wasn't panting. Breathing deeply yes, but not dying!

I did check my cycle computer programming when I got home - and its right. I guess I'm getting my aerobic fitness back!

I worked in a bike shop when I went back to school in 2006. People would come in and ask how they could get the weight of their bike down. I always had to keep my lip zipped and NOT point out that the easiest and cheapest way to get weight off the bike was to get it off the rider...
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I had my one month check up with my doctor since my diabetes diagnosis and going on metformin (and walking most days and really watcing what I eat). He was pleased. Numbers are good. It's working.
  • courtneylykins5
    courtneylykins5 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Went to Steak N Shake with my son today as a treat. I love their shakes, but talk about a calorie bomb. I could fit half of one into my day without going over my goals. So that's what I had. The victory is not only staying within goals, but not feeling the need to finish everything I paid for.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Reviewing video off my car's dashcam, I caught a glimpse of myself in it....and didn't hate it!
  • sssgilbe
    sssgilbe Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I made cookies for a family party and, for the first time ever, matched the recipe's yield number. In other words, I didn't eat half the dough!
  • LilDsMom2
    LilDsMom2 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I can now fit my 16 pants after wearing size 20 for most of the winter. I have pants ranging in size from 10 to 22 in my closet (I know :s ) . I also now have the guts to donate the larger sizes to my favorite charity.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!