You Know When You're in the MFP "Zone" When...

Options

Replies

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Lozibeth wrote: »
    Measuring out your wine in a measuring jug before pouring it into the glass...must get every last drop.

Wasting precious drops! Drink it straight from the measuring cup.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    You have a pair of headphones in your backpack, purse, gym bag, and coat pocket, because you know that you simply cannot workout without them.
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Measuring out your wine in a measuring jug before pouring it into the glass...must get every last drop.

Measuring 1.5 ounces of water, pouring it into a glass, marking the glass, then pouring vodka in to the mark . . . must get every drop for that Bloody Mary!! :D
  • Cheryl_in_AL
    Cheryl_in_AL Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    When you are feeding the cat and grab your phone to scan the bar code. I stopped in time but I wonder what it would have said.
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    When you are feeding the cat and grab your phone to scan the bar code. I stopped in time but I wonder what it would have said.

Hahah ok. Now I have to know... is it in the system? :smiley:

When your husband asks for a bite of your food, you say yes, but you try to measure the portion that's now gone.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    When you bring the food scale out to a place like Panda Express because you know estimating the size of portions is totally useless.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    LaceyBirds wrote: »

Measuring 1.5 ounces of water, pouring it into a glass, marking the glass, then pouring vodka in to the mark . . . must get every drop for that Bloody Mary!! :D

Or you could just pour the vodka first...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    The database is down and you're like OMG HOW AM I GOING TO KNOW HOW MUCH TO EAT NOW, and annoyed that you can't prelog dinner.

• FitnessGirl11mfp
    FitnessGirl11mfp Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    When you see someone with one of those huge fountain drinks from the gas station and can't believe you used to drink those before mfp. Now you couldn't imagine drinking that many calories.

When your family thinks you're crazy for "taking pictures" of all your food lol.

When you are reading this forum and taking notes of certain tips to help with reaching goals lol.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    joinn68 wrote: »
    When you take your food scale to your mom's place to weigh her ingredients are she cooks because she cooks this amazing dish without a recipe and you want to know exactly how many calories it contains

When you are appalled when people cook without a recipe weighed in grams and don't know the exact number of portions it will yield

I took my scale to my moms for dinner Sunday, she was like why did you bring that, I said to weigh my meat, she was like I have one here. Then... I left it there by accident! Thankfully my brother brought it to me the next morning.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    cld111 wrote: »
    When you have a notebook next to your digital scale with all kinds of mathematical equations written on it.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I used to use the notepads from hotels and I finally caved and bought a little 3x5 wire bound notebook

I was doing that until my husband complained about the notes. Now I have a small whiteboard with magnets attached to it so it's always on the fridge. It means I can also write passive-aggressive notes to him when he eats my yoghurt.

I just said yesterday that I was going to do this! Lol. Whiteboard for the weights of serving sizes of the stuff cooked in the fridge just seems oh so right!
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    When you weight yourself three times in a row to make sure the loss is real and the digital scale isn't malfunctioning.

When it takes twice as long in the grocery checkout because the checker doesn't know the codes for all the weird fruits and vegetables in your cart.
  • RUNucbar
    RUNucbar Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    When a friend asked you to open packaging and the first thing you do is look for the barcode so you can open it in such a way, the barcode can still be scanned with the app. Even though the friend in question has never even heard of MFP. And doing this every damn time someone asks me to open things.

I have also cut the barcode out of the box of my favourite snack multi-pack as the individual wrappers are just clear cellophane. That way I can scan the barcode if I eat the snack in my bag while at uni as it is the fastest way. The lecturer gave me very weird look when I took it out my pencil case and scanned it mid-lecture.
  • jessicagosz
    jessicagosz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Dariasen wrote: »
    You have an internal temper tantrum when dinner plans change because you prelogged.
    HAHA I'm totally with you there!

• cathed42
    cathed42 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    When you keeping seeing endless "person above you" posts!
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    Having to wait until you know that your food scale, is bone dry; after cleaning it & before using it because you don't want any moisture, to potentially add a gram; to what you weigh next. Even though you're starving!
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    When you move in and one of the first things you unpack is your scale
  • mou_254
    mou_254 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    dawniemate wrote: »
    When you automatically click on the app without thinking. .then spend 20 minutes reading the posts ! :wink:

Exactly this!! So much this!